Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Emma Hayes 14:43 - Dec 7 with 5542 viewsBlacknGoldnBlue

Owners have gone on record as saying they'd love to appoint a female manager. Obviously very succesful and would be a eye catching appointment but also a risk....
Discuss

Poll: Will Ipswich be relegated this season?

Emma Hayes on 15:14 - Dec 7 with 965 viewswkj

Emma Hayes on 15:13 - Dec 7 by Fixed_It

Tell me more about Barney. I'm intrigued...

Think Steve Evens, but not as pink

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Emma Hayes on 15:19 - Dec 7 with 950 viewsParsley

Emma Hayes on 15:04 - Dec 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

"Owners have gone on record as saying they'd love to appoint a female manager."

Have they? Where's this?

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/johnson-keen-on-hiring-female-coach-80
No chance. on 15:21 - Dec 7 with 943 viewsDavoIPB

No chance. on 14:48 - Dec 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

Shes gone on record as saying a L1 mens club job is not a step up.

I dont think she would take the job.

Also its a big risk at this moment in time. More likely the owners would look at it if Cook had left on a high.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2021 14:50]

L1 mens is not a step up from womens football. Is she having laugh? Technical ability, pace of the game, ability to think quickly, pressure to achieve, money involved. League 1 mens football is at least two leagues above women's international football. I once watched a bunch of you tubers take on the arsenal women's team at particular skills, including saving penalties and taking free kicks. The you tubers won mmmm, food for thought.

Womens football has progressed so much but sorry it's still no where near the men's game and is currently still non-league standard.
Emma Hayes on 15:23 - Dec 7 with 923 viewsFixed_It

Emma Hayes on 14:46 - Dec 7 by BlacknGoldnBlue

Untested in the mens game is the risk!

Tested in the men's game is also a risk. Every appointment is a risk. You minimise the risk by the quality of the appointment, not by their gender.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

No chance. on 15:23 - Dec 7 with 933 viewswkj

No chance. on 15:21 - Dec 7 by DavoIPB

L1 mens is not a step up from womens football. Is she having laugh? Technical ability, pace of the game, ability to think quickly, pressure to achieve, money involved. League 1 mens football is at least two leagues above women's international football. I once watched a bunch of you tubers take on the arsenal women's team at particular skills, including saving penalties and taking free kicks. The you tubers won mmmm, food for thought.

Womens football has progressed so much but sorry it's still no where near the men's game and is currently still non-league standard.

Managing in L1 may well not be a step up. Im sure managers for top teams in the Women's game get a much larger salary than most L1 managers do.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Emma Hayes on 15:25 - Dec 7 with 911 viewsmonty_radio

Emma Hayes on 15:04 - Dec 7 by Ryorry

How well does she know L1? would be my question.

No problem if she's actually best person for the job & can make a case for that at interview, but as someone else said, "first" to do anything is a risk. She'd get a lot of stick from misogynists, esp from other clubs' visiting fans & if on a poor run; and a lot of media attention. Does she have the psychological strength to handle all that?

If the answer to all the above is "yes" then fine by me - except the timing doesn't feel right, this doesn't seem a good time in our history to be going out on a limb - we need stabilising and steady improvement more than going out on a limb.

From the point of view of ITFC back in the headlines making history in a good way though - great! and of course Gamechanger would love that. Unless it all went tits up, obvs ...

Agree in general but any club appointing a new manager could likely say that it wasn't the best moment to take risks since the very existence of a vacancy is almost always contingent on recent failure.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Emma Hayes on 15:28 - Dec 7 with 896 viewsRyorry

Emma Hayes on 15:25 - Dec 7 by monty_radio

Agree in general but any club appointing a new manager could likely say that it wasn't the best moment to take risks since the very existence of a vacancy is almost always contingent on recent failure.

Whilst that's true, our particular problem is that our failure isn't just recent - it goes back literally years, unfortunately.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Emma Hayes on 15:35 - Dec 7 with 867 viewsBiGDonnie

This would get a hard no from me. Nothing against a woman managing a male team, but I'd rather we're not the first ones to go down that route.

Regardless of her success in the womans game, I just can't see her replicating with a male team.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Emma Hayes on 15:39 - Dec 7 with 830 viewsmonty_radio

Emma Hayes on 15:35 - Dec 7 by BiGDonnie

This would get a hard no from me. Nothing against a woman managing a male team, but I'd rather we're not the first ones to go down that route.

Regardless of her success in the womans game, I just can't see her replicating with a male team.

Actually I wonder if a bigger issue for her might be that hardened professionals might dwell on the fact that she never played the game to any level just as some of our senior players were said to have reacted to Hurst.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

No chance. on 15:40 - Dec 7 with 825 viewsmrfixit426

No chance. on 15:23 - Dec 7 by wkj

Managing in L1 may well not be a step up. Im sure managers for top teams in the Women's game get a much larger salary than most L1 managers do.

This. And more exposure.
No chance. on 15:53 - Dec 7 with 781 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

No chance. on 15:21 - Dec 7 by DavoIPB

Agreed, but that was her view when linked with MK Dons I think.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Emma Hayes on 15:55 - Dec 7 with 775 viewsPrice_1991

I have absolutely no issue with us appointing a female manager as long as they have the right coaching qualifications and can fulfil the role to the highest standard possible
Emma Hayes on 15:55 - Dec 7 with 771 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Emma Hayes on 15:05 - Dec 7 by J2BLUE

I think Ashton was asked about it and he said he wouldn't have a problem with it.

Not sure anyone said they would love to as if it's an actual goal of theirs.

Yeah, he'd be in all sorts of trouble if he said no way.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Emma Hayes on 16:00 - Dec 7 with 746 viewshype313

Why not? Some of the best CEO's in business are woman in a male dominated world.

Ludicrous she couldn't do or even better her male counterpart in football management.

FWIW I doubt she would be interested, due to the fact that woman's game is growing at a rate and why would you leave a club at the summit, to a 3rd tier club.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Emma Hayes on 16:01 - Dec 7 with 741 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Emma Hayes on 15:19 - Dec 7 by Parsley

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/johnson-keen-on-hiring-female-coach-80

Seems to me he's talking about women's football and/or a female coach in general. I don't think he's talking about the next manager of ITFC!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Emma Hayes (n/t) on 16:03 - Dec 7 with 730 viewsLester_Freamon

Emma Hayes on 16:11 - Dec 7 with 696 viewsKropotkin123

Emma Hayes on 14:44 - Dec 7 by J2BLUE

They can appoint Barney the purple dinosaur for all I care as long as we get promoted.

I can see it now

"I love Town,
Town loves me,
Not like Norwich families.
With a great big crowd,
And a score of three to two,
I support the Ipswich too."

Lazy, I know, but I'm on the morning commute, so you can't expect any better.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Emma Hayes on 16:16 - Dec 7 with 674 viewsdusseldorf_blue

Hard no, play on words 😉
Emma Hayes on 16:18 - Dec 7 with 664 viewsHARRY10

There's a few good reasons, not least she would have to be outside of the changing room so much.

It maybe OK to manage what is little more than a 'dog chasing a ball on the beach' standard of football, but I am not sure if it would work in the proper game.

And there's a good reason women do not play against the men, even in unofficial matches. They would get mullered, and it would bring the whole idiocy crashing down around their ears.

Play golf, tennis, swimming, track events etc and allowing for the discrepancy in weight they can compete with men. But somehow the female body is not suited to football.
Emma Hayes on 16:24 - Dec 7 with 630 viewsKropotkin123

Emma Hayes on 16:18 - Dec 7 by HARRY10

There's a few good reasons, not least she would have to be outside of the changing room so much.

It maybe OK to manage what is little more than a 'dog chasing a ball on the beach' standard of football, but I am not sure if it would work in the proper game.

And there's a good reason women do not play against the men, even in unofficial matches. They would get mullered, and it would bring the whole idiocy crashing down around their ears.

Play golf, tennis, swimming, track events etc and allowing for the discrepancy in weight they can compete with men. But somehow the female body is not suited to football.

She not playing, she's a manager. What are you on about?

And for the record, in Tennis, Amélie Mauresmo was Lucas Pouille's coach. And, in swimming, Mel Marshall coached world record holder Adam Peaty...
[Post edited 7 Dec 2021 16:30]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Emma Hayes on 16:35 - Dec 7 with 606 viewsWacko

Emma Hayes on 16:00 - Dec 7 by hype313

Why not? Some of the best CEO's in business are woman in a male dominated world.

Ludicrous she couldn't do or even better her male counterpart in football management.

FWIW I doubt she would be interested, due to the fact that woman's game is growing at a rate and why would you leave a club at the summit, to a 3rd tier club.

Town's average attendance is 10 times that of Chelsea Womens - I'm sorry but it's complete nonsense that Town would be a step down

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Emma Hayes on 16:38 - Dec 7 with 601 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Emma Hayes on 15:03 - Dec 7 by footers

Marshalls Mullet is *very* interested in women's football and other sports. Especially disparaging it for some odd reason.

Lol.

Utter nonsense.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Emma Hayes on 16:40 - Dec 7 with 595 viewsnoggin

That's fine if Keno can do the next post match changing room talk for her women's team.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

No chance. on 16:47 - Dec 7 with 577 viewsDavoIPB

No chance. on 15:23 - Dec 7 by wkj

I think you would be surprised. The players certainly get a higher salary in league 1 than the women in the wsl. Paul Cook could have been on a comparable salary. Certainly championship managers and players are on a much higher average salary than the wsl. Plus average crowds are higher in league 1 than the wsl.
Emma Hayes on 16:50 - Dec 7 with 573 viewsTrumptonBlue

Clermont had a female coach (Corinne Diacre) for three seasons in Ligue 2. It went fine. Nothing spectacular, but fine. She's now in charge of the French women's national team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024