Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled 12:49 - Jan 10 with 5585 viewsitfcjoe

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 12:50 - Jan 10 with 3389 viewsMetal_Hacker

Sounds like serious arm twisting now

Poll: If it were one or the other

Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 12:50 - Jan 10 with 3379 viewsElderGrizzly

Assume to just force the hand of any suitors as Walton isn’t going to be happy as a No.3
Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 12:51 - Jan 10 with 3323 viewsOsborneOneNil

Not ideal........
Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 12:52 - Jan 10 with 3327 viewsPhilTWTD

Still at Town and nothing's changed or expected to with any imminence, I'm told.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 12:53 - Jan 10 with 3225 viewsVic

Going back to be number 3? I don’t think he’ll be happy with that - and is really bad news for us. I can’t believe that this will be the end of the matter. How much does a 3rd choice prem keeper cost these days? I reckon we’ll find the reddies.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 12:55 - Jan 10 with 3193 viewsPhilTWTD

Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 12:53 - Jan 10 by Vic

Going back to be number 3? I don’t think he’ll be happy with that - and is really bad news for us. I can’t believe that this will be the end of the matter. How much does a 3rd choice prem keeper cost these days? I reckon we’ll find the reddies.

Even if he does go back, which may or may not happen, he can still come back here again if a deal can be agreed.
Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 12:55 - Jan 10 with 3186 viewsZx1988

Given that Phil tends to be pretty accurate with these things, it seems odd for The Athletic to post information that seems to be so wide of the mark.

Don't they generally pride/sell themselves on the accuracy of their information?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 12:55 - Jan 10 with 3146 viewshoppy

I think the key line in that is "unless a suitable bid arises in January".

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 12:56 - Jan 10 with 3127 viewsTrequartista

Clickbait. Doesn’t say he has been recalled at all.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 12:57 - Jan 10 with 3101 viewsElderGrizzly

Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 12:55 - Jan 10 by Zx1988

Given that Phil tends to be pretty accurate with these things, it seems odd for The Athletic to post information that seems to be so wide of the mark.

Don't they generally pride/sell themselves on the accuracy of their information?

Maybe selling out to the New York Times did for that?
Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 12:57 - Jan 10 with 3073 viewspointofblue

Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 12:55 - Jan 10 by hoppy

Yes, sounds like Brighton will leave it late to recall him but are doing it as a threat towards Town. Buy him or else.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 13:00 - Jan 10 with 3004 viewsZx1988

Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 12:55 - Jan 10 by hoppy

Good spot.

That seems to be Theresa May levels of negotiation going on there:

"Buy him now, or we'll take him back and lose him on a free in the summer instead".

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 13:03 - Jan 10 with 2957 viewsPhilTWTD

Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 12:55 - Jan 10 by Zx1988

It's not the first time it's been reported that they're weighing-up recalling him. As others have said, probably just trying to focus Town minds and ultimately could happen, of course.

Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 13:03 - Jan 10 with 2936 viewshomer_123

Hmm, not like you Joe.

Clearly states that he'll be recalled 'unless a suitable bid arises'.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 13:09 - Jan 10 with 2783 viewsChrisd

Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 13:03 - Jan 10 by PhilTWTD

It's not the first time it's been reported that they're weighing-up recalling him. As others have said, probably just trying to focus Town minds and ultimately could happen, of course.

Would like to think it will happen, it makes such a huge difference having someone as reliable and dependable as him as our last line of defence. If we don't do any other busy this transfer window I'd like to see Walton sign here permanently.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 13:11 - Jan 10 with 2724 viewsjayessess

The "recalled as third choice" thing just screams that they've got no significant interest from elsewhere and it's a case of "give us more money or we'll have him sit in our reserves until his contract expires".

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 13:15 - Jan 10 with 2634 viewsHipsterectomy

I did see that QPRs keeper was injured at the weekend

And going from this thread they have a keeper crisis

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/280866/keeper-cri

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 13:16 - Jan 10 with 2597 viewsPhilTWTD

Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 13:09 - Jan 10 by Chrisd

Would like to think it will happen, it makes such a huge difference having someone as reliable and dependable as him as our last line of defence. If we don't do any other busy this transfer window I'd like to see Walton sign here permanently.

Definitely the best keeper we've had since Bart, potentially even better I'd say.
Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 13:24 - Jan 10 with 2436 viewsjayessess

Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 13:15 - Jan 10 by Hipsterectomy

I did see that QPRs keeper was injured at the weekend

And going from this thread they have a keeper crisis

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/280866/keeper-cri

Brighton's problem is that any offer they get for Walton in the Champ is either going to be teams that need a bit of cover, which will be unappealing to Walton, or teams near the bottom, who have no money.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2022 13:24]

Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 13:37 - Jan 10 with 2259 viewsBlueyandCrazy

its a case of bluff and who blinks first.

interesting thing will be as to whether Ashton calls their bluff by letting them recall him, sticking to his price throughout January.

Best case for Brighton is extracting a higher offer from a Championship side we may be forced to match.

Not sure whether Walton will be interested in a Championship move unless he thinks there is a good chance of being first choice.

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 13:38 - Jan 10 with 2260 viewsIwasthere

Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 13:11 - Jan 10 by jayessess

The "recalled as third choice" thing just screams that they've got no significant interest from elsewhere and it's a case of "give us more money or we'll have him sit in our reserves until his contract expires".

I don't see any sense in that as presumably we are paying part of his salary..Also Walton can refuse to be transferred even if Brighton agree a fee with another club. I think the key to this is what kind of a deal Walton would sign up to i.e, length and wages, remembering that he is currently on a premiership deal.
Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 13:44 - Jan 10 with 2150 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Surely its all a bluff to get us to bid or up our bid? Why are Brighton in need of a 3rd choice back up in Walton's quality (yes I know not quite prem quality) when they have youth players. They want to cash in on him. For some reason im confident we'll get it done.
Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 13:46 - Jan 10 with 2116 viewsPinewoodblue

Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 13:03 - Jan 10 by homer_123

Hmm, not like you Joe.

Clearly states that he'll be recalled 'unless a suitable bid arises'.

He will also be recalled if a suitable bid comes in from another club. Strange negotiating tactics by Brighton assuming we have made some sort of offer.

Unless it is a way of reminding other clubs they are open to offers.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 13:54 - Jan 10 with 1962 viewsjayessess

Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 13:38 - Jan 10 by Iwasthere

I don't see any sense in that as presumably we are paying part of his salary..Also Walton can refuse to be transferred even if Brighton agree a fee with another club. I think the key to this is what kind of a deal Walton would sign up to i.e, length and wages, remembering that he is currently on a premiership deal.

It'll be a bluff, but a bluff they're ultimately wealthy enough to take the hit on if it doesn't work out.

Walton still being on a PL reserve keeper's contract for 6 more months is probably less significant than what numbers his agent is hearing for a Summer free transfer, you'd have thought.

Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 13:58 - Jan 10 with 1902 viewstractorboy1978

Brighton local reporter saying Walton has been recalled on 13:46 - Jan 10 by Pinewoodblue

He will also be recalled if a suitable bid comes in from another club. Strange negotiating tactics by Brighton assuming we have made some sort of offer.

Unless it is a way of reminding other clubs they are open to offers.

If there was another club interested, we would be hearing all about it by now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024