Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McKenna and Ashton podcast 10:44 - Feb 15 with 9812 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

Just listened to this on EADT website. Totally impressed. No doubt in my mind that finally after 20 years of decline we are on the way up. McKenna so articulate, What a difference from the last few years.
McKenna and Ashton podcast on 16:29 - Feb 15 with 2269 viewsbobbyramsey

An excellent listen.....
McKenna and Ashton podcast on 16:43 - Feb 15 with 2213 viewsITFC_Esquire

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 14:02 - Feb 15 by FightingEssex

Yeah those awful northerners and Scots with their working class ways of speaking, it was because they weren’t articulate enough which is why the club didn’t do well and not the meagre investment and the fact the footballers we were willing to pay for were sh1t…

Articulation means promotion clearly. …

Being articulate is About as relevant to results, progress and league standings as away attendance and possession stats. We’ve become so desperate that there’s a whole new bunch of straws we’re clutching to cover for the fact the season has been an unmistakable disaster.

What a sad little man

Poll: What’s your ‘Away Priority Points Balance’?

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 17:17 - Feb 15 with 2149 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 15:04 - Feb 15 by NthQldITFC

Corporate-speak really gets on my nerves too, but I genuinely don't get that from Ashton at all. Sure, he's very positive and upbeat in the way he talks, but it's becoming pretty clear that there are very good reasons to think this club has the backing and capacity to really move up now, so I think his attitude really reflects that.

Are you sure it's not just the beard!?

Ha.

The constant reference to the long hours and how busy he is.

Labelling every review as data analytics.

I did sigh when he said he provides the bubble that gives KM the oxygen to breath.

Like I said, I like a lot of what he has to say, just not the delivery.

KM on the other hand comes across very well.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 19:53 - Feb 15 with 2011 viewsBlueBadger

Yeah those awful northerners and Scots with their working class ways of speaking, it was because they weren’t articulate enough which is why the club didn’t do well and not the meagre investment and the fact the footballers we were willing to pay for were sh1t…

Being articulate is About as relevant to results, progress and league standings as away attendance and possession stats. We’ve become so desperate that there’s a whole new bunch of straws we’re clutching to cover for the fact the season has been an unmistakable disaster.

State of this.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 22:10 - Feb 15 with 1882 viewsBlueForYou

The supertanker is beginning to turn..!!
McKenna and Ashton podcast on 00:18 - Feb 16 with 1771 viewstextbackup

Such a good listen.
Honesty, open, insightful.

Feel really confident that we are in very safe hands with these guys here.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 07:11 - Feb 16 with 1658 viewsPioneerBlue

I’m very impressed with Game Changer 20, MoL, MA and what is happening around the club, now finally the first team coaching and players are beginning to deliver on the promise. Finishing strongly this season sets the summer up nicely, however this season pans out.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 07:25 - Feb 16 with 1638 viewsFrimleyBlue

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 07:11 - Feb 16 by PioneerBlue

I’m very impressed with Game Changer 20, MoL, MA and what is happening around the club, now finally the first team coaching and players are beginning to deliver on the promise. Finishing strongly this season sets the summer up nicely, however this season pans out.

It sounds really positive. My only concern is how much financially this change really is going to cost and if on the pitch it doesn't progress up the leagues.. what becomes of us in a few seasons.

It sounds like the owners etc and fully behind transforming the club to what it needs to be but surely there's a limit in there to what they will spend against the league we are in.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 08:21 - Feb 16 with 1586 viewsChurchman

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 07:25 - Feb 16 by FrimleyBlue

It sounds really positive. My only concern is how much financially this change really is going to cost and if on the pitch it doesn't progress up the leagues.. what becomes of us in a few seasons.

It sounds like the owners etc and fully behind transforming the club to what it needs to be but surely there's a limit in there to what they will spend against the league we are in.

It’s a bit chicken and egg as far as I’m concerned. Without development off the field, it is hard for the team to develop on it. It’s about putting building blocks in place.

If this is done right - training and football ground, community/external activities, recruitment and fitness structures etc, success on the field will come. This view may be flawed because football is such a peculiar business, but I don’t think it is.

In the interview, Ashton was very clear on how run down the club was. That may be him spinning things a bit, but his view is backed by O’Leary and you only had to walk around the stadium or listen to Alan Lee/Kieron Dyer’s interviews to know it’s true. Assuming the talk is for real, the rebuilding of the club will be very exciting over the next few years.
McKenna and Ashton podcast on 08:24 - Feb 16 with 1572 viewsDubtractor

That's a fair concern, though whilst we still have a feel good factor around the place (7k at MK!!) then the additional crowds at home will at least add a bit to the coffers to help this. I haven't done a comparison, but I'd guess we're several thousand up on recent seasons for attendances. If we've 3k up on average, then that's probably about £2m extra in the coffers.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 08:31 - Feb 16 with 1549 viewsCoastalblue

My main concern since the takeover has been where the money is coming from and how soon/how much return is required.

However, the willingness to invest what must be huge sums on infrastructure is actually reassuring for me. If they want a quick return then the obvious way is to throw cash at it and try to bump us up a couple of leagues to resell, instead the seem to be putting a structure in place that is probably bigger in scope than most Championship clubs.

Hopefully this means that an eventual promotion to the Prem would just be another step in natural progression and not a scrambled attempt to install structure and find bodies that might or might not help us stay there.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 08:57 - Feb 16 with 1481 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

It's a great listen. I feel like if we don't progress with these guys we might as well give up and close the club down. We've tried everything else.

Don't think anyone's mentioned it in the thread - but I was astonished to hear they had 450 names on their list when looking for a new manager. That's a crazy amount!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 09:50 - Feb 16 with 1403 viewsMalcolmBlue

God bless America

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 09:58 - Feb 16 with 1377 viewscarlisleaway

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 08:57 - Feb 16 by The_Flashing_Smile

It's a great listen. I feel like if we don't progress with these guys we might as well give up and close the club down. We've tried everything else.

Don't think anyone's mentioned it in the thread - but I was astonished to hear they had 450 names on their list when looking for a new manager. That's a crazy amount!

What a brilliant listen, how can you not support the present set up. We may miss out this year but looking ahead with a couple of new players we are only going one way. Hopefully the fans will back this up by buying season tickets in the close season.
McKenna and Ashton podcast on 10:12 - Feb 16 with 1332 viewsOldFart71

Have absolutely bought into the new regime. It does seem the first time in many, many years that the cloud that has hung over PR is lifting. Won't be all at once of course and both men pointed out how run down everything is. We as supporters knew this. Because when the headlines are " The turnstiles are being painted" you know your in trouble. Obviously the little things that are being done to make the Stadium more appealing are a now thing. I do believe that the intention will be to make PR into a Stadium capable of 40-45,000. If Town can get 29,000 in Division One, why not ? We had 36,000 against Leeds when in truth PR was really only capable of high 20's. Before someone say's " That was in the old days" before Elf and safety came in. Yes it was. But now PR is capable of a tad over 30,000 and with the redevelopment of The Cobbold no reason for the Stadium to not hold at least upper 30's. Which stand would Norwich then decide Aviva should have a stake in ?
McKenna and Ashton podcast on 10:22 - Feb 16 with 1312 viewsOsborneOneNil

New/latest board bell-end

Congratulations.
McKenna and Ashton podcast on 10:30 - Feb 16 with 1288 viewsSkip_Intro

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Einstein
McKenna and Ashton podcast on 11:15 - Feb 16 with 1240 viewsDyland

So positive. Makes me want to get a job at Town. I'm used to the corporate US culture to boot :)

Not much more can be done really. Of course things change very quickly and things can always go tits up. Such a shame we were so sh1tly inconsistent first half of the season. Can still do it of course but so frustrating.

Come on Town, pleeeease....

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 12:48 - Feb 16 with 1185 viewsBlueBadger

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 10:22 - Feb 16 by OsborneOneNil

New/latest board bell-end

Congratulations.

Pretty sure that this is a returning one.

Possibly the fella who outed himself as a Norwich fan last time round.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 12:49 - Feb 16 with 1183 viewsloves_to_spooge

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 12:08 - Feb 15 by Battersea_Blue

Superb podcast. Some good questions too, put over in the right way.

We really are in good hands, both off and on the pitch. I met McKenna briefly at the AGM, came across really well. He's still learning aspects of the job, particularly the media side, but I must say he's really impressive. Comes across so well. Articulate, knowledgeable and can see he really means it when he says the support he's getting from the fanbase is "humbling".

They talk in the podcast about the recent dinner with a whole range of ex players. Firstly, what a great thing to organise, something that would never happen in the previous regime. Ashton and McKenna embracing those players who are part of our fantastic history is absolutely the right thing to do. Knowing most of the ex players who attended that dinner is even more inspiring as their feedback was so positive. Credit to the club for organising events like this, it really does bring everyone together.

I really feel we're going somewhere - again - finally.

Did lambert not do all this stuff under the old regime when he first joined? Having ex players around the club and at training sessions and stuff?
McKenna and Ashton podcast on 12:53 - Feb 16 with 1164 viewsOsborneOneNil

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 12:48 - Feb 16 by BlueBadger

Pretty sure that this is a returning one.

Possibly the fella who outed himself as a Norwich fan last time round.

Ahhh I see.

Simple things, simple minds.
McKenna and Ashton podcast on 13:30 - Feb 16 with 1128 viewsitfcjoe

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 12:49 - Feb 16 by loves_to_spooge

Did lambert not do all this stuff under the old regime when he first joined? Having ex players around the club and at training sessions and stuff?

I spoke to one of the ex players that went, and he said under Lambert was just a cup of coffee which was nice but that this was a full on sit down meal with players of all generations and first time that has happened to him (and he is a club legend)

Not sure full guest list but know it was Mills, Wark, Butcher, Osman, Holland, Lee, Bent, Ambrose - think a couple more

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 14:10 - Feb 16 with 1071 viewsdirtyboy

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 13:30 - Feb 16 by itfcjoe

I spoke to one of the ex players that went, and he said under Lambert was just a cup of coffee which was nice but that this was a full on sit down meal with players of all generations and first time that has happened to him (and he is a club legend)

Not sure full guest list but know it was Mills, Wark, Butcher, Osman, Holland, Lee, Bent, Ambrose - think a couple more

All managers will have their faults (all people do) but even those who fail will have some good qualities that can be learnt from and always improved upon.

Lambert doing 'something' with ex-players was not only good PR, but because it was so well received, the current set up have done well to learn from it and improve on it.

All about learning and progressing.

For all of Ashton's corporate speak (which is why the American's love him) he does appear to pick up on good things and run with them and communications are so important and he does do that well, as evidenced by this podcast with McKenna.

What's so refreshing is there appears to be such honesty about all facets of the club from Ashton and McKenna and that stops the conjecture that invariably occurs from half a story.

Maybe McKenna is green and will stop being so open, but I hope he retains it.
McKenna and Ashton podcast on 14:12 - Feb 16 with 1067 viewsBattersea_Blue

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 13:30 - Feb 16 by itfcjoe

That's spot on Joe . . .

I know a few others that went, Milts was one . .
McKenna and Ashton podcast on 21:49 - Feb 16 with 898 viewsBlueBadger

McKenna and Ashton podcast on 14:18 - Feb 15 by Fixed_It

You are becoming a poor tribute act of that Elephant bloke. Fancy aspiring to be like him?! Jeez!

Mate, its not even that high an aspiration. I think it's trying to be a definitely-not-a-budgie HaynesToe tribute act.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024