Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like Simpson is leaving then 14:47 - Apr 21 with 6986 viewstractordownsouth

At least 2 strikers must be incoming.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2022 14:47]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Looks like Simpson is leaving then on 14:55 - Apr 21 with 3541 viewspointofblue

Disappointing to see another young player out of the door. Wonder whether it would have been different had he been given first team chances after returning from Swindon.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Looks like Simpson is leaving then on 14:56 - Apr 21 with 3538 viewsParisBlue

Kundai Benyu is the podcast interview I'd like to see.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Looks like Simpson is leaving then on 14:57 - Apr 21 with 3536 viewsSitfcB

Looks like Simpson is leaving then on 14:55 - Apr 21 by pointofblue

Disappointing to see another young player out of the door. Wonder whether it would have been different had he been given first team chances after returning from Swindon.

Didn’t want to sign a new deal then either.

Poorly advised? Maybe.

Hope he flops.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Looks like Simpson is leaving then on 14:58 - Apr 21 with 3521 viewsKieran_Knows

2 strikers would've been incoming anyway, I would've imagined.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Looks like Simpson is leaving then on 15:02 - Apr 21 with 3488 viewsmarchy

Depends if someone wants to pay up for him, presumably. Ashton seems smarter than to be ruled by what appears to be either someone being puppeteered by their agent or simply a stroppy child. He's shown himself to have talent and we've invested in his development, so it wouldn't seem wise to let him just walk.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2022 15:02]
Looks like Simpson is leaving then on 15:31 - Apr 21 with 3355 viewsjayessess

Bit of a peculiar episode all round really. Realistically, there's only 2 likely destinations - the U23s of a similar sized club or the first team of a smaller one. Difficult to see how either advances his career (or that he's going to get much of a wage bump after a fee has been paid).

Maybe he's just desperate for a change of scenery?
Either way, not ideal to lose young players like this two Summers in a row. Wonder how competitive our academy wage structure is...

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Looks like Simpson is leaving then on 15:41 - Apr 21 with 3292 viewsArnieM

Who is Simpson?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Looks like Simpson is leaving then on 15:43 - Apr 21 with 3274 viewscressi

Looks like Simpson is leaving then on 15:31 - Apr 21 by jayessess

Bit of a peculiar episode all round really. Realistically, there's only 2 likely destinations - the U23s of a similar sized club or the first team of a smaller one. Difficult to see how either advances his career (or that he's going to get much of a wage bump after a fee has been paid).

Maybe he's just desperate for a change of scenery?
Either way, not ideal to lose young players like this two Summers in a row. Wonder how competitive our academy wage structure is...

Not just money wage structure we want to go up.
I imagine the experienced strikers here won't be starting in the first 11 with what Town want to bring in I'm not overly worried when I have seen the youngsters play he has not been a stand out like Baggott, Amin and Humpreys and the lad who got lots of goals
Login to get fewer ads

Looks like Simpson is leaving then on 15:47 - Apr 21 with 3224 viewsElderGrizzly

Looks like Simpson is leaving then on 14:58 - Apr 21 by Kieran_Knows

2 strikers would've been incoming anyway, I would've imagined.

Indeed. Imagine we will only see Jackson here from the current 4 when the season starts.
Looks like Simpson is leaving then on 15:50 - Apr 21 with 3206 viewsclive_baker

Feck him.

Trigger his contract extension and flog him to the highest bidder.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2022 15:51]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Looks like Simpson is leaving then on 15:51 - Apr 21 with 3184 viewsOldFart71

Doh.
Looks like Simpson is leaving then on 15:52 - Apr 21 with 3174 viewsfooters

Looks like Simpson is leaving then on 15:50 - Apr 21 by clive_baker

Feck him.

Trigger his contract extension and flog him to the highest bidder.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2022 15:51]

No Simpson, no party.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Looks like Simpson is leaving then on 16:02 - Apr 21 with 3115 viewsjayessess

Looks like Simpson is leaving then on 15:43 - Apr 21 by cressi

Not just money wage structure we want to go up.
I imagine the experienced strikers here won't be starting in the first 11 with what Town want to bring in I'm not overly worried when I have seen the youngsters play he has not been a stand out like Baggott, Amin and Humpreys and the lad who got lots of goals

I'm not sure it makes a lot of sense even without the money.
If he signs for a similar-sized club to us he won't play there either. If he stays here and isn't in our first team plans, we'll presumably loan him out to the highest status club who'd play him.

No real benefit to either option in terms of opportunities to play football.

(Tawanda Chirewa is the player you're thinking of I think?)
[Post edited 21 Apr 2022 16:05]

Looks like Simpson is leaving then on 16:05 - Apr 21 with 3089 viewsN2_Blue

Simpson can fk off, Comes across as a knob and i was a real fan of his.

Why would you want to move on from a club on the up that is looking for strikers and may have got a chance in the last few games of the season if he had shown the right attitude and said i want to be part of the squad next year.

Attitudes like this feck me off, bin him off now. I cannot wish him luck and genuinely hope he regrets this decision big time in a few years. I know his agent may be advising him but he is a grown man and can also make his own decisions etc.

If he's got carried away scoring 9 goals in a division that makes Sears and Drinan look like prolific strikers he's a fool.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Looks like Simpson is leaving then on 16:10 - Apr 21 with 3056 viewsjayessess

Looks like Simpson is leaving then on 16:05 - Apr 21 by N2_Blue

Simpson can fk off, Comes across as a knob and i was a real fan of his.

Why would you want to move on from a club on the up that is looking for strikers and may have got a chance in the last few games of the season if he had shown the right attitude and said i want to be part of the squad next year.

Attitudes like this feck me off, bin him off now. I cannot wish him luck and genuinely hope he regrets this decision big time in a few years. I know his agent may be advising him but he is a grown man and can also make his own decisions etc.

If he's got carried away scoring 9 goals in a division that makes Sears and Drinan look like prolific strikers he's a fool.

Either way it's no use getting angry about this stuff. We don't know what's gone on and it's his life, his career. Ultimately, we'll pick up whatever he's worth when we sell him. That's that.

If he'd been rubbish, we'd not have hesitated for a second to bin him off and that cuts both ways.

Looks like Simpson is leaving then on 16:14 - Apr 21 with 3028 viewslazyblue

It’s been obvious as soon as he returned he wanted to move on
Looks like Simpson is leaving then on 16:19 - Apr 21 with 2993 viewsLeoMuff

Heads been turned by £££ and agent, seems like really poor advice. Staying might have paid a bit less but league 1 is the perfect next step for him and if he is good enough he will get games.

No way he should have got a first team opportunity here when refusing to sign a contract, sends completely the wrong message, and leaving after 20 loan games at 19 when we have developed him and given him a chance is poor, Sometimes football sucks.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Looks like Simpson is leaving then (n/t) on 16:22 - Apr 21 with 2979 viewsN2_Blue

Looks like Simpson is leaving then on 16:10 - Apr 21 by jayessess

Either way it's no use getting angry about this stuff. We don't know what's gone on and it's his life, his career. Ultimately, we'll pick up whatever he's worth when we sell him. That's that.

If he'd been rubbish, we'd not have hesitated for a second to bin him off and that cuts both ways.

Who's angry.

Just saying what i think of Simpson, but not angry at all. Don't think Town will will worry about it or regret what happens with him, but i have a feeling Simpson may well do one day.

We'll do far better and get proven strikers, but he may well have been useful to have on the books and as back up. His loss more than ours, just disappointed and surprised in his attitude from someone who was meant to be grounded.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2022 16:25]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Looks like Simpson is leaving then on 16:29 - Apr 21 with 2942 viewsDarth_Koont

I think we need to accept that this may well be the best choice for him in the short term and for his career too. Simpson will likely get more chances to play and a better salary elsewhere. Which means a better chance to. Get noticed and move even further up the wage scale.

Obviously, it’s great that we’ve got new investment and are attracting a higher calibre of player. But there’s no doubt that means fewer chances for younger players – especially if we get promoted and the bar is raised even higher.

Still, a real shame from the fans’ perspective. Would have been great if we saw more players develop and grow with the team. But I think that’s going to be restricted to one or two standout players every year or couple of years who can really match the intended trajectory of the club. Still have high hopes for Humphreys on that score who looks to be a fantastic player for his age.

Pronouns: He/Him

Looks like Simpson is leaving then on 16:33 - Apr 21 with 2926 viewsJ2BLUE

Let's see where he ends up. He may well be expecting to go back to league two and be a first team player. Everyone is criticising him for something he hasn't done yet.

If he just wants to play then good luck to him. If he hadn't been very good for the last few years and we were releasing him how much sympathy would the fans have? It's a two way street.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Looks like Simpson is leaving then on 16:34 - Apr 21 with 2922 viewsJimmy86

Let him go then... we don't want or need to keep players at this club who don't want to be here... with all due respect he's done sweet FA at Ipswich.. he had a good loan spell at a club in the division below and has now got Billy big balls... seems he has ideas of grandeur, whether that be agent led or not...

Dyer spoke about a pathway for him, why would the club arrange a pathway for someone who is holding the club to ransome, over 1 decent half-season loan spell... glad the club are not being walked over with this
Looks like Simpson is leaving then on 16:42 - Apr 21 with 2895 viewsitfcjoe

A real shame and feels as though he's being badly advised, although he might well point to the fact there isn't a great pathway for him here as we'll play one up front and have at least 3 senior (and no doubt expensively contracted) players for his position next season

He's not ina particularly strong position to negotiate an exit from as we have an option, and compo due even after that so that's where the badly advised comes from.

Anyway, good luck to him - we move on

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Looks like Simpson is leaving then (n/t) on 16:50 - Apr 21 with 2839 viewsjayessess

Looks like Simpson is leaving then (n/t) on 16:22 - Apr 21 by N2_Blue

Who's angry.

Just saying what i think of Simpson, but not angry at all. Don't think Town will will worry about it or regret what happens with him, but i have a feeling Simpson may well do one day.

We'll do far better and get proven strikers, but he may well have been useful to have on the books and as back up. His loss more than ours, just disappointed and surprised in his attitude from someone who was meant to be grounded.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2022 16:25]

Your post started "Simpson can fck off" so you can see where I might have got that impression...

Looks like Simpson is leaving then on 16:57 - Apr 21 with 2798 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Seems so strange for him to say he wants to leave when we have an option for another year and we can just keep him here and play not even reserve football. Smacks of an agent who has seen the lights.

Such a shame as looked full of potential.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Looks like Simpson is leaving then on 16:57 - Apr 21 with 2795 viewsjayessess

Looks like Simpson is leaving then on 16:33 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

Let's see where he ends up. He may well be expecting to go back to league two and be a first team player. Everyone is criticising him for something he hasn't done yet.

If he just wants to play then good luck to him. If he hadn't been very good for the last few years and we were releasing him how much sympathy would the fans have? It's a two way street.

If he just wants to play he could've signed a new contract at ITFC and probably had his pick of loan clubs in L2 and probably a fair few in L1. Sincerely doubt that his agent has been advising him to permanently move down the football league for playing opportunities.

Far more likely that the agent has sounded out a smidgeon of interest in clubs in the division above.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024