Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The fallout is beginning from Paris 10:14 - May 30 with 6749 viewsbluelagos

Interesting sat in Paris about to board the Eurostar home. Chatting to a French passenger who has told me there is increasing pressure in France to investigate the organisation and policing of Saturdays match.

There is an acceptance that the Uefa lies and those of some French politicians was untruthful and that many innocent people were assaulted by violent police.

Those who chose to tarnish the fans, who go for the "why always LFC?" type comments are increasingly looking like the pathetic prejudiced morons they are. Still, if the cap fits...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 10:24 - May 30 with 4098 viewsBlueBadger

Interesting that one or two of the people supporting Rangers fans 'defending themselves' by flinging furniture about were very quick to come down on Liverpool supporters.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 11:05 - May 30 with 3926 viewsJ2BLUE

French police should be more worried about their own fans judging by last night.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 11:07 - May 30 with 3921 viewsbluelagos

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 11:05 - May 30 by J2BLUE

French police should be more worried about their own fans judging by last night.

The St E match? Anyone fancy giving a quick summary? Saw some pics on TV but didn't understand much.

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 11:09 - May 30 with 3894 viewsJ2BLUE

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 11:07 - May 30 by bluelagos

The St E match? Anyone fancy giving a quick summary? Saw some pics on TV but didn't understand much.

Auxerre won on penalties. There was an immediate pitch invasion with St Etienne fans throwing flares with clear intent at the dugouts and tunnel.

Truly impaired.

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 11:10 - May 30 with 3870 viewsmonytowbray

Mainland has a bigger issue with football hooliganism at a club level. Always has.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 11:11 - May 30 with 3875 viewsbluelagos

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 11:13 - May 30 with 3821 viewsbluelagos

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 11:09 - May 30 by J2BLUE

Auxerre won on penalties. There was an immediate pitch invasion with St Etienne fans throwing flares with clear intent at the dugouts and tunnel.

Thx. Vid not working (for me) so will watch later.

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 11:19 - May 30 with 3788 viewsBobbychase

And this Twitter post suggests the "It's Never Their Fault" brigade should realise some shady stuff was happening to Madrid fans as well

I went to Stade de France during World Cup 1998. The area around the stadium was fine by day but sketchy after dark.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Login to get fewer ads

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 11:34 - May 30 with 3665 viewsmylittletown

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 11:19 - May 30 by Bobbychase

And this Twitter post suggests the "It's Never Their Fault" brigade should realise some shady stuff was happening to Madrid fans as well

I went to Stade de France during World Cup 1998. The area around the stadium was fine by day but sketchy after dark.

Yes, I was at Scotland vs Brazil in 1998, and I have been there a couple of times since.
A big but not especially nice ground in an area which is a bit rough and gets really unpleasant after dark.
The fallout is beginning from Paris on 11:38 - May 30 with 3631 viewsbluelagos

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 11:34 - May 30 by mylittletown

Yes, I was at Scotland vs Brazil in 1998, and I have been there a couple of times since.
A big but not especially nice ground in an area which is a bit rough and gets really unpleasant after dark.

The opener right? Met some Scotland fans later in the tournament who were in the pub when Collymore hit UJ. They told me how he was given a genuine kicking.

That was before the Brazil game if my memory is right.

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 11:41 - May 30 with 3608 viewsGlasgowBlue

I can’t understand how anyone seeing the footage of the police spraying kids with tear gas can possible come to the conclusion that the Liverpool fans were at fault.

As somebody who believed the official line for many years that ticketless fans were a contributing factor in the Hillsborough, I think Liverpool fans should always be given the benefit of doubt until the full story emerges.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 11:43 - May 30 with 3577 viewsblueasfook

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 11:41 - May 30 by GlasgowBlue

I can’t understand how anyone seeing the footage of the police spraying kids with tear gas can possible come to the conclusion that the Liverpool fans were at fault.

As somebody who believed the official line for many years that ticketless fans were a contributing factor in the Hillsborough, I think Liverpool fans should always be given the benefit of doubt until the full story emerges.

Even world class virtue signaller Gary Lineker was saying the organisation and policing of the event was horrendous.

They were probably acting under direct orders from Macron to kick the crap out of some Brits.

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 11:48 - May 30 with 3532 viewsDyland

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 11:09 - May 30 by J2BLUE

Yowsers. Blatant assault with intent, that. I'm one of those old twerps all up for a raucous pitch invasion, but not to attack people. You can see footy being sanitised completely to stop the handful of mooks who can't keep their fighting out of the grounds. Really going off it all.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 11:52 - May 30 with 3507 viewswkj

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 11:48 - May 30 by Dyland

Yowsers. Blatant assault with intent, that. I'm one of those old twerps all up for a raucous pitch invasion, but not to attack people. You can see footy being sanitised completely to stop the handful of mooks who can't keep their fighting out of the grounds. Really going off it all.

Thats the thing - before this year, my understanding of a pitch invasion in this country was to have a sing song and hug the players after a massive game (winning playoffs etc). Never did I imagine we'd be looking like a tribute act for a South American derby match.

Ridiculous really - If this keeps up we may well end up seeing people want to bring barriers back, which as we know is terribly risky.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 11:57 - May 30 with 3444 viewsJ2BLUE

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 11:52 - May 30 by wkj

Thats the thing - before this year, my understanding of a pitch invasion in this country was to have a sing song and hug the players after a massive game (winning playoffs etc). Never did I imagine we'd be looking like a tribute act for a South American derby match.

Ridiculous really - If this keeps up we may well end up seeing people want to bring barriers back, which as we know is terribly risky.

I don't even understand why people touch the players. Just go on the pitch and celebrate but grabbing them and taking pictures etc isn't something I like to see.

Truly impaired.

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 12:00 - May 30 with 3426 viewswkj

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 11:57 - May 30 by J2BLUE

I don't even understand why people touch the players. Just go on the pitch and celebrate but grabbing them and taking pictures etc isn't something I like to see.

TBF, The only time I have done it was Ipswich vs Bolton in the P/O semis. Couple of the players seemed to be up for it and wanted to join in. George Burley was another story, he couldn't get the players off of the pitch fast enough.

It is important to point out, had I not moved onto the pitch I would have been rolled over and trampled (Section 5, North)
[Post edited 30 May 2022 12:01]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 12:05 - May 30 with 3401 viewsclive_baker

I've been to a few England games in France, including Euro 2016 and some of the Policing on show there was an absolute disgrace, especially towards England fans. I said as much at the time on here and numerous people took the 'probably deserved it' stance. I can see where that came from given the reputation of drunken England fans abroad, and no doubting there probably were some who did, but I witnessed first hand many, many innocent supporters treated like cattle. The default position was one of violence, like they were policing maximum security criminals. People dragged by their collars, pushed and shoved, the Police were very heavy handed towards people that were literally in a queue minding their own business. It was disgraceful.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 12:17 - May 30 with 3296 viewsDyland

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 12:05 - May 30 by clive_baker

I've been to a few England games in France, including Euro 2016 and some of the Policing on show there was an absolute disgrace, especially towards England fans. I said as much at the time on here and numerous people took the 'probably deserved it' stance. I can see where that came from given the reputation of drunken England fans abroad, and no doubting there probably were some who did, but I witnessed first hand many, many innocent supporters treated like cattle. The default position was one of violence, like they were policing maximum security criminals. People dragged by their collars, pushed and shoved, the Police were very heavy handed towards people that were literally in a queue minding their own business. It was disgraceful.

The French police have a reputation for a reason innit. They are as heavy handed as they come, in Europe anyway. Not saying yer wrong of course.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 12:25 - May 30 with 3216 viewsChurchman

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 11:41 - May 30 by GlasgowBlue

I disagree. Nobody or everybody should be given the benefit of the doubt before the full story emerges. However it never works that way. It’s why I’ve found the UEFA / French line of immediate blame annoying and depressing. They know the first one to break the news will control the narrative and they have done just that.

The pictures were awful, particularly the indiscriminate and unnecessary use of tear gas and herding of people. What should have been a joyous occasion looked like a nightmare.
The fallout is beginning from Paris on 12:27 - May 30 with 3217 viewsitfcjoe

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 12:05 - May 30 by clive_baker

I've had similar in France and Spain following England, notably very different to Germany were they police in much more English way.

Thousands of fans in a square, flags everywhere, everyone good natured if very boozy - police ride in and cut down everyones flags and leave them to fall on muddy floors then wade in when it kicks off.

Had friends just walking back minding their own business in evenings and police jumping out of cars attacking them with truncheons and then getting back in and driving off in France. They seem to get their retaliations in first, and are the biggest gang going in Paris

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 12:37 - May 30 with 3136 viewsnoggin

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 11:43 - May 30 by blueasfook

Even world class virtue signaller Gary Lineker was saying the organisation and policing of the event was horrendous.

They were probably acting under direct orders from Macron to kick the crap out of some Brits.

Yea probably

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 12:43 - May 30 with 3073 viewsgosblue

If it went the way it appears and the British media and fans are suggesting:
Liverpool and RM should Sue UEFA for failing to protect their supporters,
France should be banned from holding international events,
European finals to be played over two legs home and away
The fallout is beginning from Paris on 12:43 - May 30 with 3066 viewsRadlett_blue

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 12:25 - May 30 by Churchman

I disagree. Nobody or everybody should be given the benefit of the doubt before the full story emerges. However it never works that way. It’s why I’ve found the UEFA / French line of immediate blame annoying and depressing. They know the first one to break the news will control the narrative and they have done just that.

The pictures were awful, particularly the indiscriminate and unnecessary use of tear gas and herding of people. What should have been a joyous occasion looked like a nightmare.

And understandably the Liverpool fans in the stadium booed loudly when the stadium screen blamed the delayed kick-off on "late arrival of fans", which I think they changed to the more generic "security issues".

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 12:44 - May 30 with 3064 viewsRyorry

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 12:25 - May 30 by Churchman

Phil posted this extremely detailed account of one eyewitness caught up in it, who happened to be a UK reporter - very well worth a read - minute-by minute, yard-by-yard with photo evidence.

It's horrifying - thousands of fans were literally being kettled/funnelled by the French police towards closed areas, and a crush was building up. No police power on the ground to respond to the increasing danger - which the Taylor report had found to be one of the main contributing factors in the Hillsborough disaster.

Champions League Final entry issues last night…. by PhilTWTD 29 May 2022 11:08
This thread is a good account of the poor organisation.

https://twitter.com/draper_rob/status/1530830463270518785

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 12:45 - May 30 with 3051 viewsJakeITFC

The fallout is beginning from Paris on 12:27 - May 30 by itfcjoe

I've had similar in France and Spain following England, notably very different to Germany were they police in much more English way.

Thousands of fans in a square, flags everywhere, everyone good natured if very boozy - police ride in and cut down everyones flags and leave them to fall on muddy floors then wade in when it kicks off.

Had friends just walking back minding their own business in evenings and police jumping out of cars attacking them with truncheons and then getting back in and driving off in France. They seem to get their retaliations in first, and are the biggest gang going in Paris

Also experienced loads of locals who had got in via dodgy means in Marseille for the Russia game in 2016 - stewards and police didn't care about them but were happy to tear gas and baton English fans (who had already taken a hiding from the Russians in the day before!).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024