Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plymouth are just a bit better than us 21:30 - Oct 31 with 9912 viewsGarv

Aren't they?
[Post edited 1 Nov 2022 0:23]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 22:00 - Oct 31 with 2180 viewspointofblue

Considering the amount spent on this squad, seeing Plymouth as a better team is disheartening, to be honest. But that is where we are. Will just have to pick ourselves up to their standard.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 22:00 - Oct 31 with 2178 viewsLeoMuff

Well they were 1st this time last year as well, but didn’t even make play offs, long way to go.

We were better than them for long periods at home park, foul on Chaplin for their first and a worldly did for us.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 22:01 - Oct 31 with 2170 viewsskinnybob72

Only game I had seen them in before tonight was when we were down there and despite losing I didn't think they looked all that good. However, they did look good this evening despite being behind twice.

Totally different style of play to us as well - where we are happy to retain the ball and wait for space to open up Plymouth simply look to play right through the opposition. Once Exeter scored their second they never really had much after that (other than shot off the top of the bar) while Plymouth could have had a couple more.

I don't see them falling away so we need to keep winning.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2022 22:03]
Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 22:03 - Oct 31 with 2138 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 22:00 - Oct 31 by pointofblue

Considering the amount spent on this squad, seeing Plymouth as a better team is disheartening, to be honest. But that is where we are. Will just have to pick ourselves up to their standard.

As a matter of interest, how much have Plymouth spent on loans who will give them no return beyond this season? It is a different approach. If it works for them, good for them. We need to make sure our approach works for us.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 22:06 - Oct 31 with 2109 viewsRozz

Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 21:57 - Oct 31 by mattyhollandsirish

They look to have a bit more quality up top and that home form is rather annoying! Thought they wasn't much in it tonight though. Their 25 yarder goes in, Exeter hit the bar, fine lines. They didn't create much, but were so clinical. Unfortunately for us, all their best players are season long loans so their squad isn't getting weaker in Jan as some may suggest. Maybe I'm clutching at straws but we've a decent squad too and certainly don't think we're out of it yet.

Agree re January, I think we're being very optimistic thinking Norwich / Swansea are going to recall young players with a chance of notching a promotion in their first full seasons at L1.

Just checked and Plymouth are on track for just shy of 111 points with a ppg of 2.42. Something's gotta give eventually.
Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 22:06 - Oct 31 with 2104 viewsbackwaywhen

Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 21:43 - Oct 31 by The_Realist_09

They seem to have some real individual quality which is making them clinical.

Whittaker looks to be a real quality coup.

Hence those players are not theirs , loans ….. I wonder if there is any Jan recalls ?
Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 22:11 - Oct 31 with 2057 viewsDerryfromBury

Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 21:51 - Oct 31 by SitfcB

Couldn’t care less as long as we finish 2nd.

I still think they’ll drop off though.

2nd is far from safe.
Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 22:12 - Oct 31 with 2055 viewsVic

They do seem to keep coming up with the goods just as much and a little bit better than us. I think they’ll be there come seasons end as well.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Login to get fewer ads

Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 22:19 - Oct 31 with 2004 viewsPilgrimblue

Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 22:06 - Oct 31 by backwaywhen

Hence those players are not theirs , loans ….. I wonder if there is any Jan recalls ?

So who are their loans? Somehow I doubt they’ll be recalled
Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 22:20 - Oct 31 with 2002 viewsIllinoisblue

Slightly better. They’re giving off strong Leicester 2015 vibes which is a concern. But long ol way to go

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 22:22 - Oct 31 with 1972 viewsVic

Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 22:00 - Oct 31 by pointofblue

We’ve made massive, massive progress this season. They were up where they are last season too. We really aren’t much off them, and own the vast majority of our players - they don’t.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 22:26 - Oct 31 with 1956 viewsITFCson

We really do have some odd fans. Who cares about Plymouth or any team for that matter and especially in October. It is just plain odd to be worrying about others. We have 2.18 pts pg and that includes throwing away a fair few points in the most ridiculous of circumstances which in turn will help us address doing that again.

2.18 will see us up no problem. If Plymouth win every other game of the season I could not care less.

We are on course for 100 points and I'd wager our expected points is lower than it should be so far factoring xG etc. Relax ffs.
Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 23:09 - Oct 31 with 1800 viewsGreenArmy75

Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 21:38 - Oct 31 by ElderGrizzly

They’re more vulnerable to their better players being picked off in January too.

Our squad depth is better and Plymouth have been lucky with injuries so far too.

As you say, not a lot in it.

Lucky with injuries?

We have 4 players out who would have started tonight - Azaz, Mayor, Bolton and Miller. That’s almost half an outfield missing.

We don’t think we will go up automatically as the bigger squads will probably catch and overtake us but we are overachieving and enjoying the ride!
Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 23:30 - Oct 31 with 1732 viewsStrimmer

Or another way to see it is Plymouth conceded 2 against a mid table side and went on to win comfortably, rather like we did against port vale a few days ago. We were away too. They also earned 7 points from this week as did we. There’s not much in it

Poll: Was it a punch?

Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 00:06 - Nov 1 with 1664 viewsbournemouthblue

Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 21:51 - Oct 31 by SitfcB

Couldn’t care less as long as we finish 2nd.

I still think they’ll drop off though.

Not that there is any sign they will currently

For me they play a style which is slightly better at getting more out of League One quality players

We probably have more depth across the squad and we are less vulnerable to injuries than them

However they may have that bit more quality upfront which we lack to finish sides off or take more of the chances, they do actually create

We are incredibly wasteful, despite creating a high number of chances and generally dominating the ball

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 00:11 - Nov 1 with 1650 viewsGarv

Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 21:50 - Oct 31 by waveneyblue

There's very little in it.

I would argue we have the better players but at the moment they are the better team.

I think we are all a bit too down on our team after Saturday. Had it finished 4-3 the whole outlook would be so different.

Long way to go.

Purely based on the quality of their goals (and maybe league position and points), I think they're just better.

Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 00:14 - Nov 1 with 1630 viewsGarv

Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 22:00 - Oct 31 by LeoMuff

Well they were 1st this time last year as well, but didn’t even make play offs, long way to go.

We were better than them for long periods at home park, foul on Chaplin for their first and a worldly did for us.

I hope you aren't referring to when Chaplin tried to buy a free kick. I really hope.

Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 00:50 - Nov 1 with 1571 viewsbournemouthblue

Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 00:14 - Nov 1 by Garv

I hope you aren't referring to when Chaplin tried to buy a free kick. I really hope.

I think we probably had the better of the game up to the equaliser

But and it is a big but here, we clearly have a vulnerability when good teams put pressure on us and the crowd gets up

We've seen it a couple of times now where we have buckled under pressure, for whatever reason that is

Perhaps that can be addressed, perhaps it's a tactical thing as well but we aren't so good when teams build up momentum against us

Whilst we have a very talented squad and play attractive football, we lack that extra killer instinct either to bury teams or to grind a game out, which I suspect currently Plymouth, are doing better than us

Whether we can address that as the season develops, the obvious period being January, remains to be seen

I definitely agree with that other point on Plymouth's loans, who play a big part in what they are doing

They'll be fairly dependent on signing several of those permanently for good money, should they wish to keep them

If they don't, they better hope the replacements can do a similar job for them or they are back to square one
[Post edited 1 Nov 2022 0:53]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Plymouth are just a bit better than us on 06:15 - Nov 1 with 1443 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

That result just rubs salt in the wound of the Charlton game. They’re a good side but still think we’ll overhaul them by end of season with our stronger squad.
Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 07:05 - Nov 1 with 1348 viewsnoggin

Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 21:50 - Oct 31 by waveneyblue

There's very little in it.

I would argue we have the better players but at the moment they are the better team.

I think we are all a bit too down on our team after Saturday. Had it finished 4-3 the whole outlook would be so different.

Long way to go.

Isn't that the problem though? It didn't finish 4-3.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Plymouth are just a bit better than us on 07:07 - Nov 1 with 1345 viewschicoazul

They have a gun keeper and 4 very good loans. But you like to think we can reinforce in ways they can’t in January.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 07:10 - Nov 1 with 1336 viewstractordownsouth

Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 21:46 - Oct 31 by portmanking

You have to say, their forwards look far more intelligent than ours, unfortunately. Hardie looks sharp as a button and a real cool finisher. Just the kind of movement we were crying out for this summer, on the shoulder of the last man.

We've been far too ponderous in both boxes in recent weeks. We can but hope a fortnight's rest gives us a chance to reset and have a big push to Christmas.

I said on here in the summer we should have signed Hardie

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 07:23 - Nov 1 with 1293 viewstractordownsouth

Plymouth are a just a bit better than us on 23:09 - Oct 31 by GreenArmy75

Lucky with injuries?

We have 4 players out who would have started tonight - Azaz, Mayor, Bolton and Miller. That’s almost half an outfield missing.

We don’t think we will go up automatically as the bigger squads will probably catch and overtake us but we are overachieving and enjoying the ride!

You’ll go up automatically, provided the loans aren’t recalled. From what I’ve seen this year, no other team comes close.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Plymouth are just a bit better than us on 07:41 - Nov 1 with 1251 viewsBigCommon

There's nothing in it atm..
All that separates us is the Home Park result..
You have to applaud Plymouth for their consistent results since getting smashed at Charlton..
But for all there excellent form, ourselves and Wednesday are still on their coat tails. It's not as if they've opened up an 8-10 point lead.
As ever, it's all about who can go the distance.
Plymouth have edged it over the first 17 games.. There's 29 games left. It would take something remarkable for them to sustain their form throughout. You'd have to, respectfully applaud them, if they did.
My Nan used to say, "You can only keep your own front step clean".
Our 2pts plus, per game, is excellent so far. All we can do is look after our own season and keep plugging at 2ppg. And keep our heads, when any drama ensues....
You just know there's more drama to come..
Plymouth are just a bit better than us on 07:59 - Nov 1 with 1190 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Different styles etc but they’re a decent side. Whoever is running the show down there is doing a brilliant job and good luck to them.

Whittaker looks a very good player, and the GK (not at his best last night) looks outstanding from what I’ve seen.

It’s a long season. Cracking club and place to visit so hope we go up together.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024