Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That's us told then!! 11:36 - Dec 30 with 8301 viewsgtsb1966

https://pasoti.co.uk/threads/ipswich-not-the-best-team-in-league-1-we-are.121085
That's us told then!! on 11:38 - Dec 30 with 5057 viewsFrimleyBlue

The best team in the league are the ones who finish top at the end of the season.

Until then, no one is the best in the league

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

That's us told then!! on 11:38 - Dec 30 with 5054 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The league table tells us that.

Hopefully it tells us we are in May.

Far more important to be then.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

That's us told then!! on 11:40 - Dec 30 with 5031 viewspointofblue

And to think I want Plymouth to go up ahead of the other rivals...

In all seriousness, the poster has a point, unfortunately. We do wilt under pressure, we don't take advantage of good positions, we have a glass jaw. Plymouth, for now, are better.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

That's us told then!! on 11:41 - Dec 30 with 5008 viewsJ2BLUE

Right now he's right.

That's the sort of post we see every day on here. Right now, he is factually correct.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

That's us told then!! on 11:45 - Dec 30 with 4968 viewsVic

Depends! I think they may have a point at some level.

“Ipswich can play a bit but are serial offenders of letting apparently lesser teams score against their unreliable defence at the most inopportune moments to their best interests. It happens regularly...”

Can’t argue with that really can we!

A different question is whether the football we are capable of is better than them. Personally I think the answer is yes! In pure footballing terms I think we are the best - but it’s points on the board that count and they have more than us!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

That's us told then!! on 11:57 - Dec 30 with 4819 viewsKeno

Aww bless that gariboldi - do you think he has bit of a complex?

small willy maybe?

seems the sort

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

That's us told then!! on 12:00 - Dec 30 with 4797 viewsFrimleyBlue

That's us told then!! on 11:45 - Dec 30 by Vic

“Ipswich can play a bit but are serial offenders of letting apparently lesser teams score against their unreliable defence at the most inopportune moments to their best interests. It happens regularly...”

A different question is whether the football we are capable of is better than them. Personally I think the answer is yes! In pure footballing terms I think we are the best - but it’s points on the board that count and they have more than us!

I still stand by my thoughts that KM's style is To good for this league and that in itself is a problem when having to manage league 1 players.

If you watch the top prem sides, the football and phases of play, player rotations etc etc are all a carbon copy of what town attempts to do. Our problem is that we don't have a Haaland or a De Bruyne, a Saka at Arsenal who can turn it on with a drop of a shoulder.

Man City as an example come up against teams sitting deep alot.. they don't panic, they go about there business just like we did last night. But you can always trust one of their stars to do something, we don't have that luxury and I personally feel this is what lets us down when it matters.

Waka waka eh eh

That's us told then!! on 12:06 - Dec 30 with 4718 viewsBluedandy

That's us told then!! on 11:38 - Dec 30 by FrimleyBlue

The best team in the league are the ones who finish top at the end of the season.

Until then, no one is the best in the league

Aston Villa were not the best Division One team in 1981 which is why we beat them three times that season.
Login to get fewer ads

That's us told then!! on 12:10 - Dec 30 with 4655 viewsFrimleyBlue

That's us told then!! on 12:06 - Dec 30 by Bluedandy

Aston Villa were not the best Division One team in 1981 which is why we beat them three times that season.

Well they finished top, so they were.

Waka waka eh eh

That's us told then!! on 12:43 - Dec 30 with 4463 viewsLankHenners

It's a bit arrogant and OTT in some of the claims but essentially correct.

I also think that we're a much bigger club than Plymouth and have spent a lot more opens us up to more of the 'best, biggest team in the league' comments from other managers as part of a ploy to win the mental battle. Plymouth have a bit more of the fearless plucky underdog about them which makes them harder to undermine in the same way.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

That's us told then!! on 12:48 - Dec 30 with 4389 viewsTrequartista

Can't really see anything there out of the ordinary if we were in their shoes.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

That's us told then!! on 12:54 - Dec 30 with 4350 viewsDarth_Koont

We probably have a higher ceiling but there’s no getting away from the fact that Plymouth are better at doing the business (so far).

Finding that ruthlessness/extra gear/secret sauce/whatever to get us over the line in games will be crucial. We’re potentially looking at Plymouth coming to us with a 7-10 point lead in a couple of weeks so we can’t waste too many opportunities like last night which only increase that pressure on ourselves.

Pronouns: He/Him

That's us told then!! on 12:56 - Dec 30 with 4338 viewsRyorry

That's us told then!! on 12:48 - Dec 30 by Trequartista

Can't really see anything there out of the ordinary if we were in their shoes.

Bit much for them to claim "The fact is Plymouth Argyle have ... many more tractors" though - in the immortal word of Sparks - "*evidence?" 😂

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

That's us told then!! on 13:00 - Dec 30 with 4302 viewspafcprogs

That's us told then!! on 12:43 - Dec 30 by LankHenners

It's a bit arrogant and OTT in some of the claims but essentially correct.

I also think that we're a much bigger club than Plymouth and have spent a lot more opens us up to more of the 'best, biggest team in the league' comments from other managers as part of a ploy to win the mental battle. Plymouth have a bit more of the fearless plucky underdog about them which makes them harder to undermine in the same way.

Well there is truth in both sides....

Right now we are top and extended our lead again.....but that will mean diddly squat if we finish third in May and have to play WW twice in the play offs....

You are a bigger club historically and empirically based on spend and crowds...so to finish above you (and the Wendies) will be a significant achievement.

We might do it though...somehimes a group of players just gels and has a feel about them....

We finally got James Bolton back on the pitch last night and having Scarr back in the centre solidifies the back line a lot....so the squad that an number of posters have said will be too thin is bulking up again...Azaz back at the end of next month as well.

Rumours floating around (including from Ainsworth) that you are going to pay a million or thereabouts for Whittaker this Window. Also that we might be losing Hardie for a fee rather than for nothing in the summer.

Expecting two new faces in the squad for the Bolton game on the 7th.

We keep finding a way......out home points alone make us with in the table....and we only have two of the current top half to play at home now (Derby and Pompous)

Plenty of twists and turns though....we will lose a few away games for sure but then realistically I think you and Wednesday might as well....

I still hope for an Argyle Town 1/2 (in either order).

Happy New Year
That's us told then!! on 13:03 - Dec 30 with 4244 viewsITFC_Josh

That's us told then!! on 13:00 - Dec 30 by pafcprogs

Right now we are top and extended our lead again.....but that will mean diddly squat if we finish third in May and have to play WW twice in the play offs....

You are a bigger club historically and empirically based on spend and crowds...so to finish above you (and the Wendies) will be a significant achievement.

We might do it though...somehimes a group of players just gels and has a feel about them....

We finally got James Bolton back on the pitch last night and having Scarr back in the centre solidifies the back line a lot....so the squad that an number of posters have said will be too thin is bulking up again...Azaz back at the end of next month as well.

Rumours floating around (including from Ainsworth) that you are going to pay a million or thereabouts for Whittaker this Window. Also that we might be losing Hardie for a fee rather than for nothing in the summer.

We keep finding a way......out home points alone make us with in the table....and we only have two of the current top half to play at home now (Derby and Pompous)

Plenty of twists and turns though....we will lose a few away games for sure but then realistically I think you and Wednesday might as well....

Happy New Year

Where’s these rumours about Whittaker come from? And what’s Ainsworth said about it?
That's us told then!! on 13:07 - Dec 30 with 4203 viewsNthQldITFC

That's us told then!! on 12:00 - Dec 30 by FrimleyBlue

I still stand by my thoughts that KM's style is To good for this league and that in itself is a problem when having to manage league 1 players.

If you watch the top prem sides, the football and phases of play, player rotations etc etc are all a carbon copy of what town attempts to do. Our problem is that we don't have a Haaland or a De Bruyne, a Saka at Arsenal who can turn it on with a drop of a shoulder.

Man City as an example come up against teams sitting deep alot.. they don't panic, they go about there business just like we did last night. But you can always trust one of their stars to do something, we don't have that luxury and I personally feel this is what lets us down when it matters.

I agree with that, and I'm grateful that I think most supporters can see that the thing to do is to stick with it, as it is going to stand us in such good stead in the Championship.

The thing not to do is to get all angsty and start thinking 'we need a big lump up top' and bang it up to him. We are so close to having a side capable of challenging at the top of the league above with a few additions, and we have a well-engrained entertaining and effective style.

Even if it gets a bit frustrating that we don't have players who can quite get all the 'little moments' right all of the time, we gotta stick wid da program, man.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

That's us told then!! on 13:09 - Dec 30 with 4183 viewsJ2BLUE

Happy New Year

I wouldn't be surprised to see us spend £2-3m this window to try and get over the line. Every year in this league gets you something like £7m less than in the Championship and if we don't go up this year it's going to be hard to hang on to the likes of Morsy, Woolf and Chaplin.

I'm also hoping we finish 1/2. I'd happily take second to you right now.

Happy new year.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

That's us told then!! on 13:09 - Dec 30 with 4183 viewsgainsboroughblue

Really would rather this didn't become some dick waving competion. Plymouth, Sheffield Weds and ourselves are all good sides at this level and it wouldn't surprise me whoever gets there. Just a shame that one will miss out (on automatics at least). Barnsley also look like they will have a say into the new year.

I can see where PAFC fans are coming from. In our 99/00 season, the media darlings were Man City ahead of even Charlton who comfortably won the division.

The comments about our side in the linked thread are also quite true. We do make ourselves vulnerable but you'd hope if opposition fans can see it, our management can too and will make the necessary changes.

It is going to be a huge few months.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 13:11]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

That's us told then!! on 13:10 - Dec 30 with 4169 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Plymouth are the best team in the league right now. They've played the everyone and are 4 points top.

The best team in the league overall is decided in May.

But anyone writing off Plymouth, can't have seen them play much. Them having an exceptional goalkeeper certainly helps, but they are also in this run of form without Finn Azaz who for me is the best player in the division. I can see them winning this league.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

That's us told then!! on 13:10 - Dec 30 with 4166 viewsIllinoisblue

That's us told then!! on 13:03 - Dec 30 by ITFC_Josh

Where’s these rumours about Whittaker come from? And what’s Ainsworth said about it?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

That's us told then!! on 13:17 - Dec 30 with 4050 viewsFrimleyBlue

That's us told then!! on 13:07 - Dec 30 by NthQldITFC

I agree with that, and I'm grateful that I think most supporters can see that the thing to do is to stick with it, as it is going to stand us in such good stead in the Championship.

The thing not to do is to get all angsty and start thinking 'we need a big lump up top' and bang it up to him. We are so close to having a side capable of challenging at the top of the league above with a few additions, and we have a well-engrained entertaining and effective style.

Even if it gets a bit frustrating that we don't have players who can quite get all the 'little moments' right all of the time, we gotta stick wid da program, man.

Jan signings will probably calm some nerves.

My concern is if we can find the players who can do what KM needs them to do to take this style upto the championship.

At the moment we are thereabouts. But it's not consistent enough to breakaway and is slowly taking us backwards in a sense we are bringing others into play.

Really need to support KM this window to get us up as if we do then I can see a bright future. But if we don't.. I called it a failure to not get promoted which it would be but I'd also think KM himself will want to join Carrick in the championship with better players to purchase.

Waka waka eh eh

That's us told then!! on 13:20 - Dec 30 with 4018 viewsTangledupin_Blue

You are all over the place, here.

Firstly, when we drop points it is never because we are 'too good'. It is because we are 'not good enough'. Last night we were not good enough to win. Scoring two goals will, far more often than not, be enough to get the three points but we have a brittle defence and, time and again, it is proving costly.

You then seem to assert, in your other two paragraphs, that our players aren't good enough. So our players aren't good enough but as a team we are too good? It doesn't make sense.

In your second paragraph you seem to be suggesting that the top sides are copying us (arf) and then you say that 'our problem' is that we don't have those players. Well all of the League 1 sides have the same problem.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

That's us told then!! on 13:21 - Dec 30 with 4013 viewsLankHenners

Happy New Year

I think the top 3 will switch about quite a bit more from now until the end as is natural but truth is you've been a bit more consistent with wins than we have which at the end of the day is what gets you right up the table. Where we've failed to find a winner you've managed to get the necessary goal. I think McKenna is right to an extent that a decent part of that is down to hard luck both from the play of the game but also some officiating. I guess the solution is not putting yourself in the situation to get done over by luck or a dodgy ref but it is what it is.

Interesting re: Whittaker - reported on here he's on a long list of potential targets but the club have generally been very good at keeping things close to their chest with signings usually reported not long before actually being done so you never know. Can certainly see a deal like that to strengthen us and weaken a rival being the sort of ruthless thing Mark Ashton would go for. Easier as well if we deal with the parent club of a loan player rather than you as we'd likely be told to get lost.

To be honest as long as we keep ourselves in contention and Wednesday/maybe Barnsley drop off I'm not too worried about who comes first as just to finally get out of the division will be a blessed relief and would rather you come up than anyone else.

We'll push hard to strengthen in Jan so will hopefully have a couple more options up top to make us a bit more dynamic and have a strong 2nd half of the season. Will be intriguing that's for sure.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

That's us told then!! on 13:22 - Dec 30 with 3995 viewsNthsuffolkblue

You do realise, that our style has us second in the league 4 points behind the leaders.

Man City's has them second in the league, 5 points behind the leaders.

Of course our players are not as good as Man City's. The opposition we play against are not as good as Man City's.

KM's style is a blessing. To suggest otherwise is plain crassness.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

That's us told then!! on 13:26 - Dec 30 with 3905 viewsbournemouthblue

That's us told then!! on 11:45 - Dec 30 by Vic

They're certainly more effective than us currently, they do note they still have us, Wednesday, Barnsley and Bolton and Peterborough to play away though, which will be interesting

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024