Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead 15:25 - Feb 18 with 3977 viewsIllinoisblue

The goals will come

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead on 15:39 - Feb 18 with 3203 viewsSwansea_Blue

Broadhead especially. Hirst is also looking a lot more mobile now as well. Seems a lot fitter than he was when he first arrived. He was lively on Tuesday night.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead on 15:43 - Feb 18 with 3181 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I make you right!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead on 15:53 - Feb 18 with 3111 viewsStokieBlue

Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead on 15:39 - Feb 18 by Swansea_Blue

Broadhead especially. Hirst is also looking a lot more mobile now as well. Seems a lot fitter than he was when he first arrived. He was lively on Tuesday night.

Broadhead has been very good today - looks quality.

Goal and assist that half.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead on 15:56 - Feb 18 with 3072 viewsWestcountryblue

Broadhead is the best player on the pitch by some distance.
Hirst, willing, but needs a goal.
Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead on 16:30 - Feb 18 with 2945 viewsVaughan8

Let's not got ahead of ourselves though.

These are the worst team by far in this league. People saying how great we were after Morecambe then having hissy fits the games after.

An early goal always helps our course and relaxed everyone hha
Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead on 20:03 - Feb 18 with 2819 viewsRKD

Got a good friend who is a Sunderland fan and he rates Broadhead highly.

Poll: Edwards goal - shot or cross?

Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead on 20:50 - Feb 18 with 2675 viewsibbleobble

Broadhead absolutely. Hirst no. That miss that Davis put on a plate for him was terrible as was the one against Wednesday. The whistle sparred his blushes in the latter but his finishing has been woeful so far as typified by that wood blaze over the bar. Everyone around him is notching except him.
Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead on 20:54 - Feb 18 with 2651 viewsitfcsuth

Broadhead almost certainly, player of quality, contributed G+A already, and still going through an adjustment period with the club.

Hirst, not sure about, yet to see why there was such a strong desire to bring him in in the summer.
Login to get fewer ads

Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead on 20:58 - Feb 18 with 2628 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead on 20:54 - Feb 18 by itfcsuth

Broadhead almost certainly, player of quality, contributed G+A already, and still going through an adjustment period with the club.

Hirst, not sure about, yet to see why there was such a strong desire to bring him in in the summer.

Hirst has not had a lot of pitch time and has shown good movement and a tendency to shoot. If we can get a couple of players to develop an understanding with him he will score a good number of goals.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead on 21:05 - Feb 18 with 2602 viewsibbleobble

Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead on 20:58 - Feb 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

Hirst has not had a lot of pitch time and has shown good movement and a tendency to shoot. If we can get a couple of players to develop an understanding with him he will score a good number of goals.

No he won’t.
Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead on 21:38 - Feb 18 with 2498 viewsitfcsuth

No I do appreciate he’s lacked real game time since last year.

You fear by the time he’s found any rhythm though he’ll be back with Leicester.

Personally looking forward to TJJ returning though, personally preferred what we saw of TJJ as over Hirst so far.
Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead on 22:29 - Feb 18 with 2404 viewsMcCall

Sorry but Hirst is awful. If you can't score against FG in a 4-0 home win, when will you score?

Carthorse, we have much better options up front.
Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead on 22:33 - Feb 18 with 2391 viewsxrayspecs

Hirst needs a goal, he is trying too hard. He snatched at what should have been a routine finish. Two mins later he shot (wildly) when a ball in to an unmarked Burns was the option.

Once he gets off the mark, it was an OG at Burnley, then he should settle.
Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead on 22:44 - Feb 18 with 2362 viewsChrisd

That effort from Hirst that clipped the bar was a great bit of skill. The first touch to control that ball over his shoulder and the deft second touch which hit the bar was sublime. He had such little space and time to work with he made that look easier than it was. That was genuine quality.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead on 22:45 - Feb 18 with 2360 viewspointofblue

Broadhead is a brilliant signing - hopefully he can continue to adjust fitness wise as I think there will be matches where we’ll want him on to the end.

Hirst is getting there but the lack of game time prior to joining us is obvious at this point.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead on 01:33 - Feb 19 with 2165 viewsStewart27

Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead on 22:29 - Feb 18 by McCall

Sorry but Hirst is awful. If you can't score against FG in a 4-0 home win, when will you score?

Carthorse, we have much better options up front.

Awful post. Carthorse?! You’re either showing your age or your football mentality!

Took Freddie a while to get going in this system.

I assume he’s the option up front you’re referring to? As he looks all the number 9 we’ve been longing for.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2023 9:21]
Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead on 02:01 - Feb 19 with 2138 viewsbournemouthblue

There's promise there but he's raw and unfinished, I fear if he does become prolific, it won't be with us

I hope I'm wrong and peaks when it matters, very much what happened with Marcus Stewart with our playoff campaign and there on after
[Post edited 19 Feb 2023 2:01]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead on 02:22 - Feb 19 with 2113 viewsnorfsufblue

For me it's rustyness that's the problem with Hirst, today though o thought he was doing things much more easily , he certainly closes opponents down quicker than Freddie and put a good shift in without scoring I know which FL often gets lauded for too.... I would probably have left him on till he scored even if Fred came on alongside him.... thought it was a good opportunity to manufacture a goal for home at the end but I would wager KMcK will not be unhappy with contribution today.... I'd stick with that team for next Saturday if all are fit.
Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead on 07:48 - Feb 19 with 1914 viewsDanTheMan

Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead on 02:22 - Feb 19 by norfsufblue

For me it's rustyness that's the problem with Hirst, today though o thought he was doing things much more easily , he certainly closes opponents down quicker than Freddie and put a good shift in without scoring I know which FL often gets lauded for too.... I would probably have left him on till he scored even if Fred came on alongside him.... thought it was a good opportunity to manufacture a goal for home at the end but I would wager KMcK will not be unhappy with contribution today.... I'd stick with that team for next Saturday if all are fit.

It was quite funny to watch him get annoyed for Chaplin's second before celebrating. If Chaplin wasn't there he'd have got a tap in. Obviously desperate for a goal.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead on 08:01 - Feb 19 with 1853 viewsDJR

I'm not wholly convinced by Hirst, although I realise it's early days. We certainly do, however, need him because there is no other alternative to Ladapo.

Maybe it's a lack of fitness, but he strikes me as being a bit gangly, and I thought his first touch yesterday yesterday was generally poor, although he did do well for the shot that hit the crossbar.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2023 8:02]
Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead on 08:49 - Feb 19 with 1732 viewsfranz_tyson

Maybe a bit early.... but Broadhead looks a level above Harness, Edwards and, dare I say it, Aluko.

He's direct like Edwards and is happy to run at defenders .... but doesn't do the fancy step-overs and seems to be sniffing for openings for himself and others. Better end-priduct advantage straight away over Edwards. Same as Aluko. Aluko's a lovely footballer - but much as I love drooling over his skills.... there usually isn't an end product. Broadheads already over-taken him with goals/assists. As for Harness.... not sure what's happened to him, but his first touch is terrible and he needs a goal. He looked sharp at the start of the season and I thought he'd be up there as top scorer.
Hirst is a bit fortunate to start ahead of Freddie.... but he does work hard. The thankless non-scoring, hard-working role of a McK number 9.
Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead on 09:05 - Feb 19 with 1690 viewstractorboy1978

Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead on 08:49 - Feb 19 by franz_tyson

Maybe a bit early.... but Broadhead looks a level above Harness, Edwards and, dare I say it, Aluko.

He's direct like Edwards and is happy to run at defenders .... but doesn't do the fancy step-overs and seems to be sniffing for openings for himself and others. Better end-priduct advantage straight away over Edwards. Same as Aluko. Aluko's a lovely footballer - but much as I love drooling over his skills.... there usually isn't an end product. Broadheads already over-taken him with goals/assists. As for Harness.... not sure what's happened to him, but his first touch is terrible and he needs a goal. He looked sharp at the start of the season and I thought he'd be up there as top scorer.
Hirst is a bit fortunate to start ahead of Freddie.... but he does work hard. The thankless non-scoring, hard-working role of a McK number 9.

Broadhead and Chaplin are comfortably the best/most effective 10s we have. Fitness permitting they need to be starting every game now.
Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead on 09:10 - Feb 19 with 1648 viewsDubtractor

Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead on 09:05 - Feb 19 by tractorboy1978

Broadhead and Chaplin are comfortably the best/most effective 10s we have. Fitness permitting they need to be starting every game now.

This, with bells on.

We simply have to get those 2 on the pitch for as many minutes as possible.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead on 09:21 - Feb 19 with 1612 viewsclive_baker

Broadhead looks so good. Such a nice touch and close control. I like his directness too, always looking to create something. He’s a proper bit of X factor that we’ve probably been missing at times this season.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Encouraging signs from Hirst and Broadhead on 09:32 - Feb 19 with 1529 viewsBobbychase

I have a wry smile when I see people dismissing Hirst after a handful of games. Wonder if they are the same people who dismissed Kieffer Moore, who went on to play in the Premier League and at a World Cup, who didn't rate Chris Wood who is a Premiership striker, and who decided Ladapo was useless when he had a slow start to the season.

Learn from history.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024