Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Broadhead 10:03 - Apr 11 with 4043 viewsportmanking

Toes and fingers crossed he was left out yesterday as a precaution. There is something amiss in our two tens when he doesn't play. The link-up play between Hirst and Harness was non-existent at times. Harness really does play on a different wavelength to this team. Edwards is an enigma and showed flashes once again, but not enough to bang McKenna's door down to start against Charlton.

If Broadhead's fit for our final 6 games, I think we go up top 2, it's that simple IMO.
Broadhead on 10:10 - Apr 11 with 3068 viewsBloomBlue

As I've said a few times on here, Broadhead was the most important signing in the Jan window he turned the season around. I actually thought yesterday performance was OK by the the team, inevitable we would concede at some stage and draw/lose a game. But if Broadhead had been on the pitch his directness towards goal would have caused them a lot of problems and draws opposition players towards him creating space for others.

Wycombe game was a perfect example where his movement off the ball was pulling players towards him
Broadhead on 10:12 - Apr 11 with 3056 viewshomer_123

Yes, Broadhead was missed, no question.

That said, right now, it's night and day between Edwards and Harness. I like them both but I'd be choosing Edwards over Harness every time at the moment - Harness seems a shadow of his former self, which is a real shame.

Edwards offered a lot more on and off the ball yesterday.

Neither are a patch of Broady though.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Broadhead on 10:18 - Apr 11 with 2977 viewsportmanking

Broadhead on 10:12 - Apr 11 by homer_123

That said, right now, it's night and day between Edwards and Harness. I like them both but I'd be choosing Edwards over Harness every time at the moment - Harness seems a shadow of his former self, which is a real shame.

I agree I'm more of an Edwards fan than a Harness fan.

I'd even go as far as to say that Harness just isn't a suitable player for us and was a poor piece of recruitment. We've tried to shoehorn him into a number ten role, when most of his best work in League 1 has been as a direct winger. His close control and passing is simply lightyears behind the likes of Chaplin and Broadhead. So much so that the game just passes him by and we're almost left playing with ten men.
Broadhead on 10:18 - Apr 11 with 2976 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Mckenna didn't sound too confident on him on his RS interview after the game. Like you though I pray he's back for Saturday, such a good player.

Thought Edwards was really good when he came on though on Friday. If NB is out though, id give edwards a start

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Broadhead on 10:29 - Apr 11 with 2885 viewsIllinoisblue

What’s happened to Aluko? Still injured?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Broadhead on 10:31 - Apr 11 with 2866 viewsportmanking

Broadhead on 10:29 - Apr 11 by Illinoisblue

Dunno, but the cold, hard stats show that he's at best ineffective for us. Minimal contributions on the assists/goals front during his time here, despite how silky he's often looked on the ball. Would agree that Aluko would offer better ball retention than Harness though.
Broadhead on 10:35 - Apr 11 with 2825 viewsPhilTWTD

Broadhead on 10:29 - Apr 11 by Illinoisblue

Travelled and did iFollow punditry yesterday.
Broadhead on 10:38 - Apr 11 with 2797 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Broadhead on 10:35 - Apr 11 by PhilTWTD

Travelled and did iFollow punditry yesterday.

That doesn't really answer the question, though, does it?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Broadhead on 10:46 - Apr 11 with 2747 viewsRobTheMonk

Broadhead is exceptional at creating space for others. Chaplin especially looks like a much better all round player when Broadhead is in the team.
Broadhead on 10:55 - Apr 11 with 2697 viewsPhilTWTD

Broadhead on 10:38 - Apr 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

He wouldn't have travelled if he wasn't fit. Was involved in the warm-up as well.

Also don't remember him having an injury.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Broadhead on 10:56 - Apr 11 with 2683 viewsxrayspecs

He took part in the warm up and did his own running session once the players had gone back into the changing rooms. Looks like he was the travelling spare senior player, the club often take one more than they can field in case someone is ill on the day or gets injured in the warm up.
Back for the play offs. (n/t) on 11:00 - Apr 11 with 2623 viewsBloots

"Vegetable rights and peace" - Neil The Hippy (08/05/84)

Broadhead on 11:01 - Apr 11 with 2620 viewsPhilTWTD

Broadhead on 10:56 - Apr 11 by xrayspecs

He took part in the warm up and did his own running session once the players had gone back into the changing rooms. Looks like he was the travelling spare senior player, the club often take one more than they can field in case someone is ill on the day or gets injured in the warm up.

Keogh travelled as well yesterday. Usually seems to be two players travelling and not playing these days.
Broadhead on 11:11 - Apr 11 with 2504 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Broadhead on 11:01 - Apr 11 by PhilTWTD

Keogh travelled as well yesterday. Usually seems to be two players travelling and not playing these days.

Thanks both for clarifying.

Broadhead on 11:36 - Apr 11 with 2387 viewsSitfcB

Idiot.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Broadhead on 11:39 - Apr 11 with 2369 viewsSE1blue

Broadhead on 10:56 - Apr 11 by xrayspecs

On iFollow, Aluko mentioned that McKenna has been asking him (whilst he’s been injured) what his view point has been at half times during recent matches.

McKennas been keen to know if he’s spotted anything significant from a more elevated position that could help during matches.

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Broadhead on 11:43 - Apr 11 with 2306 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Broadhead on 11:39 - Apr 11 by SE1blue

On iFollow, Aluko mentioned that McKenna has been asking him (whilst he’s been injured) what his view point has been at half times during recent matches.

McKennas been keen to know if he’s spotted anything significant from a more elevated position that could help during matches.

Sitters will call you an idiot if you think he could have been injured and doing that, though.

Broadhead on 11:52 - Apr 11 with 2270 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s nuts to think we’ve got Edwards, Aluko and Jackson yet he goes with Harness. Even shifting things around to accommodate Jackson would be better. Harness was actually getting in the way at times yesterday, so worse than playing with 10 men. The poor bloke, it’s gone really wrong for him.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Broadhead on 11:58 - Apr 11 with 2217 viewsFrimleyBlue

Harness is a tidy league 1 player but just that.

I think the 2nd half showed we should have gone for Edwards from the start. The closest player that's a swap for Broadhead. Great ball control. Links with players and gets at players.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Broadhead on 12:04 - Apr 11 with 2217 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Broadhead on 11:52 - Apr 11 by Swansea_Blue

It’s nuts to think we’ve got Edwards, Aluko and Jackson yet he goes with Harness. Even shifting things around to accommodate Jackson would be better. Harness was actually getting in the way at times yesterday, so worse than playing with 10 men. The poor bloke, it’s gone really wrong for him.

As I said yesterday, and I'm not sure you would have seen it, as it was on the opposite side of the pitch from where you were.

But Aluko was running drills on his own with one of the coaches in the pre-match warm up. Went through a lot of sprinting and stretching exercises, all of which seemed to be designed around his hamstrings.

I did wonder if he was carrying a niggle. Aside from that, the Cheltenham policy of putting it up in the air as often as possible, doesn't really play to Edwards or Aluko's strengths if you ask me.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Broadhead on 12:06 - Apr 11 with 2171 viewsNthQldITFC

I thought Edwards was really good in his 45 minutes yesterday. His decision making has definitely improved and he left Cheltenham midfielders for dead on several occasions. He was probably our biggest threat in the second half.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: When you vacuum your bookshelves, do you?

Broadhead on 12:08 - Apr 11 with 2155 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Broadhead on 12:06 - Apr 11 by NthQldITFC

I thought Edwards was really good in his 45 minutes yesterday. His decision making has definitely improved and he left Cheltenham midfielders for dead on several occasions. He was probably our biggest threat in the second half.

Absolutely.

I really like Edwards, but I do worry that he has managed to typecast himself into the role of 'impact sub'

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Broadhead on 12:34 - Apr 11 with 2059 viewsSomethingBlue

Broadhead on 12:06 - Apr 11 by NthQldITFC

Yes, Edwards is noticeably cleaner on the ball nowadays. Almost had an excellent assist for Hirst. I think he's ahead of Harness by some distance at the moment in most departments, but understand why McKenna values some of MH's work out of possession.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Broadhead on 12:59 - Apr 11 with 1942 viewsPhilTWTD

Broadhead on 11:39 - Apr 11 by SE1blue

He's watched home games with the analysts fairly regularly.
Broadhead on 13:25 - Apr 11 with 1757 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Harness needs a run of games, which injuries permitting, he isn’t going to get. I’m not surprised he looks a bit rusty. I’m not convinced that Edwards can shake the impact sub tag

Poll: Our final position

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024