Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Second club? 12:18 - Jun 8 with 14663 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Just wondering if anyone here actively supports a second club? I've been following the fortunes of Sheffield FC last couple of seasons (worlds oldest club) ...in Northern Premier East Division...

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Second club? on 12:20 - Jun 8 with 6349 viewsTractorCam

Ipswich Wanderers! Been going there for 8 years now, saw them have an abysmal relegation to step 6 a few years back but now ready to play in step 4 for the first time in their history.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Second club? on 12:21 - Jun 8 with 6340 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

I don't and couldn't really conceive of doing so. Have a soft spot for my local non-league sides but that's as far as it goes.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Second club? on 12:24 - Jun 8 with 6307 viewshomer_123

You cannot support a second team.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Second club? on 12:25 - Jun 8 with 6297 viewsJ2BLUE

Each to their own but I find it odd to be honest with a couple of exceptions.

Less odd if you support Town but have lived somewhere else for a while and take an interest in the local club. Same if people take an interest in local non league teams. A random second team is odd to me though.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Second club? on 12:30 - Jun 8 with 6258 viewsChurchman

Absolutely not! England of course, but even with them I’d sacrifice any number of England wins until the end of time for ITFC getting a point.

I go to games with friends and enjoy seeing their teams win but there’s no emotional attachment. I just don’t care when it comes down to it. Dartford is non league club I watch every so often for a laugh, but again, I’m really not bothered about the result.

Edit: the misses’ family and she deep down are are all Leicester so I watch for their results - and laugh when they lose. I also look for Newcastle, Sunderland and Leeds results - my chums’ teams.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2023 13:51]
Second club? on 12:34 - Jun 8 with 6226 viewsEiffel78

I wouldn't say support, I've only been to the stadium once, and that was a tour while on holiday rather than an actual match. But I do follow the fortunes of Valencia. They were my go-to team when I first played Champ in the late 90s, and they were everyone's favourite underdog in Europe around that time, so they sort of stuck.
Second club? on 12:42 - Jun 8 with 6175 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Happy to keep an eye on my local team but actively support? Never.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Second club? on 12:45 - Jun 8 with 6156 viewsGuthrum

Not active support, but there are a few other clubs whose results I keep an eye on. Plymouth Argyle (family, friends and Mariner connection); Liverpool (brother-in-law and nephew are big fans); Cambridge Utd (went to school in the city, parents took the Cambridge Evening News); Cheltenham (live there).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Second club? on 12:47 - Jun 8 with 6148 viewsgiant_stow

In order:

Arsenal
Orient
Hale End FC
Clapton Community FC
Walthamstow FC

... all get to enjoy my presence from time to time.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2023 12:47]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Second club? on 12:47 - Jun 8 with 6146 viewshoppy

Second club? on 12:20 - Jun 8 by TractorCam

Ipswich Wanderers! Been going there for 8 years now, saw them have an abysmal relegation to step 6 a few years back but now ready to play in step 4 for the first time in their history.

Also Ipswich Wanderers for me - involved on the committee, designed the matchday programmes for the last couple of seasons, help out as a volunteer on matchday (when Towen are away, but not if fixtures clash with ITFC also at home!) and sponsor the first team away kit and a couple of the younger age group kits.

Hopefully we'll continue to have a good go at Step 4 this year as the last couple of seasons have been very good.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Second club? on 12:53 - Jun 8 with 6079 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Wouldn't say support by any means, I only support Ipswich. But like seeing teams who i perceive to play/do football the right way, Brighton/Brentford for example.

I also like seeing Lionel Messi do well wherever he is. Come on Inter Miami I guess.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2023 12:54]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Second club? on 12:55 - Jun 8 with 6057 viewsjayessess

I love watching live football and Portman Road wasn't very accessible when I lived in Madrid, 2008-2011, so I got a season ticket for Rayo Vallecano (only 95€ or something like that). Active-ish since I moved back to England (gone on a couple of trips to go watch them), try to catch a stream of their games when I can.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Second club? on 12:56 - Jun 8 with 6042 viewsDaninthecampo

Having not been to a live game for 6 years, I've decided this season im going to start supporting a second team here. I have 3 choices
Sevilla, lots of recent European success, in CL, 44k capacity
Real Betis, copa del rey winner 2021/22, in europa league 60k capacity
Granada, just won liga 2,unlikely to win anything else soon, 19k capacity

Malaga is my closest but I don't want to follow them

I'm swaying towards Betis but will go to all 3 and see which feels right
Second club? on 13:00 - Jun 8 with 6001 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Colchester for me, since I was born there.

Many people my age used to do Col U when Ipswich were away as well. I'm sure the tannoy at half time at PR used to tell us the ColU half time score.

Have been at Layer Rd many a time in the late 80's/early 90's when the town score was read out and it got a good cheer.

Wondering when the weird one-sided rivalry started tbh, probably with Burley.
Second club? on 13:06 - Jun 8 with 5950 viewsJ2BLUE

Second club? on 12:47 - Jun 8 by giant_stow

In order:

Arsenal
Orient
Hale End FC
Clapton Community FC
Walthamstow FC

... all get to enjoy my presence from time to time.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2023 12:47]

You're town, and you know you are
You're town

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Second club? on 13:06 - Jun 8 with 5947 viewsblueasfook

Second club? on 13:00 - Jun 8 by burnbudgiesburn

Colchester for me, since I was born there.

Many people my age used to do Col U when Ipswich were away as well. I'm sure the tannoy at half time at PR used to tell us the ColU half time score.

Have been at Layer Rd many a time in the late 80's/early 90's when the town score was read out and it got a good cheer.

Wondering when the weird one-sided rivalry started tbh, probably with Burley.

I loved the old Layer Rd ground. The new ground on the edge of town is just awful and awful location.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Second club? on 13:06 - Jun 8 with 5939 viewswkj

I wouldn't say I support a second club but I do pay attention to Arsenal and Newcastle results. NUFC is the Robson connection and I do think Arsene Wenger is one of my favourite non-town managers of all time, so by that virtue I have a fondness for the gunners.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2023 13:07]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Second club? on 13:07 - Jun 8 with 5942 viewsAero

Cambridge united for me.

My whole family are originally from Cambridge so I do have a soft spot for them.

This has faded recently as I preferred going to watch them at the Abbey as little old Cambridge in the conference. Less impressed when they got a late winner at Portman Road the other season.
Second club? on 13:11 - Jun 8 with 5907 viewsgiant_stow

Second club? on 13:06 - Jun 8 by J2BLUE

You're town

I did go to PR for an Arsenal game once, its true.

Edit: blimey, that dates me hey?!
[Post edited 8 Jun 2023 13:20]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Second club? on 13:11 - Jun 8 with 5908 viewsRobTheMonk

Support Ipswich Town, but have a liking for:

- Plymouth as used to go to home games with my cousin.
- Oxford as hometown team.
- Ajax because of total football.
- AC and Inter.
- Barca and Madrid mainly due to El Classico which is always a banger.
Second club? on 13:28 - Jun 8 with 5850 viewsBarcaBlue

Second club? on 12:55 - Jun 8 by jayessess

I love watching live football and Portman Road wasn't very accessible when I lived in Madrid, 2008-2011, so I got a season ticket for Rayo Vallecano (only 95€ or something like that). Active-ish since I moved back to England (gone on a couple of trips to go watch them), try to catch a stream of their games when I can.

I lived in Madrid between 1989 and 1992 and regularly went to the Bernabeu, and supported whoever they were playing. Having lived in Catalunya most of my adult life I'd rather Barça won than lost but thàt's as far as the emotion runs.

As for supporting a team , the only ones have been non-league sides when my son is playing.
Second club? on 13:34 - Jun 8 with 5827 viewsOsborneOneNil

Keep an eye on Weymouth, the town I live in.

Great escape last season, securing their National League South status on the same day Town were promoted by beating Exeter. Great day.

Even better that Yeovil and Torquay went down and will be in 'our' league this coming season.
Second club? on 13:37 - Jun 8 with 5816 viewsKieran_Knows

Grew up an Arsenal fan as my old man supports them, but got to 10 and my Auntie said enough was enough and started taking me to Town games and I haven't looked back since really.

Still keep an eye out for the Arsenal scores and that, but only really because of my Dad, not because I actually like them anymore.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Second club? on 13:37 - Jun 8 with 5807 viewsnoggin

Celtic, after their fans defied UEFA and displayed Palestine flags when playing some Israeli team in a EUROPEAN competition.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Second club? on 13:50 - Jun 8 with 5751 viewsrunaround

Crystal Palace
Due to being born about a mile away from Selhurst Park
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024