Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Decisions for Saturday 22:19 - Dec 12 with 2667 viewsGlasgowBlue

Clarke or Williams?

Clarke for me. Williams looked slightly off it tonight. Not played much football in the last few weeks.

Axel or Woolf?

Woolfenden. Has built up a great understanding with Burgess and Hladky. Axel needs more game time, which will come in January.

Broadhead or Harness or Hutchinson?

Broady is a big game player and scores important goals. But imo he is another who has been slightly off it since the international break. Harness never lets us down and he had a good game tonight. Kept the ball well. Omari is the wild card but maybe put him on to run at a tired Nodge defence. I can't call this between Broadhead and Harness.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Decisions for Saturday on 22:20 - Dec 12 with 2424 viewsDanTheMan

Agree on all 3.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Decisions for Saturday on 22:22 - Dec 12 with 2359 viewsVic

Clarke or Williams? Not a decision many thought would be needed a few weeks ago. Funny how things change so quickly.

I thought Harness and Hutch were really good tonight - hut really looks like he’s gained a lot of maturity in the last few weeks. I’d go for Broady to start - Harness seems better as a sub, and Hutch will frighten the life out of the budgies when he comes on when they are getting tired.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Decisions for Saturday on 22:27 - Dec 12 with 2322 viewsBseaBlue

I'd agree with Clarke and i dont think Harness deserves to be dropped after tonight. Woolfy I'm not sure on though. Only because I saw something about how many balls in the box Norwich utilise so Axel for his aerial presence maybe?

What do I know though. KMac could make 6 changes Saturday and still play a blinder. Absolute genius.
Decisions for Saturday on 22:27 - Dec 12 with 2305 viewsFrimleyBlue

Burns
Clarke
Broady

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Decisions for Saturday on 22:28 - Dec 12 with 2310 viewsSimonds92

Clarke has been really good since coming back into the team. He would be incredibly unlucky to miss out as long as he isnt concussed from being volleyed in the head!
Decisions for Saturday on 23:37 - Dec 12 with 2140 viewsBluespeed225

Decisions for Saturday on 22:28 - Dec 12 by Simonds92

Clarke has been really good since coming back into the team. He would be incredibly unlucky to miss out as long as he isnt concussed from being volleyed in the head!

This. he looked ok after what appeared to be really nasty clash. Even their bloke looked a bit distressed at first. Harry came through, but he might well be feeling it tomorrow.
Decisions for Saturday on 23:41 - Dec 12 with 2108 viewsNthQldITFC

Decisions for Saturday on 23:37 - Dec 12 by Bluespeed225

This. he looked ok after what appeared to be really nasty clash. Even their bloke looked a bit distressed at first. Harry came through, but he might well be feeling it tomorrow.

I think the fella's boot sort of cuddled his jawline so a fairly well spread impact really. Possibly a bit of a sore neck more than anything, but we'd all play in Saturday's after a minor decapitation today, would we not?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Decisions for Saturday on 23:43 - Dec 12 with 2093 viewspointofblue

Decisions for Saturday on 22:20 - Dec 12 by DanTheMan

Agree on all 3.

Before tonight I would have said Williams ahead of Clarke, but we certainly looked more solid on the right with Clarke on there.

I doubt we'll want to overuse Tuanzebe so Woolfenden back for Norwich. I do wonder what the plan is if Burgess heads to the Asian Cup though - Woolfenden on the right and Tuanzebe the left in the new year?

Return to our first choice front four - Burns, Chaplin, Broadhead, Hirst.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Decisions for Saturday on 23:58 - Dec 12 with 2048 viewskizaitfc

Team that lined up against Coventry please!

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Decisions for Saturday on 00:36 - Dec 13 with 1932 viewsJ2BLUE

I think the decisions have already been made.

I would be surprised if it wasn't Clarke, Woolf and Broadhead. Burns as well.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Decisions for Saturday on 08:12 - Dec 13 with 1718 viewsyorkshireblue

Decisions for Saturday on 23:43 - Dec 12 by pointofblue

Before tonight I would have said Williams ahead of Clarke, but we certainly looked more solid on the right with Clarke on there.

I doubt we'll want to overuse Tuanzebe so Woolfenden back for Norwich. I do wonder what the plan is if Burgess heads to the Asian Cup though - Woolfenden on the right and Tuanzebe the left in the new year?

Return to our first choice front four - Burns, Chaplin, Broadhead, Hirst.

I expect we are a way off seeing Tuanzebe twice in a week, so Woolfy back and then Tuanzebe in for Leeds to counter their pace
Decisions for Saturday on 08:23 - Dec 13 with 1663 viewsHerbivore

Decisions for Saturday on 00:36 - Dec 13 by J2BLUE

Yep, this. I think that's now settled down as our 'first choice' XI but with a few positions where we can rotate without it being a drop off in quality. Clarke came in for some harsh stick early season but recently he's played his way into good form whereas Williams hasn't quite looked at it since the international break. Harness is playing well but no way do you drop Broadhead for him, for all the talk of Broady not being at his best, he's got a goal and an assist from his last two games at PR.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2023 8:49]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Decisions for Saturday on 08:27 - Dec 13 with 1636 viewshype313

Decisions for Saturday on 08:23 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

Yep, this. I think that's now settled down as our 'first choice' XI but with a few positions where we can rotate without it being a drop off in quality. Clarke came in for some harsh stick early season but recently he's played his way into good form whereas Williams hasn't quite looked at it since the international break. Harness is playing well but no way do you drop Broadhead for him, for all the talk of Broady not being at his best, he's got a goal and an assist from his last two games at PR.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2023 8:49]

Yep, Broady has been off it and frustratingly seems too easy to get the ball from, however he is one of the players that does have that X Factor and can spot a pass from nowhere. Harness has been excellent and can't fault his effort, but Broady for me with Harness coming on against tired legs.

The key thing this season has been if one player has been patchy, the other seems to be on form and can easily replace, which has been a big part in our success.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Decisions for Saturday on 09:22 - Dec 13 with 1534 viewsRobTheMonk

Clarke and Wolf. Local lads who will relish the chance to play in the game vs Norwich.

I think probably Broadhead to start even though he's looked a little off it recently. When he's on it though, he's fantastic.
Decisions for Saturday on 09:45 - Dec 13 with 1485 viewsFifeITFC

I was concerned about the prospect of Morsy picking up a booking last night that ruled him out of 2 big games, but he kept his discipline really well, did nothing silly and had a great game and scored a well-taken goal.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Decisions for Saturday on 09:50 - Dec 13 with 1453 viewsnrb1985

Decisions for Saturday on 08:12 - Dec 13 by yorkshireblue

I expect we are a way off seeing Tuanzebe twice in a week, so Woolfy back and then Tuanzebe in for Leeds to counter their pace

I would really like to see us go to a three at the back for that Leeds game personally and use all three CBs, with an extra man midfield too.

If it becomes a bit of a basketball match like it was at times yesterday, and when we played them at PR, I do think that probably favours them. A draw would be a cracking result for us there.

All eyes on Saturday first of course.
Decisions for Saturday on 09:54 - Dec 13 with 1431 viewsGlasgowBlue

Decisions for Saturday on 00:36 - Dec 13 by J2BLUE

Burns was never on my list of decisions to be made. Big game player with the right temperament for the derby.

Iron Lion Zion

Decisions for Saturday on 09:56 - Dec 13 with 1402 viewsGlasgowBlue

Decisions for Saturday on 09:50 - Dec 13 by nrb1985

I would really like to see us go to a three at the back for that Leeds game personally and use all three CBs, with an extra man midfield too.

If it becomes a bit of a basketball match like it was at times yesterday, and when we played them at PR, I do think that probably favours them. A draw would be a cracking result for us there.

I don't see KM changing the system for one game, but I agree that three at the back would work against Leeds. Axel, Woolf and Burgess.

A draw would be a great result.

Iron Lion Zion

Decisions for Saturday on 09:58 - Dec 13 with 1379 views_clive_baker_

Think it was always likely to be a return to this:

Hladky
Clarke Woolfy Burgess Davis
Morsy Luongo
Burns Chaplin Broadhead
Hirst

Injuries and suspensions permitting.
Decisions for Saturday on 10:04 - Dec 13 with 1342 viewsnrb1985

Decisions for Saturday on 09:56 - Dec 13 by GlasgowBlue

I don't see KM changing the system for one game, but I agree that three at the back would work against Leeds. Axel, Woolf and Burgess.

A draw would be a great result.

I think you're right but if we win on Saturday that might change the mindset a bit. Could probably do with him channeling his inner Mourinho if that were to be the case!

Not that we need to be defensive as such but it's a game they would then need to win considerably more than us so might not be prudent to turn it into a shootout.
Decisions for Saturday on 10:11 - Dec 13 with 1303 viewsjpr_23

Decisions for Saturday on 09:58 - Dec 13 by _clive_baker_

Think it was always likely to be a return to this:

Hladky
Clarke Woolfy Burgess Davis
Morsy Luongo
Burns Chaplin Broadhead
Hirst

Injuries and suspensions permitting.

Are we not expecting a last minute surprise like the last derby match at Portman Road, when Gerkin got the nod ahead of Bart?

Still don't get it!

Blog: Why We Need a New Five-Year Plan

Decisions for Saturday on 10:20 - Dec 13 with 1259 viewsitfcjoe

I think the team picks itself for Saturday, so in answer to your post

Clarke
Woolf
Broadhead

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Decisions for Saturday on 16:55 - Dec 13 with 1084 viewsRadlett_blue

Williams wasn't at his best last night. He gave the dangerous Sema too much space & most dangerous Watford attacks came from that flank. Clarke stuck much tighter, which I guess he was told to do, but he also had time for one typical marauding run forwards. Clarke for me on Saturday.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Decisions for Saturday on 17:05 - Dec 13 with 1045 viewsNthQldITFC

Decisions for Saturday on 09:50 - Dec 13 by nrb1985

I can see the argument for that based on the players we have, specifically what looks like a very powerful and balanced back three of Woolf-Axel-Burgess - but I can equally see the argument from people who will say "why on earth would we change the way we play!"

I suspect it will be something KMc has considered, and it would be lovely to have a radical change like that (tried and tuned up on the training pitch) in our arsenal - I just have so much faith that whatever they do, it will be the right thing.

I also think you're right in your implication that Watford and Leeds are quite similar sides stylistically, though Leeds have more about them.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2023 17:06]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Decisions for Saturday on 17:14 - Dec 13 with 1002 viewsOldFart71

We have in McKenna a manager to leave the decisions to. How many would have chanced Morsy last night ? Result he scored the winning goal. Whatever you call it ? Luck or brilliance KM has a bit of luck and a lot of brilliance.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024