Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Edwards has left Town 13:29 - Jan 11 with 2684 viewsSitfcB

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2024/january/11/kyle-edwards-leaves-ipswich-town/

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Kyle Edwards has left Town on 13:31 - Jan 11 with 2471 viewsMetal_Hacker

Have just seen this too

Did wonder if it’s making way for an addition

Poll: If it were one or the other

Kyle Edwards has left Town on 13:33 - Jan 11 with 2392 viewsParky

What a shame, he’s better than some of the players we still have in the squad. Hope he smashes it wherever he ends up next.
Kyle Edwards has left Town on 13:33 - Jan 11 with 2380 viewsWoolfenthen

A shame he couldn't fulfill his potential here, there's a really good player in there somewhere but if Kieran can't get it out then who can?
Kyle Edwards has left Town on 13:36 - Jan 11 with 2302 viewsSomethingBlue

Huge shame, best one-on-one player we've had since Petta and a cracking lad too, hope it works out for him somewhere soon.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Kyle Edwards has left Town on 13:38 - Jan 11 with 2271 viewsitfcsuth

What a guy first and foremost - one of the most infectious characters you will see.

Hopefully can get himself fit and kick start his career again, because there is a real player there.

I'm sure he leaves with everybody's best wishes! Will always be remembered for being an important member of the 2022/2023 promotion boys!
Kyle Edwards has left Town on 13:38 - Jan 11 with 2256 viewsblue_curacao

Kyle Edwards has left Town on 13:31 - Jan 11 by Metal_Hacker

Have just seen this too

Did wonder if it’s making way for an addition

I'm guessing it was down to a choice of continuing to pay his wages while injured vs holding on for a transfer fee at the end of the season. I suspect Oxford will work with him now to get him fit and then sign him on a free.

Top bloke and clearly well liked within the squad. Was fabulous on the pitch at times. I hope he does well with Oxford
Kyle Edwards has left Town on 13:42 - Jan 11 with 2165 viewstonybied

Kyle Edwards has left Town on 13:38 - Jan 11 by blue_curacao

I'm guessing it was down to a choice of continuing to pay his wages while injured vs holding on for a transfer fee at the end of the season. I suspect Oxford will work with him now to get him fit and then sign him on a free.

Top bloke and clearly well liked within the squad. Was fabulous on the pitch at times. I hope he does well with Oxford

No brainer really. His contract was up so we wouldn't have received a fee even if we hadn't terminated his contract.
Kyle Edwards has left Town on 13:46 - Jan 11 with 2111 viewsJ2BLUE

I hope he gets a good move. Disappointing it didn't work here.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Kyle Edwards has left Town on 13:46 - Jan 11 with 2119 viewstextbackup

I know he’s injured still, but when fit I fail to see what some others in the squad bring to the table over him.
[Post edited 11 Jan 14:01]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Kyle Edwards has left Town on 13:50 - Jan 11 with 2043 viewsSteve_M

Kyle Edwards has left Town on 13:38 - Jan 11 by blue_curacao

And if he's a free agent he can presumably sign for them once he's fit. This says much more about KE's situation than any incoming deal.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Kyle Edwards has left Town on 13:54 - Jan 11 with 1967 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Kyle Edwards has left Town on 13:46 - Jan 11 by textbackup

I know he’s injured still, but when fit I fail to see what some others in the squad bring to the table over him.

Firstly, are we honestly saying you would start him over anyone in our midfield this season? The midfield that has been creating masses of chances and firing goals to get us up to second in the Championship, and in some style? If so who is he better than who plays regularly in our team, because I would love to know!

Secondly, what I will say for Edwards is he was a fantastic guy and brilliant with our young supporters, never hesitated to have a picture, chat or sign something and everyone he interacted with had nothing but good things to say.

I expect this is actually the best move for him, he can get fit at Oxford and sign there for free when he's able, I don't think the plan was to ever have him come back here as he wanted to play regularly and he wasn't going to be a starter here in the Championship.
Kyle Edwards has left Town on 13:57 - Jan 11 with 1931 viewsVaughan8

Kyle Edwards has left Town on 13:46 - Jan 11 by textbackup

Lets be honest here, if we are saying Jackson and Ladapo aren't good enough for top half of Championship neither is this guy. He barely got a look in, in League 1.
Kyle Edwards has left Town on 13:58 - Jan 11 with 1924 viewsMookamoo

Lets not forget, we wouldn't be where we are now without his impact vs Port Vale at home
Kyle Edwards has left Town on 13:59 - Jan 11 with 1897 viewslucas10

Clearly a talented player and seemingly a fantastic bloke, who at his best, opens doors in matches that others in the squad cannot, however 3 goals in over 60 appearances tells its own story. At the level we're now operating at, we need players in his position who contribute end product and numbers, directly impacting the result of matches. Despite his ability, he does not do this regularly enough.

Fun player to watch though so sad to see him go!
Kyle Edwards has left Town on 14:02 - Jan 11 with 1858 viewsFrimleyBlue

Kyle Edwards has left Town on 13:54 - Jan 11 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Firstly, are we honestly saying you would start him over anyone in our midfield this season? The midfield that has been creating masses of chances and firing goals to get us up to second in the Championship, and in some style? If so who is he better than who plays regularly in our team, because I would love to know!

Secondly, what I will say for Edwards is he was a fantastic guy and brilliant with our young supporters, never hesitated to have a picture, chat or sign something and everyone he interacted with had nothing but good things to say.

I expect this is actually the best move for him, he can get fit at Oxford and sign there for free when he's able, I don't think the plan was to ever have him come back here as he wanted to play regularly and he wasn't going to be a starter here in the Championship.

I don't see an upgrade with Hutchinson or Harness being honest. And probably a fit edwards is a better option than the Aluko who's legs seem to have aged 5 years in the space of one lol.

Harness does show glimpses of something occasionally though and hutch is prob going to become a really good player, but presently he pretty much is an edwards but probably on higher wages, oh and not injured.
[Post edited 11 Jan 14:09]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Kyle Edwards has left Town on 14:02 - Jan 11 with 1854 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good luck to him. Loved watching him play and a real shame we couldn't find a role for his talent.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Kyle Edwards has left Town on 14:02 - Jan 11 with 1843 viewsZx1988

Kyle Edwards has left Town on 13:42 - Jan 11 by tonybied

No brainer really. His contract was up so we wouldn't have received a fee even if we hadn't terminated his contract.

I imagine paying-off his contract might work out a little bit cheaper as well?

Something along the lines of (hypothetical figures, of course): "you can have £5k a week for the next 20 weeks, or we'll give you £80k today"?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Kyle Edwards has left Town on 14:04 - Jan 11 with 1812 viewstextbackup

Kyle Edwards has left Town on 13:54 - Jan 11 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Nope, I said some others in the squad.

As you say, best for him as he can hopefully establish himself as a starter somewhere

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Kyle Edwards has left Town on 15:11 - Jan 11 with 1497 viewsAlberto_the_frog

He's the kind of player I tend to like, but McK did say that Sarmiento would fill that gap. Good luck to Kyle. Another one gone with no added value, but at least he was a free signing for us.
Kyle Edwards has left Town on 16:19 - Jan 11 with 1328 viewsdavblue

Kyle Edwards has left Town on 14:02 - Jan 11 by FrimleyBlue

I don't see an upgrade with Hutchinson or Harness being honest. And probably a fit edwards is a better option than the Aluko who's legs seem to have aged 5 years in the space of one lol.

Harness does show glimpses of something occasionally though and hutch is prob going to become a really good player, but presently he pretty much is an edwards but probably on higher wages, oh and not injured.
[Post edited 11 Jan 14:09]

Hutchinson is a much better player.
Kyle Edwards has left Town on 16:24 - Jan 11 with 1305 viewsVegtablue

I hope this wasn't your news of the day Keno 🤕
Kyle Edwards has left Town on 16:43 - Jan 11 with 1242 viewsFrimleyBlue

Kyle Edwards has left Town on 16:19 - Jan 11 by davblue

Hutchinson is a much better player.

I reckon he will be.

But he's gone from exciting to frustrating to why recently. His end product is terrible.

He has many positives however and of course lots of time on his side. It's more a shame of us we are that first loan club rather than seeing him a few senior years into the game.

Waka waka eh eh

Kyle Edwards has left Town on 19:27 - Jan 11 with 1062 views44_not_out

Kyle Edwards has left Town on 16:43 - Jan 11 by FrimleyBlue

I reckon he will be.

But he's gone from exciting to frustrating to why recently. His end product is terrible.

He has many positives however and of course lots of time on his side. It's more a shame of us we are that first loan club rather than seeing him a few senior years into the game.

‘Terrible’ really….. what nonsense but I suppose we should never be shocked by what you write

He’s played 890 league minutes (just under 10 games) and has two goals and two assists….. certainly not ‘terrible’
Kyle Edwards has left Town on 19:33 - Jan 11 with 1052 viewsFrimleyBlue

Kyle Edwards has left Town on 19:27 - Jan 11 by 44_not_out

‘Terrible’ really….. what nonsense but I suppose we should never be shocked by what you write

He’s played 890 league minutes (just under 10 games) and has two goals and two assists….. certainly not ‘terrible’

If you've watched him and seen his collection of final decision making yes it's terrible.

However let's me fair to him he's young and has plenty of time to develop and I think he will have great career.

Waka waka eh eh

Kyle Edwards has left Town on 17:54 - Jan 12 with 725 viewsdavblue

Kyle Edwards has left Town on 16:43 - Jan 11 by FrimleyBlue

I reckon he will be.

I like Edwards but I think he is a more frustrating player than Hutchinson. I can’t remember what game it was but in the autumn Hutchinson came on for 25 minutes and ripped the other team apart and it was a level above anything Edwards done.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024