Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. 07:26 - May 25 with 8597 viewshomer_123

Frankly, it's embarrassing.

Some of you lot don't deserve the last couple of years.

The garbage, vitriol and general sh*t being posted is a slight on the Club and on KM.

Wind your necks in and STFU.
[Post edited 25 May 7:46]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:58 - May 25 with 1181 viewsJimmy86

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:42 - May 25 by The_Flashing_Smile

"It goes completely against the grain, regarding the tightening up the club has done in relation to its dealings with the media"

We're in the big league now, it's the nature of the beast.

"for such a measured and classy person this doesn't reflect well on McKenna, it just doesn't.."

What has he actually done that isn't measured or classy? Repeating "it just doesn't" doesn't make it any more true.

"I can't fathom why he isn't looking to manage town...it's just madness"

The madness is yours I'm afraid. No evidence whatsoever that he isn't looking to manage town. Get a grip.

Wow, you really picked my post apart didn't you....

1. We are in the big league now and it is the price of success, I agree 100%

2. McKenna has always conducted himself with absolute class in everything that he's done... But, the way this has played out is anything but, in my opinion... Yes he has agents/representatives etc, but you'd be naive to think he hasn't had any input into the fact they have seemingly spoken with other clubs...

3. Was just a personal opinion, which I'm entitled to... There's also no smoke without fire.. IF and it's a big IF he wants out, for me that's a real kick in the teeth
What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:59 - May 25 with 1179 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:42 - May 25 by The_Flashing_Smile

"It goes completely against the grain, regarding the tightening up the club has done in relation to its dealings with the media"

We're in the big league now, it's the nature of the beast.

"for such a measured and classy person this doesn't reflect well on McKenna, it just doesn't.."

What has he actually done that isn't measured or classy? Repeating "it just doesn't" doesn't make it any more true.

"I can't fathom why he isn't looking to manage town...it's just madness"

The madness is yours I'm afraid. No evidence whatsoever that he isn't looking to manage town. Get a grip.

Answered.
[Post edited 25 May 8:59]

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 09:00 - May 25 with 1164 viewsJimmy86

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:59 - May 25 by The_Flashing_Smile

Answered.
[Post edited 25 May 8:59]

I responded to you, see above...
What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 09:04 - May 25 with 1144 viewsmutters

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 07:36 - May 25 by SitfcB

God forbid some people be annoyed at a bloke we all love leaving us eh.

But like I said the other, should be saved for when/if it actually happens.

I didnt realise that you were such a Rishi fan? ;-)

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 09:05 - May 25 with 1143 viewsbudgiebasher

I think that it’s a small minority of fans in reality but unfortunately they have the platform and are disproportionately heard. It’s the same with any organisation or group unfortunately and it is best just not to given credence or more attention imho. I’m certain 9/10 town fans feel the same - will be gutted if he goes but eternally grateful for the short but supercharged time he has given us. Fwiw, I think he will end up at Utd and who could begrudge him that. If he does go, we will need to put our collective energy into trying to turn the negative into positive which will undoubtedly be hard but not Impossible. There are other fantastic young mangers out there and thankfully we have the structure and team in place to give us the best chance of finding them.

Poll: Who should be the next manager of ITFC

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 09:05 - May 25 with 1139 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:58 - May 25 by Jimmy86

Wow, you really picked my post apart didn't you....

1. We are in the big league now and it is the price of success, I agree 100%

2. McKenna has always conducted himself with absolute class in everything that he's done... But, the way this has played out is anything but, in my opinion... Yes he has agents/representatives etc, but you'd be naive to think he hasn't had any input into the fact they have seemingly spoken with other clubs...

3. Was just a personal opinion, which I'm entitled to... There's also no smoke without fire.. IF and it's a big IF he wants out, for me that's a real kick in the teeth

1. You agree with me. Good, we're getting somewhere.

2. "in my opinion" - so you admit you have no actual evidence.

3. "personal opinion" - again, no evidence. You're entitled to it, however feckwitted it is, and people are entitled to point out there's no evidence. You also didn't use "if" before. And as I've said on these pages before, "no smoke without fire" is the stupidest phrase ever. It's essentially saying all rumours are true, which is obviously nonsense.

POST OF THE DAY (n/t) on 09:09 - May 25 with 1121 viewsunstableblue

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:32 - May 25 by chicoazul

2 weeks ago everyone was overcome by McK helping to clean up the park after the party and now after his reps may have spoken with two of the biggest clubs in Europe about their vacancies certain TWTDers think he is Satan incarnate. I’m loving every minute.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 09:21 - May 25 with 1083 viewsJimmy86

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 09:05 - May 25 by The_Flashing_Smile

1. You agree with me. Good, we're getting somewhere.

2. "in my opinion" - so you admit you have no actual evidence.

3. "personal opinion" - again, no evidence. You're entitled to it, however feckwitted it is, and people are entitled to point out there's no evidence. You also didn't use "if" before. And as I've said on these pages before, "no smoke without fire" is the stupidest phrase ever. It's essentially saying all rumours are true, which is obviously nonsense.

I'm not going to get into an argument with you over it... You love a bit of evidence, have you considered a career in law enforcement? 🤣

Not everything as a football fan is based on evidence... People have opinions that might differ from yours.. do they have to have evidence to back up a personal opinion? Not so sure...

Evidence that is there, is the fact his representatives have contacted these clubs, man united especially regarding the managerial roles at said club... In the case of Man United, there is currently no vacancy at present.. that evidence has been reported by SSN

The opinion I gave regarding acting with class, or perhaps a lack of it surrounds the above... All we've heard from McKenna publicly is "there will always be speculation, however it's not my focus right now" yet running parallel to this, his representatives are in talks with other clubs about their roles... We don't know whether these talks were instigated by the agents, or by the clubs concerned.

McKenna hasn't said he wants to leave, admittedly... But the fact that this has involved his representatives and that they are so public with it all, raises concerns about his commitment to town? That is why I made the comment about I couldn't fathom why he wouldn't want to manage town in the premiership, for at least one season
Login to get fewer ads

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 09:39 - May 25 with 1042 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 09:21 - May 25 by Jimmy86

I'm not going to get into an argument with you over it... You love a bit of evidence, have you considered a career in law enforcement? 🤣

Not everything as a football fan is based on evidence... People have opinions that might differ from yours.. do they have to have evidence to back up a personal opinion? Not so sure...

Evidence that is there, is the fact his representatives have contacted these clubs, man united especially regarding the managerial roles at said club... In the case of Man United, there is currently no vacancy at present.. that evidence has been reported by SSN

The opinion I gave regarding acting with class, or perhaps a lack of it surrounds the above... All we've heard from McKenna publicly is "there will always be speculation, however it's not my focus right now" yet running parallel to this, his representatives are in talks with other clubs about their roles... We don't know whether these talks were instigated by the agents, or by the clubs concerned.

McKenna hasn't said he wants to leave, admittedly... But the fact that this has involved his representatives and that they are so public with it all, raises concerns about his commitment to town? That is why I made the comment about I couldn't fathom why he wouldn't want to manage town in the premiership, for at least one season

Evidence is quite important if you want your opinion to be based on something, and not ridiculed.

You talk about representatives a lot - none of which are McKenna himself. There has been lots of talk that this is all being pushed by his representatives, and Phil Ham has said he doesn't think McKenna himself is pushing for a move. Again, this isn't evidence, but you seem happy to take tabloid rumours as evidence but not the more positive thoughts of Phil and others.

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 09:51 - May 25 with 1015 viewsJimmy86

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 09:39 - May 25 by The_Flashing_Smile

Evidence is quite important if you want your opinion to be based on something, and not ridiculed.

You talk about representatives a lot - none of which are McKenna himself. There has been lots of talk that this is all being pushed by his representatives, and Phil Ham has said he doesn't think McKenna himself is pushing for a move. Again, this isn't evidence, but you seem happy to take tabloid rumours as evidence but not the more positive thoughts of Phil and others.

I am going by what has been reported by sky sports news, not a tabloid newspaper... McKenna may not be angling for a move away, in which case, why are his representatives speaking with other clubs? They act either on his instruction as his client, or on his behalf... He could also shut them down.. if you think that his agents are talking to other clubs without his knowledge or input then I'd suggest you're naive..

You're picking an argument with me, for no reason.. I'm not arguing with you anymore.. I've given an opinion, in a balanced way I might add and you've jumped all over it... You're the only one ridiculing my opinion btw..
What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 09:59 - May 25 with 1002 viewswkj

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 09:51 - May 25 by Jimmy86

I am going by what has been reported by sky sports news, not a tabloid newspaper... McKenna may not be angling for a move away, in which case, why are his representatives speaking with other clubs? They act either on his instruction as his client, or on his behalf... He could also shut them down.. if you think that his agents are talking to other clubs without his knowledge or input then I'd suggest you're naive..

You're picking an argument with me, for no reason.. I'm not arguing with you anymore.. I've given an opinion, in a balanced way I might add and you've jumped all over it... You're the only one ridiculing my opinion btw..

Because that is the job of agents, to make sure their client's future is well taken care of. If this creates a more lucrative contract with a juicy agent fee, then the agents will have done their job - regardless of where that contract is (including us).

In an ideal world the players and manager will be true blue as the fans are, but those days are long gone - its cutthroat and who knows when (or if) McKenna's managerial bubble will burst. Look at John Greggory who was a popular manager in the 90s - he suddenly fell from grace.

Like others have stated - many ex-players have already made their millions, McKenna's footballing career was robbed of him - he has the right to know what offers may be on the table and if he can secure his future for his family. It is horrible to admit it, but that's always more important than the employer's wishes.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 10:05 - May 25 with 987 viewsGuthrum

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:18 - May 25 by Jimmy86

I personally think, that the way this has all played out in the public domain and in the media is not a good look at all. It goes completely against the grain, regarding the tightening up the club has done in relation to its dealings with the media

I know football is a brutal business, but for such a measured and classy person this doesn't reflect well on McKenna, it just doesn't..

It is disrespectful to ITFC and certainly with regards to Man Utd, as Ten Hag is still in post, possibly not for much longer, admittedly...

When I stood in Christchurch park at the bus parade/promotion celebration I would never have imagined that only a couple of weeks later we'd be at this juncture... I can't fathom why he isn't looking to manage town for at least one season in the premiership when he worked so hard to get us there, it's just madness and that's what has ruled people

The man himself might be intending to stay here for the coming season, at least*. His agents are doing their job by responding to interest from other clubs**. Unfortunately, perhaps partly driven by those suitors wanting to push the narrative in their favour, this has become a noisy and messy process. No actual offers have reportedly been made yet***. ITFC is fighting to keep McKenna at the club****.

* Comments by Phil in a couple of threads that he would leave with a 'heavy heart'.
** Yesterday's thread on agents started by Alberto_the_Frog with contributions by WolfieAtTheBack
*** Various newspapers
**** More newspapers, Schwartz coming over

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 10:29 - May 25 with 944 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Chill out bro.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 10:34 - May 25 with 931 viewsPlums

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:18 - May 25 by Jimmy86

I personally think, that the way this has all played out in the public domain and in the media is not a good look at all. It goes completely against the grain, regarding the tightening up the club has done in relation to its dealings with the media

I know football is a brutal business, but for such a measured and classy person this doesn't reflect well on McKenna, it just doesn't..

It is disrespectful to ITFC and certainly with regards to Man Utd, as Ten Hag is still in post, possibly not for much longer, admittedly...

When I stood in Christchurch park at the bus parade/promotion celebration I would never have imagined that only a couple of weeks later we'd be at this juncture... I can't fathom why he isn't looking to manage town for at least one season in the premiership when he worked so hard to get us there, it's just madness and that's what has ruled people

How do you know he isn't 'looking to manage town for at least one season in the premiership' (sic)?

There has been nothing said publicly by any party to indicate this isn't the case and yet we seem to have people p***ing their pants all over the internet. I thought we were better than this.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 10:45 - May 25 with 909 viewsBloomBlue

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 07:36 - May 25 by SitfcB

God forbid some people be annoyed at a bloke we all love leaving us eh.

But like I said the other, should be saved for when/if it actually happens.

It's not people getting upset at the leaving it's the personal attacks on him that have started.
People need to understand its a job to him, millions of people have changed jobs.

How would anyone feel if they were reviewing options for moving jobs and their customers starting along the lines of 'feck off, you disloyal *****'. 'I hope you fail if you go to company xyz'

Also the constant making up lies, people posting KM is the new ManU manager after the rumour Ten Hag was going to be sacked.

You can be upset but without the personal attacks some people have started

I also agree with the original comment, I've always said we have some of the most entitled fans in the Country.

Ironically the few Chelsea fans I know have always said Town and Spurs fan are the most entitled, thinking just because the last won something 40 years ago it entitles them.
What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 10:47 - May 25 with 914 viewsTangledupin_Blue

I don't think you are pretending. You really don't understand stuff.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 11:03 - May 25 with 888 viewsJimmy86

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 10:47 - May 25 by Tangledupin_Blue

I don't think you are pretending. You really don't understand stuff.

What on earth are you going on about?!
What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 11:08 - May 25 with 865 viewspointofblue

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:25 - May 25 by wkj

McKenna hasn't really said very much at all, yet people are convinced he is orchestrating all of this. While he could leave us, I don't think McKenna is sat there having a laugh right now.
[Post edited 25 May 9:38]

As much as it hurts I agree with the last sentence.

At best it's a load of pressure speculation, McKenna has told Ashton and Schwartz the score but having to accept the reaction as part of the current footballing climate, where any statement would clarify at this time wouldn't help matters - not necessarily at this moment but in the short to long term future.

At worst, he is considering moving on but has lost control of the media scrum, possibly due to overzealous agents. He is sitting, waiting, aware how he is now being perceived to some, but now caught up in events.

There are also a lot of permutations in between.

Whatever happens, I just hope Brighton, Chelsea and Manchester United appoint quickly. Though if United, for example, appoint Frank we may have all this with Brentford too. It is the nature of the beast.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 11:12 - May 25 with 845 viewsfooters

Indeed.

Some of the temper tantrums have been quite funny to read though.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 11:13 - May 25 with 848 viewscressi

Really I think you need to get in the real world. Football is emotional and we don't know the facts, but it don't have a good look what's going on. Serious enough for the main man to fly in from America.
What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 11:19 - May 25 with 827 viewsredrickstuhaart

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 11:13 - May 25 by cressi

Really I think you need to get in the real world. Football is emotional and we don't know the facts, but it don't have a good look what's going on. Serious enough for the main man to fly in from America.

It has a perfectly reasonable look. Speculation, and no need to comment. What else should be done at a point when things aren't certain? People are actually at risk of damaging the club with this pathetic bedwetting and entitlement. Do you really think people are immune to all this? What reaction would you have, if you were KM and read some of this stuff?
What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 11:20 - May 25 with 822 viewsSwansea_Blue

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 08:32 - May 25 by chicoazul

2 weeks ago everyone was overcome by McK helping to clean up the park after the party and now after his reps may have spoken with two of the biggest clubs in Europe about their vacancies certain TWTDers think he is Satan incarnate. I’m loving every minute.

Hilarious innit. It’s another classic TWTD period in the making.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 11:24 - May 25 with 811 viewsSuffolkPunchFC

It's is embarrassing and also demonstrates a massive level of naivety.

All these assumptions that Kieran is *driving* a move away from Town, without a shred of evidence that it is at his instigation. And naïve comments that he could 'shut it down'.

Over my many years of employment I have been fortunate enough to have head hunters contact me to sound me out for opportunities with other employers. I have not instigated this, but have always spoken to them to see what is on offer, even when I've been very satisfied with my current position. Why not listen, understand the opportunity - sometimes you may find yourself surprisingly interested in the opportunity. The conversation would often have gone on for days, if not weeks, and may have even resulted in agreeing to meeting up. Then, if it wasn't for me, just respectfully thank them for the interest, and decline (sometimes they would be persistent, and I'd have to decline multiple times).

Was I wrong to 'entertain' the head hunter, even with little interest in moving? Did it demonstrate a lack of loyalty to my current employer? I don't believe so. I'm also a great believer in 'not burning bridges' in these situations - you never know what the future holds.

So all those criticising Kieran for not 'shutting down the conversation', stop being so naïve, grow up and join the rest of us in the 'real world' of employment, and the results of being very good in your chosen career.
What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 11:25 - May 25 with 806 viewshunty21

It's embarrassing if you have social media if you don't then the majority of fans are sitting and waiting in mckenna and MA we trust
What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 11:42 - May 25 with 778 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

What an ungrateful entitled lot we seem to have as fans. on 09:51 - May 25 by Jimmy86

I'm now laughing at the idea you think Sky Sports News is some bastian of truth seeking investigative journalism and way above the tabloids.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024