Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's play a guessing game... 20:00 - Oct 28 with 5293 viewsBluefish

Who had the worst ball retention last night

I'll give you a clue, it is the same player that has been in the bottom 2 for it in every game that we have records for this season (usually last)

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Let's play a guessing game... on 20:36 - Oct 28 with 3289 viewsBasuco

Akinde?
Let's play a guessing game... on 20:39 - Oct 28 with 3285 viewsclive_baker

It's no surprise at all that a winger ranks lower in that regard given the nature of how they should play. Attacking play and crosses into the box have a lower success rate that a 10 yard square ball at centre half, no sh1t.

Doubling down on this Edwards thing just makes you look like a massive berk to be honest. The reality is he's probably the most creative player we have in our squad. He's certainly no world beater, but we're deluding ourselves if we think he's not good enough for being in or around our side, as he's proved with his contribution so far this season.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Let's play a guessing game... on 20:41 - Oct 28 with 3285 viewsIllinoisblue

If one must entertain your psychotic obsession, a winger’s stats will always skew that way with regard to retention; not every cross will be met by a team mate. But then you knew that.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Let's play a guessing game... on 20:43 - Oct 28 with 3260 viewsBluefish

Let's play a guessing game... on 20:39 - Oct 28 by clive_baker

It's no surprise at all that a winger ranks lower in that regard given the nature of how they should play. Attacking play and crosses into the box have a lower success rate that a 10 yard square ball at centre half, no sh1t.

Doubling down on this Edwards thing just makes you look like a massive berk to be honest. The reality is he's probably the most creative player we have in our squad. He's certainly no world beater, but we're deluding ourselves if we think he's not good enough for being in or around our side, as he's proved with his contribution so far this season.

Our most creative player that rarely completes a forward pass in the opposition half.

Wide players are expected to less but he always ranks the lowest of them

Sad for you that you can't see it

Let's play a guessing game... on 20:47 - Oct 28 with 3252 viewsBluefish

Let's play a guessing game... on 20:41 - Oct 28 by Illinoisblue

If one must entertain your psychotic obsession, a winger’s stats will always skew that way with regard to retention; not every cross will be met by a team mate. But then you knew that.

Just so we are clear....it is my obsession that means his retention levels are officially and unofficially the lowest each and every game and it is because he is a winger that means he comes out lowest of the wingers.

Got it

Let's play a guessing game... on 20:49 - Oct 28 with 3242 viewsSpruceMoose

Let's play a guessing game... on 20:41 - Oct 28 by Illinoisblue

I mean, anyone who knows the first thing about football would know that intuitively.

So, is blubbers trolling, or did he genuinely not know that?

It's a conundrum.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Let's play a guessing game... on 20:51 - Oct 28 with 3219 viewsKeno

Was it Phil?

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Let's play a guessing game... on 20:52 - Oct 28 with 3222 viewsSpruceMoose

Let's play a guessing game... on 20:51 - Oct 28 by Keno

Was it Phil?

Ball retention. Not hair retention.

I'll get me coat. Footers, take over here.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Let's play a guessing game... on 20:53 - Oct 28 with 3217 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Let's play a guessing game... on 20:51 - Oct 28 by Keno

Was it Phil?

No.
Steve Evans is the correct answer on account of him being unable to find underpants of a large enough size.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Let's play a guessing game... on 21:02 - Oct 28 with 3164 viewsjaykay

Let's play a guessing game... on 20:43 - Oct 28 by Bluefish

Our most creative player that rarely completes a forward pass in the opposition half.

Wide players are expected to less but he always ranks the lowest of them

Sad for you that you can't see it

but he played a big part in making our goal ,with a pass with his head

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Let's play a guessing game... on 21:44 - Oct 28 with 3046 viewsSomethingBlue

Who transformed the attack for the winner with a clever header for Ward? Who beat his man, got to the line and cut back perfectly for Sears in one of our best chances of the first half? Who had a good shot from 20 yards that the keeper tipped round the post just before the winner?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Let's play a guessing game... on 21:50 - Oct 28 with 3023 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Embarrassing

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Let's play a guessing game... on 22:11 - Oct 28 with 2961 viewsBluefish

Let's play a guessing game... on 21:44 - Oct 28 by SomethingBlue

Who transformed the attack for the winner with a clever header for Ward? Who beat his man, got to the line and cut back perfectly for Sears in one of our best chances of the first half? Who had a good shot from 20 yards that the keeper tipped round the post just before the winner?

Lol transformed the attack by playing a free header to a free player

Keep overstretching for him, I'm sure it will work out for you one day

Let's play a guessing game... on 22:17 - Oct 28 with 2943 viewsSomethingBlue

Let's play a guessing game... on 22:11 - Oct 28 by Bluefish

I'm not doing anything "for" Edwards; if he is playing poorly I'll be the first to say it. Certainly wasn't enamoured by most of his offerings last season. This season I'm happy with him, like everyone else.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 22:17]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Let's play a guessing game... on 22:20 - Oct 28 with 2910 viewsSuffolktractor

Remind me, who is our top scorer this season?
Let's play a guessing game... on 22:21 - Oct 28 with 2909 viewsBluefish

Let's play a guessing game... on 22:17 - Oct 28 by SomethingBlue

I'm not doing anything "for" Edwards; if he is playing poorly I'll be the first to say it. Certainly wasn't enamoured by most of his offerings last season. This season I'm happy with him, like everyone else.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 22:17]

But he simply has been poor, very poor. The goals have skewed it but he contributes less than Sears and really doesn't fit the system.

It is agreed that the front 3 transition is where we are struggling, we are doing well across the back and the middle and sominating the game but are creating very little. It is his job to link the play with Hawkins. Everyone is happy to accept that Judge and sears aren't doing enough but they can at least keep the ball better. Edwards is the weakest link in ability and fitting the system.

You don't agree and won't agree but I don't understand how you can't see it

Let's play a guessing game... on 22:21 - Oct 28 with 2908 viewsFixed_It

Let's play a guessing game... on 22:11 - Oct 28 by Bluefish

It was a clever header which most players (apart from you of course) would not have made in that position.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Let's play a guessing game... on 22:22 - Oct 28 with 2901 viewsKropotkin123

Let's play a guessing game... on 20:39 - Oct 28 by clive_baker

Yeah, you just need to look at the team stats, pretty much everything in the box is red and pretty much everything outside of it is yellow. Then you look at Edwards and it is the same, just a higher percentage of his contribution is in and around the box... As it should be

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Let's play a guessing game... on 22:26 - Oct 28 with 2888 viewsDubtractor

Let's play a guessing game... on 22:21 - Oct 28 by Bluefish

But he simply has been poor, very poor. The goals have skewed it but he contributes less than Sears and really doesn't fit the system.

It is agreed that the front 3 transition is where we are struggling, we are doing well across the back and the middle and sominating the game but are creating very little. It is his job to link the play with Hawkins. Everyone is happy to accept that Judge and sears aren't doing enough but they can at least keep the ball better. Edwards is the weakest link in ability and fitting the system.

You don't agree and won't agree but I don't understand how you can't see it

Less than Sears? Looking at Sears pass map he played it backwards half the time, and didn't play a single incisive pass in the final third all game!

Also, Lankester, who you raved about, played only 15 passes in total in 75 minutes, from central midfield. That seems almost impossible to achieve.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 22:28]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Let's play a guessing game... on 22:40 - Oct 28 with 2837 viewsgainsboroughblue

Let's play a guessing game... on 21:50 - Oct 28 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Embarrassing

Exhausting.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Let's play a guessing game... on 22:43 - Oct 28 with 2820 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Let's play a guessing game... on 22:20 - Oct 28 by Suffolktractor

Remind me, who is our top scorer this season?

Yeah but he doesn't create goals, if you don't include his goals.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Let's play a guessing game... on 22:47 - Oct 28 with 2806 viewsIllinoisblue

Let's play a guessing game... on 20:47 - Oct 28 by Bluefish

Just so we are clear....it is my obsession that means his retention levels are officially and unofficially the lowest each and every game and it is because he is a winger that means he comes out lowest of the wingers.

Got it

I think what it all means is that if TWTD was a pub and you continued to behave the way you do, someone would have at you with a pool cue.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Let's play a guessing game... on 22:50 - Oct 28 with 2798 viewsBluefish

Let's play a guessing game... on 22:47 - Oct 28 by Illinoisblue

I think what it all means is that if TWTD was a pub and you continued to behave the way you do, someone would have at you with a pool cue.

The people that blub at me aren't brave enough to go to
a pub let alone pick up a pool cue. Absolute melts

Let's play a guessing game... on 23:51 - Oct 28 with 2711 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Let's play a guessing game... on 22:50 - Oct 28 by Bluefish

The people that blub at me aren't brave enough to go to
a pub let alone pick up a pool cue. Absolute melts

Can you remind me what is brave about going to a pub?
Let's play a guessing game... on 23:54 - Oct 28 with 2703 viewsreusersfreekicks

Let's play a guessing game... on 22:40 - Oct 28 by gainsboroughblue

Exhausting.

Is there not someone who knows him well who can have a quiet word with him? It's beyond tedious
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024