Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? 22:08 - Nov 3 with 3826 viewsPippin1970

Maybe its the whole lockdown situation as well. Its the not same anymore unfortunately. I should be upbeat being a mental health worker too.
Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 22:12 - Nov 3 with 3268 viewsKeaneish

I have. I enjoyed going to a lot of games last year but haven’t been interested or inspired by football for some time, especially the PL and Internationals. The game has lost all sense of itself and has become quite perverse given the state of things outside of the game.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 22:13 - Nov 3 with 3271 viewsStokieBlue

Not at all, in fact I have found myself engaging with the town a lot more now that it's easily accessible even when you live out of town and easy to get the kids watching.

I don't however watch many other matches, if any and I couldn't care less about watching a PL match.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 22:28 - Nov 3 with 3188 viewsDebsyAngel

Been happening a while- not with Ipswich as I will still watch them but the rest of it, yes. Barely watch Match of the Day now unless it's Spurs highlights and just see the EFL highlights for us and QPR (husband's team) for the TV stuff. The greed and money has been slowly eroding football for years now.
Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 22:32 - Nov 3 with 3160 viewsDarth_Koont

This is better than the last two years as far as ITFC is concerned. And something to get excited about.

If you mean football in general, I haven’t given much of a toss since about 2008.

Pronouns: He/Him

Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 22:35 - Nov 3 with 3141 viewsScuzzer

Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 22:13 - Nov 3 by StokieBlue

Not at all, in fact I have found myself engaging with the town a lot more now that it's easily accessible even when you live out of town and easy to get the kids watching.

I don't however watch many other matches, if any and I couldn't care less about watching a PL match.

SB

I'm with you regarding Town. PL is a VAR circus full of clowns. I have to admit I have Sky Sports...but if I could I would gladly lose the football from it. Just keep it for Cricket, F1 and a bit of NFL.

Established 1968

Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 22:36 - Nov 3 with 3132 viewsstrikalite

That Lincoln pen was the end for me..

Sadly though, it never leaves you...

...and then we have this tonight, imagine how Lambert must feel is what I'm thinking, I'd have got sent off again at the final whistle no doubt.
Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 22:37 - Nov 3 with 3126 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Nope still a footballing freak.

Town is my number 1 love of course, but will watch any game that I can get my eyes on. Premier League, Bundesliga, La Liga, Ligue 1, Championship, Champions League.

Always have and always will love football regardless.

Mrs ain’t too chuffed though.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 22:38 - Nov 3 with 3105 viewspointofblue

I feel like I'm falling out of love of it after tonight. What's the point of it anymore? Nothing seems to go our way.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 23:28 - Nov 3 with 3027 viewsBent_double

Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 22:38 - Nov 3 by pointofblue

I feel like I'm falling out of love of it after tonight. What's the point of it anymore? Nothing seems to go our way.

Trouble is, as sickening as games like this are, think back a few days to the Crewe game - we didn't deserve to win that one, yet came away with 3 points, that's how it goes, unfortunately.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 23:31 - Nov 3 with 3023 viewspointofblue

Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 23:28 - Nov 3 by Bent_double

Trouble is, as sickening as games like this are, think back a few days to the Crewe game - we didn't deserve to win that one, yet came away with 3 points, that's how it goes, unfortunately.

Crewe robbed themselves by not taking their chances; we were robbed by the officials.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 23:55 - Nov 3 with 2974 viewsGarv

I don't think I'll ever get bored of watching Town (despite there being various boring games especially in the last 5 years) but football at the top level is nowhere near the spectacle it was 5/10/15+ years ago.

Diving (and the acceptance of it), handballs, VAR. All reasons the Premier League is a bit of a parody nowadays.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 23:57 - Nov 3 with 2956 viewsSwansea_Blue

I did a couple of years back, but it's the opposite now. Really enjoying it again, just a shame we can't be there.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 00:35 - Nov 4 with 2908 viewsRyorry

Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 22:32 - Nov 3 by Darth_Koont

This is better than the last two years as far as ITFC is concerned. And something to get excited about.

If you mean football in general, I haven’t given much of a toss since about 2008.

Let's hope this is the only surprise of the night, but -

I agree with you 100%!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 12:00 - Nov 4 with 2681 viewsBlueandTruesince82

I love footie but unless its Ipswich or England I don't watch it anymore.

The game is being ruined and its terrible to watch.

Sports I'd rather watch instead of footie;

Cricket
Boxing
Tennis
Snooker
Rugby
Golf

The game has been ruined by money and ridiculous interpretation of the rules such as last night.

Joke sport.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 12:02 - Nov 4 with 2678 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 23:28 - Nov 3 by Bent_double

Yes but not as a result of a shocking ref performance... so less artifical

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 18:34 - Nov 4 with 2571 viewsKeaneish

Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 22:13 - Nov 3 by StokieBlue

SB

Don’t you live Stoke Newington?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 20:32 - Nov 4 with 2468 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 20:37 - Nov 4 with 2457 viewsFunge

The generation above saw us at our very best.

My generation saw us playing good football and having one bloody good season.

The highlight for the generation below was seeing us draw 1-1 with the dickheads in the playoffs, and Tamas Priskin surprising an arrogant Arsenal side.

It's all a bit pointless really.

Cricket is way better.

I like KVY though.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2020 20:46]
Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 20:40 - Nov 4 with 2449 viewsDubtractor

SB

This is exactly how I feel. Still follow the towun closely, but couldn't give two hoots about almost any other football apart from WC finals and Euro finals.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 20:43 - Nov 4 with 2446 viewsAce_High1

Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 22:37 - Nov 3 by TheTrueBlue1878

Town is my number 1 love of course, but will watch any game that I can get my eyes on. Premier League, Bundesliga, La Liga, Ligue 1, Championship, Champions League.

Used to be the same 15 years ago or so, watch any match on.

Now I only really enjoy big Champions League games, International Tournaments and a select few Premier League games.

Can't watch the domestic cups or lower league games, just find I am bored in a few minutes.

Missing the crowds, that really makes an occasion (CL night at Anfield for example like when they beat Barca 4-1).

However cricket I will happily watch every ball of a days play for a test match.
Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 20:52 - Nov 4 with 2434 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

With football, definately a resounding yes.
Just turned the Champions League game on and a Rennes Defender had a penalty given against him for accidental handball and received a red card also. Feckin joke. I,ve turned it off again.
Not fallen out of love with Town though, despite all the crap endured for years.
As Funge alluded too, my generation saw us go toe to toe with the best in the land and Europe, so many wonderful memories.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 20:55 - Nov 4 with 2428 viewsStokieBlue

Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 18:34 - Nov 4 by Keaneish

Don’t you live Stoke Newington?

Ah, I think I see the issue - when I say "out of town" I meant "out of the town" referring to Ipswich.

SB
[Post edited 4 Nov 2020 20:56]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 21:16 - Nov 4 with 2402 viewsTractorCam

Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 22:37 - Nov 3 by TheTrueBlue1878

Non league!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 21:27 - Nov 4 with 2379 viewsDinnernotTea

Add me to the list too. But don't know how old you guys replied are but I think it's more an age thing than a VAR etc thing. Up until the age of 25 I'd happily watch 12pm - 6pm worth of Sunday games and anything else. Now, mid 30s with young kids I struggle to enjoy a half of football without being bored shtless.

The stop-start of modern football is diabolical, I reckon if you get a stopwatch on the next game you watch on TV I reckon the ball is "live" for all of 40 minutes out of 90. Every few seconds it seems it's a foul. Zzzzzz.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 08:45 - Nov 5 with 2154 viewsBramidan

Anyone else starting to fall out of love with football? on 21:27 - Nov 4 by DinnernotTea

Add me to the list too. But don't know how old you guys replied are but I think it's more an age thing than a VAR etc thing. Up until the age of 25 I'd happily watch 12pm - 6pm worth of Sunday games and anything else. Now, mid 30s with young kids I struggle to enjoy a half of football without being bored shtless.

The stop-start of modern football is diabolical, I reckon if you get a stopwatch on the next game you watch on TV I reckon the ball is "live" for all of 40 minutes out of 90. Every few seconds it seems it's a foul. Zzzzzz.

Yep, me to.
PL completely boring and emulated through the lower leagues.
Tippy tappy in your own half with no outcome.
Not really fouls are they? 14 stone athletes throwing themselves on the floor because somebody dares to touch them.
I usually turn the games off feeling very disapointed.
I find rugby more compelling and I never thought I would say that!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024