Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
would you rather 12:30 - Dec 4 with 1999 viewspositivity

be promoted with lambert
or get rid and stay down for another year?

(and i know the first part is highly unlikely!)

normally i'd look to the future and say get rid, but given the salary cap and the likelihood of losing our better (and younger) players, i'd go for promotion.

it's a tough one though

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

would you rather on 12:34 - Dec 4 with 1796 viewsFrimleyBlue

I agree with Evans that there is a green shoot of a style being implemented. I mentioned this a couple weeks back.

The problem is it's not yet exciting nor working.

IF Lambert changes that.. I'm all for supporting him with it. But he's got to stop coming out with how Rosey things are when they're not and stop blaming the you haters then turning on the fans and media.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

would you rather on 12:34 - Dec 4 with 1791 viewsKropotkin123

Easy. Promoted then fire him.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

would you rather on 12:51 - Dec 4 with 1735 viewspositivity

would you rather on 12:34 - Dec 4 by Kropotkin123

Easy. Promoted then fire him.

i could go for that, but evans might give him a 10 year extension!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

would you rather on 12:53 - Dec 4 with 1740 viewsGarv

would you rather on 12:34 - Dec 4 by FrimleyBlue

I agree with Evans that there is a green shoot of a style being implemented. I mentioned this a couple weeks back.

IF Lambert changes that.. I'm all for supporting him with it. But he's got to stop coming out with how Rosey things are when they're not and stop blaming the you haters then turning on the fans and media.

There is an argument that implementing this style of play and crucially making it exciting will take time. The counter argument is that it should have been done last season, and that we don't have time. Trouble is, everyone wants good football and promotion. I suspect we won't get both this season, but we might get one.

Lambert's issue seems to be, as he admits, he is in his own little bubble. He comes across so badly in public and he is clearly a hot head - showcased the other night, that one can only assume he comes across better day to day with players and staff. You'd imagine if he really knew the feeling amongst fans, he would speak differently to the press, but who know what's going on in his head.

I know the popular view to take is that he's an imbecile and that he isn't a football manager, but the fact of is that is he is.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 15:14]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

would you rather on 12:59 - Dec 4 with 1704 viewsFrimleyBlue

would you rather on 12:53 - Dec 4 by Garv

There is an argument that implementing this style of play and crucially making it exciting will take time. The counter argument is that it should have been done last season, and that we don't have time. Trouble is, everyone wants good football and promotion. I suspect we won't get both this season, but we might get one.

Lambert's issue seems to be, as he admits, he is in his own little bubble. He comes across so badly in public and he is clearly a hot head - showcased the other night, that one can only assume he comes across better day to day with players and staff. You'd imagine if he really knew the feeling amongst fans, he would speak differently to the press, but who know what's going on in his head.

I know the popular view to take is that he's an imbecile and that he isn't a football manager, but the fact of is that is he is.

Totally agree.

Thing is I appreciate you don't expect managers to come out and say that was poor.

However it is a style being implemented and if your players are taking to long to implement it properly they've got to be told otherwise this will just carry on and we start losing our better players and the system won't ever work as we will just be turning around you after youth after youth player.

Three simple stages for me

1.. let Phil in
2. Sort out who the hell is actually looking after fitness and injuries
3.. push hard on the fact we need our final third play to be high tempo. Our transition from defence to attack is to slow and we need to make the most of the players available. If you have to use judge.. keep him in the middle. Not out wide etc

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

would you rather on 13:05 - Dec 4 with 1684 viewsYallop

It's not tough for me. Get promoted and stick with Lambert.

That would be an amazing way to end a dreadful year.
would you rather on 13:13 - Dec 4 with 1657 viewsPJH

would you rather on 13:05 - Dec 4 by Yallop

It's not tough for me. Get promoted and stick with Lambert.

That would be an amazing way to end a dreadful year.

Not all that amazing though because it should have happened in 2019/20.

Personally I think we look far less of a potential promotion side now than we did twelve months ago, this time last year I was still very much expecting promotion but I am certainly not expecting promotion now.
would you rather on 13:17 - Dec 4 with 1638 viewsSwansea_Blue

Promoted with Lambert. I want us to succeed which needs him to succeed. This whole situation is only caused by us not being successful on the pitch. It shouldn't be a personal thing at all, despite the owner's and Lamberts weird attempts to make it personal.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

would you rather on 13:19 - Dec 4 with 1628 viewsMalcolmBlue

Surely everyone would take promotion with Lambert? I don't hate him as a person, despite his Norwich ties (although his latest comments and actions are making that harder) but for me, it's the style of football and the lack of goal threat and general fear of being stuck in League 1 for a decade that's bothering me.

For us to even stand a chance of promotion it would mean our goal threat and style of football would be default have to be different (because let's face it we won't win enough games to go up playing like this). So Lambert and promotion for me by a country mile.

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

would you rather on 13:20 - Dec 4 with 1622 viewsEireannach_gorm

would you rather on 12:53 - Dec 4 by Garv

He IS a Football Manager, just not a very good one. If the earth stopped rotating and we got promoted, we would be very quickly back down again. Unfortunately for us, in his two years in charge, Paul has not moulded a successful team or style. 4 more years wont make any difference because he does not have it in him.
would you rather on 13:28 - Dec 4 with 1595 viewshype313

It's an easy one, for the sake of this clubs future then promoted with Lambert.

That doesn't detract from the fact that I think he is a narcissistic charlatan, and a dreadful football manger.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

would you rather on 13:29 - Dec 4 with 1589 viewshoppy

would you rather on 13:20 - Dec 4 by Eireannach_gorm

He IS a Football Manager, just not a very good one. If the earth stopped rotating and we got promoted, we would be very quickly back down again. Unfortunately for us, in his two years in charge, Paul has not moulded a successful team or style. 4 more years wont make any difference because he does not have it in him.

If he got us promoted, I don't think it would be a case of being very quickly back down, personally. There are many other poor Championship sides, and we should never have been in the position we were for us to get relegated.

I think if we were to go up, we would have enough to consolidate and push on, rather than become a L1/Championship yoyo side - I really don't think we would be.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

would you rather on 13:32 - Dec 4 with 1574 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

would you rather on 13:20 - Dec 4 by Eireannach_gorm

If the Earth stopped rotating we'd all be swept into the atmosphere, so promotion would be rather hollow.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

would you rather on 13:33 - Dec 4 with 1568 viewshoppy

would you rather on 13:32 - Dec 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

If the Earth stopped rotating we'd all be swept into the atmosphere, so promotion would be rather hollow.

Oh, what an atmosphere.

would you rather on 13:42 - Dec 4 with 1539 viewsBlueBadger

would you rather on 13:32 - Dec 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

That Man would blame it on the young players and the local press.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 13:42]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

would you rather on 13:43 - Dec 4 with 1536 viewsSomethingBlue

It's not tough — we have to go up.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

would you rather on 13:44 - Dec 4 with 1532 viewsEireannach_gorm

would you rather on 13:29 - Dec 4 by hoppy

If he got us promoted, I don't think it would be a case of being very quickly back down, personally. There are many other poor Championship sides, and we should never have been in the position we were for us to get relegated.

I think if we were to go up, we would have enough to consolidate and push on, rather than become a L1/Championship yoyo side - I really don't think we would be.

What, in the limp relegation from the Championship ( and the one and a bit seasons of incompetence ), gives you confidence that there would be any consolidation?
would you rather on 14:02 - Dec 4 with 1509 viewshoppy

would you rather on 13:44 - Dec 4 by Eireannach_gorm

What, in the limp relegation from the Championship ( and the one and a bit seasons of incompetence ), gives you confidence that there would be any consolidation?

Just a belief that we're not, and won't be, a yo-yo club in the way suggested.

That and that I think swifter action would be taken should it look like heading that way again.

The season we went down, the damage had already been done and we didn't have the squad to cope with it. I don't think they would be as limp as that another time.

would you rather on 14:06 - Dec 4 with 1491 viewsMrTown

Not a tough one for me.

Promoted with Lambert. We had a fitter squad last year, it didn’t happen then, not overly hopeful it will this.

But certainly promoted with Lambert. I want to him to succeed because he is our manager, but cannot see it right now.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 14:07]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

would you rather on 14:08 - Dec 4 with 1468 viewsMonkeyAlan

We won't get promoted under Lambert, so get rid.
would you rather on 14:30 - Dec 4 with 1436 viewsGodBlue

would you rather on 12:34 - Dec 4 by FrimleyBlue

The problem I now have with Lambert is that he’s let his mask slip, and I think I’ll struggle to unsee the man who’s underneath, regardless of what now happens on the pitch.

The green shoots of a style of play are certainly good, but they are long overdue and I suspect that there are less painful ways of achieving them than having to put up with Lambert’s disruptive mood swings every time someone calls him out on his contradictory behaviour. And let’s not forget that Marcus Evans made it very clear that he is FORCING him to play this style!

Rightly or wrongly, for me this isn’t about “let’s see if he can turn results around” anymore, it’s simply to do with the fact that he’s not a man I want to be associated with my football club anymore. Selfishly, I want the Ipswich manager to be someone who I can point at and say “even when we were in a slump, this guy still made me proud to be an Ipswich fan.”. But for the first time in my life, Lambert has made me feel ashamed of my football club... that’s unforgivable.

Totally inconsequential as my opinion is, of course!
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 14:33]

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

would you rather on 14:32 - Dec 4 with 1428 viewsEireannach_gorm

would you rather on 14:02 - Dec 4 by hoppy

Just a belief that we're not, and won't be, a yo-yo club in the way suggested.

That and that I think swifter action would be taken should it look like heading that way again.

The season we went down, the damage had already been done and we didn't have the squad to cope with it. I don't think they would be as limp as that another time.

I no longer have your belief based on what has happened in the past. Unfortunately facts out trump ( pardon deliberate pun ) beliefs. I envy your belief because it would make all this much less painful if I had it.
would you rather on 16:05 - Dec 4 with 1333 viewsBloomBlue

Definitely promotion. I support the club not individuals and the club would be in a better situation if it was in the Championship. However I would sack PL after promotion, thanks for the promotion PL, but goodbye.
would you rather on 16:22 - Dec 4 with 1320 viewslazyblue

Why would anyone not want promotion !

The fact of the matter is get key players back and we still have plenty of time.
would you rather on 16:45 - Dec 4 with 1282 viewsjayessess

I would dearly like the manager and the owner to completely prove me wrong and to have shrewdly spotted potential where I just can't see it. Wouldn't change my mind about how they're behaving now, but I'd still be pleased. I'd hope it would immediately be followed by Evans selling the club and Lambert being out the door not long after.

But... I have a horrible suspicion we'll get neither, that Lambert will have sufficient leeway that anything above 12th will save his job for another year.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024