Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert on radio 5live now 08:52 - Jan 14 with 3152 viewsFarmerpiles

Being asked re players celebrating when they score, how it's natural to want to. Hows hes never felt so bad as he has since he contacted the virus. And his opinion is football should be suspended now.
Lambert on radio 5live now on 09:23 - Jan 14 with 3060 viewsitfcjoe

If he resigns he could have a long suspension from football as no other buggar will give him a job!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lambert on radio 5live now on 09:28 - Jan 14 with 3031 viewsmonty_radio

If our hugging remains as socially-distant as our midfield/attack we should be O.K.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Lambert on radio 5live now on 09:31 - Jan 14 with 3009 viewsPinewoodblue

Lambert on radio 5live now on 09:28 - Jan 14 by monty_radio

If our hugging remains as socially-distant as our midfield/attack we should be O.K.

Goal scoring prompts on field hugs. Our chances are somewhat limited,

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Lambert on radio 5live now on 09:37 - Jan 14 with 2978 viewsDinnernotTea

Regardless of what you think of Lambert why the hell does 5live want to interview a League One manager that hasn't made the football world sit up since 2011?

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Lambert on radio 5live now on 09:40 - Jan 14 with 2938 viewsJakeITFC

Course he wants football suspended, will keep him in a job for another year probably.
Lambert on radio 5live now on 09:42 - Jan 14 with 2918 viewsMonkeyAlan

How come he can do all these interviews on radio 5 or in Scotland about Celtic but his silence here is deafening? Not a word since that sh!te fest against Swindon. Has an opinion on every footballing subject, except the team he is supposed to be managing (joke).
Lambert on radio 5live now on 09:51 - Jan 14 with 2870 viewsSuffolktractor

Lambert on radio 5live now on 09:42 - Jan 14 by MonkeyAlan

How come he can do all these interviews on radio 5 or in Scotland about Celtic but his silence here is deafening? Not a word since that sh!te fest against Swindon. Has an opinion on every footballing subject, except the team he is supposed to be managing (joke).

Agree entirely. If you fit are enough to talk about some second rate team in a different country, you are fit enough to talk about the team you are being paid to manage.
Lambert on radio 5live now on 09:58 - Jan 14 with 2833 viewsBent_double

Putting himself in the window, isn't he, letting people know he's still around without mentioning the job he's currently doing....now why would he do that?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert on radio 5live now on 10:31 - Jan 14 with 2694 viewsloyalfan

I haven't heard today's interview but to be fair to PL it may be a follow up one as 5Live interviewed him 2 weeks ago and he was very honest about how COVID had knocked him for 6.
Dortmund. (n/t) on 10:32 - Jan 14 with 2678 viewsBloots

Lambert on radio 5live now on 09:37 - Jan 14 by DinnernotTea

Regardless of what you think of Lambert why the hell does 5live want to interview a League One manager that hasn't made the football world sit up since 2011?

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Lambert on radio 5live now on 10:44 - Jan 14 with 2627 viewshomer_123

Why would you want to hear what he has to say?

What we see on the pitch tells you everything you could possibly want to know.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Lambert on radio 5live now on 10:47 - Jan 14 with 2610 viewsstonojnr

Lambert on radio 5live now on 10:31 - Jan 14 by loyalfan

I haven't heard today's interview but to be fair to PL it may be a follow up one as 5Live interviewed him 2 weeks ago and he was very honest about how COVID had knocked him for 6.

But I dont understand what 5live think his view adds to the story, have Ipswich adopted a no celebrating goals policy, or a no goals policy to avoid celebrating? How is his input valued above that of other managers,he's not some elder statesman in football.

They must have half the football leagues compliment of managers on speed dial, so why is Lambert, who yes notably isnt speaking locally about the job he actually has, chosen to be pundit of choice on this?

FWIW isnt everyone on the pitch supposed to have passed a Covid test to be there,so what's the problem anyway, and that might have been a more interesting pundit take for 5live to follow,but you wont get stuff like that out of Lambert
Lambert on radio 5live now on 10:48 - Jan 14 with 2610 viewshoppy

So let me just get this right... 5live were wanting to ask a manager their thoughts about players celebrating after scoring... what the hell made them think that Paul Lambert would be a good person to speak to, given how often we tend to score goals? It’s not too much of a problem for us is it?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Lambert on radio 5live now on 10:48 - Jan 14 with 2607 viewsjayessess

Lambert on radio 5live now on 09:37 - Jan 14 by DinnernotTea

Presumably because he's recently had Covid-19 and was calling for the suspension of the season?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Lambert on radio 5live now on 10:51 - Jan 14 with 2592 viewsMrTown

1 - how can he do these interviews on Celtic and 5Live, but can't speak to the local media about the club he manages.

2 - of course he wants the season suspended, then it permanently ended on PPG, then he'll get another crack at it all over again next.

From a health point of view, I wish him all the very best, it sounds as though he got it really bad and hope he makes a fully recovery as soon as possible. BUT it has gotten to the stage now with Lambert where everything he says I fear has a selfish underlying reason to it.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Lambert on radio 5live now on 10:58 - Jan 14 with 2555 viewsmonty_radio

Lambert on radio 5live now on 10:48 - Jan 14 by jayessess

Presumably because he's recently had Covid-19 and was calling for the suspension of the season?

Having it doesn't make you an expert though, does it? Although it would naturally make you more cautious. Like those who haven't had it, he knows that thousands have tragically died. That should be caution enough - but still, it's a judgement call; and, as such, probably not the best manager they could have asked.

Lambert on radio 5live now on 11:01 - Jan 14 with 2547 viewsPinewoodblue

Lambert on radio 5live now on 10:51 - Jan 14 by MrTown

1 - how can he do these interviews on Celtic and 5Live, but can't speak to the local media about the club he manages.

2 - of course he wants the season suspended, then it permanently ended on PPG, then he'll get another crack at it all over again next.

From a health point of view, I wish him all the very best, it sounds as though he got it really bad and hope he makes a fully recovery as soon as possible. BUT it has gotten to the stage now with Lambert where everything he says I fear has a selfish underlying reason to it.

Think his comments were edited.

Personally I think it is morally wrong to play football( the way we do) . The bit in brackets was cut out.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Lambert on radio 5live now on 11:07 - Jan 14 with 2527 viewsmonty_radio

Lambert on radio 5live now on 09:31 - Jan 14 by Pinewoodblue

Goal scoring prompts on field hugs. Our chances are somewhat limited,

As an old-timer, I personally don't think much of those such as Pep and P.L. who say that hugging has to be part of the game. I'm not saying it's realistic to expect a return to the old newsreel footage where a spectacular goal was apparently greeted with a manly slightest-of- slight hand touches as you trotted back. But it does demonstrate that the way that you celebrate falls within the realm of what one can control, if one chooses. I know that might seem an impossible world to our contemporary huggers, and they're young men, and all that. But still, desperate times demand desperate measures and not hugging might just lie within the realm of human impulse that could conceivably be controlled for the greater good?

Lambert on radio 5live now on 11:26 - Jan 14 with 2478 viewsjayessess

Lambert on radio 5live now on 10:58 - Jan 14 by monty_radio

Having it doesn't make you an expert though, does it? Although it would naturally make you more cautious. Like those who haven't had it, he knows that thousands have tragically died. That should be caution enough - but still, it's a judgement call; and, as such, probably not the best manager they could have asked.

I doubt it's about expertise, it's about (perceived) newsworthiness.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Lambert on radio 5live now on 11:38 - Jan 14 with 2452 viewsStokieBlue

Did he ask for elite football to be stopped?

That is what Watson is reporting.

I mean that would suit him perfectly. Keeps taking the pay without having to produce any results.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Lambert on radio 5live now on 12:51 - Jan 14 with 2345 viewscarlisleaway

Lambert on radio 5live now on 11:38 - Jan 14 by StokieBlue

I mean that would suit him perfectly. Keeps taking the pay without having to produce any results.

SB

We had stopped playing Elite football years ago
Lambert on radio 5live now on 12:55 - Jan 14 with 2332 viewsPhilTWTD

Lambert on radio 5live now on 11:38 - Jan 14 by StokieBlue

SB

He said there was a good case for it:

Lambert: Morally I Think Us Playing Football is Wrong 14th Jan 2021 10:44
Town boss Paul Lambert says there’s a strong case for football to be stopped given the current prevalence of Covid-19 and believes continuing to play is “morally wrong”. 98

Lambert on radio 5live now on 14:41 - Jan 14 with 2175 viewsX0Y0

I hope that if the season is suspended then he is put on furlough, with no top up above the 2.5k p/m
Lambert on radio 5live now on 14:44 - Jan 14 with 2168 viewsJ2BLUE

I wouldn't put it past him to want the season suspended and eventually scrapped just to keep his job.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024