Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How long is Nors out for? 17:36 - Apr 6 with 2195 viewsBluefish

Surely we need to play him up top with Hawkins? We cannot keep persisting with Cinders up top. We look so short of options, I think I'd be tempted with Sears with Hawkins if Nors is out

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

How long is Nors out for? on 17:42 - Apr 6 with 1914 viewsNthQldITFC

Sears may have been g*sh lately, but playing close off Hawkins in a two, he'd be a different animal, I would posit. Last chance saloon but.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

How long is Nors out for? on 17:42 - Apr 6 with 1909 viewsKropotkin123

We seem to rush everyone else back too early, so why not Norwood too.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

How long is Nors out for? on 17:54 - Apr 6 with 1876 viewsMB26

I personally don't think he's been fully fit for months, I feel for him because he's the only goalscoring threat we've got. We seem to rush him back to play 45 mins with the knowledge he's going to be out for the next couple of games simply in hope he can knick us a goal to get us ahead.
How long is Nors out for? on 17:59 - Apr 6 with 1855 viewsreusersfreekicks

Sears!!!! No
How long is Nors out for? on 18:00 - Apr 6 with 1850 viewsBluefish

How long is Nors out for? on 17:59 - Apr 6 by reusersfreekicks

Sears!!!! No

Parrott, Drinan and Cinders can't even manage to have a single shot on goal ffs

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

How long is Nors out for? on 18:01 - Apr 6 with 1850 viewsjayessess

How long is Nors out for? on 17:54 - Apr 6 by MB26

I personally don't think he's been fully fit for months, I feel for him because he's the only goalscoring threat we've got. We seem to rush him back to play 45 mins with the knowledge he's going to be out for the next couple of games simply in hope he can knick us a goal to get us ahead.

He's been in this limbo of fit/not really fit/injured since he got here more or less, hasn't he?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

How long is Nors out for? on 18:05 - Apr 6 with 1847 viewsPhilTWTD

"I’m not putting dates on it, I don’t think he’s bad, it’s a thigh problem and you don’t want him to carry on playing."

Cook: We Never Looked Like Losing But Didn't Look Like Scoring the Goals to Win It 5th Apr 2021 18:23
Boss Paul Cook admitted that while Town were never in much danger of losing their 0-0 draw at Rochdale, they similarly didn’t look like scoring the goals which would claim the three points. 76

How long is Nors out for? on 18:12 - Apr 6 with 1796 viewsDubtractor

I can't help but think Hawkins is one of those players who has got better due to being out for a while.

See also Nolan currently.

Hawkins was pretty poor earlier on the season and I'm not sure why that would change.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

How long is Nors out for? on 18:13 - Apr 6 with 1792 viewsMB26

How long is Nors out for? on 18:01 - Apr 6 by jayessess

He's been in this limbo of fit/not really fit/injured since he got here more or less, hasn't he?

I'm not sure if it's something he just played through at Tranmere as they were riding that wave of momentum with promotions but it's been such an odd career for him with us. He was injured in pre-season allegedly then Lambert seemed to wheel him out at any given opportunity and the same seems to be happening now with Cook.

I feel he needs a full summer of rehabilitation to get himself fit even if that means missing the start of the new season. A striker needs to have a regular run in order to build in confidence and sharpness.
How long is Nors out for? on 18:18 - Apr 6 with 1778 viewsblueislander

Norwood and Jackson were very expensive signings by League 1 standards. They have been failures.
How long is Nors out for? on 18:23 - Apr 6 with 1755 viewsWD19

How long is Nors out for? on 18:12 - Apr 6 by Dubtractor

I can't help but think Hawkins is one of those players who has got better due to being out for a while.

See also Nolan currently.

Hawkins was pretty poor earlier on the season and I'm not sure why that would change.

Hawkins is a one-trick pony.

Which means that he has got precisely one more trick than the rest of the available options combined. He looked a handful when he came on the other day.
How long is Nors out for? on 18:25 - Apr 6 with 1742 viewsjayessess

How long is Nors out for? on 18:13 - Apr 6 by MB26

I'm not sure if it's something he just played through at Tranmere as they were riding that wave of momentum with promotions but it's been such an odd career for him with us. He was injured in pre-season allegedly then Lambert seemed to wheel him out at any given opportunity and the same seems to be happening now with Cook.

I feel he needs a full summer of rehabilitation to get himself fit even if that means missing the start of the new season. A striker needs to have a regular run in order to build in confidence and sharpness.

Is there not a chance that this just is his fitness level?

How long is Nors out for? on 18:39 - Apr 6 with 1692 viewsMB26

How long is Nors out for? on 18:25 - Apr 6 by jayessess

Is there not a chance that this just is his fitness level?

That's also possible. No disrespect to Tranmere but I can't imagine they are blessed with a top notch medical team. That being said, we don't seem to be either.

I think there's certainly an argument that he could do more for his own and the teams benefit but I don't think we will ever truly know.
How long is Nors out for? on 18:41 - Apr 6 with 1687 viewseireblue

We should probably wait until the opposition glovesman gets a bit bored, and then get Holy to try a few shots.
How long is Nors out for? on 18:45 - Apr 6 with 1673 viewsFtnfwest

How long is Nors out for? on 18:18 - Apr 6 by blueislander

Norwood and Jackson were very expensive signings by League 1 standards. They have been failures.

Norwood was a free transfer wasn’t he? Although maybe one could argue tranmere could have paid us to take him away
How long is Nors out for? on 18:46 - Apr 6 with 1668 viewsFixed_It

How long is Nors out for? on 18:41 - Apr 6 by eireblue

We should probably wait until the opposition glovesman gets a bit bored, and then get Holy to try a few shots.

Maybe when the opposition goalie is having a kip, or nips off for a fag behind the stand.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

How long is Nors out for? on 18:49 - Apr 6 with 1643 viewsHerbivore

How long is Nors out for? on 18:45 - Apr 6 by Ftnfwest

Norwood was a free transfer wasn’t he? Although maybe one could argue tranmere could have paid us to take him away

He's earning a fat wedge for this level.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

How long is Nors out for? on 18:59 - Apr 6 with 1615 viewsFtnfwest

How long is Nors out for? on 18:49 - Apr 6 by Herbivore

He's earning a fat wedge for this level.

Well certainly not bad I agree although Jackson’s transfer fee puts him on another level altogether overall
How long is Nors out for? on 19:02 - Apr 6 with 1608 viewsjayessess

How long is Nors out for? on 18:59 - Apr 6 by Ftnfwest

Well certainly not bad I agree although Jackson’s transfer fee puts him on another level altogether overall

We're on 6 successive windows of very poor recruitment. There's a lot of levels.

How long is Nors out for? on 20:54 - Apr 6 with 1391 viewsrgp1

How long is Nors out for? on 18:23 - Apr 6 by WD19

Hawkins is a one-trick pony.

Which means that he has got precisely one more trick than the rest of the available options combined. He looked a handful when he came on the other day.

Maybe we should sign a pony. More chance of scoring with 4 legs rather than 2.
How long is Nors out for? on 21:01 - Apr 6 with 1365 viewstextbackup

How long is Nors out for? on 20:54 - Apr 6 by rgp1

Maybe we should sign a pony. More chance of scoring with 4 legs rather than 2.

Every player we have is pony

But seriously our striking options are dreadful, Ipswich wanderers have a lad up top for them, Blake, who would score a hat full more then what we have in our professional squad

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

How long is Nors out for? on 21:58 - Apr 6 with 1283 viewsGarv

How long is Nors out for? on 18:18 - Apr 6 by blueislander

Norwood has scored one in three with us while arguably being injured more than he's been fit. I don't think you can label him a failure. He was never going to get us promoted on his own.

Our creativity has been turd for how long? He still sniffs out goals.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

How long is Nors out for? on 22:20 - Apr 6 with 1224 viewsDubtractor

How long is Nors out for? on 21:58 - Apr 6 by Garv

Norwood has scored one in three with us while arguably being injured more than he's been fit. I don't think you can label him a failure. He was never going to get us promoted on his own.

Our creativity has been turd for how long? He still sniffs out goals.

Yeah, Norwood is OK, not a world beater by any means, but we're a better team when he is on the pitch.

I think a lot of negativity towards him is due to him seemingly being a bit of a nobber.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

How long is Nors out for? on 22:37 - Apr 6 with 1185 viewsrgp1

How long is Nors out for? on 21:01 - Apr 6 by textbackup

Every player we have is pony

But seriously our striking options are dreadful, Ipswich wanderers have a lad up top for them, Blake, who would score a hat full more then what we have in our professional squad

I agree but this is pretty much the same squad that went 11 unbeaten at the start of last season. Although many at the time said we were playing sh1te but still winning.
How long is Nors out for? on 23:25 - Apr 6 with 1127 viewsGarv

How long is Nors out for? on 22:20 - Apr 6 by Dubtractor

Yeah, Norwood is OK, not a world beater by any means, but we're a better team when he is on the pitch.

I think a lot of negativity towards him is due to him seemingly being a bit of a nobber.

Agreed.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024