Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bishop 09:55 - May 3 with 6137 viewsreusersfreekicks

2 questions:
Do you think Cook should keep him?
Do you think he will keep him?
Bishop on 09:56 - May 3 with 3530 viewsDeano69

I like him on his day. Just not enough of those days.

He appears to be being trialed in various positions, left, right, number 10 role, through the middle.

Which could mean he is struggling to find his form or they are simply trying their hardest to give him an opportunity.

On the belief we can’t let absolutely every single player go and we will have to retain a few, I would probably make him one of the few. If he could stay fit and uninjured that may help his progression.
[Post edited 3 May 2021 22:23]

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Bishop on 10:02 - May 3 with 3478 viewsZXBlue

Bishop on 09:56 - May 3 by Deano69

I like him on his day. Just not enough of those days.

He appears to be being trialed in various positions, left, right, number 10 role, through the middle.

Which could mean he is struggling to find his form or they are simply trying their hardest to give him an opportunity.

On the belief we can’t let absolutely every single player go and we will have to retain a few, I would probably make him one of the few. If he could stay fit and uninjured that may help his progression.
[Post edited 3 May 2021 22:23]

We have not managed to set up a team such that we get him arriving on the ball in attacking positions, which is where he does his best work.

He really hasn't recaptured what he showed pre injury yet, except in fleeting glimpses, but has developed a more aggressive all round midfield game.
Bishop on 10:05 - May 3 with 3439 viewstrncbluearmy

maybe
yes

when fit, which has been most of the time this season, was our most consistent player under lambert, but his form seems to have suffered under Cook, not sure he really knows his role at the moment, always thought he was/could be one of our most talented players
Bishop on 10:06 - May 3 with 3440 viewsblueislander

Yes and yes.
Bishop on 10:09 - May 3 with 3419 viewsBlueBadger

Yes.
Yes, hopefully.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bishop on 10:11 - May 3 with 3385 viewsBluefish

Easily our best player but there again we had plenty of ipswich fans that didn't rate McGoldrick, Walters or Mings

I'd prefer to see him play in a midfield 2 but if he is playing in the advanced role it needs to be as an advanced midfielder not this weird role of a deep striker

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Bishop on 10:13 - May 3 with 3371 viewsPinewoodblue

Bishop on 10:02 - May 3 by ZXBlue

We have not managed to set up a team such that we get him arriving on the ball in attacking positions, which is where he does his best work.

He really hasn't recaptured what he showed pre injury yet, except in fleeting glimpses, but has developed a more aggressive all round midfield game.

He had goal scoring opportunities against Swindon and also forced a foul to gain a penalty.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Bishop on 10:14 - May 3 with 3366 viewsmonty_radio

No and No.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

Bishop on 10:17 - May 3 with 3344 viewsHerbivore

Yes and yes. He's chipped in with 4 or 5 goals this season despite being in and out of the side a bit and shunted around a few different positions. When we're on the front foot he's usually very involved in our best play. He needs to produce more consistently but the ability is there and in a better side that is playing positive football I think he has a lot to offer.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bishop on 10:18 - May 3 with 3338 viewsblueislander

Bishop on 10:11 - May 3 by Bluefish

Easily our best player but there again we had plenty of ipswich fans that didn't rate McGoldrick, Walters or Mings

I'd prefer to see him play in a midfield 2 but if he is playing in the advanced role it needs to be as an advanced midfielder not this weird role of a deep striker

I hope that Cook gets Dozzell to play further up the pitch where he can really unpick defenses, and brings in a midfielder who can really defend as well as pick the ball off the back 5, and move the ball quickly
Bishop on 10:18 - May 3 with 3340 viewsBlueBadger

Bishop on 10:14 - May 3 by monty_radio

No and No.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Bishop on 10:20 - May 3 with 3333 viewsSteve_M

Yes and probably.

The question with Bishop this season is why we haven't been able to get him to play as well as he did ion September and October since his injury, partly the team as a whole was better but that was his best spell of form since 2014-15.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Bishop on 10:25 - May 3 with 3291 viewsBlueBadger

Bishop on 10:17 - May 3 by Herbivore

Yes and yes. He's chipped in with 4 or 5 goals this season despite being in and out of the side a bit and shunted around a few different positions. When we're on the front foot he's usually very involved in our best play. He needs to produce more consistently but the ability is there and in a better side that is playing positive football I think he has a lot to offer.

He's anther one that, like Dozzell, is desperately in need of some proper coaching, motivation and a team set-up that compliments his game.

Granted he's better off than Dozzell because he did at least play in a functional team under Mick but on the flip side, he's rarely achieved a decent run of injury free games.

Bishop on 10:40 - May 3 with 3222 viewsPJH

I think Cook certainly should keep Bishop but I have no idea if he will.
Bishop on 10:47 - May 3 with 3192 viewsIpswichKnight

Yes and Yes

He should keep him as he is useful when fit, he does what so few of our players do and runs at opposition players.

Consistency is the biggest issue we won’t be carrying passengers next season and Bishop can go weeks and months doing very little that won’t be tolerated and I don’t think he’ll be a regular starter next season but more an impact sub or injury/suspension replacement for a few games.
Bishop on 10:47 - May 3 with 3195 viewsjayessess

Only way I can see Cook keeping him is if he's convinced that Bishop's true ability is being masked by the quality of the team and of the previous fitness regime and that he can fix both in the Summer.

He's hitting peak age for a footballer and should be a team leader, but the reality is he's well behind the younger Downes and Dozzell on most of the underlying contribution stats. Tackles, interceptions, key passes, passes, crosses, he's only above Nolan.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Bishop on 10:50 - May 3 with 3167 viewsBelsteadCav

No, I don’t think Cook should keep him

But I think he will

He’s been in the last chance saloon for a very long time. He’s never really hit the heights we all thought he would. We can’t keep saying, he’s only young. It’s time he actually started doing it on a regular basis. If he was that good ( like dozzell) he should be ripping up the league one midfield, but neither of them do. I suspect this is about as good as it’s going to get.
[Post edited 3 May 2021 11:17]

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

Bishop on 10:53 - May 3 with 3143 viewsalbitfc

yes
hopefully bishop has the potential to be a really good player if cook can get the best out of him
Bishop on 11:07 - May 3 with 3056 viewsHerbivore

Bishop on 10:50 - May 3 by BelsteadCav

No, I don’t think Cook should keep him

But I think he will

He’s been in the last chance saloon for a very long time. He’s never really hit the heights we all thought he would. We can’t keep saying, he’s only young. It’s time he actually started doing it on a regular basis. If he was that good ( like dozzell) he should be ripping up the league one midfield, but neither of them do. I suspect this is about as good as it’s going to get.
[Post edited 3 May 2021 11:17]

It's not quite as straightforward as that though. Young players don't tend to just rip it up when they're playing in dysfunctional sides. Look at the likes of Downes and Woolfenden as well, both have really struggled this season despite looking to be very good players last season.

This is what happens when you expect rookies to carry others rather than having good support around them. It's not coincidence that Downes and Woolfenden have played their best football alongside Skuse and Chambers respectively. This season we've been pairing Dozzell and Bishop often, who don't work brilliantly as a pairing and who are both inexperienced. Neither has shone as a result. Woolfenden has had to be the senior partner alongside the hapless McGuiness and his performances have suffered hugely as a result.

It's not as straightforward as throwing talented players in and if they're good enough they'll shine. You have to create conditions that help them to perform. We haven't done that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bishop on 11:08 - May 3 with 3052 viewsitfcjoe

I think yes and yes.

Think he will be a number 10 for us next season, and think he will contribute a fair bit - but will be competing with someone else for the role.

A very talented footballer, and looks like he is finding a role - need to get him running at people around the box

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bishop on 11:10 - May 3 with 3023 viewsMrTown

No and no.

Not good enough consistently, talented little lad, but not good enough consistently.
[Post edited 3 May 2021 11:11]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Bishop on 11:11 - May 3 with 3011 viewsKeno

I do wish people on here would stop bishop bashing

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Bishop on 11:22 - May 3 with 2944 viewsGuthrum

Yes and yes from me. Think he has quality, masked somewhat by his injury lay-offs. He also has enthusiasm. Will be interesting to see what he can do in a consistently drilled team.

Edit: Think Cook will keep him because we need a squad, not just a team (tho 30 players rather than 50). Even if someone better is hired as a first choice, he's certainly good enough for cover and rotation.
[Post edited 3 May 2021 11:34]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Bishop on 11:23 - May 3 with 2936 viewsWD19

Its a wafer thin call this. Cook has tried him in several positions without any real success. I sense that he 'wants' to keep him, but not sure if Bishop has done enough to justify it yet.

I think it is 60:40 keep......but wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't.
Bishop on 11:29 - May 3 with 2915 views66notout

Bishop on 11:23 - May 3 by WD19

Its a wafer thin call this. Cook has tried him in several positions without any real success. I sense that he 'wants' to keep him, but not sure if Bishop has done enough to justify it yet.

I think it is 60:40 keep......but wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't.

It’s not wafer thin at all. I’m told he is staying because his appearances this season have earned him a new deal through the terms of his current contract.
The club stopped Judge and Ward from earning a new deal the same way so they both leave.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024