Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Connection with the captain 08:41 - Feb 13 with 7816 viewsSitfcB

Just don’t feel it with Sam Morsy, I know he’s not obliged to and we’ve been spoilt with great fan engaging captains over the years and he’s following in the footsteps of one of those greats but it’s always nice for some sort of connection between the skipper and the fans, he just trudges round applauding half heartedly at FT most of the time in amongst the group.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Connection with the captain on 08:45 - Feb 13 with 4134 viewsEdwardStone

You missing a good fist pump at FT??...

I know I am
Connection with the captain on 08:45 - Feb 13 with 4127 viewshomer_123

Bring back Chambers.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Connection with the captain on 08:49 - Feb 13 with 4099 viewsitfcjoe

I think he's a very good on pitch captain, and drives the team on but seems more a quiet and reserved personality off the pitch which is different to what we've had.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Connection with the captain on 08:55 - Feb 13 with 4041 viewsCityBlue

He does far more off the field than any other skipper ever has. He is a leader in the changing room and a great ambassador for the club. On the pitch he is a beast...despised ad feared in equal amounts by all other clubs.
As a player he would walk into any starting line up outside the premier league.

I T I D

Connection with the captain on 09:01 - Feb 13 with 3985 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Connection with the captain on 08:55 - Feb 13 by CityBlue

He does far more off the field than any other skipper ever has. He is a leader in the changing room and a great ambassador for the club. On the pitch he is a beast...despised ad feared in equal amounts by all other clubs.

That last line is sarcasm i assume ?

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Connection with the captain on 09:03 - Feb 13 with 3963 viewsCityBlue

Connection with the captain on 09:01 - Feb 13 by TRUE_BLUE123

That last line is sarcasm i assume ?

Nope, as an FA talent scout he is the epitome of a non prem league battler. This guy will get you out of a hole when needed.

I T I D

Connection with the captain on 09:08 - Feb 13 with 3933 viewsRobTheMonk

Quality player and good captain. He was immense in that second half on Saturday.
Connection with the captain on 09:10 - Feb 13 with 3924 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Connection with the captain on 09:03 - Feb 13 by CityBlue

Nope, as an FA talent scout he is the epitome of a non prem league battler. This guy will get you out of a hole when needed.

Morsy is a great player.

He does not get a game for Sheffield United or Burnley so that's two right there. He's been a top end league one/lower half champ player his whole career, there is a reason Boro were happy to let him come here.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

Connection with the captain on 09:12 - Feb 13 with 3898 viewsGuthrum

Connection with the captain on 08:49 - Feb 13 by itfcjoe

I think he's a very good on pitch captain, and drives the team on but seems more a quiet and reserved personality off the pitch which is different to what we've had.

TBH, he's far more useful that way round than an extrovert who can't/doesn't run the team.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Connection with the captain on 09:15 - Feb 13 with 3850 viewsitfcsuth

I think he is a terrific captain.

Brilliant player, leads by example with his 100% commitment every single week, his performance levels are so consistently highly for this level of football.

I can't imagine anything other than being a brilliant captain within the dressing room, has never disrespected the fans and always thanks them for their support.

Can't agree with this post I'm afraid.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 9:15]
Connection with the captain on 09:19 - Feb 13 with 3803 viewsfarkenhell

In amongst the mayhem at 2-0 down, just after we had nearly gifted them a 3rd and the crowd were agitated, I noticed him going round to each player, starting with the defenders, gesturing them all to calm down. We could have imploded at that point. Not long afterwards, Broadhead struck that beauty.
Connection with the captain on 09:23 - Feb 13 with 3741 viewsMetal_Hacker

Personally I think the bloke is superb in terms of a leader , an example to follow and seemingly a very respectful guy towards his fellow team mates and the fans

I'd rather he did his talking on the pitch as he does as opposed to a lot of hot air off it

Poll: If it were one or the other

Connection with the captain on 09:24 - Feb 13 with 3745 viewsBobbychase

Give me a captain who leads by example and drags the team forward himself rather than someone who claps the fans enthusiastically after terrible performances.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Connection with the captain on 09:27 - Feb 13 with 3698 viewsitfcjoe

Connection with the captain on 09:19 - Feb 13 by farkenhell

In amongst the mayhem at 2-0 down, just after we had nearly gifted them a 3rd and the crowd were agitated, I noticed him going round to each player, starting with the defenders, gesturing them all to calm down. We could have imploded at that point. Not long afterwards, Broadhead struck that beauty.

I think we had already imploded to be fair....!

I think the role of a captain is overstated and you need senior players to step up when needed and drag others with them; in a team without much seniority I find that Morsy does that and helps drive the team forwards, mainly by virtue of being very good at football.

He's the first name on the teamsheet, is a 7 or 8 out of 10 every week without fail and leads us well - can't ask for much more than that.

He may not be as good an off the pitch captain as others have been, but with McKenna and his management team we may not need that any more like we did where someone like Chambers had to take on a lot of responsibility because of the (lack of) structure of the club and the management team being aloof (to put it kindly).

I doubt Morsy is having to help players find places to live, and the like, getting their wives settled in area, helping out youngsters, being a mediator between players and management etc because that shouldn't be needed at a club this size and that it was is the issue

Connection with the captain on 09:31 - Feb 13 with 3643 viewsSitfcB

Oh yes for sure no qualms with him whatsoever, first name on the team sheet, love him etc etc but just wanted to gauge opinion on the ‘other side’ of it.

Like I said got no obligation for it, may see more of him with that side the closer we get to the end of the season and if we’re getting 2nd place!

COYB

Connection with the captain on 09:33 - Feb 13 with 3619 viewsSitfcB

Connection with the captain on 09:15 - Feb 13 by itfcsuth

I think he is a terrific captain.

Brilliant player, leads by example with his 100% commitment every single week, his performance levels are so consistently highly for this level of football.

I can't imagine anything other than being a brilliant captain within the dressing room, has never disrespected the fans and always thanks them for their support.

Can't agree with this post I'm afraid.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 9:15]

Few of you missing the point but that’s TWTD eh.

COYB

Connection with the captain on 09:33 - Feb 13 with 3619 viewsitfcjoe

Connection with the captain on 09:31 - Feb 13 by SitfcB

Oh yes for sure no qualms with him whatsoever, first name on the team sheet, love him etc etc but just wanted to gauge opinion on the ‘other side’ of it.

Like I said got no obligation for it, may see more of him with that side the closer we get to the end of the season and if we’re getting 2nd place!

I think, as briefly mentioned above, there were a lot more gaps for the captain to fill when LC was here as opposed to now - if those gaps still existed would SM fill them?

We'll thankfully never need to find out because actually pay people to do the jobs now.

Connection with the captain on 09:35 - Feb 13 with 3536 viewsFrimleyBlue

He's one of the worst on the pitch captains I've seen. I saw more heart from Humphreys on sat and that's after morsy gave it the big "we need you" speech.

Its his first half performances which has set the tone imo for the rest of the side. When he's on it.. then he has a positive effect.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Connection with the captain on 09:38 - Feb 13 with 3484 viewsDarkHorse

Completely disagree, but each to their own.

I'd far rather a captain who is a bit reserved off the pitch but leads by example on the pitch than a limited footballer who is more "engaging". I know who I respect more as a fan and would as a player too.

I think he always comes across really well in person too. We're fortunate to have him.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 9:39]
Connection with the captain on 09:38 - Feb 13 with 3479 viewsArchiRob

seems great with the mascots really seems to look after them and good at the open days
Connection with the captain on 09:38 - Feb 13 with 3469 viewsdavblue

Connection with the captain on 09:35 - Feb 13 by FrimleyBlue

He's one of the worst on the pitch captains I've seen. I saw more heart from Humphreys on sat and that's after morsy gave it the big "we need you" speech.

Its his first half performances which has set the tone imo for the rest of the side. When he's on it.. then he has a positive effect.

Garbage.
Connection with the captain on 09:39 - Feb 13 with 3452 viewschicoazul

Connection with the captain on 08:55 - Feb 13 by CityBlue

Hahahahha what

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Connection with the captain on 09:39 - Feb 13 with 3426 viewsFrimleyBlue

Connection with the captain on 09:19 - Feb 13 by farkenhell

Yeah.. After Davis told him to talk to the players.

A player telling a captain that he needs to talk to players.. really?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Connection with the captain on 09:39 - Feb 13 with 3431 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

"He's one of the worst on the pitch captains"

Except he isn't is he ?

Connection with the captain on 09:39 - Feb 13 with 3426 viewsSomethingBlue

That is a ... take.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024