Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I want to see Hurst play 90 mins 17:09 - Apr 10 with 1850 viewsonceablue

Totally understand the Edwards sub as Harness was and is very poor

But why change Hurst he was causing their defence all sorts of trouble and I am sure would have scored if left

Still in our hands but we have missed an opportunity today that could cost us automatic
I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 17:12 - Apr 10 with 1804 viewsBluecasp

I would agree. I felt like Hirst should have stayed on longer and Burns for that matter as well.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2023 17:16]
I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 17:15 - Apr 10 with 1777 viewsBlueBadger

Probably better off playing Hirst for 90, tho.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 17:16 - Apr 10 with 1759 viewsScuzzer

Its Hirst...with an I
Hurst was our rather bad manager.

Established 1968

I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 17:17 - Apr 10 with 1748 viewsonceablue

I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 17:15 - Apr 10 by BlueBadger

Probably better off playing Hirst for 90, tho.

I do feel McKenna does make Subs for the sake of it.
I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 17:18 - Apr 10 with 1732 viewsChrisd

Paul or Geoff?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 17:22 - Apr 10 with 1694 viewsHerbivore

Hirst was looking very leggy before coming off. He puts a lot of work in when he's on the pitch and can't sustain it for a full 90 minutes. Ladapo similarly caused them problems when he came on.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 17:25 - Apr 10 with 1672 viewsKropotkin123

Yeah, Herness didn't have a good first half, so I was pleased to see Idwards on. You wouldn't have made the Ludapo/Hurst sub, but what about Borns off for Jeckson?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 17:27 - Apr 10 with 1648 viewsonceablue

I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 17:25 - Apr 10 by Kropotkin123

Yeah, Herness didn't have a good first half, so I was pleased to see Idwards on. You wouldn't have made the Ludapo/Hurst sub, but what about Borns off for Jeckson?

You siund lick a bandle of liughs
Login to get fewer ads

I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 17:27 - Apr 10 with 1649 viewsnorfsufblue

Captain hindsight here but I do think sticking Freddie up with GH and lumping it up to them on that wind might have seen something happen for us but thanks Town for restoring my faith in us... though anytime you want to start bagging a injury time winner then go for it !
I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 17:29 - Apr 10 with 1631 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Harness and Jackson won't step up a level if we get promoted that's for sure. Outside of Edwards, the subs didn't offer much. I'd rather a tired Hirst on there than what we offer from the bench I think, he's that good.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2023 17:32]
I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 17:33 - Apr 10 with 1592 viewspointofblue

I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 17:29 - Apr 10 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Harness and Jackson won't step up a level if we get promoted that's for sure. Outside of Edwards, the subs didn't offer much. I'd rather a tired Hirst on there than what we offer from the bench I think, he's that good.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2023 17:32]

Hirst is excellent but Ladapo is a more than able deputy. It wasn't down to that sub that we drew today.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 17:35 - Apr 10 with 1575 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 17:33 - Apr 10 by pointofblue

Hirst is excellent but Ladapo is a more than able deputy. It wasn't down to that sub that we drew today.

I didn't say it was but I think he was more of a threat than Ladapo with the ball at his feet near there area who had a half chance late.
I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 17:35 - Apr 10 with 1572 viewsSwansea_Blue

He didn’t look right to me. Seemed very laboured at the end as if he was carrying a knock or just ran out of steam. He put in hell of a physical shift.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 17:41 - Apr 10 with 1529 viewsElephantintheRoom

Would it be churlish to point out that Ladapo scores at twice the rate of Hirst - AND he’s an Ipswich player

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 17:47 - Apr 10 with 1498 viewsRozz

Edwards sub was a brave one and proved to be excellent.

With hindsight, it didn't turn into a game Jackson could exploit. He's great if there's space in behind the fullback, but he relies on interchanges and his explosive pace rather than being able to beat the man himself.

He turned back inside almost every time he got the ball today, and this got even worse when Donacien stepped in for Clarke.

Both changes seemed to stunt us a little today.
I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 18:08 - Apr 10 with 1420 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 17:27 - Apr 10 by onceablue

You siund lick a bandle of liughs

[Post edited 10 Apr 2023 18:13]
I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 18:29 - Apr 10 with 1375 viewsghostofescobar

Thought Hirst was looking a bit laboured before he came off. Ladapo’s pace (against Hirst’s pace) was the right call, with the wind in our favour.

GhostOfEscobar

I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 20:32 - Apr 10 with 1249 viewsSheffordBlue

I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 17:41 - Apr 10 by ElephantintheRoom

Would it be churlish to point out that Ladapo scores at twice the rate of Hirst - AND he’s an Ipswich player

It might not be churlish but it would be inaccurate. Their goal per 90 rates are:

Ladapo: 0.60
Hirst: 0.52

Hirst's overall goal contribution rate (G+A) is marginally better - 0.66 to 0.60.

As per FBRef: https://fbref.com/en/squads/b74092de/Ipswich-Town-Stats

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 20:36 - Apr 10 with 1237 viewsNutkins_Return

I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 17:17 - Apr 10 by onceablue

We are playing 8 games in a month. It's absolutely critical we share the load otherwise we will get injuries worst case or best case fatigue. McKenna making these changes don't 100% guarantee a better outcome in one match in isolation but over a chunk of the bank end of the season we will and have reaped the rewards. We'd have not been able to do this and look what has happened to them recently.

It's afine balance but what it absolutely 100% categorically IS NOT is 'subs for the sake of it'.
I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 21:18 - Apr 10 with 1144 viewsPlums

I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 17:17 - Apr 10 by onceablue

You don't think our manager who is all over the detail might have some insight from the GPS and heart data that's collected on each player? There's a lot more than gut feel and hunches (although I hope they still play a part) that goes into decision making these days.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 22:15 - Apr 10 with 1057 viewsronnyd

I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 17:25 - Apr 10 by Kropotkin123

Are you the gendarme from' Ello 'Ello perchance?
I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 23:31 - Apr 10 with 960 viewsArchiRob

But you probably want Hirst in every game He is unlikely to do that playing 90 minutes
Thought we missed our Welsh talisman Broadhead
I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 04:04 - Apr 11 with 871 viewsKropotkin123

I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 22:15 - Apr 10 by ronnyd

Are you the gendarme from' Ello 'Ello perchance?

Toucha

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 06:47 - Apr 11 with 817 viewsITFC_Forever

Hirst isn’t fit enough to manage ninety.

I’d rather he runs himself into the ground for seventy minutes and then Freddie comes on, than try and manage his effort to get ninety out of him.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 07:31 - Apr 11 with 768 viewsElephantintheRoom

I want to see Hurst play 90 mins on 20:32 - Apr 10 by SheffordBlue

It might not be churlish but it would be inaccurate. Their goal per 90 rates are:

Ladapo: 0.60
Hirst: 0.52

Hirst's overall goal contribution rate (G+A) is marginally better - 0.66 to 0.60.

As per FBRef: https://fbref.com/en/squads/b74092de/Ipswich-Town-Stats

On thé other hand after the latest non-scoring effort from Hirst - the expensive Leicester reject is scoring at one goal per 178 mins whilst the slightly more downmarket recent Ipswich signing, Ladapo is managing a goal every 147 mins. Source - the unbiased BBC

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024