Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celina in L1? 22:30 - Jul 2 with 3899 viewsElderGrizzly

Is Phil high? :)
Celina in L1? on 22:35 - Jul 2 with 3150 viewsNthsuffolkblue

He has just got relegated from the French top division. I have no idea how well he has been playing this past year or so, but he certainly was always inconsistent from what I have seen of him. He may well be a cracking player in League 1 but I would not be too excited about signing him if we were looking for promotion out of the Championship. Happy to be proven wrong, mind and we do appear to be competing with those teams at the lower end of the Championship for players.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Celina in L1? on 22:36 - Jul 2 with 3120 viewsN2_Blue

I just can't see any way that this is likely. He's a better player than L1, is probably at the peak of his career and most certainly going to have offers from a higher level than us and for more money. Just doesn't seem to add up....but i would absolutely love it if it did!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Celina in L1? on 22:37 - Jul 2 with 3116 viewspointofblue

Celina in L1? on 22:35 - Jul 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

He has just got relegated from the French top division. I have no idea how well he has been playing this past year or so, but he certainly was always inconsistent from what I have seen of him. He may well be a cracking player in League 1 but I would not be too excited about signing him if we were looking for promotion out of the Championship. Happy to be proven wrong, mind and we do appear to be competing with those teams at the lower end of the Championship for players.

He's been a regular in the Championship and Ligue 1; should be more than good enough for us, especially at this level.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Celina in L1? on 22:37 - Jul 2 with 3100 viewsMrTown

Loved Bersant when he was here. Was one of them footballers that always is looking to be positive, attacking, front font, make things happen.

A real flair player, normally had you on the edge your seat. Have him back in a heartbeat.

Cannot see him coming to League 1 though, think this one is well out of our reach.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Celina in L1? on 22:41 - Jul 2 with 3045 viewsKieran_Knows

We’re really going for it, don’t be surprised if it happens.

Just been relegated with Dijon, so think a deal is there to be done.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Celina in L1? on 22:42 - Jul 2 with 3027 viewsVic

Cant see this happening myself.

Plus he’d be binned to the U23s for going to the manager and demanding to play!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Celina in L1? on 22:44 - Jul 2 with 2985 viewsN2_Blue

odd take...he is likely a better player then when he was on loan with us, he was signed by Swansea for 3million Swansea and played in the French top league last season and yet you wouldn't be that bothered about him joining??

I can't see it happening, but I'd been absolutely delighted if he signed. He's good enough for the Championship and could be devastating at L1 level which is where we are if you haven't noticed.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Celina in L1? on 22:46 - Jul 2 with 2947 viewsStokieBlue

Celina in L1? on 22:41 - Jul 2 by Kieran_Knows

They paid 2.7m for him only a year ago - they are going to want a hefty fee.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Celina in L1? on 22:47 - Jul 2 with 2909 viewsNthQldITFC

That would be mustard.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Celina in L1? on 22:49 - Jul 2 with 2880 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Are you crazy.

The guy scored 7 goals for us off the wing in a fairly average championship season and he didn’t even get a start for about 6 weeks. Still a good age.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Celina in L1? on 22:52 - Jul 2 with 2845 viewsJ2BLUE

This would be an amazing signing. Can't see any chance but its encouraging that we're looking at players like him.

Makes me wonder if we were in for Waghorn.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Celina in L1? on 22:54 - Jul 2 with 2806 viewsJDB23

Celina in L1? on 22:46 - Jul 2 by StokieBlue

SB

I guess it depends how much the pandemic and getting relegated has effected their finances. They may need to clear the wage bill and get any fees they can, I don't know their situation.
Celina in L1? on 22:55 - Jul 2 with 2792 viewsStokieBlue

Celina in L1? on 22:52 - Jul 2 by J2BLUE

This would be an amazing signing. Can't see any chance but its encouraging that we're looking at players like him.

Makes me wonder if we were in for Waghorn.

Waghorn would have been great but Celina is quite a different prospect. He's only 24 so plenty of upside and he would definitely require a fee.

I'd be very pleasantly surprised if it happened but just seems unlikely. I guess Phil wouldn't run the story if there was nothing in it though.

SB

Celina in L1? on 23:00 - Jul 2 with 2724 viewsParisBlue

Celina in L1? on 22:55 - Jul 2 by StokieBlue

Waghorn would have been great but Celina is quite a different prospect. He's only 24 so plenty of upside and he would definitely require a fee.

I'd be very pleasantly surprised if it happened but just seems unlikely. I guess Phil wouldn't run the story if there was nothing in it though.

SB

Ashton liked a signing from advance whilst he was at Bristol City. This has Ashton's influence all over it.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2021 23:01]

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Celina in L1? on 23:12 - Jul 2 with 2569 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Celina in L1? on 22:44 - Jul 2 by N2_Blue

odd take...he is likely a better player then when he was on loan with us, he was signed by Swansea for 3million Swansea and played in the French top league last season and yet you wouldn't be that bothered about him joining??

I can't see it happening, but I'd been absolutely delighted if he signed. He's good enough for the Championship and could be devastating at L1 level which is where we are if you haven't noticed.

Read it again. I said he is good enough for the Championship. I said if we were trying to get promoted from the Championship I would not be overly excited, hence why I think we would be competing with those teams at the lower end of it. I also pointed out that I have no idea how he has or hasn't progressed since he left us. However, getting relegated from the French top division suggests he wasn't necessarily successful there. I also felt he was hit and miss with Swansea in the Championship and hence why he moved on from them.

Maybe there is a degree to which a good winger often is hit and miss. Would he be great at this level? Absolutely, I am sure he would. The fact that I don't think he would be a top Championship player is what makes it just possible. He seems to be the sort of level of player we are after. I never said I wouldn't want him here next season.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Celina in L1? on 23:14 - Jul 2 with 2540 viewsElderGrizzly

Can he still cut the mustard though?
Celina in L1? on 08:38 - Jul 3 with 1967 viewsBryanPlug

Celina in L1? on 22:42 - Jul 2 by Vic

Cant see this happening myself.

Plus he’d be binned to the U23s for going to the manager and demanding to play!

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Celina in L1? on 08:49 - Jul 3 with 1903 viewsquad

Celina in L1? on 08:38 - Jul 3 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Celina... Dijon....

Seems unlikely we will get him but "my heart will go on" believing. "Don't think twice", ITFC.
Celina in L1? on 09:08 - Jul 3 with 1792 viewsSaigonTractor

Celina in L1? on 22:46 - Jul 2 by StokieBlue

SB

I was reading on The Athletic how French teams are struggling a bit more than their European counterparts financially. And that there'd be a lot of player deals to be had

It mainly applied to the bigger teams, but could easily apply to a relegated team as well.
Celina in L1? on 09:10 - Jul 3 with 1762 viewsMullet

Celina in L1? on 09:08 - Jul 3 by SaigonTractor

I was reading on The Athletic how French teams are struggling a bit more than their European counterparts financially. And that there'd be a lot of player deals to be had

It mainly applied to the bigger teams, but could easily apply to a relegated team as well.

I think was an ITV digital type scenario so would hurt all teams, but who knows to what degree.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Celina in L1? on 09:19 - Jul 3 with 1688 viewsStokieBlue

So how does this work with the UK immigration points system.

We were told it would be hard to sign from abroad but perhaps there is a subset of players abroad who we can target if Celina meets the criteria.

SB

Celina in L1? on 09:23 - Jul 3 with 1629 viewsDBlues

Celina in L1? on 09:19 - Jul 3 by StokieBlue

So how does this work with the UK immigration points system.

We were told it would be hard to sign from abroad but perhaps there is a subset of players abroad who we can target if Celina meets the criteria.

SB

Expect that because he has 29 caps he must be playing fairly regularly for his country so would qualify that way?
Celina in L1? on 09:24 - Jul 3 with 1618 viewsVic

I’m guessing we must have been given some indication that a deal can be made or it wouldn’t even have made it this far.

Be amazing if it did happen, though the pessimist in me thinks he’d be our stellar signing and get a major injury in the first month!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Celina in L1? on 09:31 - Jul 3 with 1568 viewshype313

Celina in L1? on 09:24 - Jul 3 by Vic

I’m guessing we must have been given some indication that a deal can be made or it wouldn’t even have made it this far.

Be amazing if it did happen, though the pessimist in me thinks he’d be our stellar signing and get a major injury in the first month!

Indeed, I very much doubt Dijon will expect anything near the figure they purchased him for, they probably just want him off the wage bill ASAP so deals are definitely there to be done.

Although, I'd be surprised if there wasn't any Championship clubs in for him, but maybe the pull of him already spending time here together with the project might tempt him, especially in a post Covid world.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Celina in L1? on 09:32 - Jul 3 with 1545 viewsStokieBlue

Celina in L1? on 09:31 - Jul 3 by hype313

Indeed, I very much doubt Dijon will expect anything near the figure they purchased him for, they probably just want him off the wage bill ASAP so deals are definitely there to be done.

Although, I'd be surprised if there wasn't any Championship clubs in for him, but maybe the pull of him already spending time here together with the project might tempt him, especially in a post Covid world.

I can't believe they wouldn't still want at least 1m. That's still only 30% of what they paid for him a year ago.

I think we could manage it financially, it's more the League One sell which is the problem as you point out.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024