Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here 10:04 - Sep 23 with 3480 viewsSitfcB

Town: Bialkowski, Emmanuel, Parr, Malarczyk, Yorwerth, Coke, Bru, Oar (Touré 75), Tabb, Murphy (c) (Pitman 61), McGoldrick (Sears 61).

Unused: Chambers, Maitland-Niles, Kenlock, Crowe.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here on 10:08 - Sep 23 with 3146 viewsGarv

We followed it up with a draw at home to Bristol City so it was all worth it.

How Malarczyk was deemed a worthy starter against Rooney as opposed to Chambers I will never know.

Around that time we were all about going against the odds and punching above our weight, so it was really disappointing to not bother when it came to testing ourselves against the best.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here on 10:12 - Sep 23 with 3097 viewsCotty

I walked to that game from my house. That walk was the best bit of the day.
OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here on 10:13 - Sep 23 with 3103 viewsSitfcB

OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here on 10:08 - Sep 23 by Garv

How Malarczyk was deemed a worthy starter against Rooney as opposed to Chambers I will never know.

Around that time we were all about going against the odds and punching above our weight, so it was really disappointing to not bother when it came to testing ourselves against the best.

The team that played didn’t disgrace themselves and put in the effort, which made it even more annoying that we didn’t go strong and give it an even better go!
[Post edited 23 Sep 2021 10:16]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here on 10:15 - Sep 23 with 3077 viewsTractorCam

That was a late equaliser as well wasn't it? Even today fans have this attitude towards cup games as if it's a guarantee we get promoted/ win the next game if we aren't in the cups.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here on 10:16 - Sep 23 with 3043 viewsMach_foreignBlue

All of that in order to save a draw against Bristol City three days later
OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here on 10:17 - Sep 23 with 3057 viewsitfcjoe

I do think that really hurt us - must have been a massive blow to the regulars who were left out, who didn't get to play in front of 75k (including 7-8k ITFC fans iirc) and test themselves against some of the best players in the world.

Half that team are absolute no marks who made no impression at Ipswich Town, whilst likes of Chambers, Skuse, Smith, Berra who gave us a proper service for years didn't get the chance.

We ended that year in 7th, I'm sure Mick would hve man managed it fine, but did the players lose a bit of motivation there? We'll never know.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here on 10:23 - Sep 23 with 2981 viewsReuser_is_God

That also shows how bad our recruitment was that summer.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here on 10:31 - Sep 23 with 2927 viewsSwansea_Blue

One of the nails in his coffin that was

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here on 11:01 - Sep 23 with 2798 viewstextbackup

Ah the old play a weak team in the league cup, and save them for the league game…. How often did that fail to work for us

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here on 13:47 - Sep 23 with 2418 viewsBluefish

I spent the 50 quid for a ticket and 15 for parking etc to go. I didn't really give 2 fooks about the team put out. Why should we play our best side against Man U but not against Newport? Arguably it is a bigger crime playing a weaken side against worse teams and every manager does that.

The old Trafford thing is more about the sky generation being embarrassed in front of their man u supporting sky generation mates.

All a bit pathetic

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here on 13:56 - Sep 23 with 2393 viewsKeaneish

I’d argue January 17th 2017 was worse!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Imagine getting to the 3rd Round..... on 14:00 - Sep 23 with 2367 viewsBloots

....of a Cup competition these days!

Nobody would care what team we put out.

TWTD.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here on 14:21 - Sep 23 with 2295 viewsAlanG296

OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here on 13:47 - Sep 23 by Bluefish

I spent the 50 quid for a ticket and 15 for parking etc to go. I didn't really give 2 fooks about the team put out. Why should we play our best side against Man U but not against Newport? Arguably it is a bigger crime playing a weaken side against worse teams and every manager does that.

The old Trafford thing is more about the sky generation being embarrassed in front of their man u supporting sky generation mates.

All a bit pathetic

We should play our best side in every FA Cup and League Cup match, regardless of the opposition.
OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here on 14:55 - Sep 23 with 2189 viewsBluefish

OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here on 14:21 - Sep 23 by AlanG296

We should play our best side in every FA Cup and League Cup match, regardless of the opposition.

Really isn't going to happen though

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here on 15:10 - Sep 23 with 2155 viewshatch

I've since met Yorwerth at a few parties as a friend of a friend and he thinks about that game every day. The best experience in his (now short) football career.

He really messed his career up at Posh when avoiding a drug test.
OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here on 15:13 - Sep 23 with 2125 viewsitfcjoe

OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here on 15:10 - Sep 23 by hatch

I've since met Yorwerth at a few parties as a friend of a friend and he thinks about that game every day. The best experience in his (now short) football career.

It was such an OTT ban though, he'd obviously got in a bad way - hopefully he is doing ok now as was a talented boy

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here on 15:21 - Sep 23 with 2090 viewsDarth_Koont

Real mixed bag in there — from Didsy and Murphy to Malarczyk and Oar. But what’s interesting is that pretty much all of them were youths, cheap punts or freebies.

We really were punching above our weight even in midtable.

Pronouns: He/Him

OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here on 15:31 - Sep 23 with 2061 viewsMattinLondon

To be fair that team isn’t that bad when compared to what was deemed to be the best 11. Ok, you have three players (Malarczyk, Yorwerth, Coke) who weren’t regulars but the rest weren’t exactly inexperienced reserves.
OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here on 15:34 - Sep 23 with 2051 viewsMattinLondon

OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here on 15:13 - Sep 23 by itfcjoe

It was such an OTT ban though, he'd obviously got in a bad way - hopefully he is doing ok now as was a talented boy

Just read that it was a four year ban and that he’s still only 26.

If he was a big name player, and did exactly the same, would the ban have been as lengthy? Of course not.
OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here on 16:54 - Sep 23 with 1854 viewsKeaneish

OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here on 15:10 - Sep 23 by hatch

Sounds like he went to the right sort of parties though!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here on 17:24 - Sep 23 with 1799 viewsjayessess

OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here on 14:55 - Sep 23 by Bluefish

Really isn't going to happen though

Plenty of clubs our size do put out near enough their first team in all competitions.

One of my frustrations with McCarthy was always that he was a really good coach, who would've made life much easier for himself if he'd occasionally accepted that playing nice with the fans over these things is part of the job.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2021 17:27]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here on 17:37 - Sep 23 with 1763 viewsFunge

Salford Quays full of Towun that night; the 2 hours leading up to the game was drunk, loud and fun (like football should be).

The game itself, hmmm. Jay Tabb almost got a corner.
OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here on 07:21 - Sep 24 with 1366 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

As disappointing as the team selection was, that game turned out to mean alot to me.

My dear old Grandad that used to come to a lot of town away matches with me (star of the Rommy Report on various occasions) was a Man U fan and that game meant we drove up there with my dad and brother. I went in the away end and they went in the home stand. Before then, my grandad hadn’t been to old Trafford in 55 years since he was a teenager. We’d spoke for years at Ipswich games of going to see United live at some point so I’m glad in hindsight we got that game. It might’ve been a sh*tty 3-0 loss but I’ll remember it as a day that let my grandad have one of his dreams fulfilled of seeing United win at Old Trafford again before he died a few years later.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here on 16:36 - Sep 24 with 1095 viewshatch

OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here on 15:34 - Sep 23 by MattinLondon

Just read that it was a four year ban and that he’s still only 26.

If he was a big name player, and did exactly the same, would the ban have been as lengthy? Of course not.

They definitely made an example of him.

My understanding was he took a fair bit as a copying mechanism due to some family issues I won’t go into. Silly kid and can’t see him returning to the professional game but seems to be a better place now living back in Wales.
OTD 6 years ago: The worst thing MM did whilst here on 17:04 - Sep 24 with 1055 viewsRadioOrwell

Parr, Yorwerth, Oar ...

who the f
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024