Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dobra back at Ipswich? 12:25 - Apr 5 with 2767 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just been named in the U23 team.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 12:25 - Apr 5 with 2303 viewschicoazul

Shame for him but it hasn’t worked down the road at all.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 12:26 - Apr 5 with 2287 viewsIllinoisblue

Wonder if KMac can work some magic on him.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 12:28 - Apr 5 with 2252 viewsMattinLondon

I thought young players on loan could still play for their parents clubs U23s?
Dobra back at Ipswich? on 12:40 - Apr 5 with 2160 viewsitfcjoe

Because it's a youth loan he can play for our youth sides if agreed between both clubs - and he's seemingly nowhere near it there so may as well play for our U23s rathet than theirs!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 13:15 - Apr 5 with 1938 viewsexeterblue10

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 12:26 - Apr 5 by Illinoisblue

You mean like AbracaDobra?
Dobra back at Ipswich? on 13:19 - Apr 5 with 1903 viewsVic

I saw that and wondered if it is any coincidence that now the P/O's have gone Dobs in back with us. Just wondering if it's the first little indication that we may see some of the U23's given a run out? We'll soon find out!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 13:23 - Apr 5 with 1858 viewshype313

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 13:19 - Apr 5 by Vic

I saw that and wondered if it is any coincidence that now the P/O's have gone Dobs in back with us. Just wondering if it's the first little indication that we may see some of the U23's given a run out? We'll soon find out!

I'd like to think that would be the case, but sounds like he can't get a kick at Colchester and rather than play for their U23's might aswell play for his parent club.

Really don't know why he couldn't get a game down there, he was looking like a real exciting prospect in the early part of the season for us and I thought a season with Col U would do him wonders and fully expected him to flourish.

Shame it hasn't worked out, but if can't push players that are in their twilight years, in a club that has been struggling all season, you have to wonder why.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 13:31 - Apr 5 with 1798 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 13:15 - Apr 5 by exeterblue10

You mean like AbracaDobra?

Will try my best.
Login to get fewer ads

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 13:39 - Apr 5 with 1746 viewstextbackup

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 12:26 - Apr 5 by Illinoisblue

prob best to get him back involved now so KMc can make a decision on him

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 13:42 - Apr 5 with 1718 viewsjayessess

Dobra's still registered with Colchester and can't change registration outside the window, so isn't eligible for first team football with us in any case.

Supporters over-estimate the willingness of pro football clubs to "just play the kids". We'll pick what we think is our strongest team until it's mathematically impossible to make the play-offs and even when it isn't we'll at most introduce those kids (Baggott, Humphreys, Simpson) who are already competing for 1st team places.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 13:44 - Apr 5 with 1716 viewsPhilTWTD

He's been training here for a bit but he's still on loan at Colchester. Players on youth loans can play for their parent clubs.
Dobra back at Ipswich? on 13:47 - Apr 5 with 1663 viewsSharkey

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 13:39 - Apr 5 by textbackup

prob best to get him back involved now so KMc can make a decision on him

I suspect he's been back training with Town for a while, at least part-time. (From before he went away with Albania.) I doubt the relationship between the clubs at a staff level has ever been more cordial than it is now.
Dobra back at Ipswich? on 13:51 - Apr 5 with 1623 viewstextbackup

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 13:47 - Apr 5 by Sharkey

I suspect he's been back training with Town for a while, at least part-time. (From before he went away with Albania.) I doubt the relationship between the clubs at a staff level has ever been more cordial than it is now.

if anyone can get young dobra back on track, its mckenna

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 13:54 - Apr 5 with 1599 viewsSharkey

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 13:51 - Apr 5 by textbackup

I was thinking McGreal, - but a combination, possibly.
Dobra back at Ipswich? on 13:56 - Apr 5 with 1573 viewsPassionNotAnger

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 13:51 - Apr 5 by textbackup

Dobra is the only person that can get his career back on track.

For whatever reason his attitude is not enabling his ability to shine. Perhaps there are some underlying issues he needs to address or perhaps needs help with in some capacity.

Dobra's technical ability should be sufficient to be a first choice League 2 player, the fact he isn't shows there is something else at play
Dobra back at Ipswich? on 14:01 - Apr 5 with 1550 viewstextbackup

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 13:56 - Apr 5 by PassionNotAnger

Dobra is the only person that can get his career back on track.

For whatever reason his attitude is not enabling his ability to shine. Perhaps there are some underlying issues he needs to address or perhaps needs help with in some capacity.

Dobra's technical ability should be sufficient to be a first choice League 2 player, the fact he isn't shows there is something else at play

maybe, but after hearing what KD said about people guessing situations with young kids, not knowing the full story, i think i'd rather not speculate on dobra as a person.

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 14:01 - Apr 5 with 1548 viewsElderGrizzly

I can't imagine McKenna taking too many gambles in the starting line up?

After such a positive start, the last thing he needs is a few heavy defeats to end the season. A few minutes here and there, but can't see wholesale changes
Dobra back at Ipswich? on 14:21 - Apr 5 with 1466 viewsLankHenners

On the subject of U23s, does anyone know the situation with Tete Yengi? Might have missed something but since he first came in and scored a few I haven’t seen his name on the team sheet for a while. Injured? Only on trial? We decided he wasn’t good enough and sent him back?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 14:31 - Apr 5 with 1401 viewsPhilTWTD

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 14:21 - Apr 5 by LankHenners

On the subject of U23s, does anyone know the situation with Tete Yengi? Might have missed something but since he first came in and scored a few I haven’t seen his name on the team sheet for a while. Injured? Only on trial? We decided he wasn’t good enough and sent him back?

Think he's had an injury.
Dobra back at Ipswich? on 14:37 - Apr 5 with 1364 viewsLankHenners

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 14:31 - Apr 5 by PhilTWTD

Think he's had an injury.

Fair enough, just seen he played in the Suffolk Premier Cup game vs Stowmarket a few weeks back and got sent off in the last minute for getting involved in a brawl.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 14:45 - Apr 5 with 1324 viewsfranz_tyson

The ones saying that McKenna will work his magic on him....then McKenna's going to be stretched pretty thin for the number of players he's supposed to improve. Especially when he's made it clear he wants to work with a limited squad.
Would have thought it's the youth coach's job - and the player himself - to get him to a level where he can get into McKenna's thoughts.
I'd rather McKenna concentrated on the first team players. Isn't that his job?
Dobra back at Ipswich? on 14:45 - Apr 5 with 1316 viewsPhilTWTD

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 14:37 - Apr 5 by LankHenners

Fair enough, just seen he played in the Suffolk Premier Cup game vs Stowmarket a few weeks back and got sent off in the last minute for getting involved in a brawl.

Injury might have been before that, come to think of it. There's quite a big U23s squad so not everyone can get a run-out every game.
Dobra back at Ipswich? on 15:29 - Apr 5 with 1161 viewsPassionNotAnger

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 14:01 - Apr 5 by textbackup

maybe, but after hearing what KD said about people guessing situations with young kids, not knowing the full story, i think i'd rather not speculate on dobra as a person.

I was sharing based on what I'd heard (from sources who would be well placed to know) - I deliberately haven't tried to insinuate things but to clarify that his non-appearances aren't down to his ability or physical attributes.
Dobra back at Ipswich? on 15:48 - Apr 5 with 1047 viewsxrayspecs

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 15:29 - Apr 5 by PassionNotAnger

I was sharing based on what I'd heard (from sources who would be well placed to know) - I deliberately haven't tried to insinuate things but to clarify that his non-appearances aren't down to his ability or physical attributes.

I would not rule out a lack of end product as being a prime reason for him not getting much game time, same as it was here.
Dobra back at Ipswich? on 15:59 - Apr 5 with 1004 viewsMullet

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 15:48 - Apr 5 by xrayspecs

I would not rule out a lack of end product as being a prime reason for him not getting much game time, same as it was here.

He also had Covid like Harper did he not? Both have not benefited from manger change and circumstance changes coinciding with being unavailable.

Think we are going to see some casualties like we did with Hurst and players like Nydam or Woolfenden and Cook. That's the nature of where we are, and how disappointing not going up will be in terms of shaping the next few months and beyond.

Would love to think that Dobra can do it here, but how does he get past Aluko and probably Celina as well as Chaplin? If McKenna doesn't see Edwards as a LWB option then we really do have traffic for him to get past after a difficult year.

It's not always a black mark against player/manager when players don't fit any more so next season will be really crucial.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024