Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina 16:40 - Jul 5 with 4259 viewsSTYG

That would be an absolutely exceptional squad at this level and would really cement us as favourites along with Wednesday.

Although I honestly do believe McKenna could have got last seasons lot up if he'd had the whole season and been allowed to bring in one striker.

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 16:42 - Jul 5 with 3470 viewsKieran_Knows

We've not even signed George Hirst and yet we've already got people spelling his name incorrectly.

It's really not that hard.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 16:43 - Jul 5 with 3458 viewsMullet

Yep, but If is a massive word and oft quoted poem.

I really like McKenna but it does concern me seeing the pressure on him/Ashton growing in some places. We need more than just demanding success from the fans but support and understanding too be so dominant again.

I guess we are so used to being underdogs when there's been expectation it's felt alien.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 16:44 - Jul 5 with 3436 viewshoppy

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 16:42 - Jul 5 by Kieran_Knows

We've not even signed George Hirst and yet we've already got people spelling his name incorrectly.

Maybe the Hurst was correct, but he misspelt Geoff?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 16:45 - Jul 5 with 3407 viewsMullet

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 16:44 - Jul 5 by hoppy

Maybe the Hurst was correct, but he misspelt Geoff?

Unbelievable!

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 16:45 - Jul 5 with 3395 viewshomer_123

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 16:42 - Jul 5 by Kieran_Knows

A sure fire Ipswich signing then.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 16:46 - Jul 5 with 3394 viewsPaphosBlue

Whilst Leif appears to be the most likely and lets hope for a 6pm announcement my guess is the other two are no more than 50/50 so it would certainly be a result to get all three. However I am optimistic that if we fail in any of those targets KMac and Ashton already have alternatives identified.

Poll: What would Lambert have to do for you to accept him as Manager

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 17:01 - Jul 5 with 3219 viewsZx1988

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 16:46 - Jul 5 by PaphosBlue

Whilst Leif appears to be the most likely and lets hope for a 6pm announcement my guess is the other two are no more than 50/50 so it would certainly be a result to get all three. However I am optimistic that if we fail in any of those targets KMac and Ashton already have alternatives identified.

I agree with you that all three would be a real coup and seems rather optimistic, but weren't we saying the same thing last August about Walton, Morsy, and Celina?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 17:02 - Jul 5 with 3196 viewsSTYG

100 PEDANT POINTS.

Congratulations. Spend them well.

You know who I meant. I don't get many names wrong and have clearly not recalled which way it was spelt.

But well done for taking the time to point it out.
Login to get fewer ads

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 17:05 - Jul 5 with 3173 viewsSTYG

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 17:01 - Jul 5 by Zx1988

I agree with you that all three would be a real coup and seems rather optimistic, but weren't we saying the same thing last August about Walton, Morsy, and Celina?

We didn't realise we had a manager that was completely hopeless without his number two and we had an entirely new squad where we just seemed to sign players and hope to worry about how they fitted together afterwards.

Now we've got a manager who looks very promising, a squad that is close and these are the finishing touches hopefully.
If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 17:05 - Jul 5 with 3161 viewshoppy

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 17:02 - Jul 5 by STYG

100 PEDANT POINTS.

You know who I meant. I don't get many names wrong and have clearly not recalled which way it was spelt.

HOW COME HE GETS 100 PEDANT POINTS, YET WHEN I POINT ANYTHING OUT I DON'T GET ANY?

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 17:16 - Jul 5 with 3066 viewsSTYG

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 17:05 - Jul 5 by hoppy

HOW COME HE GETS 100 PEDANT POINTS, YET WHEN I POINT ANYTHING OUT I DON'T GET ANY?

You're already the GOAT.

Let someone else have a go.
If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 17:43 - Jul 5 with 2914 viewsKeno

I expect there are some who will be underwhelmed tho

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 17:54 - Jul 5 with 2813 viewsNthQldITFC

100 PEDANT POINTS.

Pendant, is it not? - while we're hanging around waiting for something to happen.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 18:03 - Jul 5 with 2753 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Could be worse. We had signed Pigott a year ago however some people still can'y spell his surname correctly.
If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 18:11 - Jul 5 with 2734 viewsfabian_illness

100 PEDANT POINTS.

Alright SGTY, keep your hair on.
If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 18:54 - Jul 5 with 2632 viewsGlasgowBlue

Maybe he means Geoff. He'd certainly add experience up front.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 20:06 - Jul 5 with 2461 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

moving on from the spelling to the actual point being made. YES. that would be a bloody brilliant squad. 100 points, 100 goals. Piece of piss.

Poll: would you rather

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 20:19 - Jul 5 with 2401 viewstractordownsouth

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 18:54 - Jul 5 by GlasgowBlue

Maybe he means Geoff. He'd certainly add experience up front.

He'd score more than Pigott.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 08:12 - Jul 6 with 1829 viewsquad

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 18:03 - Jul 5 by Mach_foreignBlue

Could be worse. We had signed Pigott a year ago however some people still can'y spell his surname correctly.

*can't
If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 08:20 - Jul 6 with 1799 viewschicoazul

It’s deja vu all over again.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 11:06 - Jul 6 with 1507 viewsDMDC

Celina isnt the answer. Never has been. Disappears in games too much.
If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 11:17 - Jul 6 with 1454 viewsMattinLondon

I understand that spelling is important in an official document or work email. But this is a football forum, spelling and grammar doesn’t really matter.
If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 11:22 - Jul 6 with 1417 viewsmonty_radio

I'd lief spell it wrong if Leif we got. Or as Nina Simone nearly put it: Got leif, I got my leif.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 12:10]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 11:28 - Jul 6 with 1391 viewsSTYG

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 11:17 - Jul 6 by MattinLondon

I understand that spelling is important in an official document or work email. But this is a football forum, spelling and grammar doesn’t really matter.

I honestly don't know what people get out of this.

I check all my work documentation and it's always meticulous and professional. I see mistakes here all the time and it bothers me a bit, but as you say it's a football forum and I often see mistakes in my own posts because I don't bother to check them.

The fact people take 30 seconds out of their day to post a reply to someone (who could be rushed, multi tasking, not good at spelling or even have learning issues) to point out mistakes is absolutely tragic.

It's even sadder if these posters have never made a mistake in their own posts because they check and edit responses like it was a work setting.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 11:30]
If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 11:31 - Jul 6 with 1352 viewshoppy

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 11:28 - Jul 6 by STYG

I honestly don't know what people get out of this.

I check all my work documentation and it's always meticulous and professional. I see mistakes here all the time and it bothers me a bit, but as you say it's a football forum and I often see mistakes in my own posts because I don't bother to check them.

The fact people take 30 seconds out of their day to post a reply to someone (who could be rushed, multi tasking, not good at spelling or even have learning issues) to point out mistakes is absolutely tragic.

It's even sadder if these posters have never made a mistake in their own posts because they check and edit responses like it was a work setting.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 11:30]

I think you'll find “Multitasking” should be written as one word.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024