Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! 00:35 - Sep 2 with 4433 viewsNutkins_Return

Absolutely sick to death of him having been singled out at the minute of being well off it and not up to it etc. It's massively over the top. He was fouled the other night which cost a goal and nothing more. He played fine all night. He's still well ahead of Baggott (who has massive potential) and there seems to be this weird desire by a section of the fanbase to singal him out for some absolute rubbish at the moment.

He's a quality CB who has had some injury issues. To be honest I think he had a decent pre-season and is a quality player at this level. Some of the stuff being written is nonsense.
Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 00:41 - Sep 2 with 3866 viewsWhos_blue

Bell ends gonna bell!

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 00:51 - Sep 2 with 3823 viewsacj

I like fridge, if he can recapture his best form he’s got so much to offer.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 00:53 - Sep 2 with 3799 viewsFrimleyBlue

He wasn't fine the other night tho. Reading offered little yet he still looked ropey when pressured. That itself wasn't a good sign.

As town fans we all hope you're right about him. But it's not looking good right now.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 01:02 - Sep 2 with 3788 viewsGarv

I don't think he was fouled, it looked like he got an arm on the shoulder but for me be should have been stronger.

Otherwise I agree. Burgess being so good and Edmundson struggling to find form and fitness since a nasty injury has created this over the top narrative that he's some kind of liability.

Its also been said he lacks experience in the Championship, but I don't see anyone using that to suggest Luke Woolfenden will struggle or should be worried about his place, despite GE having as much if not more experience than him.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 01:24 - Sep 2 with 3740 viewsBondiBlue

Not sure what stuff you're referring to (although can probably guess) but the fact is he's been making errors every time he's played for a year now. Yes he's had injuries, yes it looks like they are still affecting him, yes like every player he needs a run of games to get up to speed and into form. There's also probably a bit of disappointment in him given how much he cost, where he came from and how good he has been in the past for us. But right now if i saw him in the starting line-up i'd be slightly worried. On the other hand, i was also worried when i saw hladky in the starting line-up at sunderland, and aside from leeds he's been great.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 02:50 - Sep 2 with 3695 viewsSkip_Intro

tell me that your Fridge's mum without telling me...
Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 03:29 - Sep 2 with 3676 viewsWickets

Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 01:02 - Sep 2 by Garv

I don't think he was fouled, it looked like he got an arm on the shoulder but for me be should have been stronger.

Otherwise I agree. Burgess being so good and Edmundson struggling to find form and fitness since a nasty injury has created this over the top narrative that he's some kind of liability.

Its also been said he lacks experience in the Championship, but I don't see anyone using that to suggest Luke Woolfenden will struggle or should be worried about his place, despite GE having as much if not more experience than him.

He was fouled his heel was trod on I got a good view of it from where I was , think it was accidental but it was a foul .
Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 04:55 - Sep 2 with 3583 viewspointofblue

Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 01:24 - Sep 2 by BondiBlue

Not sure what stuff you're referring to (although can probably guess) but the fact is he's been making errors every time he's played for a year now. Yes he's had injuries, yes it looks like they are still affecting him, yes like every player he needs a run of games to get up to speed and into form. There's also probably a bit of disappointment in him given how much he cost, where he came from and how good he has been in the past for us. But right now if i saw him in the starting line-up i'd be slightly worried. On the other hand, i was also worried when i saw hladky in the starting line-up at sunderland, and aside from leeds he's been great.

I think Edmundson has had two issues - being played on his unfavoured left side before his injury and not having a run of games to refind his form afterwards. It's difficult because Woolfenden can hardly be moved aside at the moment but I think consistent game time would do him the world of good.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 05:19 - Sep 2 with 3556 viewsBondiBlue

Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 04:55 - Sep 2 by pointofblue

I think Edmundson has had two issues - being played on his unfavoured left side before his injury and not having a run of games to refind his form afterwards. It's difficult because Woolfenden can hardly be moved aside at the moment but I think consistent game time would do him the world of good.

I think the real problem is that edmundson can't do what mckenna wants him to do. He seems to be making poor decisions and his execution of simple passes is inconsistent. It looks like he's been taught to be a head it kick it defender and is struggling to adapt. If we played that way i'm sure he'd flourish.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 05:38 - Sep 2 with 3548 viewsKropotkin123

I'd be more confident if Baggott started over him. I think he is the worst on the ball out of our four defenders.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 07:20 - Sep 2 with 3261 viewsNthQldITFC

He was definitely fouled. You can step through the frames on the video and see it. The attackers foot landed on the outside of Edmundson's right heel, pushing his toes into the ground and bending his right foot out. Subtle, almost certainly unintentional and hard to spot for the ref, but definitely a foul and definitely an impossible challenge to ride for a defender.

Along with Baggott, Ball and potentially Tuanzebe he provides decent cover for Woolfy and Burgess through until January at least.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 07:29 - Sep 2 with 3211 viewsArnieM

Has he been fouled every time he’s lost possession up the pitch which has then gone on to end in a goal against then? He’s not good enough!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 07:34 - Sep 2 with 3191 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sadly he is well off it and miles away from staking a claim for a starting place in our team.

When was the last time he played with the commanding presence and confidence he showed under Paul Cook in the first part of the 2021/22 season?

He never looked convincing on the left of a three when McKenna took over. His season was ended with a terrible ankle injury. Started the 22/23 season but was dropped in favour of Burgess after some error strewn performances. Came back in the team when Burgess suffered that multiple fracture facial injury but was out of the team again as soon as Burgess was able to play,

He then missed the second half of last season with a reoccurrence of the ankle injury.

Whether it’s down to the injury or lack of football, but his confidence looks shot and his decision making is poor. Not just in the Reading game. He was error prone pre season and cost is a couple of goals. Seen too many goals conceded by him losing possession in the few games he has played.

Sorry to say this because he was class when he joined.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2023 7:37]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 08:02 - Sep 2 with 3052 viewsMookamoo

Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 03:29 - Sep 2 by Wickets

He was fouled his heel was trod on I got a good view of it from where I was , think it was accidental but it was a foul .

Its harsh to single out a single moment, but it cost us. Foul or not, it should have been dealt with before any contact became an issue. Everything he is doing is half a beat away from where it should be. Only games will get that back.

Question is, is he ever going to be this ball playing LCB we seem to be after to challenge Burgess. I don't think he ever was and we expect too much from him.
Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 08:23 - Sep 2 with 2940 viewsDJR

Given that there seemed to me no question of his being sold or going out on loan suggests to me that McKenna sees him as more than an adequate back-up.

And it mustn't be forgotten, when he was fit and playing regularly on the left, that he was actually quite good on the ball and going forward.

He also has the ability to play on the left or right.

Maybe it is just the fitness he needs, because it wasn't so long ago that his leg was in a modern-day cast.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2023 8:27]
Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 08:40 - Sep 2 with 2818 viewsibbleobble

It wasn’t so long ago that Burgess was getting the same level of criticism with the same monikers. They’re both good players with slightly different attributes at different levels of form largely due to many different factors. Town fans should be delighted we have someone like Edmundson who can come off the bench and compete imo.
Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 09:51 - Sep 2 with 2606 viewscressi

Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 08:40 - Sep 2 by ibbleobble

It wasn’t so long ago that Burgess was getting the same level of criticism with the same monikers. They’re both good players with slightly different attributes at different levels of form largely due to many different factors. Town fans should be delighted we have someone like Edmundson who can come off the bench and compete imo.

Hopefully a blip But if we defend like we did v leeds Edmondson will get his chance sooner than later.
Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 10:03 - Sep 2 with 2544 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Always looks shaky to me. Plays about 4 games, gets injured and we don't see him for months after. There you go........
Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 10:12 - Sep 2 with 2503 viewsDarth_Koont

Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 04:55 - Sep 2 by pointofblue

Well said.

Clearly, Edmundson is behind in the pecking order but, more than anything else, that’s because Woolfenden and Burgess have established confidence in themselves individually and as a pairing during Edmundson’s absence.

His task now is to cover and play bit parts while trying to offer competition for starts. But the latter is very difficult given the success of the WolfsBurg partnership and our likely unwillingness to gamble in the Championship. A new central pairing wouldn’t have been such a problem in League One but there’s much more risk of it being exposed in the Championship.

Anyway, there’s a lot on Edmundson to step up and deliver when he gets his chance. But that chance hasn’t come yet so not sure how anyone can be so confident in binning him off now.

Pronouns: He/Him

Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 10:12 - Sep 2 with 2502 viewsWallingford_Boy

Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 00:53 - Sep 2 by FrimleyBlue

He wasn't fine the other night tho. Reading offered little yet he still looked ropey when pressured. That itself wasn't a good sign.

As town fans we all hope you're right about him. But it's not looking good right now.

Baggott was head and shoulders above him at Reading, he’s sooooooooo slow on the ball it’s mad.

He had an ok game to be fair though.

RIP Sir Bobby

Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 10:16 - Sep 2 with 2466 viewschicoazul

Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 09:51 - Sep 2 by cressi

Hopefully a blip But if we defend like we did v leeds Edmondson will get his chance sooner than later.

One blip after months of no defeats against a front line of 3 20m players and people are saying change is coming in defence. Deranged argument.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 10:18 - Sep 2 with 2450 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 10:12 - Sep 2 by Wallingford_Boy

Baggott was head and shoulders above him at Reading, he’s sooooooooo slow on the ball it’s mad.

He had an ok game to be fair though.

Well said. Some people clearly don't watch the games.
Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 10:21 - Sep 2 with 2449 viewsDubtractor

Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 10:16 - Sep 2 by chicoazul

One blip after months of no defeats against a front line of 3 20m players and people are saying change is coming in defence. Deranged argument.

I really struggle with how fickle/short term thinking a lot of our support is these days. Everything has to be immediate, no one has the patience to let things play out anymore. We're 4 games into the season - no one will be firing on all cylinders yet, mistakes are more likely to be made, partnerships not quite gelled etc.

Its like no one learned after getting all worked up when we had our wobble last winter, then it all panned out OK after all.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 10:30 - Sep 2 with 2394 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 10:21 - Sep 2 by Dubtractor

I really struggle with how fickle/short term thinking a lot of our support is these days. Everything has to be immediate, no one has the patience to let things play out anymore. We're 4 games into the season - no one will be firing on all cylinders yet, mistakes are more likely to be made, partnerships not quite gelled etc.

Its like no one learned after getting all worked up when we had our wobble last winter, then it all panned out OK after all.

Different league this. You need to be at it from the first minute. We have had a good few weeks, but we got lucky against Sunderland and QPR. Really only Stoke where we looked assured. The defense looks very shaky at times. As the season gets going we are going to get punished. Edmundson really doesn't cut it, it's harsh but think it's true. Hope lm wrong, but he is way to slow.
Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 10:35 - Sep 2 with 2383 viewsSwansea_Blue

Edmundson, right I'm calling it now! on 10:21 - Sep 2 by Dubtractor

Completely agree, some idiots are very fickle. People changing their minds every 5 minutes.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024