Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick loves a dig... 17:50 - Jan 20 with 37719 viewsLuk38644

Mick loves a dig... on 19:44 - Jan 20 with 7828 viewsRyorry

Mick loves a dig... on 19:36 - Jan 20 by artsbossbeard

You can't defend the "fans" though if they're tweeting the boy directly and saying exactly this.

I'm not sticking up for Mick, I'd hope that any manager of a player would've done exactly the same. The collective pipe laggers & tyre fitters/UEFA Coaching level fans aren't always right.

"tweeting the boy directly and saying exactly this."

Must say I didn't realise that had been the case - out of order, and it certainly alters my view. But MM should probably have put it more diplomatically. I guess he just doesn't do diplomacy!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Mick loves a dig... on 19:46 - Jan 20 with 7811 viewstextbackup

Mick loves a dig... on 19:12 - Jan 20 by J2BLUE

Fair point.

Knowing how our owner works, who are you expecting MM to be replaced with?

I dread to think, all I know is one thing, micks done here

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mick loves a dig... on 19:48 - Jan 20 with 7800 viewsRyorry

Mick loves a dig... on 19:07 - Jan 20 by Mullet

It's not really a dig is it?

Those that are upset by it, as ever, are simply feeling embarrassment or guilt at their own actions and words.

I hadn't said a single thing (I never do about new players), and "upset"is too strong a word, but I've found his accusations by generalisation quite annoying.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Mick loves a dig... on 19:50 - Jan 20 with 7792 viewsJ2BLUE

Mick loves a dig... on 19:46 - Jan 20 by textbackup

I dread to think, all I know is one thing, micks done here

I agree he's done.

Imagine the shortlist though...

Phil Brown
Simon Grayson
Steve Cotterill (hopefully he'll narrowly keep Birmingham up and not be available)
Gary Megson

*shivers*

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mick loves a dig... on 20:06 - Jan 20 with 7757 viewsKilburnBlue

Mick McCarthy told sky afterwards

"We come up here and people think we are Ipswich Town with Sir Bobby Robson still involved with all his players. They think we are a top top team and should beat Bolton. But that's not the case. Bolton have a lot of Championship experience in their team and they are on a resurgence.

"I have never had an easy game here. And at the end of it I will take the point. Bolton are no mugs and they didn't make it easy for us. They are a big powerful team. We actually played great football from 1-0 down, a football team turned up then and we played well."

Mick loves a dig... on 20:19 - Jan 20 with 7724 viewsSomethingBlue

Mick loves a dig... on 18:59 - Jan 20 by braveblue

Yes. Good idea. Have a dig and send a few more away never to return..

If that sends anyone away then it's not to do with Mick or football.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Mick loves a dig... on 20:21 - Jan 20 with 7721 viewsKeaneish

Mick loves a dig... on 18:56 - Jan 20 by Darth_Koont

There is no option for him to renew his contract. Not yet anyway.

He's always said, 'he'll decide his future in the summer'. From this we can take it that Evans would happily discuss another contract otherwise there's nothing for Mick to decide upon.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Mick loves a dig... on 20:24 - Jan 20 with 7713 viewspointofblue

Mick loves a dig... on 20:21 - Jan 20 by Keaneish

He's always said, 'he'll decide his future in the summer'. From this we can take it that Evans would happily discuss another contract otherwise there's nothing for Mick to decide upon.

It's an intriguing question - if the creative players could stay fit then we could have a chance of challenging the top six next year (if we want to challenge this year I think we have to beat Wolves, Sunderland and Burton). It's a big but though, after what's happened this year.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Mick loves a dig... on 20:25 - Jan 20 with 7709 viewsDarth_Koont

Mick loves a dig... on 20:21 - Jan 20 by Keaneish

I don't think it's that simple. Sure they'll have a discussion when the season's over (we're safe and/or we can't make the play-offs). But it's got mutual consent written all over it.

But based on what we know now, the ball is entirely in Evans' court. Mick even said he'd make a decision whether to renew his contract "if offered".

Pronouns: He/Him

Mick loves a dig... on 20:29 - Jan 20 with 7690 viewsBlueBadger

Frankly if you're offended by this comment, then you're the people who SHOULD be offended by it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Mick loves a dig... on 20:47 - Jan 20 with 7674 viewsDarkHorse

Mick loves a dig... on 19:07 - Jan 20 by Mullet

It's not really a dig is it?

Those that are upset by it, as ever, are simply feeling embarrassment or guilt at their own actions and words.

Of course it's a dig! And a completely unnecessary one at that. I've seen little/no negativity around the signing of Gleeson, the opposite in fact.

I've heard of managers creating a siege mentality before, but against your own fans? Very odd behaviour. I can't think of another manager that acts like this so often. Why not show a little dignity and ignore the small minority of idiots?
Mick loves a dig... on 20:49 - Jan 20 with 7658 viewsartsbossbeard

Mick loves a dig... on 20:47 - Jan 20 by DarkHorse

Of course it's a dig! And a completely unnecessary one at that. I've seen little/no negativity around the signing of Gleeson, the opposite in fact.

I've heard of managers creating a siege mentality before, but against your own fans? Very odd behaviour. I can't think of another manager that acts like this so often. Why not show a little dignity and ignore the small minority of idiots?

So, you've seen no negativity around the signing on Gleeson but we should also ignore the small minority of idiots? Gotcha.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Mick loves a dig... on 21:47 - Jan 20 with 7603 viewsDarth_Koont

Mick loves a dig... on 20:24 - Jan 20 by pointofblue

It's an intriguing question - if the creative players could stay fit then we could have a chance of challenging the top six next year (if we want to challenge this year I think we have to beat Wolves, Sunderland and Burton). It's a big but though, after what's happened this year.

I like big buts.

Mick loves a dig... on 22:00 - Jan 20 with 7579 viewstextbackup

Mick loves a dig... on 20:47 - Jan 20 by DarkHorse

He’s simply deflected the focus off how awful HIS team were, so it gives everyone something else to discuss.

Mick loves a dig... on 22:02 - Jan 20 with 7573 viewsDarth_Koont

Mick loves a dig... on 22:00 - Jan 20 by textbackup

He’s simply deflected the focus off how awful HIS team were, so it gives everyone something else to discuss.

They weren't awful though.

Mick loves a dig... on 22:03 - Jan 20 with 7562 viewstextbackup

Mick loves a dig... on 22:02 - Jan 20 by Darth_Koont

RIIiiiight, you witnessed that first half, yeah?

Mick loves a dig... on 22:03 - Jan 20 with 7566 viewsSomethingBlue

Mick loves a dig... on 22:00 - Jan 20 by textbackup

It was just a Championship away game, a run-of-the-mill draw like anything. Why the drama? There must be other stuff that animates you!

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Mick loves a dig... on 22:04 - Jan 20 with 7554 viewsSuperfrans

Mick loves a dig... on 18:04 - Jan 20 by Trequartista

What a child. He's judging a player after 45 minutes? If he doesn't like our fans why doesn't he go somewhere else?

“What a child”.

Now, that’s ironic.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Mick loves a dig... on 22:06 - Jan 20 with 7547 viewstextbackup

Mick loves a dig... on 22:03 - Jan 20 by SomethingBlue

It was just a Championship away game, a run-of-the-mill draw like anything. Why the drama? There must be other stuff that animates you!

Ah just a championship game, that old excuse again.

Yes there is, but as I’m posting on an ITFC message board I thought I’d talk about that. Don’t mock me for being pissed off with a 1-1 draw at fcking Bolton, says more about you lot that accept it as alright than it does me for being pissed off with that

Mick loves a dig... on 22:08 - Jan 20 with 7544 viewsitfcjoe

Mick loves a dig... on 22:03 - Jan 20 by SomethingBlue

We were really poor today - so, so sloppy

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mick loves a dig... on 22:09 - Jan 20 with 7530 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Mick loves a dig... on 22:02 - Jan 20 by Darth_Koont

They weren't awful in the last 8 minutes. They were good actually in that period of time.
Mick loves a dig... (n/t) on 22:23 - Jan 20 with 7510 viewsPhilTWTD

Mick loves a dig... (n/t) on 19:43 - Jan 20 by textbackup

This post has been edited by an administrator

It's not OK to call anybody that, the abuse is becoming tiresome.
Mick loves a dig... (n/t) on 22:25 - Jan 20 with 7501 viewstextbackup

Mick loves a dig... (n/t) on 22:23 - Jan 20 by PhilTWTD

It's not OK to call anybody that, the abuse is becoming tiresome.

But, to be clear, nobody died did they? Because if they did then I’m sorry, if not, then fck it, it’s just a word

Mick loves a dig... (n/t) on 22:30 - Jan 20 with 7484 viewsPhilTWTD

Mick loves a dig... (n/t) on 22:25 - Jan 20 by textbackup

But, to be clear, nobody died did they? Because if they did then I’m sorry, if not, then fck it, it’s just a word

Maybe, but one we've asked not to be used on here.
Mick loves a dig... on 22:40 - Jan 20 with 7459 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mick loves a dig... on 17:54 - Jan 20 by Darth_Koont

Haha. Pretty much spot on though.

Anyone who said Gleeson was a poor signing (or even not what we needed) before he played a minute deserves a bit of a verbal slap.

He played well today. If Skuse is fit then I'd like us to play a Skuse, Connolly. Gleeson midfield against Wolves and perhaps get us linking up in the middle of the pitch, which has been our problem almost all season (apart from when Huws or Adeyemi have come in).

This could be the 'drop McGoldrick' solution then.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024