Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is the roughest part of Ipswich? (n/t) 14:02 - Oct 9 with 19001 viewsMaySixth

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

What is the roughest part of Ipswich? (n/t) on 07:25 - Oct 10 with 2961 viewsReuser_is_God

What is the roughest part of Ipswich? (n/t) on 06:52 - Oct 10 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Jubilee Park, although a special mention for the row of house right in the centre next to the Willis building which for my money must constitute the worst street of houses in the Town

Yeah, that little row of houses is strange.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

What is the roughest part of Ipswich? (n/t) on 08:16 - Oct 10 with 2890 viewsartsbossbeard

What is the roughest part of Ipswich? (n/t) on 07:25 - Oct 10 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah, that little row of houses is strange.

There was a a programme on the Crime & Investigation channel the other night featuring Ipswich and the street drinking murders back in 2011.

Worth a watch. That row of houses was featured as some poor lass got knifed to death in one.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

What is the roughest part of Ipswich? (n/t) on 08:28 - Oct 10 with 2873 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

My mate got mugged on the stoke estate.

So I would probably go with that. It is pretty rough.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

What is the roughest part of Ipswich? (n/t) on 08:37 - Oct 10 with 2861 viewsReuser_is_God

What is the roughest part of Ipswich? (n/t) on 08:16 - Oct 10 by artsbossbeard

There was a a programme on the Crime & Investigation channel the other night featuring Ipswich and the street drinking murders back in 2011.

Worth a watch. That row of houses was featured as some poor lass got knifed to death in one.

I went to school with the girls brother.

I was not surprised when I heard she’d murdered 2 people.

Evans out

What is the roughest part of Ipswich? (n/t) on 08:40 - Oct 10 with 2852 viewsReuser_is_God

What is the roughest part of Ipswich? (n/t) on 07:21 - Oct 10 by Dubtractor

This. It really isn't a bad place at all, but has a high number of old estates which have had their issues over the years.

The only thing letting Ipswich down at the minute is the 14 year old pricks who have watched a few episodes of Power & think that’s a glamorous life to lead.

Evans out

What is the roughest part of Ipswich? (n/t) on 08:54 - Oct 10 with 2815 viewsKieran_Knows

Will try give that a watch over the weekend.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What is the roughest part of Ipswich? (n/t) on 09:13 - Oct 10 with 2791 viewsNthQldITFC

There is a frightful build up of fallen leaves on Park Road at the moment.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

What is the roughest part of Ipswich? (n/t) on 09:26 - Oct 10 with 2770 viewsBlue_Moses

What is the roughest part of Ipswich? (n/t) on 17:52 - Oct 9 by Vic

Absolutely not Whitton! 15 yrs ago maybe, but not now.

Agree on that, it's gone soft since the Council houses got sold off. Whitton wouldn't even make the top 3 anymore
Login to get fewer ads

What is the roughest part of Ipswich? (n/t) on 09:34 - Oct 10 with 2754 viewsBlue_Moses

What is the roughest part of Ipswich? (n/t) on 08:40 - Oct 10 by Reuser_is_God

The only thing letting Ipswich down at the minute is the 14 year old pricks who have watched a few episodes of Power & think that’s a glamorous life to lead.

I suspect that's the same for the UK, not just Ipswich
What is the roughest part of Ipswich? (n/t) on 09:48 - Oct 10 with 2739 viewsgainsboroughblue

It's all down to perception really. Gainsborough could be viewed as rough to someone unfamiliar with the area but I don't think it is at all as I live there and know it so well. It's a fairly decent community really and nothing as bad as it was years ago when police had to be a firm presence most nights.

No particular estate is, as such, that bad nowadays like they were maybe 20-30 years ago. Queens Way area of Nacton and the area around Jubilee Park/St Matthews still has it's problems as we are aware.

When I was growing up, it was always Whitton, Chantry (including Cambridge Drive area) and Nacton/Gainsboroughthat had the bad reputations. Greenwich has always seemed to me to be the forgotten estate, not only by people but the council as well. Always the last area of town to be given new doors/windows etc. It was just very deprived.

Whitehouse and Maidenhall were pretty tough areas but seemed largely self-policed by larger than life characters who lived on the estate.

Rushmere/Selkirk seemed pretty tame in comparasion to other council areas but again, I worked there for a number of years so familiarity set in.

The bottom of Stoke Park (Downside, Alderlee, Whitland etc) just seemed full of drugs. It is also an odd little bit of town as it's sandwiched between two very well off areas (Belstead/Pinewood).

Old Stoke has always been a bit ropey but it's not an estate per se. Norwich Road/Bramford Road can be intimidating in the darker hours but this is mainly due to the very large congregations of groups just standing around appearing to have no real purpose for being there.

North East Ipswich is certainly up there among the most affluent areas in the region.

All in all, Ipswich is worse than some places but not as bad as a lot.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

What is the roughest part of Ipswich? (n/t) on 09:51 - Oct 10 with 2725 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

If that’s the programme and murders I’m thinking of then I don’t think that was there

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

What is the roughest part of Ipswich? (n/t) on 10:41 - Oct 10 with 2666 viewsmonty_radio

Luke Chambers?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

I don't live in Ipswich.... on 11:15 - Oct 10 with 2636 viewsOsborneOneNil

I don't live in Ipswich.... on 21:17 - Oct 9 by Bloots

….and having read this thread, I'm delighted.

Haha!! Same!!

The OP asks 'what is the roughest part of Ipswich', and within 5 posts the whole town is covered.
I don't live in Ipswich.... on 11:17 - Oct 10 with 2631 viewsBlue_Moses

I don't live in Ipswich.... on 11:15 - Oct 10 by OsborneOneNil

Haha!! Same!!

The OP asks 'what is the roughest part of Ipswich', and within 5 posts the whole town is covered.

Don't think the Dales, Castle Hill, Northgate or Copleston have been mentioned...yet
I don't live in Ipswich.... on 11:19 - Oct 10 with 2632 viewschicoazul

I don't live in Ipswich.... on 22:12 - Oct 9 by textbackup

We all are

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I don't live in Ipswich.... on 11:46 - Oct 10 with 2590 viewsOsborneOneNil

I don't live in Ipswich.... on 11:17 - Oct 10 by Blue_Moses

Don't think the Dales, Castle Hill, Northgate or Copleston have been mentioned...yet

Have now!

Are there any areas left?
I don't live in Ipswich.... on 11:48 - Oct 10 with 2584 viewsitfcjoe

I don't live in Ipswich.... on 11:46 - Oct 10 by OsborneOneNil

Have now!

Are there any areas left?

Loads

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I don't live in Ipswich.... on 12:05 - Oct 10 with 2555 viewsOsborneOneNil

I don't live in Ipswich.... on 11:48 - Oct 10 by itfcjoe

Loads

Big place.
What is the roughest part of Ipswich? (n/t) on 12:12 - Oct 10 with 2545 viewsHerbivore

Ipswich does seem to have a lot of estates. Norwich has way fewer.

What area of Ipswich is the Silver Star pub in? I ended up in there once around Xmas when the town centre was on lock down and it was rough as arses.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What is the roughest part of Ipswich? (n/t) on 12:28 - Oct 10 with 2515 viewsgainsboroughblue

What is the roughest part of Ipswich? (n/t) on 12:12 - Oct 10 by Herbivore

What area of Ipswich is the Silver Star pub in? I ended up in there once around Xmas when the town centre was on lock down and it was rough as arses.

That's Old Stoke.

It's a Polish community place now.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

What is the roughest part of Ipswich? (n/t) on 12:31 - Oct 10 with 2516 viewsITFC_Forever

What is the roughest part of Ipswich? (n/t) on 12:12 - Oct 10 by Herbivore

Wherstead Rd, near Old Stoke.

Norwich has some rough estates as well - Heartsease, Mile Cross, Bowthorpe, Larkman to name a few.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What is the roughest part of Ipswich? (n/t) on 12:36 - Oct 10 with 2495 viewsChondzoresk

Australia Estate behind Heath Road, well dodgy.
I don't live in Ipswich.... on 12:44 - Oct 10 with 2477 viewsitfcjoe

I don't live in Ipswich.... on 12:05 - Oct 10 by OsborneOneNil

Big place.

Just lots of little areas, a lot of these rough areas are probably less than 200 houses

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What is the roughest part of Ipswich? (n/t) on 12:46 - Oct 10 with 2471 viewsReuser_is_God

What is the roughest part of Ipswich? (n/t) on 12:31 - Oct 10 by ITFC_Forever

Wherstead Rd, near Old Stoke.

Norwich has some rough estates as well - Heartsease, Mile Cross, Bowthorpe, Larkman to name a few.

You can rent it out as a pub too, according to a sign on the door.

Evans out

What is the roughest part of Ipswich? (n/t) on 12:47 - Oct 10 with 2464 viewsMaySixth

What is the roughest part of Ipswich? (n/t) on 20:13 - Oct 9 by Pinewoodblue

Which the OP won't answer.

Interested as being London born and bred and following Town for 30 odd years only seen small parts of the town - station, docks, ground, town centre

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024