Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's get it out there on the record then... 12:40 - Oct 29 with 67399 viewsSpruceMoose

Voting intention?

Spruce: Currently undecided.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 13:42 - Oct 29 with 4678 viewsHerbivore

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 13:38 - Oct 29 by uefacup81

Mine's an odd one in that Norwich South is essentially one of Labour's safest seats with a 15,500 majority over the Tories, but it's also been a four-way marginal as recently as 2010 when fewer than seven thousand votes split the Labour, Green, Tory, and Lib Dem candidates.

The 2017 standings were:

Labour - 31,311
Tory - 15,715
Lib Dem - 2,841
Green - 1,492

The Lib Dems have gone from a 310 majority in 2010 to being 28,470 behind Labour in 2017, but it'll be interesting to see how they do this time around given that the large student population will need to trade-off their betrayal over tuition fees against their pro-EU stance.

I imagine the Tory tactic will be to hope that the Labour vote fragments back to 2010 levels if the students forgive the Lib Dems, which would mean if they can retain the majority of their 15,715 votes from last time, that would be enough for them to charge through the middle and take the seat.

At the moment I'm thinking Labour as being the best chance of beating the Torys in the seat, but I'll be keeping a close eye on the polling.

Clive Lewis seems to be well thought of locally, I'd be very surprised if he didn't win fairly comfortably. I said as much in 2017 when a couple of posters were predicting they'd lose that seat after regaining it in 2015.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 13:43 - Oct 29 with 4677 viewsSpruceMoose

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 13:39 - Oct 29 by GaryCooper

So many posters intending to vote for a party under investigation by the EHRC, what a strange hypocritical outlook.

Labour's problem seems significant, and has been handled poorly.

Although, of course, a spot of racism never seemed to bother Tory or Brexit Party voters in the past did it? Only recently is it something many seem to care about. I guess they must have just been holding their nose or looking the other way Arsene Wenger style when in the polling booth.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 13:46 - Oct 29 with 4650 viewsElderGrizzly

Lib Dem, but wasted in the Fens as Tory will win no matter what. Only hope is there is a bit of move against Lucy Fraser as she votes for herself not her constituents.

For me, it will be interesting how much Brexit Party will cannibalise the Tory vote, if they play on the fact Boris can’t be trusted to get a deal done.
Let's get it out there on the record then... on 13:46 - Oct 29 with 4652 viewsSaleAway

General election 2017: Wythenshawe and Sale East[4]
Party Candidate Votes % ±
Labour Mike Kane 28,525 62.2 +12.1
Conservative Fiona Green 13,581 29.6 +3.9
Liberal Democrat William Jones 1,504 3.3 −1.2
UKIP Mike Bayley-Sanderson 1,475 3.2 -11.5
Green Dan Jerrome 576 1.3 −2.6
Independent Luckson Augustine 185 0.4 N/

really doesn't matter what I vote. We are in the safest of safe labour seats..... sign me up for proper PR as currently I'm essentially disenfranchised.

However, this is the problem, we're having an election when there is a massive cross party single issue. Its the stupidest idea I've ever seen. We need a referendum on the leave deal, or remain, and then once thats sorted, we can have an election, where people's votes can go towards a proper manifesto.

No one seems to have considered what happens if the election returns us to the exact status quo that we currently have... what then? Keep going? Have another election? ****ing ridiculous.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 13:46 - Oct 29 with 4649 viewsElderGrizzly

Lib Dem, but wasted in the Fens as Tory will win no matter what. Only hope is there is a bit of move against Lucy Fraser as she votes for herself not her constituents.

For me, it will be interesting how much Brexit Party will cannibalise the Tory vote, if they play on the fact Boris can’t be trusted to get a deal done...
Let's get it out there on the record then... on 13:46 - Oct 29 with 4645 viewsOldsmoker

Heidi Allen has announced she won't be seeking re-election at the next GE.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 13:46 - Oct 29 with 4645 viewsTractorWood

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 13:39 - Oct 29 by SouperJim

Truly pointless, vote Jefferys, at least his vote share went up last time.

I can't vote for Labour or Tory after the last 2/3 years.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 13:47 - Oct 29 with 4640 viewsMookamoo

Most probably Labour. Although I really don't want to.

Its a silly game.
Login to get fewer ads

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 13:48 - Oct 29 with 4640 viewsStokieBlue

It matters little in my constituency:

Labour - Diane Abbott - 42,265 (75.1%)
Tory - Amy Gray - 7,126
Libs - Joe Richards - 3,817

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 13:49 - Oct 29 with 4630 viewsGaryCooper

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 13:43 - Oct 29 by SpruceMoose

Labour's problem seems significant, and has been handled poorly.

Although, of course, a spot of racism never seemed to bother Tory or Brexit Party voters in the past did it? Only recently is it something many seem to care about. I guess they must have just been holding their nose or looking the other way Arsene Wenger style when in the polling booth.

Agreed, racism across all fronts, only one party being investigated though.

I'm sorry but voting for that party is endorsing it, spoilt paper is the only answer to a clear conscience.
Let's get it out there on the record then... on 13:50 - Oct 29 with 4622 viewsSouperJim

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 13:46 - Oct 29 by TractorWood

I can't vote for Labour or Tory after the last 2/3 years.

Fair enough. Won't matter a crud anyway, pointless GE is pointless. We need a meaningful referendum first.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 13:50 - Oct 29 with 4617 viewsuefacup81

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 13:42 - Oct 29 by Herbivore

Clive Lewis seems to be well thought of locally, I'd be very surprised if he didn't win fairly comfortably. I said as much in 2017 when a couple of posters were predicting they'd lose that seat after regaining it in 2015.

You'd hope so.

The missus and I bumped into him in the Forum on Sunday morning and he came across as a very pleasant chap, and I'm sure all his support of pro-Remain causes and Extinction Rebellion will play well with the largely-student electorate in Norwich South.

My only worry is if the Greens and Lib Dems have a resurgence and start taking back the voters who lent their support to Clive back in 2015 and 2017.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 13:51 - Oct 29 with 4606 viewsSpruceMoose

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 13:49 - Oct 29 by GaryCooper

Agreed, racism across all fronts, only one party being investigated though.

I'm sorry but voting for that party is endorsing it, spoilt paper is the only answer to a clear conscience.

That's certainly a valid viewpoint. However, what if your local MP is one of the MPs fighting back against the racism in their party? What are your thoughts on removing that person from a position of power and removing their ability to fight against racism from within?

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 13:52 - Oct 29 with 4604 viewsBiGDonnie

BNP or Green Party. Currently undecided.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 13:52 - Oct 29 with 4596 viewsSpruceMoose

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 13:48 - Oct 29 by StokieBlue

It matters little in my constituency:

Labour - Diane Abbott - 42,265 (75.1%)
Tory - Amy Gray - 7,126
Libs - Joe Richards - 3,817

SB

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 13:53 - Oct 29 with 4587 viewsSouperJim

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 13:52 - Oct 29 by BiGDonnie

BNP or Green Party. Currently undecided.

Tough choice, what with their manifestos being so similar.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 13:54 - Oct 29 with 4576 viewsfooters

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 13:52 - Oct 29 by SpruceMoose

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 13:55 - Oct 29 with 4567 viewsGaryCooper

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 13:51 - Oct 29 by SpruceMoose

That's certainly a valid viewpoint. However, what if your local MP is one of the MPs fighting back against the racism in their party? What are your thoughts on removing that person from a position of power and removing their ability to fight against racism from within?

On that note I see Margaret Hodge has been reselected, which is a good thing.

The labour Ipswich MP is below useless, if it voting for the person I fail to see how he can be voted for.
Let's get it out there on the record then... on 13:57 - Oct 29 with 4545 viewsSpruceMoose

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 13:55 - Oct 29 by GaryCooper

On that note I see Margaret Hodge has been reselected, which is a good thing.

The labour Ipswich MP is below useless, if it voting for the person I fail to see how he can be voted for.

I'd be interested to hear a more detailed response about your opinion of Sandy Martin?

I've come into contact with him on a somewhat regular basis over the years, although not for the last couple, and he's always struck me as a decent sort as far as politicians go, and also genuinely concerned with Ipswich affairs.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2019 14:01]

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 14:01 - Oct 29 with 4522 viewsGaryCooper

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 13:57 - Oct 29 by SpruceMoose

I'd be interested to hear a more detailed response about your opinion of Sandy Martin?

I've come into contact with him on a somewhat regular basis over the years, although not for the last couple, and he's always struck me as a decent sort as far as politicians go, and also genuinely concerned with Ipswich affairs.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2019 14:01]

Willing but ineffectual, plaudits and little result, he is no Ken Weetch.
Let's get it out there on the record then... on 14:03 - Oct 29 with 4512 viewsSpruceMoose

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 14:01 - Oct 29 by GaryCooper

Willing but ineffectual, plaudits and little result, he is no Ken Weetch.

My issue is, looking at the other candidates, they seem entirely unrelated to the town, and entirely lacking in any kind of credible experience.

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 14:13 - Oct 29 with 4487 viewsSwailsey

Labour

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 14:49 - Oct 29 with 4458 viewsSikamikanico

The Tory MP in South Suffolk received 60% of the vote.

Labour were a distant 2nd but I will vote for them as the least worst choice in my area
Let's get it out there on the record then... on 15:00 - Oct 29 with 4427 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm not sure I can bring myself to vote for any of them

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Let's get it out there on the record then... on 15:02 - Oct 29 with 4419 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Labour.

I don't care less if Dianne Abbott is in charge of them. It isn't about who leads them now but stopping the f***ing Tories from ruining the country forever.

We can then sort out who should be leading the country later, once we have not all committed mass suicide by Conservative.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024