Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
15 years ago today the Met Police murdered 10:53 - Jul 22 with 15317 viewsJakeITFC

Jean Charles de Mendez on a tube train near Stockwell.

Cressida Dick, in charge of the operation that day, remains commissioner of the Metropolitan Police.

A shocking incident followed by a cover-up and misinformation campaign.
15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 12:54 - Jul 22 with 3164 viewssparks

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 11:45 - Jul 22 by JakeITFC

How would you describe 11 shots aimed to the head of an unarmed, mis-identified man who was restrained on a tube train if it isn't murder?

Murder requires malice aforethought.

I have no reason to believe that any involved actively wanted to harm or kill an innocent person.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 12:58 - Jul 22 with 3145 viewseastangliaisblue

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 12:13 - Jul 22 by monytowbray

This is a proper Bootlicker post. 👞

This time i'm with you on the Bootlicker comment!
15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 13:01 - Jul 22 with 3137 viewsbluelagos

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 11:10 - Jul 22 by bournemouthblue

It was an unfortunate incident at a time when the police were on high alert

Hadn't he been staying in a set of flats which was of interest to the police for terror suspects?

He then didn't stop at the Tube Station when told to by Police, vaulted the gates and ran towards a train?

As others have said, your final paragraph is basically a rehash of the lies told by the Met Police and repeated many times in the media since.

That the Met Police were so ready to spread lies and disinformation rather than accept responsibility for their killing an innocent man, instead choosing to pass the blame onto the victim of their mistakes is a shocking indictment of how their default position is to defend their reputation rather than accept their failures.

And it is pretty shameful to repeat those lies when it would take about 30 seconds of research to learn the truth in this case. (Accepting you put a ? so were not necessarily making the police case)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 13:06 - Jul 22 with 3119 viewshampstead_blue

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 11:18 - Jul 22 by footers

Yeah, I confuse Brazilian electricians for jihadists all the time. Easy mistake to make.

Maybe being on a armed counter terror unit isn't the right role for you footers.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 13:07 - Jul 22 with 3116 viewsFixed_It

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 12:54 - Jul 22 by sparks

Murder requires malice aforethought.

I have no reason to believe that any involved actively wanted to harm or kill an innocent person.

Is the correct answer.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 13:07 - Jul 22 with 3115 viewshampstead_blue

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 11:20 - Jul 22 by JakeITFC

11 shots aimed to the head of an unarmed, mis-identified man who was restrained on a tube train.

Pretty murderous mistake imo.

Walk in the shoes of that role and stop making utterly stupid comments.

Those teams put their lives on the line day in day out to protect the civilian population.

What a waste of fresh air.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 13:11 - Jul 22 with 3100 viewsbluelagos

Cressida Dick doesn't remain Met commissioner. She was promoted to that position.

On the day of the killing of JC De Menzes she was in charge of the operation. That the operation was a total fck up is beyond debate. That she or no other officer was ever held to account for that fck up is beyond debate. That she has now been promoted to the most senior position in the police speaks volumes imho for our systems of holding the police to account.

That the police sprayed a carriage with bullets is deemed by some to be acceptable says a lot about how for some people, they have and will continue to defend the indefensible. That is their perogative I guess.

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 13:14 - Jul 22 with 3086 viewshampstead_blue

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 12:10 - Jul 22 by Libero

Hampster is fast turning into the panto villain of the site.

If you and others actually believe the OP's statement then sadly you are the bootlicker, panti villain, waste of space etc etc of the site.

Walk in the shoes of the CT teams. Do you even know the rules of engagement?
Were you on the briefing with the CT team?

Have you ever spoken to someone doing that type of role?

You and I'd say 99% of you on this site haven't.

Calling the Met murderers and insulting me, and I have done a very similar job btw, show a total lack of understanding and respect to those who put themselves at risk to protect you and you and you and you.........

If you don't want CT teams working for your safety then move. Mistakes are made down to the nature of the job.

Login to get fewer ads

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 13:15 - Jul 22 with 3083 viewseireblue

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 13:07 - Jul 22 by hampstead_blue

Those teams put their lives on the line day in day out to protect the civilian population.

The Met Police were found guilty of endangering the civilian population.

Maybe you should go back and read the IPCC reports, the Inquest and the court cases.
15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 13:19 - Jul 22 with 3077 viewsLibero

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 13:14 - Jul 22 by hampstead_blue

If you and others actually believe the OP's statement then sadly you are the bootlicker, panti villain, waste of space etc etc of the site.

Calling the Met murderers and insulting me, and I have done a very similar job btw, show a total lack of understanding and respect to those who put themselves at risk to protect you and you and you and you.........

If you don't want CT teams working for your safety then move. Mistakes are made down to the nature of the job.

An innocent man was shot dead and all you can wimper on abut is "rules of engagement" while asking who has or has not been involved with the police force and military.
You are sounding more and more like an extremist every day.
FWIW, I have family members who are currently in the police, both of my Grandfather's served our country.

[Post edited 22 Jul 2020 13:20]
15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 13:19 - Jul 22 with 3076 viewshampstead_blue

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 13:15 - Jul 22 by eireblue

The Met Police were found guilty of endangering the civilian population.

Maybe you should go back and read the IPCC reports, the Inquest and the court cases.

Read my first post....the Met made mistakes. I'm not saying they didn't.

The OP states they went out with murderous intent. Not true and absolutely insulting.

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 13:25 - Jul 22 with 3063 viewsbluelagos

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 11:45 - Jul 22 by JakeITFC

How would you describe 11 shots aimed to the head of an unarmed, mis-identified man who was restrained on a tube train if it isn't murder?

I would call it an execution. I wouldn't call it murder. Those repoonsible were trying to kill a man they thought was a suicide bomber.

That the police subsequently lied about the circumstances is indefensible. That those reponsible for the balls up were not held to account was indefensible.

But I'd not label those who pulled the trigger as murderers, albeit an innocent man was killed due to a series of police fck ups which also endangered other innocent people.

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 13:34 - Jul 22 with 3049 viewsJakeITFC

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 13:14 - Jul 22 by hampstead_blue

That you've been in a similar position doesn't speak volumes for the calibre of people that they choose to give weapons to, I'm afraid.
15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 13:35 - Jul 22 with 3047 viewseireblue

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 13:19 - Jul 22 by hampstead_blue

Read my first post....the Met made mistakes. I'm not saying they didn't.

The OP states they went out with murderous intent. Not true and absolutely insulting.

It was only deemed a mistake, because of people standing up and being ready to hold people accountable.

Your persona displayed on here would not lead to improvements, by being willing to investigate actual evidence. That persona has and would, simply bow to an authority figure.

I have seen you express things in emotional terms when talking about your previous occupation.

The police, shortly after an attack, could very well have had an emotional reaction to the situation, and acted with intent not simply borne out of trying to protect the public and based on known data.

Remember, Jean was apprehended by the police, one police officer had him in a bear hug.

You or I do not know, that the police thinking they had a terrorist, decided to shoot him, without any evidence that there was any immediate threat.

What we do know, is the killing was not judged lawful.
15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 13:36 - Jul 22 with 3042 viewsAlan_Handsome

So many police cases 'similar' to this never really get 'solved'.

I always remember that Daniel Morgan murder, remember him? Just about to uncover masisve corruption in the south london police and then mysteriously got killed/mugged, but the robbers left cash in his pockets and a rolex on his wrist. His brther has been appealing for pretty much all his life, and the investigation just keeps getting delayed. Awful, imagine spending all your life trying to fight for justice for your mordered brother. What a waste of a life.

You can't polish a turd....but you can sprinkle it with glitter!

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 14:03 - Jul 22 with 3015 viewshampstead_blue

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 13:35 - Jul 22 by eireblue

It was only deemed a mistake, because of people standing up and being ready to hold people accountable.

Your persona displayed on here would not lead to improvements, by being willing to investigate actual evidence. That persona has and would, simply bow to an authority figure.

I have seen you express things in emotional terms when talking about your previous occupation.

The police, shortly after an attack, could very well have had an emotional reaction to the situation, and acted with intent not simply borne out of trying to protect the public and based on known data.

Remember, Jean was apprehended by the police, one police officer had him in a bear hug.

You or I do not know, that the police thinking they had a terrorist, decided to shoot him, without any evidence that there was any immediate threat.

What we do know, is the killing was not judged lawful.

Spot on. I'm all for accountability but the OP calling them murderers is beyond stupid. Someone else called them executioners!
I've defended the CT role and those doing it because of the OP's use of the word "murder". If anyone here actually believes or supports that then you really do need to visit the teams who do that role and undertake some of the training they undergo.
I'm out of date to the latest methods but can assure you that anyone carrying a firearm has undergone some serious training.

Interesting but I'm afraid not so. I had a reputation for independent thought and questioning daftness!

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 14:07 - Jul 22 with 3005 viewsSwansea_Blue

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 12:53 - Jul 22 by Ftnfwest

If he was mis-identified they couldn't have set out to murder him.

Splitting hairs. I believe the term is unlawfully killed (or similar) isn't it when it comes to killings by the police where due process hasn't been followed?

A court would have to decide whether it's murder, but pumping an innocent person full of lead should at least be properly investigated and if due process hasn't been followed there needs to be justice.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 14:21 - Jul 22 with 2990 viewsFtnfwest

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 14:07 - Jul 22 by Swansea_Blue

Splitting hairs. I believe the term is unlawfully killed (or similar) isn't it when it comes to killings by the police where due process hasn't been followed?

A court would have to decide whether it's murder, but pumping an innocent person full of lead should at least be properly investigated and if due process hasn't been followed there needs to be justice.

There's 2 aspects of course - the intelligence which clearly failed in virtually every aspect and the officers on the ground who acted as if they thought they were dealing with an armed terrorist rather than an innocent man (although he officially didn't exist here). Too much has concentrated on the latter, rather than the former, which i agree is very culpable.
15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 14:31 - Jul 22 with 2978 viewsCheltenham_Blue

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 11:10 - Jul 22 by bournemouthblue

It was an unfortunate incident at a time when the police were on high alert

Hadn't he been staying in a set of flats which was of interest to the police for terror suspects?

He then didn't stop at the Tube Station when told to by Police, vaulted the gates and ran towards a train?

All of which you mention makes it all OK of course.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 14:33 - Jul 22 with 2968 viewsThe_Last_Baron

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 11:29 - Jul 22 by Swansea_Blue

And another cover up afterwards, wasn't it? I remember the Met coming in for lots of flack as they failed to cooperate and there were claims that those at the top had lied about what happened.

Did the family ever got the closure they deserve?

A fog of lies was issued by the authorities in the aftermath of this barbarism. One of which was that the victim was heavily dressed for a summers day implying he could have been concealing a bomb. He was in a t-shirt.

Who was in charge of directing this disastrous operation?
Today she runs the London Met Police.

Who took the decision not to prosecute the police?
Today he runs the Labour Party.

Remarkable.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 14:44 - Jul 22 with 2950 viewsSpruceMoose

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 13:07 - Jul 22 by hampstead_blue

Walk in someone else's shoes? How about you try that sometime? You can't even bring yourself to imagine being in Greta Thunberg's role, when it's the life of you and your family she's trying to preserve!

Instead all you provide is sneers and a complete dismissal what she's trying to do. You are being a hypocrite of the grandest order.

Day in day out you're on here lately hinting that you'd like to see harm come the way of those on the left and those you disagree with. I would suggest it is you who is currently devoid of compassion and empathy for anyone who isn't in line with your silly little world view.

I'm trying my hardest to cut you some slack because you mentioned you were recuperating from a health issue the other day, but you really need to have a word with yourself about your posting lately.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2020 14:50]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 14:47 - Jul 22 with 2939 viewsitfcjoe

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 14:33 - Jul 22 by The_Last_Baron

A fog of lies was issued by the authorities in the aftermath of this barbarism. One of which was that the victim was heavily dressed for a summers day implying he could have been concealing a bomb. He was in a t-shirt.

Who was in charge of directing this disastrous operation?
Today she runs the London Met Police.

Who took the decision not to prosecute the police?
Today he runs the Labour Party.

Remarkable.

"Who took the decision not to prosecute the police?
Today he runs the Labour Party."

I didn't realise Sir Ken MacDonald who was the DPP in 2006 and elected not to prosecute the police is running the Labour Party

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 14:48 - Jul 22 with 2933 viewsSwansea_Blue

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 14:21 - Jul 22 by Ftnfwest

There's 2 aspects of course - the intelligence which clearly failed in virtually every aspect and the officers on the ground who acted as if they thought they were dealing with an armed terrorist rather than an innocent man (although he officially didn't exist here). Too much has concentrated on the latter, rather than the former, which i agree is very culpable.

Yes, fair point.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 14:48 - Jul 22 with 2930 viewssparks

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 14:44 - Jul 22 by SpruceMoose

Walk in someone else's shoes? How about you try that sometime? You can't even bring yourself to imagine being in Greta Thunberg's role, when it's the life of you and your family she's trying to preserve!

Instead all you provide is sneers and a complete dismissal what she's trying to do. You are being a hypocrite of the grandest order.

Day in day out you're on here lately hinting that you'd like to see harm come the way of those on the left and those you disagree with. I would suggest it is you who is currently devoid of compassion and empathy for anyone who isn't in line with your silly little world view.

I'm trying my hardest to cut you some slack because you mentioned you were recuperating from a health issue the other day, but you really need to have a word with yourself about your posting lately.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2020 14:50]

My impression of this thread is that lots of people have laid into Hampstead, on assumptions about what he thinks or means, rather than based on things he has actually said. I struggle to see anything wrong with the idea of trying to understand the incredibly difficult job those people do, refraining from calling something "murder" when there was clearly no malicious intent (irrespective of the horrendous outcome). None of that is unreasonable. Importantly, neither does it mean that the outcome was not horrendous, or that when bad mistakes are made, they should not be fully explored and accounted for.

I vehemently disagree with a lot of what he says- but on this thread, he doesnt appear to have actually said what people seem to be reacting to...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 14:49 - Jul 22 with 2926 viewsjeera

15 years ago today the Met Police murdered on 14:03 - Jul 22 by hampstead_blue

Spot on. I'm all for accountability but the OP calling them murderers is beyond stupid. Someone else called them executioners!
I've defended the CT role and those doing it because of the OP's use of the word "murder". If anyone here actually believes or supports that then you really do need to visit the teams who do that role and undertake some of the training they undergo.
I'm out of date to the latest methods but can assure you that anyone carrying a firearm has undergone some serious training.

Interesting but I'm afraid not so. I had a reputation for independent thought and questioning daftness!

"I had a reputation for independent thought and questioning daftness!"

You hide this extremely well on a daily basis.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024