Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
US election megathread 03:24 - Sep 23 with 139736 viewsSpruceMoose

Seeing as we are approaching the presidential debates, and with the actual election being only 42 days away, maybe we could keep this as a US election megathread for those on here who are interested? One location for all the discussion would prevent multiple threads clogging up the board for those who don't care to get involved?

Personally, the reality of having to experience this election in the near future is stressful AF so if anyone else wants to get stressed together... Jump on board.

Now, insert all the usual caveats about polling here but...it's looking positive that we will be rid of Trump come 2021, much to the disappointment of a couple of posters on here. 538 are well respected in the field of poll analysis so what they announce should be taken seriously.

Of course their analysis doesn't take account of any election fraud, Russian interference, voter suppression etc. But it's positive news none the less. Once Trump is gone, we can work on Johnson. Decent people of the world... Unite!

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/
[Post edited 23 Sep 2020 3:32]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

US election megathread on 03:25 - Nov 7 with 1666 viewswkj

US election megathread on 03:18 - Nov 7 by SpruceMoose

Considering some networks called Arizona back last year (or so it feels) I don't see why PA isn't being called now.

Ffs plz, I need my life back.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2020 3:19]

Joe's getting Ludacris in before he moves in.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

US election megathread on 03:25 - Nov 7 with 1665 viewsjeera

US election megathread on 03:18 - Nov 7 by SpruceMoose

Considering some networks called Arizona back last year (or so it feels) I don't see why PA isn't being called now.

Ffs plz, I need my life back.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2020 3:19]

This is your new normal.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

US election megathread on 03:53 - Nov 7 with 1656 viewswkj

US election megathread on 03:25 - Nov 7 by jeera

This is your new normal.

Biden just gave the most presidential speech in 4 years... he's actually speaking as a president should

Starts 2 minutes in.

Although not confirmed... this is how it should be.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2020 4:06]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

US election megathread on 04:02 - Nov 7 with 1654 viewsjeera

US election megathread on 03:53 - Nov 7 by wkj

Biden just gave the most presidential speech in 4 years... he's actually speaking as a president should

Starts 2 minutes in.

Although not confirmed... this is how it should be.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2020 4:06]

Oh I waited for that for, well, days, and I missed it.

Good to hear though and well beyond time.

It all still seems rather surreal at the best of times.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

US election megathread on 06:31 - Nov 7 with 1602 viewsMercian

This is getting dangerous, tedious and boring. Trump has lost, every other sitting president in history would have conceded but not the snowflake fake macho alpha-male that holds the office now. America has just had it's highest daily Covid infection rate and still he encourages his mask less disciples to get out and spread the disease. The lame duck is still committing mass manslaughter, his lackeys are calling for opponents to be beheaded and armed insurrection and nobody except Pence has any power to do anything about it. FUBR at it's finest.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2020 6:31]
US election megathread on 08:36 - Nov 7 with 1528 viewsElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 06:31 - Nov 7 by Mercian

This is getting dangerous, tedious and boring. Trump has lost, every other sitting president in history would have conceded but not the snowflake fake macho alpha-male that holds the office now. America has just had it's highest daily Covid infection rate and still he encourages his mask less disciples to get out and spread the disease. The lame duck is still committing mass manslaughter, his lackeys are calling for opponents to be beheaded and armed insurrection and nobody except Pence has any power to do anything about it. FUBR at it's finest.

The German take on it. Complete with boarded up windows

US election megathread on 08:45 - Nov 7 with 1508 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

US election megathread on 08:36 - Nov 7 by ElderGrizzly

The German take on it. Complete with boarded up windows

Must be those overseas military votes coming through.....maybe they want a little more action!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

US election megathread on 08:46 - Nov 7 with 1507 viewsHARRY10

Looking back, I think we will see how this delay helped to diffuse the anger - while allowing Trump to make a bigger arse if himself by the hour.

The delay has allowed time for an explanation of where the latter counted votes are coming from, and why Trump initially raced ahead.

It has allowed for a noticeably period of time to watch other senior Republicans distance themselves from him, and in are announced at least one case resign.

A day in which a record number of new infections are announced, Trumps chief of staff Mark Meadows has tested positive -- this is not an administration in control of the virus.

And, as for the two party leaders one looks like the next occupant of the White House while the other looks like the next admission to the mad house

Login to get fewer ads

US election megathread on 09:02 - Nov 7 with 1484 viewsElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 08:46 - Nov 7 by HARRY10

Looking back, I think we will see how this delay helped to diffuse the anger - while allowing Trump to make a bigger arse if himself by the hour.

The delay has allowed time for an explanation of where the latter counted votes are coming from, and why Trump initially raced ahead.

It has allowed for a noticeably period of time to watch other senior Republicans distance themselves from him, and in are announced at least one case resign.

A day in which a record number of new infections are announced, Trumps chief of staff Mark Meadows has tested positive -- this is not an administration in control of the virus.

And, as for the two party leaders one looks like the next occupant of the White House while the other looks like the next admission to the mad house

You really think it will help diffuse it?

He and the GOP will play on this stealing election theme for years and use it to supress postal votes even more.

The next chapter for me is how quickly the state charges come against Trump from NYC
US election megathread on 10:13 - Nov 7 with 1435 viewsgiant_stow

US election megathread on 09:02 - Nov 7 by ElderGrizzly

You really think it will help diffuse it?

He and the GOP will play on this stealing election theme for years and use it to supress postal votes even more.

The next chapter for me is how quickly the state charges come against Trump from NYC

I can;t see good things conming from getting legal with Trump. At the very least, I hope they string it out and give him a chance to either emigrate or die (speaking frankly).

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

US election megathread on 10:27 - Nov 7 with 1404 viewsOldsmoker

There are 75 more days before he leaves the White House.
I'm sure that he's going to do whatever he can to mess it up for Biden.
He's that kid in the playground who wasn't picked for the kickabout, so he's going to puncture the football so no-one can play.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

US election megathread on 11:16 - Nov 7 with 1364 viewsDubtractor

Cassetteboy can always be relied upon. The chorus in this is wonderful.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

US election megathread on 12:14 - Nov 7 with 1320 viewsHARRY10

US election megathread on 10:13 - Nov 7 by giant_stow

I can;t see good things conming from getting legal with Trump. At the very least, I hope they string it out and give him a chance to either emigrate or die (speaking frankly).

That would be the worst thing possible, as it would allow both him and his deluded followers to continue the 'stab in the back' claim. One that says they were not beaten through a lawful ballot, but by fraud,

Charges need to be laid, and taken through the courts where applicable.

There is too much for this to simply be whitewashed over.

And it won't be, either.
US election megathread on 12:17 - Nov 7 with 1313 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

US election megathread on 10:27 - Nov 7 by Oldsmoker

There are 75 more days before he leaves the White House.
I'm sure that he's going to do whatever he can to mess it up for Biden.
He's that kid in the playground who wasn't picked for the kickabout, so he's going to puncture the football so no-one can play.

Even now he and his team are licking the oval office.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

US election megathread on 12:54 - Nov 7 with 1270 viewsEdwardStone

Trump raging against the Democrat tide that will sweep him away

Reminds me a bit of King Canute shouting at the waves, telling them to turn back

Or Cn*t as we are now supposed to know him

Anyone else see Trump as a bit of a Cnu*t?

Edited, because the site won't let me type the name of the long dead Danish King
[Post edited 7 Nov 2020 12:55]
US election megathread on 12:57 - Nov 7 with 1253 viewsHARRY10

US election megathread on 12:54 - Nov 7 by EdwardStone

Trump raging against the Democrat tide that will sweep him away

Reminds me a bit of King Canute shouting at the waves, telling them to turn back

Or Cn*t as we are now supposed to know him

Anyone else see Trump as a bit of a Cnu*t?

Edited, because the site won't let me type the name of the long dead Danish King
[Post edited 7 Nov 2020 12:55]

you may have just not quite got the Canute story correct
US election megathread on 13:01 - Nov 7 with 1246 viewsRyorry

US election megathread on 12:17 - Nov 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

Even now he and his team are licking the oval office.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

US election megathread on 13:47 - Nov 7 with 1192 viewsCaptainAhab

I just wanted to thank everyone who contributed to this thread, I haven't really gotten involved, but I've read every single post and it's been great.
Cheers everyone!

US election megathread on 14:15 - Nov 7 with 1145 viewsgiant_stow

Amusing article about how Trump just can't get the legal help he wants:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/06/politics/trump-legal-team/index.html

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

US election megathread on 14:17 - Nov 7 with 1138 viewsgiant_stow

US election megathread on 12:14 - Nov 7 by HARRY10

That would be the worst thing possible, as it would allow both him and his deluded followers to continue the 'stab in the back' claim. One that says they were not beaten through a lawful ballot, but by fraud,

Charges need to be laid, and taken through the courts where applicable.

There is too much for this to simply be whitewashed over.

And it won't be, either.

My fear is that if Turmp is tried for something down the line, it'll give his weird backers a fight to coalesce around, when's there's already been enough fighting. I would hope Biden's bunch have an eye on bringing people together and doing what they can to end this culture war, not stoking it up further.

US election megathread on 14:28 - Nov 7 with 1127 viewsBlueBadger

One thing I'm enjoying at the moment is the work-life balance that the Nevada counters have.

The whole world's going 'will you get a move on, we NEED to know' and they're like 'nah brah, on a fag break innit'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

US election megathread on 14:29 - Nov 7 with 1122 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 14:28 - Nov 7 by BlueBadger

One thing I'm enjoying at the moment is the work-life balance that the Nevada counters have.

The whole world's going 'will you get a move on, we NEED to know' and they're like 'nah brah, on a fag break innit'.

Very unamerican really.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

US election megathread on 14:35 - Nov 7 with 1104 viewsSpruceMoose

Mark Meadows and Matt Gaetz have the rona.

Oh no. Pray for them.

US election megathread on 14:46 - Nov 7 with 1083 viewsBlueBadger

US election megathread on 14:35 - Nov 7 by SpruceMoose

Mark Meadows and Matt Gaetz have the rona.

Oh no. Pray for them.

Matt 'I have a black son, honest' Gaetz? Now there's a strange fella.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

US election megathread on 15:20 - Nov 7 with 1058 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 14:46 - Nov 7 by BlueBadger

Matt 'I have a black son, honest' Gaetz? Now there's a strange fella.

He's a disgusting creature.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024