Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. 08:32 - Oct 22 with 5146 viewsSwailsey

from the way he treated people".

Anyone else listen to the Football Daily today?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 12:07 - Oct 22 with 1461 viewsBlueBadger

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:18 - Oct 22 by Matt_Netherlands

I heard it live and was a bit confused as he quickly went on to say “he was honest, what a guy he is” - just listened again and he’s certainly not talking about lambert in that regard! Is there any senior players here who would argue they’ve been frozen out by Lambert? Spence is the only one I can think of at the end of the 18/19 season

Conversely, there's also the inexplicable favourites.

How on earth does Alan Judge keep getting games?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 12:22 - Oct 22 with 1440 viewstractorboy1978

I've always said that management and sector knowledge/capability are two totally separate skills. How many people do you know that are very decent at their job but can't manage people?

If you listen to Wenger speak, he thinks that football is moving towards managers that don't necessarily have any background in football.

You've got 'experts' in basically every field now haven't you, a couple of clubs even have throw in coaches! Does a manager have to be a guy that has more than a semi-competent knowledge of football?
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 12:24]
"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 12:31 - Oct 22 with 1417 viewstextbackup

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:38 - Oct 22 by Wallingford_Boy

Phillip Schofield?

not only would I not speak highly of him, I also have zero respect for him. regardless of sexuality.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 12:53 - Oct 22 with 1377 viewsBluefish

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 12:31 - Oct 22 by textbackup

not only would I not speak highly of him, I also have zero respect for him. regardless of sexuality.

Dare I ask why?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 13:06 - Oct 22 with 1380 viewsChrisd

This is like pre season again, stirring it all up and jumping on any negative story.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 13:19 - Oct 22 with 1365 viewstextbackup

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 12:53 - Oct 22 by Bluefish

Dare I ask why?

of course you can Mr Fish.
IMHO - you aren't married 20 odd years then decide the other side is your thing WITHOUT trying before you buy. I might be completely incorrect however

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 13:22 - Oct 22 with 1354 viewsSpruceMoose

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 13:19 - Oct 22 by textbackup

IMHO - you aren't married 20 odd years then decide the other side is your thing WITHOUT trying before you buy. I might be completely incorrect however

I'd say there's a fairly good chance of that to be fair.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 13:36 - Oct 22 with 1310 viewsBluefish

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 13:19 - Oct 22 by textbackup

I cant see that it is any doubt that he definitely sampled first but he is going to be the only person in the world to have been unfaithful. I expect you have friends that have as well and by being their friend I assume it is more than zero respect for them even if it has taken a large blow to your respect for them.

In his defence if you go back 20 years or even 10 years, coming out as gay was still not easier, it might be said it still isn't now in fact, he may have therefore been pushed down a route to conform and had genuinely love but it was never actually who he really was. That leaves a really difficult choice in being honest to everyone and not upsetting the person that you love and you are married to.

He possibly lost some respect by some but it wouldn't have been easy. Look at Freddie, he had a tough choice in accepting who he was and upsetting and losing the lady he loved.

If the morals are anyone who cheats instantly goes down to zero respect then fair enough because there is some basis to that though

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 13:46 - Oct 22 with 1312 viewstextbackup

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 13:36 - Oct 22 by Bluefish

I cant see that it is any doubt that he definitely sampled first but he is going to be the only person in the world to have been unfaithful. I expect you have friends that have as well and by being their friend I assume it is more than zero respect for them even if it has taken a large blow to your respect for them.

In his defence if you go back 20 years or even 10 years, coming out as gay was still not easier, it might be said it still isn't now in fact, he may have therefore been pushed down a route to conform and had genuinely love but it was never actually who he really was. That leaves a really difficult choice in being honest to everyone and not upsetting the person that you love and you are married to.

He possibly lost some respect by some but it wouldn't have been easy. Look at Freddie, he had a tough choice in accepting who he was and upsetting and losing the lady he loved.

If the morals are anyone who cheats instantly goes down to zero respect then fair enough because there is some basis to that though

yep, nothing to do with what his sexual preference is.

for so many to claim him a hero when he came out etc etc, just didn't sit right with me.

im sure the scoff cares very little how I feel, so pointless me even saying my feelings on it

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 13:49 - Oct 22 with 1309 viewshype313

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 13:36 - Oct 22 by Bluefish

Couldn't agree more.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 14:18 - Oct 22 with 1268 viewsjeera

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 12:53 - Oct 22 by Bluefish

Dare I ask why?

The 'We Buy Any Car' ads.

They can feck right off.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 14:23 - Oct 22 with 1251 viewsPlums

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:06 - Oct 22 by itfcjoe

He's not a particularly popular person in 'the game' from what I gather, very ruthless and cold

You misspelled Glaswegian

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 14:38 - Oct 22 with 1239 views66notout

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 10:49 - Oct 22 by X0Y0

I’ve heard the same, he’s basically not a ‘people person’ and low on EQ. That extends beyond just the players to the broader coaching staff and club personnel, sometimes just through lack of interest and attention to them as human beings. That’s completely in contrast to the stories you hear of Alex Ferguson, who could dish out tough love but took a real interest in everyone.

I know some people who were in the staff at Wycombe when Paul Lambert was there. Despite taking them to league cup semis, including some premier league upsets, and reaching play off semis, apparently he was despised around the club. They were happy to see the back of him. “Nasty” was the overriding comment.

It was the same when he was at Colchester, despised by most both on and off the pitch, which from what I hear could sum up the lack of esteem in which he is held at Ipswich.
(No subject) on 14:58 - Oct 22 with 1225 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:14 - Oct 22 by Herbivore

I think that's pretty evident from the way he left Norwich and then sued them. I mean, we found it funny because it's Norwich, but it isn't the best way to behave. I've always got the impression that for all the nice words, Lambert is 100% in it for Lambert. That's how he leveraged a new contract, by making eyes at one of our rivals.

Every footballer/manager etc is in it for themselves, that has just been fuelled through the money in the game.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 14:58]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 15:47 - Oct 22 with 1197 viewsnoggin

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:46 - Oct 22 by giant_stow

david attenborough?

Jurgen Klopp?

SBR

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 15:56 - Oct 22 with 1187 viewsBlueBadger

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 12:22 - Oct 22 by tractorboy1978

I've always said that management and sector knowledge/capability are two totally separate skills. How many people do you know that are very decent at their job but can't manage people?

If you listen to Wenger speak, he thinks that football is moving towards managers that don't necessarily have any background in football.

You've got 'experts' in basically every field now haven't you, a couple of clubs even have throw in coaches! Does a manager have to be a guy that has more than a semi-competent knowledge of football?
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 12:24]

Well, look how well we've done under an owner with very little knowledge of football...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

(No subject) on 16:54 - Oct 22 with 1148 viewsHerbivore

(No subject) on 14:58 - Oct 22 by TheTrueBlue1878

Every footballer/manager etc is in it for themselves, that has just been fuelled through the money in the game.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 14:58]

There are different extents though. Someone like MM, for example, genuinely cared about his players and was held in very high esteem. As I understand it that went for non-playing staff too. He was pretty open he'd only leave Town for the Prem or the RoI job, which is fair enough. Contrast that with Lambert and his reported relationships with others, courting interest from Sunderland etc. Lambert genuinely only really cares about Lambert. Whilst I'm sure Mick cared about himself, he also genuinely cared about his staff as well.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

(No subject) on 17:16 - Oct 22 with 1132 viewsnoggin

(No subject) on 16:54 - Oct 22 by Herbivore

There are different extents though. Someone like MM, for example, genuinely cared about his players and was held in very high esteem. As I understand it that went for non-playing staff too. He was pretty open he'd only leave Town for the Prem or the RoI job, which is fair enough. Contrast that with Lambert and his reported relationships with others, courting interest from Sunderland etc. Lambert genuinely only really cares about Lambert. Whilst I'm sure Mick cared about himself, he also genuinely cared about his staff as well.

Has anyone here actually met and spent time with PL?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

(No subject) on 17:45 - Oct 22 with 1101 viewsGhostOfBenters

(No subject) on 16:54 - Oct 22 by Herbivore

Do you have any proof for any of this?
(No subject) on 18:13 - Oct 22 with 1090 viewsHerbivore

(No subject) on 17:16 - Oct 22 by noggin

Phil has. Lambert accused him of being drunk when he asked a perfectly reasonable question.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 18:28 - Oct 22 with 1078 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

He is paid to win football matches. If he upsets people along the way, so be it.
So what does he do for..... on 18:29 - Oct 22 with 1074 viewsBloots

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 18:28 - Oct 22 by IpswichBoyBlue

He is paid to win football matches. If he upsets people along the way, so be it.

....the other 70% of his time?

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

(No subject) on 18:33 - Oct 22 with 1061 viewsDubtractor

(No subject) on 17:16 - Oct 22 by noggin

I had breakfast with him last summer.

By which I mean I sat at the table next to him outside the grazing sheep on the waterfront.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

(No subject) on 18:35 - Oct 22 with 1053 viewsPJH

(No subject) on 18:33 - Oct 22 by Dubtractor

I had breakfast with him last summer.

By which I mean I sat at the table next to him outside the grazing sheep on the waterfront.

I have been to Shareholders meetings with him, by which I mean I was in the same room along with one hundred or so other people.

He did pay for my coach trip to Blackburn the season before last though.
So what does he do for..... on 18:42 - Oct 22 with 1040 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

So what does he do for..... on 18:29 - Oct 22 by Bloots

....the other 70% of his time?

I didn't say he was any good at it, just what he is paid to do.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024