Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I hate these players 21:32 - Mar 16 with 4210 viewstextbackup

I hate this squad

Weak physically and mentally

Losers from front to back

No leaders

No men

Powder puff bullsht from absolute nothing footballers

They are a shambles

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I hate these players on 22:00 - Mar 16 with 1188 viewstextbackup

I hate these players on 21:50 - Mar 16 by Kieran_Knows

I seriously hope Cooks rips this squad up this summer. If Holy and Jackson are part of the rebuild, we’ve got no hope.

Remember when Lambert was wrong for ditching Jackson....

Jackson sums up Ipswich for me. Just pointless.

Ok I’m gonna say it too. The same captain that has over seen failure year on year, has to either be bit part, or got rid of. And a fresh new voice out there leading.

Judge offers nothing

The guys you look to to drag the rest through the rough patches in games are a joke, they hid and do nothing to inspire those around them

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I hate these players on 22:01 - Mar 16 with 1182 viewsColchesterBlue1985

I have never hated a group of Ipswich players more than I do this current set of players. Stealing a living!!!
I hate these players on 22:03 - Mar 16 with 1169 viewsSwansea_Blue

I hate these players on 21:59 - Mar 16 by brushhand

some of these are going to need a genius for an agent.

I suspect a few are in their last professional contract. We don't seem to have many players or managers who go on to better things. It's all a bit rotten.

But we can still go up this year with a bit of luck, surprisingly. A bad day at the office doesn't change anything in the grand scheme of things, so I'm not going to get too worked up over tonight.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I hate these players on 22:06 - Mar 16 with 1144 viewsTieDyedIn95

I hate these players on 21:35 - Mar 16 by textbackup

Must be the only club in history that don’t get a new manager bounce

He’s so enthusiastic- how does that not rub off on them in the changing room?!!

Absolute flaps

Because you can't get blood from a stone. People might not want to hear this but a lot of these players were signed prior to Lamberts arrival and for whatever reason we hung on to them and the manager took the biggest share of the blame. People like to see kids from the Academy play in the team, but our youth system is not good enough for that anymore, people like us to sign players from lower leagues with "potential" rather than buy the best players in that division, it's just pipe dream stuff, it doesn't work. We need to spend our money on a handful of the divisions best players and build around those, rather than 40 absolute average nonsense players who are just happy to be overpaid for being here. Are you telling me if we cleared out half of it and brought in 3 or 4 of the best players in the league this season for next, we couldn't afford it or get them to come here? When does it end, League Two? Non-league? When will it turn around?

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

I hate these players on 22:11 - Mar 16 with 1127 viewsDeano69

I can’t think of any top half of the table opposition starting 11 that would swap any player from our squad in preference to their own.

Slow, limp, no creativity, poor basics, no confidence and technically average.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

I hate these players on 22:16 - Mar 16 with 1101 viewsJ2BLUE

Keep: KVY and some of the younger players - Lankester, Dobra etc

Get Rid: The rest

Time for a massive rebuild.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I hate these players on 22:33 - Mar 16 with 1055 viewsStewart27

I hate these players on 21:53 - Mar 16 by MrTown

The reality is he will get players in the summer. He will get players that can be trusted.

Maybe Downes aside, you can’t trust a single player in this squad when they cross the white line.

Cook won’t build a huge squad, it will be tight knit squad he can rely on.

He won’t.

Well get rid of every out of contract player - rightfully so.

Skuse and Chambers will get a one year extension.

We’ll hopefully have a small squad but absolutely no quality will be added.
I hate these players on 22:37 - Mar 16 with 1037 viewsclive_baker

Yep. Said it before it’s been far to easy for the players to down tools and blame yet another manager, there comes a point where the buck has to stop with them. A team of boys with zero backbone.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Well put on 22:41 - Mar 16 with 1020 viewsDyland

I hate these players on 21:44 - Mar 16 by LankHenners

This is Evans’ legacy - a culture of failure.

Too many players that are comfortable feeling sorry for themselves rather than roll their sleeves up and get stuck in.

We have plenty of good footballers and ‘nice’ personalities but who at the club is a real winner that can drag this group through tough moments? You wouldn’t use up your fingers on one hand trying to count them.

A good coach like Cook will be able to set the team up better than before but we’re always going to get nights like this unless Evans bucks his ideas up or removes himself from the equation entirely.

A culture of failure from the Marcus Evans Group. A punt gone badly wrong, and someone who has stayed at the table too long. Ruining an important community enterprise, which has far reaching consequences. Blame this sh1t on the perfect storm before Evans bought ITFC as well, Sheepshanks should not be let off completely.

Wonder what it is like working for the conferencing and hospitality part of the MEG business. I reckon it's sh1te.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Well put on 22:49 - Mar 16 with 994 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Well put on 22:41 - Mar 16 by Dyland

A culture of failure from the Marcus Evans Group. A punt gone badly wrong, and someone who has stayed at the table too long. Ruining an important community enterprise, which has far reaching consequences. Blame this sh1t on the perfect storm before Evans bought ITFC as well, Sheepshanks should not be let off completely.

Wonder what it is like working for the conferencing and hospitality part of the MEG business. I reckon it's sh1te.

You don't invest in the quality then you end up with the bunch of players we've got. Cook will need a luck, real luck.

Some people think he can turn this mob of wasters into the winners.
I hate these players on 23:09 - Mar 16 with 939 viewsLowie

[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 23:26]
I hate these players on 23:12 - Mar 16 with 931 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I hate these players on 21:35 - Mar 16 by textbackup

Must be the only club in history that don’t get a new manager bounce

He’s so enthusiastic- how does that not rub off on them in the changing room?!!

Absolute flaps

Bit difficult to get a new manager bounce when the players are hopeless.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

I hate these players on 23:13 - Mar 16 with 933 viewsjudespiveyg

In all my years watching Ipswich (2010 onwards) one thing has struck me in particular, the losing mentality. The team has always been more scared of losing than it wants to win. Even when we were 'good' our wins were based off of withstanding constant pressure, then getting bailed out by the individual talent of someone like Mings or Mcgoldrick. Hell Shane Supple mentioned the culture of fear of the 04/05 team as to why he fell out of love with the game. Sacking Lambert was just the first part of the long needed culture change.

This team takes no gambles on the pitch, no long range shots, no one takes anyone on. Cole Skuse is the footballing embodiment of this mentality, never makes runs into the opposition box, never delivers a hard hitting tackle, will always pass square rather than attempt anything. Dobra is the polar opposite of this and is exactly what this team needs. Someone who is simultaneously wanting to take players on and isn't scared to crunch a guy twice his size. Just someone who plays with a bit of confidence in themselves and without fear.

I don't care so much about physical weakness, City run rings around everyone with a bunch of 5'7 125lb guys. They always always attempt to play on the front foot, even against sides like Liverpool who counterattack so well. I'm obviously not saying we could ever play like City but I wish they could just play on the front foot and never settle for a draw.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

I hate these players on 23:16 - Mar 16 with 914 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I hate these players on 23:13 - Mar 16 by judespiveyg

In all my years watching Ipswich (2010 onwards) one thing has struck me in particular, the losing mentality. The team has always been more scared of losing than it wants to win. Even when we were 'good' our wins were based off of withstanding constant pressure, then getting bailed out by the individual talent of someone like Mings or Mcgoldrick. Hell Shane Supple mentioned the culture of fear of the 04/05 team as to why he fell out of love with the game. Sacking Lambert was just the first part of the long needed culture change.

This team takes no gambles on the pitch, no long range shots, no one takes anyone on. Cole Skuse is the footballing embodiment of this mentality, never makes runs into the opposition box, never delivers a hard hitting tackle, will always pass square rather than attempt anything. Dobra is the polar opposite of this and is exactly what this team needs. Someone who is simultaneously wanting to take players on and isn't scared to crunch a guy twice his size. Just someone who plays with a bit of confidence in themselves and without fear.

I don't care so much about physical weakness, City run rings around everyone with a bunch of 5'7 125lb guys. They always always attempt to play on the front foot, even against sides like Liverpool who counterattack so well. I'm obviously not saying we could ever play like City but I wish they could just play on the front foot and never settle for a draw.

Supple was taking about the 2009/10 team.

The 04/05 team was excellent and should have won the Championship.

I hate these players on 23:18 - Mar 16 with 909 viewsjudespiveyg

I hate these players on 23:16 - Mar 16 by The_Last_Baron

Supple was taking about the 2009/10 team.

The 04/05 team was excellent and should have won the Championship.

Nah I could have sworn he said something about how they feared if they won the playoffs some wouldn't get contracts or something, leaving Supple questioning whether they actually wanted to win.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

I hate these players on 23:33 - Mar 16 with 878 viewsLowie

Absolutely spot on.

Having calmed down somewhat, on reflection I think we need to keep the following. I would not be remotely bothered if any of the others go.

GK - NEW

RB - KVY CB - WIlson CB - NEW LB - Kenlock

CM - Downes. CB - Dozell

AM - NEW AM = Bishop AM - NEW

CF = Norwood

We've got to get a grip on the love in for our 'home grown players' - they are not up to it. Our midfield is also our biggest problem, despite many fans thinking that we are spoilt for riches in this area - we are not. We cannot create anything.

I think Cook needs to bring in 4 new signings (minimum) into the starting 11.
I hate these players on 00:05 - Mar 17 with 837 viewspatrickswell

I hate these players on 23:33 - Mar 16 by Lowie

Absolutely spot on.

Having calmed down somewhat, on reflection I think we need to keep the following. I would not be remotely bothered if any of the others go.

GK - NEW

RB - KVY CB - WIlson CB - NEW LB - Kenlock

CM - Downes. CB - Dozell

AM - NEW AM = Bishop AM - NEW

CF = Norwood

We've got to get a grip on the love in for our 'home grown players' - they are not up to it. Our midfield is also our biggest problem, despite many fans thinking that we are spoilt for riches in this area - we are not. We cannot create anything.

I think Cook needs to bring in 4 new signings (minimum) into the starting 11.

“We’ve got to get a grip on our love in for our ‘home grown’ players” and then you name four of them in your line up of retentions. Are you ready to throw Woolfenden, Dobra and Lankester overboard then?
I hate these players on 00:15 - Mar 17 with 817 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I hate these players on 23:18 - Mar 16 by judespiveyg

Nah I could have sworn he said something about how they feared if they won the playoffs some wouldn't get contracts or something, leaving Supple questioning whether they actually wanted to win.

Supple was in the youth team in 04/05.

I hate these players on 00:18 - Mar 17 with 812 viewschrismakin

I hate these players on 00:15 - Mar 17 by The_Last_Baron

Supple was in the youth team in 04/05.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1213474/EXCLUSIVE-I-quit-esca

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I hate these players on 00:21 - Mar 17 with 814 viewsLankHenners

I hate these players on 23:13 - Mar 16 by judespiveyg

The McCarthy teams generally embodied the 'winning mentality' we need now perfectly. Players of great individual quality like McGoldrick or Murphy backed up by unspectacular but heart-on-sleeve, go to war with you bodies that performed their jobs excellently and never hid. Mick eventually leaned too heavy on the dogs of war attitude when he wanted a result but to say we only won through the good fortune of being bailed out by an individual is provable nonsense.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I hate these players on 00:30 - Mar 17 with 802 viewshaynes_toe1

Concerning that Paul Cook cant seem to get that bit extra out of the squad. We all accept Lambert was doing an awful job with a team more than capable of challenging for top two.

Just because Cook might not be as good as people on here think (and let's be honest, they fall in love immediately with whoever the new manager is anyway) its not fair to lay all the blame at the players - else Lambert should never have been sacked.
I hate these players on 00:34 - Mar 17 with 795 viewschrismakin

I hate these players on 00:30 - Mar 17 by haynes_toe1

Concerning that Paul Cook cant seem to get that bit extra out of the squad. We all accept Lambert was doing an awful job with a team more than capable of challenging for top two.

Just because Cook might not be as good as people on here think (and let's be honest, they fall in love immediately with whoever the new manager is anyway) its not fair to lay all the blame at the players - else Lambert should never have been sacked.

Lambert signed some of the players, gave new contracts to others etc

So yes he would and should get the blame

There is no extra to gain from this squad.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I hate these players on 05:49 - Mar 17 with 729 viewsLowie

I hate these players on 00:05 - Mar 17 by patrickswell

“We’ve got to get a grip on our love in for our ‘home grown’ players” and then you name four of them in your line up of retentions. Are you ready to throw Woolfenden, Dobra and Lankester overboard then?

Yes - Wolf isn't good enough. If an offer came in, I'd sell.

Agree, Lankester and Dobra have potential but they are nowhere near good enough for the first 11.

Why on earth didn't we take the offer for Jackson? Absolutely awful footballer.
I hate these players on 06:16 - Mar 17 with 718 viewstrncbluearmy

Norwood,Downs,Bishop,KVY (If fit),possibly Dozzell if he pulls his finger out

The rest of em fecking useless,not fit to wear the shirt
I hate these players on 06:51 - Mar 17 with 672 viewsTractorWood

I hate these players on 21:40 - Mar 16 by SpruceMoose

We had an old manager bounce. Classic Town.

Classic Evans to sack a manager during his only good run of results in 5 months.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024