Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
THE TAKEOVER IS DONE 20:38 - Apr 3 with 116931 viewsgreyhound

Happy Easter one and all.

Hold on to your hats and refresh every 5 minutes throughout Wednesday and Thursday, the deals been done and completion confirmed.

As Paul Cook hinted we are in for a very exciting summer. Its dragged on but now we can focus onwards and upwards.

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 23:36 - Apr 3 with 4642 viewsKieran_Knows

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 23:34 - Apr 3 by J2BLUE

Are you hoping this is true or that Evans stays and it's not true?

I want the takeover to happen, very much so. I was excited by le2blues info at the beginning as to how the new people would shape the club - an actual CEO, marketing/commercial directors coming in. Sounded like proper people in proper roles.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 23:37 - Apr 3 with 4621 viewsPhilTWTD

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 23:34 - Apr 3 by Kieran_Knows

Only a matter of time before Lee Evans was linked, wasn’t it?

My guess is he’ll be followed by Che Dunkley (ex Wigan now at Shef Wed) and Gavin Massey.

When the source of the story mentioned him I thought it was one which might have been expected, but it's more than just an obvious link from what I'm told. Yes, it wouldn't be a surprise if other players from his time there are on PC's list of potential targets, particularly as I can see about 15 players coming in.
THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 23:38 - Apr 3 with 4581 viewsFarmerpiles

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 23:29 - Apr 3 by PhilTWTD

Sorry, nothing happening from what I've been told. I'm still in the drifting and probably not going to happen camp.

There he goes again. Popping my balloon!
THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 23:38 - Apr 3 with 4584 viewsKieran_Knows

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 23:37 - Apr 3 by PhilTWTD

When the source of the story mentioned him I thought it was one which might have been expected, but it's more than just an obvious link from what I'm told. Yes, it wouldn't be a surprise if other players from his time there are on PC's list of potential targets, particularly as I can see about 15 players coming in.

Even better with him (and Massey) being out of contract this summer. If Shef Wed get relegated I suspect Dunkley would be available for a cut price fee as well.

As you say, all change this summer indeed!

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 23:40 - Apr 3 with 4552 viewsPhilTWTD

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 23:38 - Apr 3 by Farmerpiles

There he goes again. Popping my balloon!

Sorry!
THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 23:41 - Apr 3 with 4510 viewsCheltenham_Blue

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 23:40 - Apr 3 by PhilTWTD

Sorry!

Do one Phillip

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 23:41 - Apr 3 with 4519 viewsPhilTWTD

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 23:38 - Apr 3 by Kieran_Knows

Even better with him (and Massey) being out of contract this summer. If Shef Wed get relegated I suspect Dunkley would be available for a cut price fee as well.

As you say, all change this summer indeed!

I remember being impressed with Massey playing against us ages ago, presumably playing for Colchester in a pre-season match.
THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 23:42 - Apr 3 with 4492 viewsjeera

Sorry!

What about that dreamy video, promising all those nice things?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 23:42 - Apr 3 with 4519 viewsclive_baker

FWIW, throughout this my source has consistently told me that the deal has never been off the table. Needless to say I wouldn’t reveal my source but put it this way he’s well placed to have a view on it. Just over a week ago he told me there were things still being worked through between both parties. He’s not suggested it’s as far down the line as Greyhound but I guess a lot can happen in a week. Equally he’s categorically said it isn’t dead, hence I’ve been saying as much on here.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 23:43 - Apr 3 with 4477 viewsacj

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 23:41 - Apr 3 by PhilTWTD

I remember being impressed with Massey playing against us ages ago, presumably playing for Colchester in a pre-season match.

To be fair, I thought Evans looked good when we played Wigan the other day. Wouldn’t surprise me if we saw a few players PC has worked with in the past coming in, just as we saw Mick bring in a fair few of his old Wolves players back in the day.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 23:45 - Apr 3 with 4435 viewsPhilTWTD

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 23:43 - Apr 3 by acj

To be fair, I thought Evans looked good when we played Wigan the other day. Wouldn’t surprise me if we saw a few players PC has worked with in the past coming in, just as we saw Mick bring in a fair few of his old Wolves players back in the day.

Indeed, managers recruit players they know and trust.
THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 23:46 - Apr 3 with 4414 viewsacj

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 23:45 - Apr 3 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, managers recruit players they know and trust.

Fingers crossed we get more Berras than Noubles!

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 23:51 - Apr 3 with 4338 viewsclive_baker

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 23:43 - Apr 3 by acj

I thought Wigan were decent.

Lang, Evans, Johnston, Robinson would all start for us. The guy on the wing with the knee support, he looked about 11% fit and still asked a lot of questions. Wouldn’t know what their keeper is like of course, given he barely touched the ball.

They’ve got more about them than a number of the lesser sides I've seen at this level IMO.

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 23:57 - Apr 3 with 4265 viewsketton_itfc

Sorry, nothing happening from what I've been told. I'm still in the drifting and probably not going to happen camp.

Come on Phil, you could have let this ride until tomorrow morning!
THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 00:00 - Apr 4 with 4220 viewsKieran_Knows

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 23:51 - Apr 3 by clive_baker

I thought Wigan were decent.

Lang, Evans, Johnston, Robinson would all start for us. The guy on the wing with the knee support, he looked about 11% fit and still asked a lot of questions. Wouldn’t know what their keeper is like of course, given he barely touched the ball.

They’ve got more about them than a number of the lesser sides I've seen at this level IMO.

Been confirmed that Johnston is being released by Feyenoord this summer, so would at least be free!

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 00:07 - Apr 4 with 4135 viewsclive_baker

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 00:00 - Apr 4 by Kieran_Knows

Been confirmed that Johnston is being released by Feyenoord this summer, so would at least be free!

I didn’t realise that’s where he’s from, he’s not someone I remember seeing before. Just had a look, not surprised to see he was at Liverpool from a young age and now Feyenoord, he looked neat and tidy technically on what was a crap pitch, he’s clearly been well schooled. Hasn’t played much senior football by the look of things but on a free, and at 22 he has to be worth a look on that evidence.

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 00:30 - Apr 4 with 3962 viewsSitfcB

Go to bed.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 07:31 - Apr 4 with 3406 viewsHerbivore

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 00:00 - Apr 4 by Kieran_Knows

He was at CB me as I took Forest Green into Europe in FM20. Sign him up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 07:47 - Apr 4 with 3319 viewsMullet

Sorry!

Getting those Easter clicks up innit I know your game!

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 08:00 - Apr 4 with 3236 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 08:02 - Apr 4 with 3229 viewsFixed_It

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 08:00 - Apr 4 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Greyhound in!
Phil out!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 08:04 - Apr 4 with 3207 viewsCokeIsKey

Is this really necessary Phil the day before Easter?

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 08:11 - Apr 4 with 3155 viewsnoggin

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 21:13 - Apr 3 by Cheltenham_Blue

I don't think they still praise the training facilities anymore do they? Not since Evans let it run down anyway and all the spin cycles have 'Copleston High School' written on the side of them in a black Sharpie.

Didn't the training ground get burnt down by protesters recently?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 08:54 - Apr 4 with 2887 viewsGuthrum

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 23:13 - Apr 3 by Kieran_Knows

She has in the past posted stuff on twitter which goes on to be correct (sometimes quite a while before things become public knowledge).

But then she is also known for tweeting stuff, and then taking it down after a day or two.

It's very likely that nobody leaking to the general public has 100% reliable sources. Especially as the information may have passed through several sets of hands before being posted. Def info may look considerably less "def" a few days later.

Accredited journalists like Phil and Stuart Watson can at least go to the club for confirmation/denial - for what that's worth (e.g. the club may want to conceal something commercially sensitive, or to control the messaging).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:01 - Apr 4 with 2816 viewsbluelagos

Love that someone reported Phil for abuse. :-) Trust Phil will apply the usual rigour.

Given that you are clear the takeover is dead, I wonder if it happens by midweek as per the OP, what with it being Easter and all, will it be named the 'resurrection takeover' in the coming years.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024