Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
THE TAKEOVER IS DONE 20:38 - Apr 3 with 117113 viewsgreyhound

Happy Easter one and all.

Hold on to your hats and refresh every 5 minutes throughout Wednesday and Thursday, the deals been done and completion confirmed.

As Paul Cook hinted we are in for a very exciting summer. Its dragged on but now we can focus onwards and upwards.

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:02 - Apr 4 with 2765 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 08:00 - Apr 4 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

You've been sold a pup.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:08 - Apr 4 with 2707 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 21:13 - Apr 3 by J2BLUE

Felt I owed it to you to find it:

ME: I'm not firing you Paul... by greyhound 20 Feb 2021 11:18
From what I know it's possible the conversation could have followed that trajectory only with different future owners. Evans will have probably broken to lambert the terms of the deal.

From what I know regarding the terms of the deal it's another case of be careful what you wish for as Evans won't be leaving us without taking something with him important to the future development of the club.

In what way has he been "spot on"? In that thread he says we're selling 50% of the training ground to them. Where has this happened?

He also says, "Theres more to it as well but lamberts not going until handover goes through or falls through."

So that was wrong too.

You've been caught with your pants down and your little J2 hanging out. And I've wasted half an hour reading this thread of nonsense.

Can't believe some of you are so easily duped. I mean think about it - if the deal's done, why would they be waiting for Wednesday/Thursday to announce it?

Put your willy away, pull up your pants, and go and think about what you've done.

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:11 - Apr 4 with 2678 viewsGuthrum

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 23:37 - Apr 3 by PhilTWTD

When the source of the story mentioned him I thought it was one which might have been expected, but it's more than just an obvious link from what I'm told. Yes, it wouldn't be a surprise if other players from his time there are on PC's list of potential targets, particularly as I can see about 15 players coming in.

'... particularly as I can see about 15 players coming in.' So you believe there really will be wholesale squad changes in the summer - and the funds available to do that?

It would be good to have a proper reorganisation and rebalancing. I'm just surprised that (if Evans is still the owner) there is likely to be the budget to actually achieve that.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:13 - Apr 4 with 2634 viewsWD19

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:08 - Apr 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

In what way has he been "spot on"? In that thread he says we're selling 50% of the training ground to them. Where has this happened?

He also says, "Theres more to it as well but lamberts not going until handover goes through or falls through."

So that was wrong too.

You've been caught with your pants down and your little J2 hanging out. And I've wasted half an hour reading this thread of nonsense.

Can't believe some of you are so easily duped. I mean think about it - if the deal's done, why would they be waiting for Wednesday/Thursday to announce it?

Put your willy away, pull up your pants, and go and think about what you've done.

I’m naturally highly sceptical.

But in the interests of balance:
- The searches on the land confirm there is some kind of split on any purchase.
- It is blindingly clear that ME was doing everything in his power to avoid sacking Lambert.
- If any deal is agreed you wouldn’t announce it until the funds have cleared.

So no reason to call BS at this stage.
THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:16 - Apr 4 with 2602 viewsZXBlue

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:11 - Apr 4 by Guthrum

'... particularly as I can see about 15 players coming in.' So you believe there really will be wholesale squad changes in the summer - and the funds available to do that?

It would be good to have a proper reorganisation and rebalancing. I'm just surprised that (if Evans is still the owner) there is likely to be the budget to actually achieve that.

Presumably it will all be frees so, in terms of budget, shifting older players on high wages off the books should allow plenty of room for juggling?
THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:18 - Apr 4 with 2563 viewsBryanPlug

So that was wrong too.

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:19 - Apr 4 with 2565 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:13 - Apr 4 by WD19

I’m naturally highly sceptical.

But in the interests of balance:
- The searches on the land confirm there is some kind of split on any purchase.
- It is blindingly clear that ME was doing everything in his power to avoid sacking Lambert.
- If any deal is agreed you wouldn’t announce it until the funds have cleared.

So no reason to call BS at this stage.

- There is no 50% split as Greyhound said, that's all you need to know.
- ME hangs onto EVERY manager way too long.
- Why Weds/Thurs for the funds to clear? And how would Greyhound know what day the funds would clear by? And surely proof of funds would be part of the ratification process?
- And Phil says nothing is happening.

It's BS. I know people are desperate for this to happen, but look at the facts and get a grip of yourselves.

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:20 - Apr 4 with 2552 viewsCoastalblue

So that was wrong too.

Bah Humbug

A bit of selective reading there?

Bet you don't believe in Father Christmas or the Easter Bunny?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:22 - Apr 4 with 2521 viewsPhilTWTD

Yes, I think most of the squad will go and PC will bring in his own men. Squad will be much smaller so that ought to free up some cash to help bring players in, although there are going to be loads of frees in this division this summer.
THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:24 - Apr 4 with 2481 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:18 - Apr 4 by BryanPlug

You got a link to where Greyhound posted this before anyone else? He certainly didn't start a thread on it (a quick glance at his posting history confirms that) and with such big news you'd think a poster would.

You can believe what you like mate.

Changing the subject, I have some magic beans. Do you want to buy them?

To answer your edit - feel free to also link where I was believing him before, because that didn't happen either.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2021 9:26]

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:25 - Apr 4 with 2480 viewsPhilTWTD

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 08:54 - Apr 4 by Guthrum

It's very likely that nobody leaking to the general public has 100% reliable sources. Especially as the information may have passed through several sets of hands before being posted. Def info may look considerably less "def" a few days later.

Accredited journalists like Phil and Stuart Watson can at least go to the club for confirmation/denial - for what that's worth (e.g. the club may want to conceal something commercially sensitive, or to control the messaging).

Worth saying that the club really hasn't said very much about this full stop. Indeed, the reason it was so hard to get anything related to it confirmed in the first place was so few people, literally one or two at the very most, knew anything about it. People around the club were telling me it was rubbish - officially and unofficially - because they genuinely didn't know anything about it.
THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:28 - Apr 4 with 2439 viewsBeckets

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:25 - Apr 4 by PhilTWTD

Worth saying that the club really hasn't said very much about this full stop. Indeed, the reason it was so hard to get anything related to it confirmed in the first place was so few people, literally one or two at the very most, knew anything about it. People around the club were telling me it was rubbish - officially and unofficially - because they genuinely didn't know anything about it.

Which, if any, of the senior out of contract players do you think Cook will try and keep? Just Bishop perhaps?
THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:28 - Apr 4 with 2417 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:20 - Apr 4 by Coastalblue

Bah Humbug

A bit of selective reading there?

Bet you don't believe in Father Christmas or the Easter Bunny?

No selective reading - just the pertinent facts. It's all there in black and white.

I hope my downarrowers will be a apologising to me next weekend when nothing has happened.

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:29 - Apr 4 with 2409 viewschicoazul

You’re not asking me so beg your pardon but massive scale change of the playing squad has to happen, including and especially the high earners. Huws for eg has effectively already left. Joe convinced me we should keep Chambo but everyone else out of contract needs to go, plus the pointless loaners. I said 12 incoming a month ago but 15 may be more like it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:29 - Apr 4 with 2412 viewsCheltenham_Blue

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:25 - Apr 4 by PhilTWTD

If coming by information has been so hard as the number of people involved is so small, that must mean that everyones information could be wrong, including yours right?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:31 - Apr 4 with 2376 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:29 - Apr 4 by Cheltenham_Blue

If coming by information has been so hard as the number of people involved is so small, that must mean that everyones information could be wrong, including yours right?

Hahaha.

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:32 - Apr 4 with 2358 viewsgreyhound

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:28 - Apr 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

No selective reading - just the pertinent facts. It's all there in black and white.

I hope my downarrowers will be a apologising to me next weekend when nothing has happened.

I'll wait for my apology to. Enjoy the week.
THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:32 - Apr 4 with 2351 viewsBryanPlug

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:28 - Apr 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:34 - Apr 4 with 2335 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:32 - Apr 4 by greyhound

I'll wait for my apology to. Enjoy the week.

*too.

Sure.

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:34 - Apr 4 with 2317 viewsGuthrum

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:29 - Apr 4 by chicoazul

You’re not asking me so beg your pardon but massive scale change of the playing squad has to happen, including and especially the high earners. Huws for eg has effectively already left. Joe convinced me we should keep Chambo but everyone else out of contract needs to go, plus the pointless loaners. I said 12 incoming a month ago but 15 may be more like it.

Sure, I agree. One of the manifest reasons Cook has been struggling is trying to put together from the current squad a team which can do what he wants.

I just thought it unlikely we would be able to, for budgetry reasons (barring a possible takeover and/or change of philosophy).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:34 - Apr 4 with 2313 viewsBlueandTruesince82

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 22:03 - Apr 3 by Blue_Order

For what it’s worth, our BA account received a message earlier today from someone saying the same thing.

He requested we didn’t leak his name or any of the details in the message, but said it was just a case of dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 22:27]

Was it Paul Cook?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:35 - Apr 4 with 2308 viewsKieran_Knows

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:22 - Apr 4 by PhilTWTD

Yes, I think most of the squad will go and PC will bring in his own men. Squad will be much smaller so that ought to free up some cash to help bring players in, although there are going to be loads of frees in this division this summer.

Smaller squad with youth players on the fringes, rather than senior pros and loan players.

That’s already a discussion that’s been had with himself and Dyer.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:35 - Apr 4 with 2290 viewsBryanPlug

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:29 - Apr 4 by chicoazul

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:35 - Apr 4 with 2289 viewssaffers12

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:34 - Apr 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

*too.

Sure.

I will 100% apologise in public and private to greyhound
THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:36 - Apr 4 with 2284 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

THE TAKEOVER IS DONE on 09:01 - Apr 4 by bluelagos

Love that someone reported Phil for abuse. :-) Trust Phil will apply the usual rigour.

Given that you are clear the takeover is dead, I wonder if it happens by midweek as per the OP, what with it being Easter and all, will it be named the 'resurrection takeover' in the coming years.

Come again!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024