Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wholesale changes happening 19:46 - Apr 15 with 9601 viewsSouperJim

I'm no def info attention seeker, but was told today by a source within the club that very few out of contract players are being offered anything and some players still in contract are being settled up.

Was also told that Cook organised a 7v7 in training amongst the attacking players and challenged them to show him they could get us goals. Finished 1-0, Norwood the only scorer. Cook had them do laps as a result while he went to get a brew, then just never returned.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Wholesale changes happening on 20:21 - Apr 15 with 2442 viewsEsseeja

Seriously, 1-0? How can you be that bad at attacking?

I cannot wait to see the smile on our faces in the summer now.
Wholesale changes happening on 20:22 - Apr 15 with 2438 viewsBrightonBlue

Wholesale changes happening on 20:07 - Apr 15 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Not so sure he will. The problem with Toto is that he always has an error lurking. Check out the Wimbledon lowlights and he manages to throw in a couple.....in just a 3 min clip. He’s certainly not alone in that, but I think we need to be doing better than that standard, across the board. Very few will be here next year. 🤞
Wholesale changes happening on 20:22 - Apr 15 with 2425 viewsDarth_Koont

Wholesale changes happening on 20:18 - Apr 15 by Beckets

We have 4 players with contracts beyond summer 2022 ie Dozzell, Woolfenden, Dobra and KVY. Those plus Downes are the ones you would say of the senior players are most likely to be here next season.

If we’re still in League One I’d also keep Nsiala and Edwards. Both limited but at the same time you know exactly what their attributes and weaknesses are.

No reason why either wouldn’t be able to contribute to a good team.

Pronouns: He/Him

Wholesale changes happening on 20:24 - Apr 15 with 2420 viewsSitfcB

Wholesale changes happening on 20:16 - Apr 15 by PhilTWTD

In line with what I've heard. As per the other thread, am anticipating all but one or two senior players going. I'd imagine they'll wait until the season is mathematically done and dusted before informing them of what's happening, other than those who are already firmly out of the picture.

I’m going to guess Chambers and Toto will be the ones to stay.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Wholesale changes happening on 20:24 - Apr 15 with 2409 viewschrismakin

Wholesale changes happening on 20:22 - Apr 15 by BrightonBlue

Not so sure he will. The problem with Toto is that he always has an error lurking. Check out the Wimbledon lowlights and he manages to throw in a couple.....in just a 3 min clip. He’s certainly not alone in that, but I think we need to be doing better than that standard, across the board. Very few will be here next year. 🤞

If it's 1 or 2 senior players

I reckon it'll be Downes/KVY

all others gone.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Wholesale changes happening on 20:24 - Apr 15 with 2415 viewsSouperJim

Wholesale changes happening on 20:17 - Apr 15 by WD19

Part of the problem is that with a few dishonourable exceptions, practically all of the individuals are a borderline case for keeping. Good luck to Cook picking which to keep and which to ship out from the current crew.

I agree, you can make a case for Wilson, Nolan... but are they the players to take us forwards? Depends how many players we want to sign in one go.

Nsiala can leave tomorrow as far as I'm concerned. His positional sense is so poor and he often has an error in him. The good games in no way make up for the bad in that area of the pitch.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Wholesale changes happening on 20:24 - Apr 15 with 2408 viewspennblue

Wholesale changes happening on 20:07 - Apr 15 by BryanPlug

Toto is not good enough either.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Wholesale changes happening on 20:25 - Apr 15 with 2409 viewsxrayspecs

A friend of XRS jnr ia a very good friend of a current AFCW player. Speaking after the game, was told by AFCW player that he had heard that most of current Town squad will be shown the door this summer.

As I posted earlier, can only see Downes, KVY, Nydam, Dobra and possibly Bishop and Wolf of current first team squad being here at the start of the new season.

Interesting that this was coming from a player from another club
Login to get fewer ads

Wholesale changes happening on 20:25 - Apr 15 with 2391 viewsJ2BLUE

Wholesale changes happening on 20:24 - Apr 15 by chrismakin

If it's 1 or 2 senior players

I reckon it'll be Downes/KVY

all others gone.

One or two senior players out of contract surely?

Can almost guarantee it will be Chambers +1. Hopefully Nsiala.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

[Redacted] on 20:26 - Apr 15 with 2388 viewsvictorywilhappen

Wholesale changes happening on 20:24 - Apr 15 by SitfcB

[Redacted]
Wholesale changes happening on 20:27 - Apr 15 with 2347 viewschrismakin

Wholesale changes happening on 20:25 - Apr 15 by J2BLUE

One or two senior players out of contract surely?

Can almost guarantee it will be Chambers +1. Hopefully Nsiala.

Depends how deep this change is

You'd imagine it would be

But on the other hand, if the funds are there, he might want the lot out.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Wholesale changes happening on 20:30 - Apr 15 with 2314 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Wholesale changes happening on 20:19 - Apr 15 by BryanPlug

Cook has said he rates him, so I would think he'll take a punt.

..and you're right, being injured absolves him from any blame during the cook tenure.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Wholesale changes happening on 20:31 - Apr 15 with 2299 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Wholesale changes happening on 20:24 - Apr 15 by SouperJim

I agree, you can make a case for Wilson, Nolan... but are they the players to take us forwards? Depends how many players we want to sign in one go.

Nsiala can leave tomorrow as far as I'm concerned. His positional sense is so poor and he often has an error in him. The good games in no way make up for the bad in that area of the pitch.

No doubt they won't be the main drivers, but we'll still need some foot soldiers.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Wholesale changes happening on 20:33 - Apr 15 with 2278 viewshype313

In line with what I've heard. As per the other thread, am anticipating all but one or two senior players going. I'd imagine they'll wait until the season is mathematically done and dusted before informing them of what's happening, other than those who are already firmly out of the picture.

All but one or two, wow, that is a huge clearout.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Wholesale changes happening on 20:35 - Apr 15 with 2264 viewsIllinoisblue

Good to hear. Long overdue shakeup. Imagine we’ll be top of the charts for spending on agents this summer!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Wholesale changes happening on 20:38 - Apr 15 with 2213 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Oh please let that all be true

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Wholesale changes happening on 20:52 - Apr 15 with 2092 viewsreusersfreekicks

Wholesale changes happening on 20:18 - Apr 15 by Beckets

We have 4 players with contracts beyond summer 2022 ie Dozzell, Woolfenden, Dobra and KVY. Those plus Downes are the ones you would say of the senior players are most likely to be here next season.

I really hope he keeps Bishop.
Wholesale changes happening on 20:57 - Apr 15 with 2038 viewsChrisd

Wholesale changes happening on 19:51 - Apr 15 by SouperJim

Yes I realise it's hardly earth shattering news, but I thought the bit about some with a year or more left being settled quite surprising.

Think it shows that our new owners and manager aren’t mucking about. Let’s be honest, the performances the players have delivered since he took over aren’t going to impress anyone. Good on PC, I doubt many of us will be that bothered to see the majority get shifted on, they’ve clearly shown their hand to us. If the players feel they can get better deals elsewhere, good luck to them. However, this summer is going to be a dog eat dog situation regarding transfers. With a lot of out of contract players fighting for the same deals, with only certain amount of spaces available amongst the EFL clubs. Going to be interesting viewing.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Wholesale changes happening on 20:58 - Apr 15 with 2010 viewsJakeITFC

I don't have the out of contract list to hand but surely you'd be looking to retain Bishop, Nydam (both for ability) and Jackson (inherent value) of the ones I can remember.
Wholesale changes happening on 20:59 - Apr 15 with 1981 viewschrismakin

Wholesale changes happening on 20:57 - Apr 15 by Chrisd

Think it shows that our new owners and manager aren’t mucking about. Let’s be honest, the performances the players have delivered since he took over aren’t going to impress anyone. Good on PC, I doubt many of us will be that bothered to see the majority get shifted on, they’ve clearly shown their hand to us. If the players feel they can get better deals elsewhere, good luck to them. However, this summer is going to be a dog eat dog situation regarding transfers. With a lot of out of contract players fighting for the same deals, with only certain amount of spaces available amongst the EFL clubs. Going to be interesting viewing.

Well let's be honest, those on contracts against those soon to be without contracts and no one has really showed PC that they can be an important player for him going forwards.

Wholesale changes happening on 21:07 - Apr 15 with 1881 viewsChrisd

Wholesale changes happening on 20:59 - Apr 15 by chrismakin

Well let's be honest, those on contracts against those soon to be without contracts and no one has really showed PC that they can be an important player for him going forwards.

It’s just so poor on so many levels from our players that none of them have really put their hand up to say, ‘I’m worth keeping.’ Therefore, that gives PC the answer he is looking for and they’ve consistently shown that over the last 10 games. This is something that should’ve happened after our relegation from the Championship, I’m already looking forward to the summer.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2021 21:10]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Wholesale changes happening on 21:10 - Apr 15 with 1860 viewsmonty_radio

Wholesale changes happening on 20:20 - Apr 15 by BryanPlug

What the one where he fishes the once-soaring kestrel out of a dustbin in the back yard?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Wholesale changes happening on 21:11 - Apr 15 with 1828 viewsWD19

Wholesale changes happening on 20:33 - Apr 15 by hype313

All but one or two, wow, that is a huge clearout.

You are forgetting that we have a habit of pretending any home grown players under the age of 25 are not ‘senior players’.
Wholesale changes happening on 21:16 - Apr 15 with 1758 viewsKieran_Knows

Wholesale changes happening on 20:24 - Apr 15 by SitfcB

If Toto stays then we may as well pack it in.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Wholesale changes happening on 21:17 - Apr 15 with 1741 viewsIpswichKnight

It was believable until you said it was 1-0, the useless wibbering weasels would still be out there now trying to score.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024