Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players released 15:04 - Apr 21 with 45004 viewsgreyhound

Hearing rumours that the next stage of the clear out is awaiting announcement.

Jack lankaster among those names that I've been given as well as a large portion of under 23s

With all of the noise about improving academy when the takeover happened this seems surprising, I wonder if that u23 contingent includes more players that are in or around the first team than anything else.

I know we're seriously lacking quality but I hope in this clear out we don't make some hasty regrettable decisions on some of the younger talent we may have.

These are horrible horrible times as a town fan, where those you pinned your hopes on are falling so far short
Players released on 15:56 - Apr 21 with 2468 viewsPhilTWTD

Players released on 15:53 - Apr 21 by hype313

Indeed, it's been a bit Chelsea lite by hoarding players in the hope.

We need to be ruthless, something we haven't really been in the Evans era.

Most of us cling on to the hope that a youngster will be the next gem, but in reality we need a small, higher quality squad with team ethos and togetherness.

I thought we might keep a few, but even the few I thought would be safe, seem like they could be in trouble.

I genuinely don't think Cook has seen anything in any of them to make him think they have what it takes.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 15:53]

Think that's right, think he will be ruthless where there's been a lack of decisions made previously.
Players released on 15:57 - Apr 21 with 2450 viewsN2_Blue

Players released on 15:49 - Apr 21 by PhilTWTD

That's what I've heard. Players in that position where they're too good for the U23s - or ought to be anyway - but haven't established themselves in the first team for whatever reason. PC wants a smaller squad of a higher quality so not going to be room for young players who it's hoped might make it here.

To some extent I agree with that. I think there's been a tendency not to make decisions on young players which has contributed to the bloating of the squad.

Excellent i'd say.

A smaller (close knit) squad of quality is the way to go. Keep players happier too.

I hope this happens although no doubt our injury record would scupper things but this is the right way to go. We need quality. When did we last sign players that weren't loans with genuine quality? KVY is probably the only one since being in L1 but that's only based on his initial 8 games.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Players released on 16:01 - Apr 21 with 2401 viewsjayessess

Players released on 15:54 - Apr 21 by N2_Blue

Fair point.... didn't really think about KVY.

If he looks like he's over his injury and not going to break down then yes i'd probably keep KVY as it wouldn't make sense to release him (settle his contract).

However, if he wasn't here next year...I wouldn't be upset. His return to the team seems miles away from the form of his first 8 appearances and added to his injury record i'd consider offers.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 15:58]

On the basis of 236 minutes in a team that's falling apart?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Players released on 16:02 - Apr 21 with 2399 viewsElderGrizzly

Players released on 15:40 - Apr 21 by PhilTWTD

As I've said before, I think there will literally be a handful of current players still here in August, so younger players in his position will be moved on, although as you say he can't be released as he's in contract. El Mizouni, McGavin, those types of players between the U23s and senior side that probably won't be obvious contenders for a shirt next season I wouldn't expect to stay. Nydam will probably be one of the few in that sort of mould.

From what you an others close to the club are saying, we might all be very surprised how few players we have left.

As my three year old would say "this many on one hand"?
Players released on 16:04 - Apr 21 with 2366 viewsPhilTWTD

Players released on 16:02 - Apr 21 by ElderGrizzly

From what you an others close to the club are saying, we might all be very surprised how few players we have left.

As my three year old would say "this many on one hand"?

Obviously there may be one or two in contract they can't offload but there is going to be an exodus on a scale we've not seen previously.
Players released on 16:05 - Apr 21 with 2337 viewsGarv

Players released on 15:53 - Apr 21 by hype313

Indeed, it's been a bit Chelsea lite by hoarding players in the hope.

We need to be ruthless, something we haven't really been in the Evans era.

Most of us cling on to the hope that a youngster will be the next gem, but in reality we need a small, higher quality squad with team ethos and togetherness.

I thought we might keep a few, but even the few I thought would be safe, seem like they could be in trouble.

I genuinely don't think Cook has seen anything in any of them to make him think they have what it takes.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 15:53]

Ties in with the 'cosy Ipswich' tag as well. We're probably too happy to let young players stick around for 5-6 years in the hope they make it.

Saying that, I'd be disappointed if Lankester goes.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:05 - Apr 21 with 2325 viewsFixed_It

Is this a Friday Poo thread? (n/t) on 15:31 - Apr 21 by Bloots

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Players released on 16:06 - Apr 21 with 2312 viewsDanTheMan

Players released on 15:49 - Apr 21 by PhilTWTD

That's what I've heard. Players in that position where they're too good for the U23s - or ought to be anyway - but haven't established themselves in the first team for whatever reason. PC wants a smaller squad of a higher quality so not going to be room for young players who it's hoped might make it here.

To some extent I agree with that. I think there's been a tendency not to make decisions on young players which has contributed to the bloating of the squad.

Blimey.

What an interesting summer it's going to be.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

Players released on 16:06 - Apr 21 with 2315 viewshype313

Players released on 16:04 - Apr 21 by PhilTWTD

Obviously there may be one or two in contract they can't offload but there is going to be an exodus on a scale we've not seen previously.

Out of interest Phil, if you were to put a percentage chance of Norwood staying, where would you pitch it.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Players released on 16:08 - Apr 21 with 2285 viewsjayessess

Corrie Ndaba doing enough at Ayr to get consideration do we reckon?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Players released on 16:08 - Apr 21 with 2279 viewsMrTown

Players released on 16:06 - Apr 21 by hype313

Out of interest Phil, if you were to put a percentage chance of Norwood staying, where would you pitch it.

He will look to be offloaded.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Players released on 16:10 - Apr 21 with 2282 viewsPhilTWTD

Players released on 16:06 - Apr 21 by hype313

I'm guessing PC will set his sights higher and obviously he's been so unreliable fitness-wise, although he did also say positive stuff about him at Charlton on Saturday. However, I'm thinking he'll probably be moved on.
Players released on 16:11 - Apr 21 with 2244 viewsfooters

Players released on 16:10 - Apr 21 by PhilTWTD

I'm guessing PC will set his sights higher and obviously he's been so unreliable fitness-wise, although he did also say positive stuff about him at Charlton on Saturday. However, I'm thinking he'll probably be moved on.

YAY!

The end of the banter era is finally here!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Players released on 16:14 - Apr 21 with 2133 viewsWallingford_Boy

Players released on 16:08 - Apr 21 by jayessess

Corrie Ndaba doing enough at Ayr to get consideration do we reckon?

I think so.

Baggott too.

RIP Sir Bobby

Players released on 16:15 - Apr 21 with 2180 viewsJackPITFC

Players released on 16:10 - Apr 21 by PhilTWTD

Phil what is your gut feeling in regards to Chambers situation.
Players released on 16:19 - Apr 21 with 2124 viewsPhilTWTD

Players released on 16:15 - Apr 21 by JackPITFC

Phil what is your gut feeling in regards to Chambers situation.

Got the impression PC might look at keeping him on but as a squad player and not as captain from the comments at the weekend. That is purely my interpretation rather than any inside knowledge.
Players released on 16:20 - Apr 21 with 2098 viewsN2_Blue

Players released on 16:11 - Apr 21 by footers

YAY!

The end of the banter era is finally here!

Norwood needs to go. As much for his attitude as anything. We need to go back to Mick's philosophy of signing not only decent players but decent people.

Norwood should have been far more of a success here, and i think he did ok at times, and would score plenty of goals at this level with service and a confident team. If he had the right attitude i would have kept him and think he would have had success here....however clearly he's a wrong un and i cannot stand the guy. An utter tosshead.

Be very happy to see the back of him.

In any case i expect our main striker next season to be someone far better who has pedigree at Champ level but is willing to step down to re-start a career

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Players released on 16:23 - Apr 21 with 2002 viewschrismakin

It is funny sometimes

" We need a clear out, no more fringe players who cant step up

" No not Lancester....

And people wonder why things might not be well behind scenes,
well if you're binning off 40 odd players, it's not going to be a happy place and Cook warned us all
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 16:26]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Players released on 16:25 - Apr 21 with 2009 viewsitfcpaul

When do you think this will happen?

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Players released on 16:26 - Apr 21 with 2004 viewsJ2BLUE

Players released on 16:20 - Apr 21 by N2_Blue

Norwood needs to go. As much for his attitude as anything. We need to go back to Mick's philosophy of signing not only decent players but decent people.

Norwood should have been far more of a success here, and i think he did ok at times, and would score plenty of goals at this level with service and a confident team. If he had the right attitude i would have kept him and think he would have had success here....however clearly he's a wrong un and i cannot stand the guy. An utter tosshead.

Be very happy to see the back of him.

In any case i expect our main striker next season to be someone far better who has pedigree at Champ level but is willing to step down to re-start a career

Think we need to keep Norwood unless we get a bid from somewhere in Scotland. If he gets his act together and we give him some service he will get goals. If we release or sell him where is he going to go? League one. Could come back to haunt us. He's under contract and he's a goalscorer. Lets focus on finding a fitness coach to keep him fit and some players to provide him with ammunition.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Players released on 16:27 - Apr 21 with 1989 viewstractorboy1978

Players released on 16:26 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

Think we need to keep Norwood unless we get a bid from somewhere in Scotland. If he gets his act together and we give him some service he will get goals. If we release or sell him where is he going to go? League one. Could come back to haunt us. He's under contract and he's a goalscorer. Lets focus on finding a fitness coach to keep him fit and some players to provide him with ammunition.

Would help if he looked after himself to begin with.
Players released on 16:28 - Apr 21 with 1970 viewsfooters

Players released on 16:26 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

Nah, pay him up and let him be a fat, unprofessional manchild elsewhere. A bloke who acts like that isn't fit to wear the shirt. He had his chance and look at the disdain he's treated it with. He's a joke.

As you may be able to tell, I don't really like him.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Players released on 16:29 - Apr 21 with 1965 viewshype313

Players released on 16:27 - Apr 21 by tractorboy1978

Would help if he looked after himself to begin with.

He just looks like a guy who has lost his appetite (Excuse the pun) for the game, just seems like he got the big contract and that has taken away some desire.

As a professional he should have kept himself in shape last year, and he basically sat in the garden eating burgers.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Players released on 16:31 - Apr 21 with 1938 viewsBehindBlueEyes

Players released on 15:40 - Apr 21 by PhilTWTD

As I've said before, I think there will literally be a handful of current players still here in August, so younger players in his position will be moved on, although as you say he can't be released as he's in contract. El Mizouni, McGavin, those types of players between the U23s and senior side that probably won't be obvious contenders for a shirt next season I wouldn't expect to stay. Nydam will probably be one of the few in that sort of mould.

I'm hoping Nydam will be given a chance although slightly worried he hasn't featured since MK Dons. I think there's a player in there and hope he gets the chance to show it.

Can't say I'm too fussed about many of the others, the under 18s look good so gives them a chance to kick on at a higher level. This mass clearout is way overdue and will hopefully bring a massive change in mentality & quality.

Blog: Kundai Benyu – The Golden Shot?

Players released on 16:31 - Apr 21 with 1926 viewsRadlett_blue

Players released on 15:19 - Apr 21 by ElderGrizzly

Like a lot of our youngsters, they get better in our minds the less they play.

Hopefully he finds something suitable, but if we are going the tried and tested route with 'dirty pros' with Championship experience he won't get a game.

Town have a huge number of players who now should be showing that they are worthy of being around the first team squad, or else they shouldn't be kept at the club. I would include in this list Lankester, Nydam, Drinan, El Mizouni, Ndaba, Dobra, McGavin, Crowe & Morris. Realistically, most of those 9 aren't going to make it & we need to cull the list so we don't hold back the progress of the younger scholars.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024