Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most promising Town player who didn't make it... 13:47 - May 17 with 15266 viewsKropotkin123

Personally I remember Nabil Abidallah was a Dutch international at multiple youth levels and at the time I expected him to break into the team, but he didn't go on to have a decent career.

Who did you think was going to be the next big thing for us?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 14:19 - May 17 with 1722 viewschrismakin

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 14:16 - May 17 by jayessess

Still only 18, scored a couple in the EFL Trophy for their U23s last year, had an OK season for their PL2 side.

Not making England U19/U18 squads though, so presumably not currently regarded as the most outstanding prospect.

Who was the u18 talent klug said was the best player hed ever seen at our academy. Was it one those who left. Ndyam or another there at the moment.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 14:22 - May 17 with 1715 viewsPhilTWTD

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 13:55 - May 17 by Ftnfwest

How's Ben Knight doing these days? If he does make it, it'll be for someone else sadly

Someone was telling me the other day his progress has stalled a bit lately.
Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 14:25 - May 17 with 1704 viewsMookamoo

I'm disappointed we haven't seen anything of Dylan Crowe.

Should be fighting for for the right back spot.
Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 14:28 - May 17 with 1686 viewsChurchman

By no means the most promising player that didn’t make it, but I thought Josh Carson had something about him when I first saw him. Sadly no.

Going back a decade or two, I thought Phil Whelan was going to be a real stalwart player for us. Big, strong, full of heart and even scored early in his career. He was playing in a winning team alongside decent players and sadly as the team declined, so did he. His career sort of dribbled away.

Then there was all that fuss about Jamie Peters. Enough said.
[Post edited 17 May 2021 14:33]
Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 14:29 - May 17 with 1677 viewsjayessess

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 14:22 - May 17 by PhilTWTD

Most of the time it seems like we get the better end of the deal when PL clubs take our teenagers.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 14:30 - May 17 with 1671 viewsEdmundo

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 14:29 - May 17 by jayessess

Most of the time it seems like we get the better end of the deal when PL clubs take our teenagers.

Sean Friars

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 14:33 - May 17 with 1651 viewsIllinoisblue

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 13:48 - May 17 by hoppy

Dean Bowditch kept having multiple contract renewals in the hope he would one day realise his potential, without it ever really happening.

Although he had 15 years as a professional so hard to say he didn’t make it

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 14:33 - May 17 with 1651 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Tommy Oar

Gus Uhlenbeek

Login to get fewer ads

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 14:34 - May 17 with 1648 viewsFreoTown

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 14:25 - May 17 by Mookamoo

I'm disappointed we haven't seen anything of Dylan Crowe.

Should be fighting for for the right back spot.

Agreed, although I think a lot of the hype about him was when he was 15/16 years old.

Think he's 20/21 now so you'd think he'd be making an impression, at least on the squad as a whole but, nope.

ForeverTown

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 14:37 - May 17 with 1641 viewshoppy

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 14:33 - May 17 by Illinoisblue

Although he had 15 years as a professional so hard to say he didn’t make it

True... but not at the level that was expected when he was supposedly interesting the likes of Liverpool.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 14:43 - May 17 with 1599 viewsAlexGreen

Michael Beckham - anyone remember him on our books?!

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 14:44 - May 17 with 1593 viewsPhilTWTD

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 14:19 - May 17 by chrismakin

Who was the u18 talent klug said was the best player hed ever seen at our academy. Was it one those who left. Ndyam or another there at the moment.

Knight.
Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 14:44 - May 17 with 1597 viewsclive_baker

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 14:22 - May 17 by PhilTWTD

Found himself on the bench a bit for City yoofs I understand. A good standard of course, but I think they have / had very high hopes for him. The Mexican lad who went to Arsenal is doing well by all accounts.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 14:44 - May 17 with 1590 viewsGarv

Dean McDonald.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 14:45 - May 17 with 1588 viewsFreoTown

Had to look him up to remember his name but I seem to recall Darryl Knights was raved about in the reserves back in 06/07 (ish). Remember he made his debut away against Sunderland but think his only contribution was a badly overhit pass or something.

ForeverTown

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 14:47 - May 17 with 1572 viewsitfc_bucks

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 14:45 - May 17 by FreoTown

Had to look him up to remember his name but I seem to recall Darryl Knights was raved about in the reserves back in 06/07 (ish). Remember he made his debut away against Sunderland but think his only contribution was a badly overhit pass or something.

was just thinking of him.

Went to Yeovil and sank without a trace, IIRC.
Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 14:50 - May 17 with 1559 viewsclive_baker

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 13:50 - May 17 by Coco

Billy Clarke seemed to have a huge amount of hype.

He was some player when he joined. Thoroughly nice lad too, used to live in digs in Stoke Park when he moved over here.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 14:52 - May 17 with 1539 viewsCoco

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 14:44 - May 17 by PhilTWTD

Knight.

Daryl Knights

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 15:00 - May 17 with 1516 viewsFreoTown

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 14:52 - May 17 by Coco

Daryl Knights

Ben Knight recently went from Town to Man City & Darryl Knights made 1 appearance for us and then disappeared off the face of the earth.

ForeverTown

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 15:01 - May 17 with 1513 viewsFreoTown

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 14:47 - May 17 by itfc_bucks

was just thinking of him.

Went to Yeovil and sank without a trace, IIRC.

That'll be the one!

ForeverTown

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 15:09 - May 17 with 1484 viewspositivity

kundai benyu

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 15:15 - May 17 with 1471 viewsSharkey

Pat Sharkey.

Bobby Robson did not sign many players, but Pat was going to be special...
Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 15:17 - May 17 with 1460 viewsbaxterbasics

Sam Parkin.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 15:18 - May 17 with 1459 viewsyorkshireblue

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 14:11 - May 17 by Kropotkin123

Searched it and this came up. The second goal was actually pretty good control
[Post edited 17 May 2021 14:11]

He, like many of the academy players went to my sixth form. Obviously one of his subjects was A-Level PE.

A couple of days after this, in an assessed football match that I'm led to believe counted towards their grade (I didn't do PE, so I am unclear of this), one of the lads I had a season ticket with had to mark him - apparently he was a bit of a handful. My mate swapped at half-time with Aiden Collins who was also in the academy at the time.

A few have mentioned Dean McDonald - haven't heard that name in years so looked him up to see what became of him. Including us and Arsenal - 21 clubs!
Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 15:18 - May 17 with 1462 viewsvilanovablue

Most promising Town player who didn't make it... on 15:00 - May 17 by FreoTown

Ben Knight recently went from Town to Man City & Darryl Knights made 1 appearance for us and then disappeared off the face of the earth.

https://www.mancity.com/news/eds-academy/eds-v-spurs-match-report-30-april-63755

I'd also give a shout out to Jonas Axeldahl back around 2000 he seemed to score tons of goals for the reserves but never made the step up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024