Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? 13:14 - Oct 13 with 6395 viewsunstableblue

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 17:34 - Oct 13 with 1430 viewsChondzoresk

I’m a former Tory voter who want this bunch of tw@ts out now. It’s Starmer for me.
If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 18:18 - Oct 13 with 1389 viewsfactual_blue

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 17:00 - Oct 13 by Swansea_Blue

Depends on the candidate. If it was our current Labour one I’d be happy to vote tactically for her, as they are the only ones who can keep the Tories out here and ours can be a close seat. It’s a bonus that she’s a decent person, genuinely local and works hard for our constituency.

I’m politically homeless though. If not for tactical voting I’ve no idea where I’d sit these days (used to be mostly Lib Dem). I’d probably look to the greens if they could get serious like their counterparts on the continent.

Put it this way, I certainly won't be voting for matt halfcock.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 18:21 - Oct 13 with 1381 viewsPinewoodblue

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 13:37 - Oct 13 by NthQldITFC

Greens, but I don't think they're green enough.

Also, hard luck with the colour coding!

The colours always come up in the same order he just didn’t think it through.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 19:13 - Oct 13 with 1349 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Whow this thread has been up six hours on a forum so left wing and Tory Bashing, yet
34.4 % will vote for Boris at a fictitious election if it were tomorrow.
Queue loadsa insults;
If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 19:25 - Oct 13 with 1339 viewsBluesky

Macauley Bonne
If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 19:26 - Oct 13 with 1338 viewsunstableblue

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 19:13 - Oct 13 by Timefliesbyintheblue

Whow this thread has been up six hours on a forum so left wing and Tory Bashing, yet
34.4 % will vote for Boris at a fictitious election if it were tomorrow.
Queue loadsa insults;

Rather about a fact rather than an insult

Our European neighbours exports are up 1.5% on pre Covid levels….

The UK is 17% lower

Happy with that??

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 19:41 - Oct 13 with 1321 viewsDurovigutum

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 17:00 - Oct 13 by Swansea_Blue

Depends on the candidate. If it was our current Labour one I’d be happy to vote tactically for her, as they are the only ones who can keep the Tories out here and ours can be a close seat. It’s a bonus that she’s a decent person, genuinely local and works hard for our constituency.

I’m politically homeless though. If not for tactical voting I’ve no idea where I’d sit these days (used to be mostly Lib Dem). I’d probably look to the greens if they could get serious like their counterparts on the continent.

In a liberal society, everyone is free to pursue their dreams, to make the most of their talents and to live their lives as they wish.

Everyone has enjoyed high quality education at school and has access to education and training throughout their lives. People can apply for worthwhile jobs or, if they prefer, work for themselves. They know they are supported by health and social care and welfare benefits in case of need, and they can rent or buy decent housing in safe neighbourhoods to live in.

People know who takes decisions on their behalf at a local level, whether this is in local government or local public services, and they know how to make their views heard through a multiplicity of representative organisations. If something goes wrong, whether in the companies they work for or buy from, or in their rights under law, there are means of putting things right, of access to justice, which every individual can use fairly whatever their background, education, income or wealth.

The country is a world leader in tackling the climate and nature emergencies, reducing emissions of greenhouse gases and pollutants and improving the efficiency of energy and resource use. The use of fossil fuels for power, heat and transport is coming to an end, walking and cycling are encouraged and clean public transport is available. The countryside is coming back to life with the spread of forests and the recovery of wildlife; healthy and affordable food is produced in increasingly low impact ways.

Britain is once more a member of the EU, working with its European neighbours to tackle the major challenges of the century. Britain’s aid programme is one of the largest in the world, relative to its wealth, addressing global poverty and the climate and nature emergencies.

Democracy is thriving. Local councils at all levels represent their citizens and values and listen to their views. Proportional representation, together with an effective system of constraints on those elected, ensure that no party exercises a monopoly of power at any level, local or national. Of course there are major disagreements between parties, but they are resolved through elections and collaboration, and respect for one another’s views, not through the winner takes all contempt for opposition that characterises our current system.

A different country, a different world, is possible.
If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 20:29 - Oct 13 with 1282 viewsfactual_blue

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 17:29 - Oct 13 by Cheltenham_Blue

I think the question you’re asking is “Who would you want as PM. Who is vote for is totally different, we don’t have a two party presidency. Also, you’ve left Glasgow Blue out of this entirely.

Login to get fewer ads

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 20:59 - Oct 13 with 1244 viewsBlueBadger

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 15:47 - Oct 13 by Digger77

People tend to vote for what they think is best for them and their family.

Which isn't Labour obviously.

What exactly about the openly bigoted, incompetent ad corrupt current incarnation of the Tory party appeals to you?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 21:05 - Oct 13 with 1236 viewschicoazul

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 19:41 - Oct 13 by Durovigutum

In a liberal society, everyone is free to pursue their dreams, to make the most of their talents and to live their lives as they wish.

Everyone has enjoyed high quality education at school and has access to education and training throughout their lives. People can apply for worthwhile jobs or, if they prefer, work for themselves. They know they are supported by health and social care and welfare benefits in case of need, and they can rent or buy decent housing in safe neighbourhoods to live in.

People know who takes decisions on their behalf at a local level, whether this is in local government or local public services, and they know how to make their views heard through a multiplicity of representative organisations. If something goes wrong, whether in the companies they work for or buy from, or in their rights under law, there are means of putting things right, of access to justice, which every individual can use fairly whatever their background, education, income or wealth.

The country is a world leader in tackling the climate and nature emergencies, reducing emissions of greenhouse gases and pollutants and improving the efficiency of energy and resource use. The use of fossil fuels for power, heat and transport is coming to an end, walking and cycling are encouraged and clean public transport is available. The countryside is coming back to life with the spread of forests and the recovery of wildlife; healthy and affordable food is produced in increasingly low impact ways.

Britain is once more a member of the EU, working with its European neighbours to tackle the major challenges of the century. Britain’s aid programme is one of the largest in the world, relative to its wealth, addressing global poverty and the climate and nature emergencies.

Democracy is thriving. Local councils at all levels represent their citizens and values and listen to their views. Proportional representation, together with an effective system of constraints on those elected, ensure that no party exercises a monopoly of power at any level, local or national. Of course there are major disagreements between parties, but they are resolved through elections and collaboration, and respect for one another’s views, not through the winner takes all contempt for opposition that characterises our current system.

Just need to re-educate a few million people first eh? Or kill them.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

40%, joint highest amount,would vote for the worst government in living... on 21:10 - Oct 13 with 1233 viewsDarth_Koont

40%, joint highest amount,would vote for the worst government in living... on 17:06 - Oct 13 by Digger77

People just couldn't stomach voting for a racist leader / party. They would have to live with that on their conscience.

So, they preferred to vote for Boris.

Utter nonsense.

You’d rather believe lies and smears rather than the actual words of Boris, let alone the record of his party.

Says a lot about how anti-racist you really are. And a lot of other people on here to be fair.

It’s amazing how people will sell their soul if they think they might have to pay a little more tax and actually help society rather than themselves.

Pronouns: He/Him

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 21:20 - Oct 13 with 1225 viewsElderGrizzly

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 13:39 - Oct 13 by unstableblue

Who would you vote for?

Or you happy not voting and watching UK PLC (or is it England PC) become a third rate nation?

Whoever would form a progressive coalition. Which right now leads the Tories by 10%+ if you pool it.

I know it’s not that simple and would require a significant amount of tactical voting, but it’s possible
40%, joint highest amount,would vote for the worst government in living... on 22:14 - Oct 13 with 1178 viewsfactual_blue

40%, joint highest amount,would vote for the worst government in living... on 21:10 - Oct 13 by Darth_Koont

Utter nonsense.

You’d rather believe lies and smears rather than the actual words of Boris, let alone the record of his party.

Says a lot about how anti-racist you really are. And a lot of other people on here to be fair.

It’s amazing how people will sell their soul if they think they might have to pay a little more tax and actually help society rather than themselves.

Plus they secretly (or perhaps not so secretly) agree with his observations about piccaninnies.

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 22:58 - Oct 13 with 1139 viewsChurchman

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 14:11 - Oct 13 by hype313

Where's Screaming Lord Sutch when you need him, couldn't have done any worse than the showers in govt and opposition over the past 10 years.

We still have Count Binface to bring some much needed sanity.
If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 23:23 - Oct 13 with 1124 viewsDarth_Koont

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 19:41 - Oct 13 by Durovigutum

Visit our closest neighbours and that's pretty much what you'll find. It's no utopia, just how you look after people and build a society.

But that's certainly not how our establishment and media want life to be.

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 23:31 - Oct 13 with 1113 viewsBurns7

If the choice is between the worse PM in living history or the weakest leader of the opposition in the history of UK politics then I will not vote.
If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 23:39 - Oct 13 with 1103 viewsClapham_Junction

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 23:31 - Oct 13 by Burns7

If the choice is between the worse PM in living history or the weakest leader of the opposition in the history of UK politics then I will not vote.

But that's not the choice. Whoever is PM will not wield sole power — you have to consider what kind of ministers and MPs that party has. It's not just Johnson running the show, it's an entire shower of bastards. And even if you think Starmer is a bit weak, he's still an infinitely better choice than the awful human being we have in charge at the moment.

And ultimately you're voting for your local MP. Would you rather have a Sandy Martin or a Tom Hunt? I would hope most people would be in the 'anyone but Hunt' category and would vote for whoever was most likely to send him packing back to Ely.
If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 07:34 - Oct 14 with 986 viewswkj

Jet from The Gladiators

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 07:49 - Oct 14 with 977 viewsDurovigutum

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 21:20 - Oct 13 by ElderGrizzly

Whoever would form a progressive coalition. Which right now leads the Tories by 10%+ if you pool it.

I know it’s not that simple and would require a significant amount of tactical voting, but it’s possible

The problem with the Labour party is, and perhaps always has been, that it's more important to be ideologically perfect than to compromise and be in power. Blair saw that, and Labour hate him now. If they can't sort that, how could they ever agree to work with the infidels of the other parties in a progressive alliance? And then Swinson last time thinking she could win outright, but losing her seat?

The Tories wait until their in power before pushing the agenda. Then a year before the election whitewash everything.

Many moons ago someone said to be "it's better to be kind than right", I'd suggest all opposition parties need to be kind to the country and population even if that means their shade of grey is compromised slightly.

Politics from about 1977 says we're in for a Tory government until I retire in 20 years time....
If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 08:44 - Oct 14 with 950 viewsDarth_Koont

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 07:49 - Oct 14 by Durovigutum

The problem with the Labour party is, and perhaps always has been, that it's more important to be ideologically perfect than to compromise and be in power. Blair saw that, and Labour hate him now. If they can't sort that, how could they ever agree to work with the infidels of the other parties in a progressive alliance? And then Swinson last time thinking she could win outright, but losing her seat?

The Tories wait until their in power before pushing the agenda. Then a year before the election whitewash everything.

Many moons ago someone said to be "it's better to be kind than right", I'd suggest all opposition parties need to be kind to the country and population even if that means their shade of grey is compromised slightly.

Politics from about 1977 says we're in for a Tory government until I retire in 20 years time....

I think your opening characteristic of Labour needing to be “ideologically pure” has been quite untrue since I’ve been watching them over the past 30-odd years. That’s very much the narrative, of course.

Blair pitched right and pretty much embraced centre-right politics. He rejected more redistributive policies in the main in favour of market-led ones that felt quite inadequate for the needs of the UK as a whole. That wasn’t just rejected by the so-called “hard left” either, but by millions of voters after 1997 and led to losing Scotland, losing the Red Wall and now in Starmer’s tribute band version they can barely make a dent in the worst government ever because there’s no clear water. In fact Boris is so comfortable on the centre-right himself that he can even talk about lightweight redistributive policies and levelling up to keep outflanking them.

All round, it’s shockingly poor representation of the needs of the UK as a whole. And incredible that voters aren’t being given an alternative.

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 08:44 - Oct 14 with 948 viewsSonOfSpock

None of the above.

SDP
If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 10:40 - Oct 14 with 878 viewsSarge

It’s really hard to find anyone worth voting for but clearly the decent thing to do is to vote for whoever is the strongest opposition to this current government which has betrayed the UK, its people, and taken us about 40 years backwards.
If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 10:43 - Oct 14 with 880 viewsThe_Major

This mob in power ain't Conservative. You've only got to look at the reactions of most former Conservative politicians who served before 2010 for evidence of that. What we have in power is a UKIP/Daily Mail coalition led by the single most inappropriate individual ever to hold the office of Prime Minister. And whilst I wouldn't vote Conservative, I would gladly be happy for more sensible true Tories to take over like....well, basically like most of those who the pork haystack threw out prior to the 2019 election.

Anyhow, as things stand in the Great TWTD Poll, popping those results into the Electoral Calculus website gives a Conservative Majority of 16. I reckon that's a pretty accurate prediction. A greatly reduced majority this time round, Johnson sees which way the wind is blowing as he realises it'll be a lot more hassle this time round, so chucks it in, Liz Truss takes over, and then Labour win the next one called in say 2028.

*Cut to Johnson celebrating Blair style landslide in 2024*
If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 10:44 - Oct 14 with 874 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 19:26 - Oct 13 by unstableblue

Rather about a fact rather than an insult

Our European neighbours exports are up 1.5% on pre Covid levels….

The UK is 17% lower

Happy with that??

Germany currently has a very large supply issue and their department stores are struggling to fulfil orders. 74% of German retailers have logistic issues. Their inflation is now above 4% the highest for 28 years and energy costs have risen by 14% with heating oil going up 76%. They also have a lorry driver shortage of over 60,000.
So you see statistics can tell you whatever it is you want to hear.
If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 11:59 - Oct 14 with 834 viewspointofblue

34.3% for the current Conservatives? I mean… there are no words.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024