Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? 13:14 - Oct 13 with 6397 viewsunstableblue

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 13:16 - Oct 14 with 1322 viewsDarth_Koont

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 11:59 - Oct 14 by pointofblue

34.3% for the current Conservatives? I mean… there are no words.

That’s on here. In reality, it’s far worse ...

Also you can factor in an utter void of a so-called opposition who look little better in real terms.

Pronouns: He/Him

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 13:24 - Oct 14 with 1312 viewsChrisd

It certainly wouldn't be the Tories, the longer they remain in power the worse they appear and I just don't see Starmer as a leader, so uninspiring. I then think if I voted for anyone else it would be a wasted vote and would have little impact. I do firmly believe the door is wide open for Labour to take advantage, but not with their current leadership. So in answer to your question Unstableblue, I really don't know currently!!
[Post edited 14 Oct 2021 15:12]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 15:17 - Oct 14 with 1234 viewsBlueBadger

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 10:43 - Oct 14 by The_Major

This mob in power ain't Conservative. You've only got to look at the reactions of most former Conservative politicians who served before 2010 for evidence of that. What we have in power is a UKIP/Daily Mail coalition led by the single most inappropriate individual ever to hold the office of Prime Minister. And whilst I wouldn't vote Conservative, I would gladly be happy for more sensible true Tories to take over like....well, basically like most of those who the pork haystack threw out prior to the 2019 election.

Anyhow, as things stand in the Great TWTD Poll, popping those results into the Electoral Calculus website gives a Conservative Majority of 16. I reckon that's a pretty accurate prediction. A greatly reduced majority this time round, Johnson sees which way the wind is blowing as he realises it'll be a lot more hassle this time round, so chucks it in, Liz Truss takes over, and then Labour win the next one called in say 2028.

*Cut to Johnson celebrating Blair style landslide in 2024*

Sure they are. They're just now saying out loud what they used to reserve for fringe meetings, parish councils and the golf club.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 15:21 - Oct 14 with 1225 viewsChurchman

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 13:24 - Oct 14 by Chrisd

It certainly wouldn't be the Tories, the longer they remain in power the worse they appear and I just don't see Starmer as a leader, so uninspiring. I then think if I voted for anyone else it would be a wasted vote and would have little impact. I do firmly believe the door is wide open for Labour to take advantage, but not with their current leadership. So in answer to your question Unstableblue, I really don't know currently!!

This is where I’m at - unless Count Binface forms a party or Larry the Downing St cat gives it a go
If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 15:31 - Oct 14 with 1217 viewsnoggin

The actual state of Britain ffs. 43% of TWTD posters would still vote for the tories. Mind blowing!

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 16:16 - Oct 14 with 1175 viewsSwansea_Blue

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 13:24 - Oct 14 by Chrisd

I know what you mean about starmer as a leader, but to be fair to Labour 'uninspiring' is orders of magnitude better than corruption, bigotry, constant lying, depleted services, destroying the economy, dogwhislting, incompetence, worse public health response ever and all round general nastiness.

It's not really a competition as long as you have an interest in living in a fairer, better off, healthier and better respected country.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 16:18 - Oct 14 with 1174 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 15:31 - Oct 14 by noggin

The actual state of Britain ffs. 43% of TWTD posters would still vote for the tories. Mind blowing!

And I thought you non Tory, Remainers were always spot on with your facts and stats!
If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 17:28 - Oct 14 with 1115 viewsDarth_Koont

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 16:16 - Oct 14 by Swansea_Blue

I know what you mean about starmer as a leader, but to be fair to Labour 'uninspiring' is orders of magnitude better than corruption, bigotry, constant lying, depleted services, destroying the economy, dogwhislting, incompetence, worse public health response ever and all round general nastiness.

It's not really a competition as long as you have an interest in living in a fairer, better off, healthier and better respected country.

The problem is that Labour aren’t going to win an election on their own, current merits. Not only is the leadership incredibly uninspiring and totally bereft of ideas but they have their own problems with lying, corruption and incompetence. The more the electorate see of them the less they like – and that’s before the Forde Report and its aftermath.

They’re going to do very little except cement their own positions on the left (or rather centre-right) of the establishment. Meanwhile the Tories cruise on, structural problems and 21st Century challenges stay unaddressed, and perhaps the United Kingdom breaks up too.

I’d go so far to say the Labour Party and the Centrist Duds who support them are the biggest danger facing us. We know Tories are going to Tory, but the sheer absence of a credible opposition and alternative just makes everything much worse.

We need something radical like a progressive alliance with politicians from a range of opposition parties who are genuinely committed to a change of direction. Let’s get Clive Lewis in who is one of the few politicians to call for that from the start.

Login to get fewer ads

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 17:48 - Oct 14 with 1090 viewswitchdoctor

take it it’s not going the way you expected?
If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 18:14 - Oct 14 with 1065 viewsDarth_Koont

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 17:28 - Oct 14 by Darth_Koont

The problem is that Labour aren’t going to win an election on their own, current merits. Not only is the leadership incredibly uninspiring and totally bereft of ideas but they have their own problems with lying, corruption and incompetence. The more the electorate see of them the less they like – and that’s before the Forde Report and its aftermath.

They’re going to do very little except cement their own positions on the left (or rather centre-right) of the establishment. Meanwhile the Tories cruise on, structural problems and 21st Century challenges stay unaddressed, and perhaps the United Kingdom breaks up too.

I’d go so far to say the Labour Party and the Centrist Duds who support them are the biggest danger facing us. We know Tories are going to Tory, but the sheer absence of a credible opposition and alternative just makes everything much worse.

We need something radical like a progressive alliance with politicians from a range of opposition parties who are genuinely committed to a change of direction. Let’s get Clive Lewis in who is one of the few politicians to call for that from the start.

Downvotes from the death cult 😢
[Post edited 14 Oct 2021 18:35]

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 19:54 - Oct 14 with 1000 viewsblueconscience

Wouldn’t waste my energy going to vote. They all promise everything and deliver nothing.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 20:07 - Oct 14 with 978 viewsreusersfreekicks

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 17:28 - Oct 14 by Darth_Koont

Not sure what your personal economic status is and don't need to know but it's often those who don't need the help who won't compromise. I was struck by talking to a woman at work who told me how much tax credits helped her. Sure start helped thousands. The NHS was revitalised. I would never support the IRAQ war but you seem to purport a very rigid narative that unless some very very radical change is made then no-one is any better off whoever is in charge. Maybe you can afford to hold that view, many can't.
If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 20:16 - Oct 14 with 970 viewsDarth_Koont

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 20:07 - Oct 14 by reusersfreekicks

Not sure what your personal economic status is and don't need to know but it's often those who don't need the help who won't compromise. I was struck by talking to a woman at work who told me how much tax credits helped her. Sure start helped thousands. The NHS was revitalised. I would never support the IRAQ war but you seem to purport a very rigid narative that unless some very very radical change is made then no-one is any better off whoever is in charge. Maybe you can afford to hold that view, many can't.

That was the policy during a global economic uplift. What was the policy when the economy failed?

Maybe you can approve of that conditional support, I can’t. We need to support people and invest in the UK as a whole especially when things get tough– that’s what real governments and societies do.

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 20:23 - Oct 14 with 965 viewsStuartBrett8

If voter apathy wasn't a thing I believe this mob wouldn't be in power, the public just don't seem bothered one way or the other.

Stop the world, I want to get off
Poll: What should we do with Frank Nouble?

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 21:48 - Oct 14 with 901 viewsBurns7

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 23:39 - Oct 13 by Clapham_Junction

But that's not the choice. Whoever is PM will not wield sole power — you have to consider what kind of ministers and MPs that party has. It's not just Johnson running the show, it's an entire shower of bastards. And even if you think Starmer is a bit weak, he's still an infinitely better choice than the awful human being we have in charge at the moment.

And ultimately you're voting for your local MP. Would you rather have a Sandy Martin or a Tom Hunt? I would hope most people would be in the 'anyone but Hunt' category and would vote for whoever was most likely to send him packing back to Ely.

My MP is neither, I live in North West Essex and she wins with majorities of 25k or something silly. Waste of time, anyhow if Blue Labour wins nothing will change either way.
If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 00:11 - Oct 15 with 824 viewsClapham_Junction

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 21:48 - Oct 14 by Burns7

My MP is neither, I live in North West Essex and she wins with majorities of 25k or something silly. Waste of time, anyhow if Blue Labour wins nothing will change either way.

Fair enough. We desperately need a new electoral system so safe seats cease to exist and everyone cam feel their vote actually matters.
If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 06:37 - Oct 15 with 754 viewsKropotkin123

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 13:39 - Oct 13 by unstableblue

Who would you vote for?

Or you happy not voting and watching UK PLC (or is it England PC) become a third rate nation?

I was under the impression it had been voted into a third rate nation already...

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 08:23 - Oct 15 with 713 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 06:37 - Oct 15 by Kropotkin123

I was under the impression it had been voted into a third rate nation already...

Exactly this...

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 08:45 - Oct 15 with 702 viewspointofblue

If there was General Election tomorrow, who would you vote for? on 20:07 - Oct 14 by reusersfreekicks

It’s all very well saying New Labour was better than the Conservatives, and it no doubt was, but the current version, watered down, weak and lacking anyone with the drive or personality of Blair to grab positive attention of the populace or the press, is hardly in a position to take over against the worst government possibly ever.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024