Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did anyone else think we wouldn't go up this season? 14:59 - Nov 30 with 2404 viewsMaySixth

maybe just me

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Did anyone else think we wouldn't go up this season? on 15:01 - Nov 30 with 1724 viewshomer_123

I thought we'd at least be in the play-offs and the lottery that brings.

Was never 100 goals, 100 points etc etc

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Did anyone else think we wouldn't go up this season? on 15:03 - Nov 30 with 1719 viewswkj

Did anyone else think we wouldn't go up this season? on 15:01 - Nov 30 by homer_123

You weren't the only one.

Before the season, Rotherham were my bet as future champions by MaySixth 22 Nov 2021 16:24
and Ipswich were my bet to make the play-offs

both of those feel bang-on whatever the result tomorrow

expecting defeat

get on with it

Expecting to make the playoffs but not win them, very specific - yet plausible.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Did anyone else think we wouldn't go up this season? on 15:08 - Nov 30 with 1697 viewspositivity

Did anyone else think we wouldn't go up this season? on 15:03 - Nov 30 by wkj

You weren't the only one.

Before the season, Rotherham were my bet as future champions by MaySixth 22 Nov 2021 16:24
and Ipswich were my bet to make the play-offs

both of those feel bang-on whatever the result tomorrow

expecting defeat

get on with it

Expecting to make the playoffs but not win them, very specific - yet plausible.

all too plausible unfortunately...

i had us playoffs, but realistically that means not promoted!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Did anyone else think we wouldn't go up this season? on 16:27 - Nov 30 with 1630 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Play offs at the very minimum.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Did anyone else think we wouldn't go up this season? on 16:38 - Nov 30 with 1604 viewsmarkchips

Did anyone else think we wouldn't go up this season? on 15:01 - Nov 30 by homer_123

Too many changes and the lottery of too many players who have not played together at this level.

Will be interesting to see who else is cleared out this January to possibly bring in a couple of more physical players.

I think our best chance of Wembley this year is in the Papa Johns and hopefully a few lucky breaks in the FA cup.

I have been miserable so long I would probably settle for that which is a damning indictment of how far we have fallen.
I assumed we'd lose in the play offs..... on 16:48 - Nov 30 with 1576 viewsBloots

....I assume that will be next season now.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Did anyone else think we wouldn't go up this season? on 16:53 - Nov 30 with 1564 viewsghostofescobar

I posted a few days ago that I had thought that. I don't think some appreciate quite what a wreck of a club Evans left behind. Our problems go much, much deeper than just 11 players out on the field. Having said that, I am starting to feel a bit deflated with our league position. I was hoping for a little more consistency by now.

GhostOfEscobar

Did anyone else think we wouldn't go up this season? on 17:01 - Nov 30 with 1533 viewsRadioOrwell

I honestly thought automatic or at worst play offs.

I know NOTHING about football.
Login to get fewer ads

Did anyone else think we wouldn't go up this season? on 17:04 - Nov 30 with 1518 viewsMullet

Why would you have had so little faith in Cook now you're championing him so dogmatically?

Especially when he's had such total control and backing.

FWIW, this pretence expectations weren't/shouldn't be high is as wearing as the blame the fans ideas, rather than actually analysing things properly.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/members/Mullet/polls/3715/what-is-the-minimum-requirement

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Did anyone else think we wouldn't go up this season? on 17:17 - Nov 30 with 1473 viewsbackwaywhen

Was hoping like a great majority no doubt , but also expected play offs as a minimum.
I assumed we'd lose in the play offs..... on 17:23 - Nov 30 with 1460 viewsHighgateBlue

I assumed we'd lose in the play offs..... on 16:48 - Nov 30 by Bloots

....I assume that will be next season now.

Depends who replaces Cook.
Did anyone else think we wouldn't go up this season? on 17:23 - Nov 30 with 1454 viewsChurchman

Did anyone else think we wouldn't go up this season? on 16:53 - Nov 30 by ghostofescobar

I posted a few days ago that I had thought that. I don't think some appreciate quite what a wreck of a club Evans left behind. Our problems go much, much deeper than just 11 players out on the field. Having said that, I am starting to feel a bit deflated with our league position. I was hoping for a little more consistency by now.

I don’t think anyone quite appreciated how low the club had been brought. However, I thought with a new team we’d be inconsistent at the start but would be steamrollering teams by now. I thought as a minimum we’d challenge for top two.

I’m not sure whether the joy of seeing the back of dementor Evans, Lambert and his wasters blinded me to the reality of the difficulties of throwing a team together in one window under FFP or that I over just estimated Cook’s abilities. Bit of both? Regardless I expected better than wallowing mid table of this Mickey Mouse division.
Did anyone else think we wouldn't go up this season? on 17:37 - Nov 30 with 1417 viewsazuremerlangus

Ditto
[Post edited 30 Nov 2021 17:37]

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Did anyone else think we wouldn't go up this season? on 18:05 - Nov 30 with 1371 viewsRyorry

I *hoped* we'd go up but never *expected* to - always thought we'd be a 'work in progress' this season, given the huge upheavals in everything ITFC as a result of the change of ownership; and also given that no-one seems 100% sure whether PC was actually our new owners choice of manager.

I do expect it next season though if we don't make it via the POs in May.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Did anyone else think we wouldn't go up this season? on 18:18 - Nov 30 with 1338 viewsgeg1992

I said to my Dad at the start of the season that I think it will be a rough ride and we may just sneak into the play offs.

Of course he just said I'm too negative, as I usually have a negative view of everything.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Did anyone else think we wouldn't go up this season? on 18:22 - Nov 30 with 1325 viewschrismakin

I remember saying there were a good 6/7 clubs looking to get promoted. Including Wigan and Rotherham etc. I got laughed at.. which is standard. Funnily enough they're up there alongside the others I said.

But.. we should be one of them. We aren't even close :(

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Did anyone else think we wouldn't go up this season? on 18:34 - Nov 30 with 1299 viewsistanblue

Did anyone else think we wouldn't go up this season? on 17:01 - Nov 30 by RadioOrwell

I honestly thought automatic or at worst play offs.

I know NOTHING about football.

No, it's called having standards - something many elements of our fanbase don't have. We absolutely should be in the play-offs at a bare minimum, with top 2 being very much a realistic prospect.
Did anyone else think we wouldn't go up this season? on 18:42 - Nov 30 with 1284 viewsCoastalblue

Honestly expected top 4 after maybe a slow start, hoped for top 2.

Been a lot slower start than I expected and be amazed if we manage top 6 now, just can't see it.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Did anyone else think we wouldn't go up this season? on 18:51 - Nov 30 with 1261 viewsrgp1

The problem with most of our managers is that too many big them up before they do anything. If you go back many years the only one with any standing in the game and all round respect was John Lyall. None of the others since come anywhere near. Burley and the dark lord were novices, Jewell was yesterday's man and McCarthy was good at fixing car crashes.

We just need to tone down our language and stop treating the managers like some kind of god.
Did anyone else think we wouldn't go up this season? on 18:56 - Nov 30 with 1238 viewsKeaneish

I expected and still expect us to be top 6. It took Cook two-season with Portsmouth and Chesterfield. That’s the window I give Cook although my expectation is play-off final minimum this year unless there’s ridiculous mitigating circumstances like some shocking referee decisions in the play-off semis.

Will others give him that? Pahahaha! Look at the state of this forum in the last week!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Did anyone else think we wouldn't go up this season? on 18:57 - Nov 30 with 1224 viewspositivity

Did anyone else think we wouldn't go up this season? on 18:51 - Nov 30 by rgp1

The problem with most of our managers is that too many big them up before they do anything. If you go back many years the only one with any standing in the game and all round respect was John Lyall. None of the others since come anywhere near. Burley and the dark lord were novices, Jewell was yesterday's man and McCarthy was good at fixing car crashes.

We just need to tone down our language and stop treating the managers like some kind of god.

bfj?

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Did anyone else think we wouldn't go up this season? on 19:06 - Nov 30 with 1194 viewsWicklowBlue

I had hoped that we would get off to a flying start and at least playoffs. But after 46 years on this planet the one thing I am certain of is nothing ITFC related is certain, and more often than not is going to dash your hopes.

Still the season isn't over yet!!!!
Did anyone else think we wouldn't go up this season? on 19:18 - Nov 30 with 1181 viewsHerbivore

Did anyone else think we wouldn't go up this season? on 18:56 - Nov 30 by Keaneish

I expected and still expect us to be top 6. It took Cook two-season with Portsmouth and Chesterfield. That’s the window I give Cook although my expectation is play-off final minimum this year unless there’s ridiculous mitigating circumstances like some shocking referee decisions in the play-off semis.

Will others give him that? Pahahaha! Look at the state of this forum in the last week!

He'll get it if it looks feasible but at the moment I don't see how anyone can be confident he'll take us to the play off final based on his time here to date.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Did anyone else think we wouldn't go up this season? on 19:28 - Nov 30 with 1141 viewsVic

I thought we’d take a few weeks to ‘g*l’ as a team and then make gradual progress up the league and be in or around the top 6 by now. I’ve never been sold on the idea that we should be top 2 certs - that is too disrespectful to other clubs.

A few games ago were we only a win and a draw off the top 6 and can/should easily get back there before too long. If we meander along 8n mid table mediocrity then the manager is a fair lure and has to go. Top 6 at the end of the season is enough to keep his job for a couple or three months next season. If we’re not top 2 or pushing them hard by sometime in October then He’d have to go.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Did anyone else think we wouldn't go up this season? on 20:15 - Nov 30 with 1079 viewsrgp1

Did anyone else think we wouldn't go up this season? on 18:57 - Nov 30 by positivity

bfj?

Maybe but again he was sometimes a polarising character.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024