Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. 10:42 - Jan 21 with 7685 viewsLord_Lucan

What death of a so called celebrity which of course you don't and will never know cause you the most anguish.

I'm leaving Her Maj out of this as that's a given.

I'm struggling to separate a top three of Tom Hanks, Martin Clunes and Timothy Spall - although if I'm honest I haven't given this matter a great deal of thought.

I think I will go for Timothy Spall.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 10:45 - Jan 21 with 3529 viewsEwan_Oozami

Michael Palin...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 10:46 - Jan 21 with 3514 viewsWeWereZombies

Patti Smith

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 10:49 - Jan 21 with 3485 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Phil Ham.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 10:49 - Jan 21 with 3479 viewsChurchman

Joanna Lumley
Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 10:53 - Jan 21 with 3467 viewsCotty

Attenborough
Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 10:54 - Jan 21 with 3458 viewsEJP

Mark Hamill.
Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 10:55 - Jan 21 with 3439 viewsHerbivore

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 10:53 - Jan 21 by Cotty

Attenborough

I was going to say the same. That's going to sting.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 10:55 - Jan 21 with 3437 viewsZx1988

Springsteen.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Login to get fewer ads

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 10:56 - Jan 21 with 3420 viewsMookamoo

Bob Mortimer

and Shaun Ryder is not going to make a ripe old age.
Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 10:57 - Jan 21 with 3413 viewsEJP

We watched The Last Bus over the Christmas period. Sentimental film, but Timothy Spall as always is brilliant.
Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 10:57 - Jan 21 with 3409 viewsWallingford_Boy

Michael McIntyre

RIP Sir Bobby

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:01 - Jan 21 with 3376 viewsBarcaBlue

The death of John Peel really hit me in a way I wasn't expecting so maybe you don't really know until the unfortunate happens. I was going to say Attenborough too though.
Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:08 - Jan 21 with 3336 viewsurbanblue

It'll be a sad day when Billy Connelly goes ...
Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:09 - Jan 21 with 3336 viewsHerbivore

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 10:56 - Jan 21 by Mookamoo

Bob Mortimer

and Shaun Ryder is not going to make a ripe old age.

Great shout on Bob Mortimer. I'll add Paul Whitehouse, mainly because Gone Fishing has made me adore both of them.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:11 - Jan 21 with 3302 viewsFtnfwest

Outside of footy and the Sir Bob era players in particular its probably Jimmy Page/Robert Plant although it would have been worse say 5 years ago when there was still a chance they might do Glastonbury as Eavis was trying to push them to do. Always thought that would have been a good way to bookend their career but not to be.. Saw them in 1996 which remains the best concert i've attended.
Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:13 - Jan 21 with 3293 viewsLevelTheLand

David Jason.

Lemmy passing a few years back was the one that got me though.
Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:14 - Jan 21 with 3288 viewsurbanblue

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:01 - Jan 21 by BarcaBlue

The death of John Peel really hit me in a way I wasn't expecting so maybe you don't really know until the unfortunate happens. I was going to say Attenborough too though.

Yes, John Peels' death was very sudden wasn't it. A great shock as you felt you knew him. A great loss to music.
Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:15 - Jan 21 with 3283 viewswaveneyblue

Rik Mayall hit me hard....

Despite his yellow connections I have a lot of affection for Stephen Fry.

David Jason for being brilliant on my TV.

I did love Rolf Harris - but that's been somewhat erm... tarnished
Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:26 - Jan 21 with 3215 viewsSitfcB

Robin Williams got me.

David Jason will get me.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:27 - Jan 21 with 3208 viewshype313

Miranda
Morrisey

Billy Connelly

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:34 - Jan 21 with 3180 viewsLord_Lucan

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:11 - Jan 21 by Ftnfwest

Outside of footy and the Sir Bob era players in particular its probably Jimmy Page/Robert Plant although it would have been worse say 5 years ago when there was still a chance they might do Glastonbury as Eavis was trying to push them to do. Always thought that would have been a good way to bookend their career but not to be.. Saw them in 1996 which remains the best concert i've attended.

I saw them play together at Knebworth in 1990, that day is undoubtably the best day of my life and to be quite honest I don't think I have ever fully recovered.

Line up!!

Status Quo
Tears for Fears
Cliff Richard & The Shadows
Dire Straits
Elton John
Eric Clapton
Phil Collins
Genesis
Robert Plant
Jimmy Page
Paul McCartney
Pink Floyd
[Post edited 21 Jan 2022 11:35]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:36 - Jan 21 with 3166 viewsjaykay

kevin beattie , paul mariner and sir bob

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:37 - Jan 21 with 3166 viewsGlasgowBlue

Bowie hit me hard.

I'd say Macca will be devastating.

My top 3 will be

Macca
Noddy Holder
David Jason

Edit: The top 3 who have gone:

Sir Bobby
Stan Lee (Although he did have a good innings)
David Bowie
[Post edited 21 Jan 2022 11:39]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:41 - Jan 21 with 3126 viewsBarcaBlue

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:34 - Jan 21 by Lord_Lucan

I saw them play together at Knebworth in 1990, that day is undoubtably the best day of my life and to be quite honest I don't think I have ever fully recovered.

Line up!!

Status Quo
Tears for Fears
Cliff Richard & The Shadows
Dire Straits
Elton John
Eric Clapton
Phil Collins
Genesis
Robert Plant
Jimmy Page
Paul McCartney
Pink Floyd
[Post edited 21 Jan 2022 11:35]

I know it's all personal tastes, opinions and whatever but that sounds like the line up from my festival hell, it's only missing a holographic Freddy Mercury.
Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:42 - Jan 21 with 3125 viewsjontysnut

Barry Cryer
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024