Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. 10:42 - Jan 21 with 4010 viewsLord_Lucan

What death of a so called celebrity which of course you don't and will never know cause you the most anguish.

I'm leaving Her Maj out of this as that's a given.

I'm struggling to separate a top three of Tom Hanks, Martin Clunes and Timothy Spall - although if I'm honest I haven't given this matter a great deal of thought.

I think I will go for Timothy Spall.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 10:45 - Jan 21 with 2088 viewsEwan_Oozami

Michael Palin...

"Cake or death?" "Eh, cake please." "Very well! Give him cake!" Pronouns: h to he
Poll: Does the Forum think little snoozes during the day are acceptable, or not?

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 10:46 - Jan 21 with 2073 viewsWeWereZombies

Patti Smith

Poll: Cook's matches

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 10:49 - Jan 21 with 2044 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Phil Ham.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 10:49 - Jan 21 with 2038 viewsChurchman

Joanna Lumley

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 10:53 - Jan 21 with 2026 viewsCotty

Attenborough

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 10:54 - Jan 21 with 2017 viewsEJP

Mark Hamill.

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 10:55 - Jan 21 with 1998 viewsHerbivore

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 10:53 - Jan 21 by Cotty

Attenborough

I was going to say the same. That's going to sting.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 10:55 - Jan 21 with 1996 viewsZx1988

Springsteen.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Login to get fewer ads

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 10:56 - Jan 21 with 1979 viewsMookamoo

Bob Mortimer

and Shaun Ryder is not going to make a ripe old age.

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 10:57 - Jan 21 with 1972 viewsEJP

We watched The Last Bus over the Christmas period. Sentimental film, but Timothy Spall as always is brilliant.

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 10:57 - Jan 21 with 1968 viewsWallingford_Boy

Michael McIntyre

RIP Sir Bobby

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:01 - Jan 21 with 1935 viewsBarcaBlue

The death of John Peel really hit me in a way I wasn't expecting so maybe you don't really know until the unfortunate happens. I was going to say Attenborough too though.

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:08 - Jan 21 with 1895 viewsurbanblue

It'll be a sad day when Billy Connelly goes ...

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:09 - Jan 21 with 1895 viewsHerbivore

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 10:56 - Jan 21 by Mookamoo

Bob Mortimer

and Shaun Ryder is not going to make a ripe old age.

Great shout on Bob Mortimer. I'll add Paul Whitehouse, mainly because Gone Fishing has made me adore both of them.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:11 - Jan 21 with 1861 viewsFtnfwest

Outside of footy and the Sir Bob era players in particular its probably Jimmy Page/Robert Plant although it would have been worse say 5 years ago when there was still a chance they might do Glastonbury as Eavis was trying to push them to do. Always thought that would have been a good way to bookend their career but not to be.. Saw them in 1996 which remains the best concert i've attended.

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:13 - Jan 21 with 1852 viewsLevelTheLand

David Jason.

Lemmy passing a few years back was the one that got me though.

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:14 - Jan 21 with 1847 viewsurbanblue

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:01 - Jan 21 by BarcaBlue

The death of John Peel really hit me in a way I wasn't expecting so maybe you don't really know until the unfortunate happens. I was going to say Attenborough too though.

Yes, John Peels' death was very sudden wasn't it. A great shock as you felt you knew him. A great loss to music.
Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:15 - Jan 21 with 1842 viewswaveneyblue

Rik Mayall hit me hard....

Despite his yellow connections I have a lot of affection for Stephen Fry.

David Jason for being brilliant on my TV.

I did love Rolf Harris - but that's been somewhat erm... tarnished

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:26 - Jan 21 with 1774 viewsSitfcB

Robin Williams got me.

David Jason will get me.

COYB
Poll: Is Lambert a professional in the game in your opinion?
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:27 - Jan 21 with 1767 viewshype313

Miranda
Morrisey

Billy Connelly

Poll: Prefered Kit Supplier

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:34 - Jan 21 with 1739 viewsLord_Lucan

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:11 - Jan 21 by Ftnfwest

Outside of footy and the Sir Bob era players in particular its probably Jimmy Page/Robert Plant although it would have been worse say 5 years ago when there was still a chance they might do Glastonbury as Eavis was trying to push them to do. Always thought that would have been a good way to bookend their career but not to be.. Saw them in 1996 which remains the best concert i've attended.

I saw them play together at Knebworth in 1990, that day is undoubtably the best day of my life and to be quite honest I don't think I have ever fully recovered.

Line up!!

Status Quo
Tears for Fears
Cliff Richard & The Shadows
Dire Straits
Elton John
Eric Clapton
Phil Collins
Genesis
Robert Plant
Jimmy Page
Paul McCartney
Pink Floyd
[Post edited 21 Jan 11:35]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:36 - Jan 21 with 1725 viewsjaykay

kevin beattie , paul mariner and sir bob

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:37 - Jan 21 with 1725 viewsGlasgowBlue

Bowie hit me hard.

I'd say Macca will be devastating.

My top 3 will be

Macca
Noddy Holder
David Jason

Edit: The top 3 who have gone:

Sir Bobby
Stan Lee (Although he did have a good innings)
David Bowie
[Post edited 21 Jan 11:39]

“A man must be excessively stupid, as well as uncharitable, who believes that there is no virtue but on his own side, and that there are not men as honest as himself who may differ from him in political principles”.
Poll: Who would you rather see relegated from the Premier League?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:41 - Jan 21 with 1685 viewsBarcaBlue

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:34 - Jan 21 by Lord_Lucan

I saw them play together at Knebworth in 1990, that day is undoubtably the best day of my life and to be quite honest I don't think I have ever fully recovered.

Line up!!

Status Quo
Tears for Fears
Cliff Richard & The Shadows
Dire Straits
Elton John
Eric Clapton
Phil Collins
Genesis
Robert Plant
Jimmy Page
Paul McCartney
Pink Floyd
[Post edited 21 Jan 11:35]

I know it's all personal tastes, opinions and whatever but that sounds like the line up from my festival hell, it's only missing a holographic Freddy Mercury.
Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:42 - Jan 21 with 1684 viewsjontysnut

Barry Cryer

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2022