Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. 10:42 - Jan 21 with 7658 viewsLord_Lucan

What death of a so called celebrity which of course you don't and will never know cause you the most anguish.

I'm leaving Her Maj out of this as that's a given.

I'm struggling to separate a top three of Tom Hanks, Martin Clunes and Timothy Spall - although if I'm honest I haven't given this matter a great deal of thought.

I think I will go for Timothy Spall.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 13:42 - Jan 21 with 1285 viewsbradforblues

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 10:54 - Jan 21 by EJP

Mark Hamill.

George Michael. Every song described a part of my life except the toilet thingy

you are my ipswich !!

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 13:44 - Jan 21 with 1284 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Of those living

Angus Young
Attenborough
Keef

Those already passed

Rik Mayall
Prince

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 13:48 - Jan 21 with 1257 viewsJ2BLUE

Rik Mayall. Gutted he will never come back to the Regent.

Rowan Atkinson
David Jason
Ade Edmondson

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 13:50 - Jan 21 with 1261 viewsFtnfwest

actually of those already gone - sir bob obviously but also Syd Barrett only because he lived locally to me when i was growing up and used to bump into him, chat etc without initially knowing who he was
Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 13:51 - Jan 21 with 1259 viewsLord_Lucan

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 13:44 - Jan 21 by BlueandTruesince82

Of those living

Angus Young
Attenborough
Keef

Those already passed

Rik Mayall
Prince

Oh my God - yeah, Keef, it's gonna be a bummer isn't it. Bowie and Syd were bad for me but Keef!!

A lot of people have mentioned Attenborough but he's had an amazing life and for some weird reason that I can't explain he's started to get on my tit a bit.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 14:14 - Jan 21 with 1238 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 13:50 - Jan 21 by Ftnfwest

actually of those already gone - sir bob obviously but also Syd Barrett only because he lived locally to me when i was growing up and used to bump into him, chat etc without initially knowing who he was

FFS Obviously Sir Bobby.

I guess he's been gone so long that you forget.

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 14:15 - Jan 21 with 1235 viewsunbelievablue

Phil Seymour Hoffman's death affected me considerably more than I would have imagined.

Can't imagine the Queen's death will register whatsoever.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2022 14:15]

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 14:26 - Jan 21 with 1211 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 13:44 - Jan 21 by BlueandTruesince82

Of those living

Angus Young
Attenborough
Keef

Those already passed

Rik Mayall
Prince

AngusYoung
Brian Johnson,
Cliff Williams,
Phil Rudd.

Greatest rock band in history and will be the definitive end.

Malcolm Young was the last time I was really gutted when a music hero of mine died.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Login to get fewer ads

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 14:28 - Jan 21 with 1207 viewsGuthrum

With me it tends to be musicians/members of bands, thinking "I'll never get to see them live now". Bowie was one I was a massive fan of in my youth, but contrived to miss the one decent chance I had of seeing him play.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 14:35 - Jan 21 with 1188 viewsLord_Lucan

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 14:28 - Jan 21 by Guthrum

With me it tends to be musicians/members of bands, thinking "I'll never get to see them live now". Bowie was one I was a massive fan of in my youth, but contrived to miss the one decent chance I had of seeing him play.

I saw him at MK Bowl and he was a bit uninterested and played a short set.

I also saw him by chance at RAH when he came on as a guest for Gilmour and sang Arnold Layne and Comfortably Numb. I believe it was to be his final live performance.

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 14:50 - Jan 21 with 1152 viewsFtnfwest

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 14:14 - Jan 21 by BlueandTruesince82

FFS Obviously Sir Bobby.

I guess he's been gone so long that you forget.

The italia 90 ITV documentary is enough to get me blubbing. It's true as well that the events you revere, particularly for us in footy, are those that are 'of your time' ie. when you're either growing up or maybe up to being in your 20's as i was then. Russia 2018 was a good effort even allowing for the easier side of the draw, but Italia 90 was epic...
Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 14:59 - Jan 21 with 1137 viewsazuremerlangus

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:37 - Jan 21 by GlasgowBlue

Bowie hit me hard.

I'd say Macca will be devastating.

My top 3 will be

Macca
Noddy Holder
David Jason

Edit: The top 3 who have gone:

Sir Bobby
Stan Lee (Although he did have a good innings)
David Bowie
[Post edited 21 Jan 2022 11:39]

Ditto for me - and nearly including your top 3 (Brian Wilson instead of Noddy Holder for me).

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 15:06 - Jan 21 with 1128 viewsLord_Lucan

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 14:50 - Jan 21 by Ftnfwest

The italia 90 ITV documentary is enough to get me blubbing. It's true as well that the events you revere, particularly for us in footy, are those that are 'of your time' ie. when you're either growing up or maybe up to being in your 20's as i was then. Russia 2018 was a good effort even allowing for the easier side of the draw, but Italia 90 was epic...

1990 was brilliant wasn't it.

To put it into perspective the first World Cup I can remember was 1974. I enjoyed Spain 82 but it was a weird one wasn't it, we should have done better. If Keegan had been fit we might have won it. 1986 was alright but again we flattered to deceive. Then we go on to 1998 and working mans football was dying by then.

1990 had it all.

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 15:34 - Jan 21 with 1100 viewsRadlett_blue

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 14:50 - Jan 21 by Ftnfwest

If you remove the fact that England got to the semi final (& were arguably unlucky not to have won the competition) Italia 90 was one of the worst World Cups in living memory. The lowest goals/game ratio in history, lots of negative & cynical play & a simply dreadful final. The formal of 6 groups of 4, from which 4 of the 6 3rd place reams would qualify, didn't help, but even once the k/o stages were mercifully reached, plenty of teams played for a draw & penalty kicks (still a problem).

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 15:47 - Jan 21 with 1088 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 14:26 - Jan 21 by StochesStotasBlewe

AngusYoung
Brian Johnson,
Cliff Williams,
Phil Rudd.

Greatest rock band in history and will be the definitive end.

Malcolm Young was the last time I was really gutted when a music hero of mine died.

Same until Meat went today.

Brian will be a big miss, I wasn't alive when Bon went so can't really count him.

Musicians, actors and comidens tend to be tbe ones who get me most.

Should Brian Blessed to the list of those still to pass as he is my spirit animal

And

Richard Pryor and The great Bill Hicks to the list of those sadly departed.

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 15:54 - Jan 21 with 1071 viewsMattinLondon

The deaths of Rob Collins and Jon Brookes of The Charlatans saddened me as did Keith Flints suicide.

When it happens a fair few deaths of musicians from the ‘Britpop’ era may well upset me a lot.
Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 17:08 - Jan 21 with 999 viewsmylittletown

Hezza - perhaps the only politician with whom I have agreed on almost everything. Should have been PM, the country would be a much better place now, if he had been.

Trevor Whymark - for me he epitomised the amazing journey we witnessed, from a provincial hick team, only just good enough to stay in the top division, to one of the best teams in Europe.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2022 17:09]
Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 21:07 - Jan 21 with 918 viewsPendejo

SBR

Mohammed Ali

Freddie

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 21:24 - Jan 21 with 901 viewsBlueForYou

Meatloaf was a bit of an icon. Countless long journeys home from work over the years were lightened by a Meatloaf collection. RIP & thanks for the great memories.
Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 22:21 - Jan 21 with 871 viewsLeistonBlue

Phil Hughes’s death was a painful one for me, although possibly more due to the way it happened rather than who the person was himself
[Post edited 21 Jan 2022 22:22]
Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 22:52 - Jan 21 with 838 viewsYallop

Cilla Black got me. So many links to my childhood
Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 23:05 - Jan 21 with 832 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 13:38 - Jan 21 by Dubai_Blue

The remaining Chuckle Brother

He came to my uni to DJ at the student union. Had some absolute bangers on. Everyone was pissed as you’d expect by about halfway through (I reckon he was about 11pm til 1am) and after he was finished, he stayed behind for the rest of the night and partied with everyone many hours later. Lovely fella.

In fact of all the special guests that came to do a set over the time I was there, he was the best.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 23:07 - Jan 21 with 830 viewsdickie

Bowie genuinely upset me, I'm I guess what you'd call a bit of a mega fan but I've had a bit of an association with him and my late mother - started listening to him big time in my early 20s after she died in 2007 and I ended up with her Bowie collection on vinyl.

Sadly I think we're approaching the point where the "greats" are gonna start dropping.
Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 23:15 - Jan 21 with 829 viewsMelford

Brian Wilson. I just love the bloke, always have. Saw him doing Sm!le live at the Regent of all places. Best gig I've ever been to

Dylan will be a massive one, he's my old man's number one by far. I fear for Dylan going because it will knock the stuffing out of my old man.

Sad truth is in the next 5-10 years everybody from that 60s/70s generation of music will all have snuffed it.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 11:59 - Jan 22 with 700 viewsRadlett_blue

Quite saddened by Meatloafs death - which got me thinking. on 13:51 - Jan 21 by Lord_Lucan

Oh my God - yeah, Keef, it's gonna be a bummer isn't it. Bowie and Syd were bad for me but Keef!!

A lot of people have mentioned Attenborough but he's had an amazing life and for some weird reason that I can't explain he's started to get on my tit a bit.

I will certainly miss David Attenborough. Watched a lengthy interview with him a couple of years ago & was so incredibly reasonable when talking about the environment, climate change etc, in contrast to the shrill hordes. Amazingly lucid for a guy in his 90s. I'd have loved him to actually have been in charge of environmental policy etc.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024