Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wow fair play to Boris 20:46 - Apr 9 with 19232 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I blame Marcus Evans….. on 10:21 - Apr 11 with 1449 viewsBloots

Wow fair play to Boris on 09:59 - Apr 11 by usm

I blame Maggie

…..Clegg out.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Wow fair play to Boris on 10:26 - Apr 11 with 1451 viewsHARRY10

Wow fair play to Boris on 09:47 - Apr 11 by GlasgowBlue

I see some countries continue to remain militarily neutral during this invasion

As somebody once said, “If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.”

If I was from one of those neutral countries who don’t send one piece of military equipment to defend a city that is being flattened such as Mariupol, I may consider keeping my gob shut whilst the United Kingdom continues to lead the way in providing Ukraine the lethal aid it so desperately needs.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2022 9:59]

You don't half talk some shte when trying to defend your 'betters'

Johnson is seen as a pariah by the US and the EU for his continuous support of Putin, and his acting as an apologist for Russia's annexation of Crimea in 2014.

Unlike the US and the EU the UK does not declare what aid has been given, but we do know the failure it has shown to accept Ukrainian refuges. Something that many in this country are rightly ashamed of.

That there have been so many other failures it is no wonder that Blubba feels safer in a photo op on Ukraine than in the UK.

Adding to those failures is (this morning) -

"The number of GPs in England has fallen every year since the government first pledged to increase the family doctor workforce by 5,000, a minister has admitted."

"A poll shows nearly half of teachers in England plan to quit within the next five years."

Just more evidence of gross mismanagement by the UKs most corrupt and incompetent PM since the days of rotten boroughs
Wow fair play to Boris on 11:07 - Apr 11 with 1395 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Wow fair play to Boris on 10:26 - Apr 11 by HARRY10

Johnson is seen as a pariah by the US and the EU for his continuous support of Putin, and his acting as an apologist for Russia's annexation of Crimea in 2014.

Unlike the US and the EU the UK does not declare what aid has been given, but we do know the failure it has shown to accept Ukrainian refuges. Something that many in this country are rightly ashamed of.

That there have been so many other failures it is no wonder that Blubba feels safer in a photo op on Ukraine than in the UK.

"The number of GPs in England has fallen every year since the government first pledged to increase the family doctor workforce by 5,000, a minister has admitted."

"A poll shows nearly half of teachers in England plan to quit within the next five years."

Just more evidence of gross mismanagement by the UKs most corrupt and incompetent PM since the days of rotten boroughs

Harry, you are the best parody account I’ve ever seen on here.

I “doff my cap” to you.
Wow fair play to Boris on 11:17 - Apr 11 with 1372 viewsGlasgowBlue

Wow fair play to Boris on 10:26 - Apr 11 by HARRY10

My dear Harry. You are a man with a fork living in a world of soup.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Wow fair play to Boris on 11:56 - Apr 11 with 1345 viewsDarth_Koont

Wow fair play to Boris on 10:19 - Apr 11 by GlasgowBlue

Dismissing this visit, the extra military aid that went with it and the positive words coming from Zelenskyy is simply talking over Ukrainians.

It’s quite possible to be clear and critical about Johnson’s awful failings as a domestic Prime Minister while applauding what he is doing for Ukraine. It’s certainly what Ukraine says it wants & needs.

Anything else is British exceptionalist assumption from you that you know better than those insignificant Ukrainians.

Edit. For context, I don’t think it was a publicity stunt when von der Leyen visited the day before, or any other western leader who has visited or continues to give Ukraine the help it needs.

This is a serious situation and should be above petty party politics.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2022 11:19]

To be fair, I don’t think the Ukrainians know that Johnson is a shape-shifting opportunist who lacks a moral core.

They are free to take what they want from his photo op and the show of solidarity. As are we.

Pronouns: He/Him

Wow fair play to Boris on 12:06 - Apr 11 with 1312 viewseireblue

Wow fair play to Boris on 09:47 - Apr 11 by GlasgowBlue

I see some countries continue to remain militarily neutral during this invasion

As somebody once said, “If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.”

If I was from one of those neutral countries who don’t send one piece of military equipment to defend a city that is being flattened such as Mariupol, I may consider keeping my gob shut whilst the United Kingdom continues to lead the way in providing Ukraine the lethal aid it so desperately needs.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2022 9:59]

Really GB, that’s where you want to go with this?

“ If I was from one of those neutral countries who don’t send one piece of military equipment to defend a city that is being flattened such as Mariupol, I may consider keeping my gob shut…”

So a person with a Swiss or Costa Rican heritage that plays tax in the UK needs to keep quiet, whilst someone from the US that pays tax is allowed to have an opinion?

Interesting.

I correct and question you on the contents of your post, which has nothing to do with military action.

And your response is, people from a certain ethnic background should consider keeping their gob shut.

Wow.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2022 12:11]
Wow fair play to Boris on 12:25 - Apr 11 with 1282 viewsfooters

Wow fair play to Boris on 12:06 - Apr 11 by eireblue

“ If I was from one of those neutral countries who don’t send one piece of military equipment to defend a city that is being flattened such as Mariupol, I may consider keeping my gob shut…”

So a person with a Swiss or Costa Rican heritage that plays tax in the UK needs to keep quiet, whilst someone from the US that pays tax is allowed to have an opinion?

Interesting.

I correct and question you on the contents of your post, which has nothing to do with military action.

And your response is, people from a certain ethnic background should consider keeping their gob shut.

Wow.

He wasn't on his high horse when his pal and 'board legend' blueas made two threads making light of sex trafficking Ukrainian women. In fact, he was on them having a good old chuckle.

So maybe he's another who should keep his gob shut and stop trying to claim moral authority on Ukraine.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Wow fair play to Boris on 12:26 - Apr 11 with 1274 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Wow fair play to Boris on 10:19 - Apr 11 by GlasgowBlue

Dismissing this visit, the extra military aid that went with it and the positive words coming from Zelenskyy is simply talking over Ukrainians.

It’s quite possible to be clear and critical about Johnson’s awful failings as a domestic Prime Minister while applauding what he is doing for Ukraine. It’s certainly what Ukraine says it wants & needs.

Anything else is British exceptionalist assumption from you that you know better than those insignificant Ukrainians.

Edit. For context, I don’t think it was a publicity stunt when von der Leyen visited the day before, or any other western leader who has visited or continues to give Ukraine the help it needs.

This is a serious situation and should be above petty party politics.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2022 11:19]

You can supply the best and most weaponry (and indeed take in more refugees/make it easy for them) without Boris wandering around in Kyiv getting filmed.

You've twisted this away from his photo op into the one thing we are doing well. You can have one without needing the other. It's nothing to do with me knowing more about what the Ukrainians need than they do, so that's another red herring you've lobbed in. They don't need Boris wandering around getting publicity.

I don't thing anyone's disputing the military aid had been a good thing, so you're basically making a straw man.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

Wow fair play to Boris on 12:38 - Apr 11 with 1232 viewsGlasgowBlue

Wow fair play to Boris on 12:06 - Apr 11 by eireblue

Interesting.

Wow.

People from certain ethnic backgrounds are entitled to comment on whatever subject they so wish. I gave a personal preference for how I would address such issues if I was commenting about another country whilst the country I resided in hadn’t sent so much as a pea shooter to help out the Ukrainians.

I was under the impression that you resided outside of the UK and if that is not the case then I apologise.

If you read the post again you will see that the way I worded it was taking the piss out of the patronising and condescending way you tell other posters how they should word a particular question or address a subject on their own posts.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2022 12:45]

Iron Lion Zion

Wow fair play to Boris on 12:54 - Apr 11 with 1188 viewsSwansea_Blue

Wow fair play to Boris on 12:26 - Apr 11 by The_Flashing_Smile

You can supply the best and most weaponry (and indeed take in more refugees/make it easy for them) without Boris wandering around in Kyiv getting filmed.

You've twisted this away from his photo op into the one thing we are doing well. You can have one without needing the other. It's nothing to do with me knowing more about what the Ukrainians need than they do, so that's another red herring you've lobbed in. They don't need Boris wandering around getting publicity.

I don't thing anyone's disputing the military aid had been a good thing, so you're basically making a straw man.

To be fair to Johnson, he’s not doing anything you wouldn’t expect a proper political leader to do with his visit. There’s nothing wrong with the visit per se. I don’t think it’s a stick to beat him with.

But yes of course I can understand why people would be cynical, as we all know he’s an opportunistic fraudster. He has plenty of form for meaningless photo ops, so there’s even odds (at best) on whether the rationale for his visit was self promotion or concern for Ukraine.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Wow fair play to Boris on 13:00 - Apr 11 with 1149 viewseireblue

Wow fair play to Boris on 12:38 - Apr 11 by GlasgowBlue

People from certain ethnic backgrounds are entitled to comment on whatever subject they so wish. I gave a personal preference for how I would address such issues if I was commenting about another country whilst the country I resided in hadn’t sent so much as a pea shooter to help out the Ukrainians.

I was under the impression that you resided outside of the UK and if that is not the case then I apologise.

If you read the post again you will see that the way I worded it was taking the piss out of the patronising and condescending way you tell other posters how they should word a particular question or address a subject on their own posts.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2022 12:45]

Oh you were just making a joke using my ethnicity, well that is now okay then isn’t it?

But thanks for the ‘splaining.

But let’s try your phrasing.

“If I was GB and had just made a comment based on someone’s ethnicity, I would be very embarrassed for myself, especially based on my posting history on correcting people that associate a group of people with a country”

Your memory must be fading, that isn’t the first time you have been wrong and been corrected about that assumption.

Telling anyone to keep their gob shut, isn’t an example of being patronising or condescending.

Very poor attempt to excuse that post GB.
Wow fair play to Boris on 13:27 - Apr 11 with 1040 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Wow fair play to Boris on 12:54 - Apr 11 by Swansea_Blue

To be fair to Johnson, he’s not doing anything you wouldn’t expect a proper political leader to do with his visit. There’s nothing wrong with the visit per se. I don’t think it’s a stick to beat him with.

But yes of course I can understand why people would be cynical, as we all know he’s an opportunistic fraudster. He has plenty of form for meaningless photo ops, so there’s even odds (at best) on whether the rationale for his visit was self promotion or concern for Ukraine.

Yeah totally. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, but he's certainly not totally doing it because of his concerns for Ukrainians. Even that 'member of the public' coming up to thank him looked incredibly staged.

I'm amazed, frankly, that people still fall for obvious 'kissing babies' type propaganda.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Wow fair play to Boris on 13:32 - Apr 11 with 1018 viewsJ2BLUE

Wow fair play to Boris on 13:00 - Apr 11 by eireblue

Oh you were just making a joke using my ethnicity, well that is now okay then isn’t it?

But thanks for the ‘splaining.

But let’s try your phrasing.

“If I was GB and had just made a comment based on someone’s ethnicity, I would be very embarrassed for myself, especially based on my posting history on correcting people that associate a group of people with a country”

Your memory must be fading, that isn’t the first time you have been wrong and been corrected about that assumption.

Telling anyone to keep their gob shut, isn’t an example of being patronising or condescending.

Very poor attempt to excuse that post GB.

Is there more context to this as that doesn't look at all what he has done.

Apologies if i'm missing something.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Wow fair play to Boris on 13:49 - Apr 11 with 1175 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’ll send you his PMs when he was stalking me offline. They’ll blow your mind.

Iron Lion Zion

Wow fair play to Boris on 13:51 - Apr 11 with 1165 viewsRyorry

Wow fair play to Boris on 11:17 - Apr 11 by GlasgowBlue

My dear Harry. You are a man with a fork living in a world of soup.

Well if that's the analogous route you want to take, you're a man with a wooden spoon living in a world of loaves of bread!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Wow fair play to Boris on 14:10 - Apr 11 with 1092 viewsPinewoodblue

I’m coming round to the view that too many are angry/annoyed that Boris Johnson will have improved his approval rating by going on walkabout in Kyiv.

He probably has but he did the right thing, if not for the right reason.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Wow fair play to Boris on 14:14 - Apr 11 with 1075 viewsGlasgowBlue

Wow fair play to Boris on 13:51 - Apr 11 by Ryorry

Well if that's the analogous route you want to take, you're a man with a wooden spoon living in a world of loaves of bread!

Hard or soft crust?

Iron Lion Zion

Wow fair play to Boris on 14:19 - Apr 11 with 1063 viewsJ2BLUE

Wow fair play to Boris on 14:10 - Apr 11 by Pinewoodblue

I’m coming round to the view that too many are angry/annoyed that Boris Johnson will have improved his approval rating by going on walkabout in Kyiv.

It's clearly partly photo op but it's also a massive message to the world that Ukraine might be taking a pounding but they are not giving up. For a major NATO leader to be walking around the city the Russians were going to take in a matter of days according to the pre war talk more than six weeks into the war is incredible.

As Darth said, people can take what they want from it. Some will refuse to ever acknowledge anything good. Some will refuse to believe it's anything other than our brave hero selflessly putting his life in danger.

Then there's the massive grey area in the middle where most people are.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Wow fair play to Boris on 14:23 - Apr 11 with 1058 viewsRyorry

Wow fair play to Boris on 10:17 - Apr 11 by Pinewoodblue

While Boris Johnson would never be my choice as PM it needs to be accepted that as far as military support is concerned he is doing the right thing.

It maybe that the architect of our policy is the defence minister but it needed the leader to recognize this.

I feel genuinely sorry for those so prejudiced in their judgement that they can’t recognize this.

Going to Kiev was the right thing to do, especially if it helps to push other Countries into being more supportive.

Now he needs to sort out the Home Office.

No-one's said that the UK (and Johnson's govt.) haven't been very helpful to Ukraine.

All we sceptics have said is that Johnson/his Govt.'s motive for helping them, particularly this photo-op visit wasn't in the main genuine altruism, but grasped as a chance to boost their domestic popularity & retain power.

How can we be so certain about this? Because the history of him/his govt. reveals that they've never once done anything genuinely altruistic, nor implemented any policy that genuinely benefited the majority of less well-off or less privileged people unless they were forced to (eg Marcus Rashford getting a U-turn out of them re free meals for kids').

But thread seems to be going to pot, so this post may disappear into the ether!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Wow fair play to Boris on 14:23 - Apr 11 with 1063 viewsGlasgowBlue

Wow fair play to Boris on 14:19 - Apr 11 by J2BLUE

It's clearly partly photo op but it's also a massive message to the world that Ukraine might be taking a pounding but they are not giving up. For a major NATO leader to be walking around the city the Russians were going to take in a matter of days according to the pre war talk more than six weeks into the war is incredible.

As Darth said, people can take what they want from it. Some will refuse to ever acknowledge anything good. Some will refuse to believe it's anything other than our brave hero selflessly putting his life in danger.

It’s also worth mentioning that he was the first NATO leader to visit countries bordering on Russia at the start of this and it didn’t make much of a splash in the papers.

Even a stopped clock can be right. Can’t see why some people don’t accept this.

Iron Lion Zion

Wow fair play to Boris on 14:24 - Apr 11 with 1052 viewsGlasgowBlue

Wow fair play to Boris on 14:23 - Apr 11 by Ryorry

No-one's said that the UK (and Johnson's govt.) haven't been very helpful to Ukraine.

All we sceptics have said is that Johnson/his Govt.'s motive for helping them, particularly this photo-op visit wasn't in the main genuine altruism, but grasped as a chance to boost their domestic popularity & retain power.

How can we be so certain about this? Because the history of him/his govt. reveals that they've never once done anything genuinely altruistic, nor implemented any policy that genuinely benefited the majority of less well-off or less privileged people unless they were forced to (eg Marcus Rashford getting a U-turn out of them re free meals for kids').

But thread seems to be going to pot, so this post may disappear into the ether!

The UK and US have been arming and training Ukraine soldiers since the annexation of Crimea in 2014. The current government’s actions are just an extension of that policy. There is no hidden motive.

Iron Lion Zion

Wow fair play to B on 14:29 - Apr 11 with 1032 viewsHARRY10

Wow fair play to Boris on 14:10 - Apr 11 by Pinewoodblue

Actually was NOT the right thing, given how it would have taken security staff off from other duties. He would have been better dragging his bloated carcass over to the Home Office and try to sort out the mess that is the Ukrainian refugee problem.

But that has never been within his ability. When COVID broke he was more interested in a photo op in Downing Street than attending a meeting to work out how to deal with a disease that has killed 170,000 people.

This incompetent failure is not going to change - not++ is a Putin apologist going to change either.

Blubba has blood on his hands, both home and abroad.
Wow fair play to Boris on 14:48 - Apr 11 with 946 viewseireblue

Wow fair play to Boris on 13:32 - Apr 11 by J2BLUE

Is there more context to this as that doesn't look at all what he has done.

Apologies if i'm missing something.

No more context than he implied a person from Ireland should shut their gob when commenting on his posts, because of some spurious link with how the Republic of Ireland is set up as a country, e.g. a Neutral state.

Apparently it was a joke.

But from GB, I guess there is some more context.
Consider if a poster were to say, “If I was a Jewish person I would shut my gob, because Isreal hadn’t sent weapons to the Ukraine.”

And lets not forget a principle that both GB and I have posted on a number of occasions, paraphrased for brevity,
“It is the subject of a comment, not the person making the comment, that gets to decide if it is abusive and/or racist”.

I will also pop in another point about racist comments.
Racist comments are not just about putting down people of different, race religion etc..
Racist comments are also those that suggest superiority of one group over another.

I am not entirely sure why GB responded to my post, that was about the accuracy and content of his post, by referencing the actions of the Republic of Ireland, and implying I should shut my gob.

His ‘splaining made it clear he thought it was fine.
Wow fair play to Boris on 14:53 - Apr 11 with 922 viewsDarth_Koont

Wow fair play to Boris on 14:19 - Apr 11 by J2BLUE

Anyone who thinks it’s “incredible” is a bit of a div.

Pronouns: He/Him

Wow fair play to Boris on 14:55 - Apr 11 with 911 viewsfooters

Wow fair play to Boris on 14:48 - Apr 11 by eireblue

No more context than he implied a person from Ireland should shut their gob when commenting on his posts, because of some spurious link with how the Republic of Ireland is set up as a country, e.g. a Neutral state.

Apparently it was a joke.

But from GB, I guess there is some more context.
Consider if a poster were to say, “If I was a Jewish person I would shut my gob, because Isreal hadn’t sent weapons to the Ukraine.”

And lets not forget a principle that both GB and I have posted on a number of occasions, paraphrased for brevity,
“It is the subject of a comment, not the person making the comment, that gets to decide if it is abusive and/or racist”.

I will also pop in another point about racist comments.
Racist comments are not just about putting down people of different, race religion etc..
Racist comments are also those that suggest superiority of one group over another.

I am not entirely sure why GB responded to my post, that was about the accuracy and content of his post, by referencing the actions of the Republic of Ireland, and implying I should shut my gob.

His ‘splaining made it clear he thought it was fine.

Some lovely pictures from God's Own County of Mayo of vans packed with humanitarian aid off to the front. It's almost as if you can send different sorts of aid to Ukraine and that bombs and bullets aren't the only necessary thing.

But I guess in this particular game of top trumps they are more important than food and clothes.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024