Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wow fair play to Boris 20:46 - Apr 9 with 19402 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Wow fair play to Boris on 16:52 - Apr 11 with 1853 viewsGlasgowBlue

Wow fair play to Boris on 16:42 - Apr 11 by footers

"Your ethnicity is relevant."

"I'll reply to EireBlue on this. No one else."

So if you're also of Irish heritage you can't criticise what you said? Why's that?

I edited relevant to irrelevant which was a genuine typoi. You can either believe or disbelieve that. But the sentence that then references Noggin would make no sense if I meant relevant, as him being British would be irrrelevant when discussing Norway's position on Ukraine.

And I've now seen what happened. I misspelled irrelevant, highlighted the spell check which went with relevant. I never bothered looking what it changed to

As I say, believe it or don't believe it.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2022 16:53]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Wow fair play to Boris on 17:02 - Apr 11 with 1803 viewsRyorry

Wow fair play to Boris on 14:55 - Apr 11 by footers

Some lovely pictures from God's Own County of Mayo of vans packed with humanitarian aid off to the front. It's almost as if you can send different sorts of aid to Ukraine and that bombs and bullets aren't the only necessary thing.

But I guess in this particular game of top trumps they are more important than food and clothes.

I don't usually listen to R4's 'The Food Programme', but really interesting edition from Sunday on food situation in Ukraine was repeated just now for anyone interested -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0016818

Ukraine has been v. clever in targeting supply lines, food supply to Russian troops was incredibly poor to start with, point made that an army cannot exist on cold potatoes & onions, so Russian troops took over supermarkets to feed themselves etc. Chicken processing factory with tons of frozen chick had been bombed to ground.

Also long-term impact on grain & fertilizer supplies to ROW (Ukraine usually a big producer of both).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Wow fair play to Boris on 17:11 - Apr 11 with 1801 viewsJ2BLUE

Wow fair play to Boris on 17:02 - Apr 11 by Ryorry

I don't usually listen to R4's 'The Food Programme', but really interesting edition from Sunday on food situation in Ukraine was repeated just now for anyone interested -

Ukraine has been v. clever in targeting supply lines, food supply to Russian troops was incredibly poor to start with, point made that an army cannot exist on cold potatoes & onions, so Russian troops took over supermarkets to feed themselves etc. Chicken processing factory with tons of frozen chick had been bombed to ground.

Also long-term impact on grain & fertilizer supplies to ROW (Ukraine usually a big producer of both).

Yes my nan sent me to Asda for four 72 packs of Weetabix just in case...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Wow fair play to Boris on 17:13 - Apr 11 with 1790 viewsDarth_Koont

Wow fair play to Boris on 15:27 - Apr 11 by J2BLUE

I meant more that a city expected to fall in 48 hours was now seeing the Ukrainian president hosing another leader.

You are so arrogant it's unreal. The worst poster on this site by a country mile.

Back at you, sweetcheeks.

I disagree with pretty much everything you say, but not least your tired, pedestrian worldview. Which I’m sure you’ll continue to share whenever the status quo is threatened.

Pronouns: He/Him

Wow fair play to Boris on 17:14 - Apr 11 with 1774 viewsfooters

Wow fair play to Boris on 17:02 - Apr 11 by Ryorry

Just think it's a bit petty for some to play top trumps with the type of aid given to Ukraine. Many good people from all over the world have been pulling together to help out in various ways.

Not sure how you'd cook a surface to air missile but they look big enough to feed a fair few. Although perhaps best served cold...

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Wow fair play to Boris on 17:21 - Apr 11 with 1722 viewsRyorry

Wow fair play to Boris on 17:14 - Apr 11 by footers

Just think it's a bit petty for some to play top trumps with the type of aid given to Ukraine. Many good people from all over the world have been pulling together to help out in various ways.

Not sure how you'd cook a surface to air missile but they look big enough to feed a fair few. Although perhaps best served cold...

Yes indeed, perspective needed 👍 🇺🇦

Wow fair play to Boris on 17:23 - Apr 11 with 1737 viewsJ2BLUE

Wow fair play to Boris on 17:13 - Apr 11 by Darth_Koont

Back at you, sweetcheeks.

I disagree with pretty much everything you say, but not least your tired, pedestrian worldview. Which I’m sure you’ll continue to share whenever the status quo is threatened.

This is the kind of stuff which makes no sense. My tired pedestrian worldview because I acknowledge Labour are the better option? There's many things I would like to change about this country and the world and we can get a little bit closer getting the Tories out. Of course it's better to have that ideological purity and just bitch on the internet rather than make things a little better though.

Truly impaired.

Wow fair play to Boris on 17:28 - Apr 11 with 1722 viewsDarth_Koont

Wow fair play to Boris on 17:23 - Apr 11 by J2BLUE

This is the kind of stuff which makes no sense. My tired pedestrian worldview because I acknowledge Labour are the better option? There's many things I would like to change about this country and the world and we can get a little bit closer getting the Tories out. Of course it's better to have that ideological purity and just bitch on the internet rather than make things a little better though.

Why are you talking about Labour now?

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Wow fair play to Boris on 18:11 - Apr 11 with 1626 viewsGlasgowBlue

Now I’m back home I’d like to address what I posted in a more measured way.

In hindsight It was a poor post. A bad post. A post made on the false assumption that EireBlue resides in the Republic of Ireland. An easy mistake to make as my usernmane is Glasgow_Blue, based on where I live and not my ethnicity. I am not from Glasgow.

I had assumed that Eire_Blue was an Irish man living in Ireland, constantly bemoaning the state of British politics whilst never venturing into the area of Irish politics.

That was wrong. As a man living in the UK , EireBlue has every right to comment on British politics and is not obliged to comment on Irish politics.

It was also poorly worded. Typed in haste on an iPhone. Some of the wording was open to an interpretation that I had not intended. My words “If I was from one of those neutral countries” was always intended to be read as “living in one of those countries”. As already explained, I believed EB to be a resident of ROI. I hadn’t realised that as somebody with Irish heritage living in the UK, those would could quite genuinely be misinterpreted.

Without meaning to do so, I othered EireBlue. The interpretation was an Irish man may be resident in the UK, may work and pay taxes in the UK but is not quite one of us and should not comment in the state of British politics.

As somebody who has spoken endlessly about the way the British Jewish community have been constantly othered by some people in our country, I am absolutely horrified by the idea that people may feel I othered another minority person in this country.

I then made the situation 100 times worse by saying that EireBlue’s ethnicity was “relevant”. Hand on heart, that was an absolute nightmare of a typo. I had typed “irrelevant” on my iPhone but spelled it incorrectly. The iPhone didn’t recognise the spelling and went with “relevant”. I can fully understand that after unintentionally othering EB, mistakingly posting that his ethnicity was relevant has made me come out of this thread in a way that I not only find embarrassing, but makes me look bigoted.

In all my time posting here, nearly twenty years, I have never made a racist or bigoted post. I have spoken out against those who have done so, no matter what part of the political divide they fall. That reputation is important to me.

And for that reason I’ve decided to take a brief leave of absence from TWTD, to better reflect on how my post has upset EireBlue. A genuine, articulate and intelligent poster who may frustrate the life out of me at times but somebody I would never intend to feel uncomfortable about their ethnicity.

Once again EB I am genuinely sorry for how the post came across.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Wow fair play to Boris on 18:18 - Apr 11 with 1629 viewsfooters

Wow fair play to Boris on 18:11 - Apr 11 by GlasgowBlue

Now I’m back home I’d like to address what I posted in a more measured way.

In hindsight It was a poor post. A bad post. A post made on the false assumption that EireBlue resides in the Republic of Ireland. An easy mistake to make as my usernmane is Glasgow_Blue, based on where I live and not my ethnicity. I am not from Glasgow.

I had assumed that Eire_Blue was an Irish man living in Ireland, constantly bemoaning the state of British politics whilst never venturing into the area of Irish politics.

That was wrong. As a man living in the UK , EireBlue has every right to comment on British politics and is not obliged to comment on Irish politics.

It was also poorly worded. Typed in haste on an iPhone. Some of the wording was open to an interpretation that I had not intended. My words “If I was from one of those neutral countries” was always intended to be read as “living in one of those countries”. As already explained, I believed EB to be a resident of ROI. I hadn’t realised that as somebody with Irish heritage living in the UK, those would could quite genuinely be misinterpreted.

Without meaning to do so, I othered EireBlue. The interpretation was an Irish man may be resident in the UK, may work and pay taxes in the UK but is not quite one of us and should not comment in the state of British politics.

As somebody who has spoken endlessly about the way the British Jewish community have been constantly othered by some people in our country, I am absolutely horrified by the idea that people may feel I othered another minority person in this country.

I then made the situation 100 times worse by saying that EireBlue’s ethnicity was “relevant”. Hand on heart, that was an absolute nightmare of a typo. I had typed “irrelevant” on my iPhone but spelled it incorrectly. The iPhone didn’t recognise the spelling and went with “relevant”. I can fully understand that after unintentionally othering EB, mistakingly posting that his ethnicity was relevant has made me come out of this thread in a way that I not only find embarrassing, but makes me look bigoted.

In all my time posting here, nearly twenty years, I have never made a racist or bigoted post. I have spoken out against those who have done so, no matter what part of the political divide they fall. That reputation is important to me.

And for that reason I’ve decided to take a brief leave of absence from TWTD, to better reflect on how my post has upset EireBlue. A genuine, articulate and intelligent poster who may frustrate the life out of me at times but somebody I would never intend to feel uncomfortable about their ethnicity.

Once again EB I am genuinely sorry for how the post came across.

Cool. See you tomorrow.

Wow fair play to Boris on 18:55 - Apr 11 with 1519 viewsHARRY10

"“We were warned about Vladimir Putin — about his intentions, his nature, his mindset — and, because it was profitable for us, we ignored those warnings and welcomed his friends and their money,” says Oliver Bullough in The Guardian.

Parliament’s intelligence and security committee wrote two years ago that our investigative agencies are “underfunded, our economy is awash with dirty money, and oligarchs have bought influence at the very top of our society”.

But “instead of learning from the report and implementing its proposals” Boris Johnson “delayed its publication until after the general election and then, when further delay became impossible, dismissed those who took its sober analysis seriously as ‘Islingtonian remainers’ seeking to delegitimise Brexit”. The prime minister’s “ludicrous claim” to the Commons that no government could “conceivably be doing more to root out corrupt Russian money” is an “inversion of reality”. Johnson must “fund our enforcement agencies as generously as oligarchs fund their lawyers”, he adds. And his colleagues must “step up and force him into action”.

"Parliament’s intelligence and security committee "..... gake news... baa baa.... what do they know... baa///baa.

That Blubba was stilling selling Russian Golden Visas right up to the war should tell you an awful lot about the control Putin had over our porcine PM, Over 6,000 crooked Russkis were allowed to settle in the UK. The more money the quicker the visa.

As with P Andrews odious ex wife it is clear that if you have the money there is always a rightie willing to make things easier, if the right palm is greased.

Worth a watch, what the Father said turns out to be lies, well I never

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg01b1eh4AM
Wow fair play to Boris on 19:56 - Apr 11 with 1423 viewswaveneyblue

Wow fair play to Boris on 18:55 - Apr 11 by HARRY10

"“We were warned about Vladimir Putin — about his intentions, his nature, his mindset — and, because it was profitable for us, we ignored those warnings and welcomed his friends and their money,” says Oliver Bullough in The Guardian.

Parliament’s intelligence and security committee wrote two years ago that our investigative agencies are “underfunded, our economy is awash with dirty money, and oligarchs have bought influence at the very top of our society”.

But “instead of learning from the report and implementing its proposals” Boris Johnson “delayed its publication until after the general election and then, when further delay became impossible, dismissed those who took its sober analysis seriously as ‘Islingtonian remainers’ seeking to delegitimise Brexit”. The prime minister’s “ludicrous claim” to the Commons that no government could “conceivably be doing more to root out corrupt Russian money” is an “inversion of reality”. Johnson must “fund our enforcement agencies as generously as oligarchs fund their lawyers”, he adds. And his colleagues must “step up and force him into action”.

"Parliament’s intelligence and security committee "..... gake news... baa baa.... what do they know... baa///baa.

That Blubba was stilling selling Russian Golden Visas right up to the war should tell you an awful lot about the control Putin had over our porcine PM, Over 6,000 crooked Russkis were allowed to settle in the UK. The more money the quicker the visa.

As with P Andrews odious ex wife it is clear that if you have the money there is always a rightie willing to make things easier, if the right palm is greased.

Worth a watch, what the Father said turns out to be lies, well I never

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg01b1eh4AM

HARRY10 - a challenge for you. Once, just once - try to comment without resorting to the pathetic name calling - "blubba" etc.

I'm sure you can do it. Take a breath and type.... Slowly
Wow fair play to Boris on 21:40 - Apr 11 with 1320 viewsSeablu

Wow fair play to Boris on 12:25 - Apr 11 by footers

He wasn't on his high horse when his pal and 'board legend' blueas made two threads making light of sex trafficking Ukrainian women. In fact, he was on them having a good old chuckle.

So maybe he's another who should keep his gob shut and stop trying to claim moral authority on Ukraine.

He’s like a spoilt child that has never learnt any boundaries or consequences.
Laughs along with the naughty kids, then runs to teacher when it’s his crayons that have been borrowed.
Trouble is, teacher indulges him otherwise he’s off whining to Ofsted.
Wow fair play to Boris on 22:25 - Apr 11 with 1271 viewsZapers

Wow fair play to Boris on 21:40 - Apr 11 by Seablu

He’s like a spoilt child that has never learnt any boundaries or consequences.
Laughs along with the naughty kids, then runs to teacher when it’s his crayons that have been borrowed.
Trouble is, teacher indulges him otherwise he’s off whining to Ofsted.

true to form,seablu jumps out of the woodwork.
Wow fair play to Boris on 22:28 - Apr 11 with 1268 viewsZapers

Wow fair play to Boris on 19:56 - Apr 11 by waveneyblue

HARRY10 - a challenge for you. Once, just once - try to comment without resorting to the pathetic name calling - "blubba" etc.

I'm sure you can do it. Take a breath and type.... Slowly

Wasting your time Waveny. Falls on fools ears.
Wow fair play to Boris on 23:54 - Apr 11 with 1179 viewsEireannach_gorm

I am an Irish person living in Ireland and would like to point out that as a neutral country Ireland has no mandate to give arms to Ukranine. We have however contributed to non lethal war assistance.
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/ireland-to-fund-provision-of-

As a country which has never invaded another and has plenty of experience of oppression, being neutral is very important to the nation. I personally believe we should bolster our armed forces to allow the state to effectively defend ourselves against attack and not be nomally neutral. As part of UN peacekeeping forces, Ireland has suffered fatalities so we dont need to shut our gob regarding war prevention.

That being said, because of the conflict in Ukraine, there is a spotlight being put on Irish neutrality in Ireland.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60660563

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/ukraine-crisis-creates-urgency-in-debate-on-

Finally I will point out two different responsed to Ukranians fleeing a war zone.

UK
https://www.bbc.com/news/60555166

Ireland
https://nascireland.org/know-your-rights/ukrainians-ireland-information-note

While I think the UK supplying anti tank / anti aircraft equipment to Ukraine has been great and hugely benefical to their ability to defend themselves there was no need for Boris to do his photo opp.
Wow fair play to Boris on 23:59 - Apr 11 with 1163 viewsSeablu

Wow fair play to Boris on 22:25 - Apr 11 by Zapers

true to form,seablu jumps out of the woodwork.

You’re very knowledgable on forum protocol for a newbie, sweetcheeks….
Wow fair play to Boris on 00:09 - Apr 12 with 1147 viewsRyorry

Wow fair play to Boris on 23:54 - Apr 11 by Eireannach_gorm

I am an Irish person living in Ireland and would like to point out that as a neutral country Ireland has no mandate to give arms to Ukranine. We have however contributed to non lethal war assistance.
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/ireland-to-fund-provision-of-

As a country which has never invaded another and has plenty of experience of oppression, being neutral is very important to the nation. I personally believe we should bolster our armed forces to allow the state to effectively defend ourselves against attack and not be nomally neutral. As part of UN peacekeeping forces, Ireland has suffered fatalities so we dont need to shut our gob regarding war prevention.

That being said, because of the conflict in Ukraine, there is a spotlight being put on Irish neutrality in Ireland.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60660563

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/ukraine-crisis-creates-urgency-in-debate-on-

Finally I will point out two different responsed to Ukranians fleeing a war zone.

UK
https://www.bbc.com/news/60555166

Ireland
https://nascireland.org/know-your-rights/ukrainians-ireland-information-note

While I think the UK supplying anti tank / anti aircraft equipment to Ukraine has been great and hugely benefical to their ability to defend themselves there was no need for Boris to do his photo opp.

I heard one Tory MP attempt to defend the UK's current policy on Ukranian refugees by saying that they'd be given Universal Credit payments, access to NHS treatment & education etc.

Err, not if they're not here they won't be

As for the photo opp, given the number of cartoons I've seen in papers of many countries all around the world portraying our PM as a bumbling buffoon, I know who's going to get the most boost out of appearing alongside the other leader, and it ain't Zelenksy.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2022 0:11]

Wow fair play to Boris on 19:44 - Apr 12 with 916 viewsSwansea_Blue

If this reporting is true, it suggests any concerns he has for Ukraine are less important than concerns for himself. That would be in keeping with his character, even if we can’t be 100% sure it was mainly a photo op and political stunt in response to von der Leyen‘s earlier visit.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Wow fair play to Boris on 19:49 - Apr 12 with 894 viewsEwan_Oozami

Wow fair play to Boris on 15:47 - Apr 10 by witchdoctor

rabid Tory haters would never give the nod to them even if they did do something that was universally accepted as good…I had always been a Labour voter until the likes of J C and momentum hijacked the party…and no..never ever voted tory either…the odd vote for the green party is the extent of my politics of late..I’d love to start supporting the Labour party again but I’m afraid the likes of Harry has put me off the notion..lots of others I know who used to vote labour without a second thought feel the same..I expect lots of downvotes for posting this but hey ho..it’s how I feel.. my first and last post on the matter.

Are you saying that you couldn't vote Labour because of the content HARRY10 posts on here?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Wow fair play to Boris on 19:54 - Apr 12 with 877 viewsfooters

Wow fair play to Boris on 19:44 - Apr 12 by Swansea_Blue

If this reporting is true, it suggests any concerns he has for Ukraine are less important than concerns for himself. That would be in keeping with his character, even if we can’t be 100% sure it was mainly a photo op and political stunt in response to von der Leyen‘s earlier visit.

That is shocking and appalling. Etc.

Especially from Ukraine's biggest ally, apparently.

Who would think such a thing possible?

Wow fair play to Boris on 19:55 - Apr 12 with 860 viewsJ2BLUE

Wow fair play to Boris on 19:44 - Apr 12 by Swansea_Blue

The thing with that is he is speculating there. I don't think that would stop the government acting because they would just spin it that Starmer was more concerned with power than Ukraine. The right wing media would lap it up. So although that tweet is likely to be popular and cause a lot of outrage there's every chance it's complete BS.

Truly impaired.

Wow fair play to Boris on 19:56 - Apr 12 with 851 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Wow fair play to Boris on 19:54 - Apr 12 by footers

That is shocking and appalling. Etc.

Especially from Ukraine's biggest ally, apparently.

Who would think such a thing possible?

Indeed it is disgraceful of those who would attempt to hold our Government to account for breaking the law. How dare they hamper the Ukrainian war effort in this way! Disgraceful woke lefties!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Wow fair play to Boris on 19:59 - Apr 12 with 838 viewslowhouseblue

Wow fair play to Boris on 19:55 - Apr 12 by J2BLUE

The thing with that is he is speculating there. I don't think that would stop the government acting because they would just spin it that Starmer was more concerned with power than Ukraine. The right wing media would lap it up. So although that tweet is likely to be popular and cause a lot of outrage there's every chance it's complete BS.

we also seem to be some little way off having the sort of evidence that would make a debate about chemical weapons use meaningful. unless there is real evidence of use a parliamentary debate would be premature. the issues at stake are not minor.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Wow fair play to Boris on 20:01 - Apr 12 with 835 viewsfooters

Wow fair play to Boris on 19:59 - Apr 12 by lowhouseblue

we also seem to be some little way off having the sort of evidence that would make a debate about chemical weapons use meaningful. unless there is real evidence of use a parliamentary debate would be premature. the issues at stake are not minor.

Here he is. Right on time!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024