Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby takeover collapsing 08:23 - Jun 8 with 7514 viewsle2blue

Sounds like the guy doesn't have the funds to conclude the deal and it will collapse today.
Derby takeover collapsing on 08:25 - Jun 8 with 3889 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Mike Ashley will be in double quick.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Derby takeover collapsing on 08:27 - Jun 8 with 3887 viewsDanTheMan

I expect Mike Ashley might swoop in now to save them.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Derby takeover collapsing on 08:32 - Jun 8 with 3812 viewsPinewoodblue

Derby takeover collapsing on 08:27 - Jun 8 by DanTheMan

I expect Mike Ashley might swoop in now to save them.

Points deduction or end of the line….bye bye Derby.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Derby takeover collapsing on 08:33 - Jun 8 with 3803 viewsChurchman

Sounds like a right bunch of chancers.

What amuses me is that the football authorities set these rules and deadlines but when it comes down to it, there are no rules and deadlines. Just a load of suits blowing hot air.

Derby will be ok, whether this American, Ashley or Putin buy them. They are far too important a club to go out of business. I hope Evans buys them so the last of his 14 year stain here can be wiped away.
Derby takeover collapsing on 08:35 - Jun 8 with 3784 viewsButterbing

I feel so sorry for those fans now. Admittedly the club have been a disgrace for years but all those responsible are gone or on the way out. The fans are left with this mess, not the one’s responsible. And, they barely got anything decent out of the years of overspending and rule breaking.
Derby takeover collapsing on 08:44 - Jun 8 with 3712 viewsElderGrizzly

He’s a Michael Knighton for the 21st century
Derby takeover collapsing on 08:46 - Jun 8 with 3696 viewsOwainG1992

Feel sorry for the fans but not the club.
They've attempted to be the bully boys of the championship.
Outpaying most.
Silly waged have caught up to them.
Desperate times called, New owner needed.
Enter...Marcus Evans to save the ship.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Derby takeover collapsing on 08:47 - Jun 8 with 3689 viewsGuthrum

Derby takeover collapsing on 08:33 - Jun 8 by Churchman

What amuses me is that the football authorities set these rules and deadlines but when it comes down to it, there are no rules and deadlines. Just a load of suits blowing hot air.

Derby will be ok, whether this American, Ashley or Putin buy them. They are far too important a club to go out of business. I hope Evans buys them so the last of his 14 year stain here can be wiped away.

It's very reminiscent of the Portsmouth saga. A string of shady "businessmen" who turned out to have no money, if they existed at all*.

* There was one bloke whom nobody seemed sure was actually real.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Derby takeover collapsing on 08:50 - Jun 8 with 3608 viewsdavblue

Derby takeover collapsing on 08:47 - Jun 8 by Guthrum

It's very reminiscent of the Portsmouth saga. A string of shady "businessmen" who turned out to have no money, if they existed at all*.

If you don't have the money, why would you bother then?

I don't get it, it would be like me trying to buy a 5 million pound house.
Derby takeover collapsing on 08:53 - Jun 8 with 3588 viewsElderGrizzly

Derby takeover collapsing on 08:33 - Jun 8 by Churchman

He was apparently pushing the debt repayment 3 years down the line too. All very dodgy

Derby takeover collapsing on 08:57 - Jun 8 with 3523 viewsITFC_Forever

For the good of football, a "big" club needs to go bust... a disaster for the fans of that club though.

Derby could be the sacrificial rams.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Derby takeover collapsing on 08:58 - Jun 8 with 3515 viewsMetal_Hacker

Derby takeover collapsing on 08:57 - Jun 8 by ITFC_Forever

For the good of football, a "big" club needs to go bust... a disaster for the fans of that club though.

Imagine the ramifications though

Poll: If it were one or the other

Derby takeover collapsing on 09:04 - Jun 8 with 3447 viewsGuthrum

Derby takeover collapsing on 08:50 - Jun 8 by davblue

If you don't have the money, why would you bother then?

I don't get it, it would be like me trying to buy a 5 million pound house.

But if you can successfully pretend to have £5m for long enough, you get a nice house. Which can then be mortgaged to give you real money to spend. Plus the status and seeming respectability to acquire more stuff.

If it sounds like a confidence trick, that's because it is.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Derby takeover collapsing on 09:10 - Jun 8 with 3372 viewsJ2BLUE

Hopefully their takeover does not go through before the season starts.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Derby takeover collapsing on 09:15 - Jun 8 with 3296 viewsle2blue

Derby takeover collapsing on 09:04 - Jun 8 by Guthrum

But if you can successfully pretend to have £5m for long enough, you get a nice house. Which can then be mortgaged to give you real money to spend. Plus the status and seeming respectability to acquire more stuff.

Agreed...he's even convinced someone else to buy the house for him to live in (the stadium) and will then be renting it....so he is actually only buying the business and is buying it with massive debts which he's convinced the administrator to push the CVA payments out by 3 years.
Derby takeover collapsing on 09:16 - Jun 8 with 3279 viewsKeno

The very essence of kite flying

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Derby takeover collapsing on 09:17 - Jun 8 with 3276 viewsChurchman

Derby takeover collapsing on 08:47 - Jun 8 by Guthrum

I didn’t know about the invisible bloke. That’s tremendous 👍🏻. I presume ‘Arry got an envelope or two though.

It does strike me as absurd that any Tom Dick or Harry can basically buy and bankrupt an institution and often an important part of the community with little control and send it down the pan and nobody bats an eyelid.

I’m thinking here of Burnley. In the PL, £40m in the bank, solvent. In the blink of an eye they’re bought out by people raising debt against the club itself and with relegation are now in financial trouble. Who sanctioned that?
Derby takeover collapsing on 09:30 - Jun 8 with 3134 viewsEwan_Oozami

It's how most of the capitalist world economy works! :-)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Derby takeover collapsing on 09:46 - Jun 8 with 3023 viewsPlums

Isn’t that how the Glazers bought United?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Derby takeover collapsing on 09:57 - Jun 8 with 2949 viewsMattinLondon

Derby takeover collapsing on 08:57 - Jun 8 by ITFC_Forever

You really think that if Derby go bust other clubs will think to themselves ‘oh dear, we better be more financially prudent’.

The only way things will change in terms of debt culture within football is if all of the major banks call in the loans, limits overdrafts of the major PL clubs. But that won’t happen.
Derby takeover collapsing on 10:10 - Jun 8 with 2862 viewsITFC_Forever

Derby takeover collapsing on 09:57 - Jun 8 by MattinLondon

You really think that if Derby go bust other clubs will think to themselves ‘oh dear, we better be more financially prudent’.

The only way things will change in terms of debt culture within football is if all of the major banks call in the loans, limits overdrafts of the major PL clubs. But that won’t happen.

And, although I can't see it happening, you would think the Prem would realise they can't keep almost of all of their mega-bucks to themselves.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Derby takeover collapsing on 10:13 - Jun 8 with 2848 viewsitfc_bucks

I'm really unbothered by this.

I don't *want* a club to go to the wall, but think one probably ought to and given how obnoxious some of their fans were while they were trying to buy their way out of the Championship, I really struggle to muster huge amounts of empathy.
Derby takeover collapsing on 10:17 - Jun 8 with 2817 viewsMattinLondon

Derby takeover collapsing on 10:10 - Jun 8 by ITFC_Forever

And, although I can't see it happening, you would think the Prem would realise they can't keep almost of all of their mega-bucks to themselves.

Why would they think that? From their point of view the PL earns the money so why share it with tinpot clubs in the EFL? If clubs outside the top bubble go bust then in their minds it’ll mean more people will support a PL club.
Derby takeover collapsing on 10:21 - Jun 8 with 2785 viewsKieran_Knows

I'm so far out of the loop of this, but has Mel Morris just simply walked away because he can't be bothered with it anymore ... or has he run out of funds to run them anymore?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Derby takeover collapsing on 10:22 - Jun 8 with 2775 viewswkj

Derby takeover collapsing on 10:13 - Jun 8 by itfc_bucks

I'm really unbothered by this.

I don't *want* a club to go to the wall, but think one probably ought to and given how obnoxious some of their fans were while they were trying to buy their way out of the Championship, I really struggle to muster huge amounts of empathy.

Derby's chancing has been detrimental to many clubs, even our own - this is why I am bothered and believe enough time has passed for the club to wind up. Mel Morris' carnival of stupidity has directly impacted Wycombe and Middlesborough, as well we know. However, Derby hoarded a shed load of talent under Mel Morris, including scuppering a few of our potential transfers by offering fees and wages to players that he knew his club would be unable to sustain.

Derby's frenzy for promotion has a chain effect of other teams feeling pressured to spend big and wreckless to roll the dice of the PL pot of gold. The DCFC fans were being strung along just as bad, but time is up as far as I am concerned. Derby County should be wound up and made to start again, it's as simple as that as far as I am concerned.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2022 10:30]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024