Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on 11:09 - Oct 11 with 3342 viewsOwainG1992

Mine was Lee Trundle.

Truthfully did his best work in league one/two but I always wanted to see him in a town Shirt.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 11:12 - Oct 11 with 2016 viewsITFC_Forever

Kevin Phillips.

Sheepy and Tony Vaughan saw that one not happen though.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 11:12 - Oct 11 with 2013 viewsBlueBlood90

I always thought it was a shame we never got Billy Sharp when it was looking like a possibility.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 11:16 - Oct 11 with 1995 viewsMatt_Netherlands

There’s a few:

Charlie Austin when at Swindon
David Nugent when at Bury
Billy Sharp when at Scunthorpe

Always felt like all three of these were destined to play for us at some point.
Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 11:18 - Oct 11 with 1983 viewsRobTheMonk

Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 11:16 - Oct 11 by Matt_Netherlands

There’s a few:

Charlie Austin when at Swindon
David Nugent when at Bury
Billy Sharp when at Scunthorpe

Always felt like all three of these were destined to play for us at some point.

Austin was the first one that came to mind. He was a really good Championship striker back then and had a decent Premier League career.
Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 11:21 - Oct 11 with 1968 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 11:18 - Oct 11 by RobTheMonk

Austin was the first one that came to mind. He was a really good Championship striker back then and had a decent Premier League career.

Just seen he’s playing over in Brisbane now - not a bad way to see out his career.

Could probably have done a job in league one at 33 though.
Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 11:25 - Oct 11 with 1951 viewsJ2BLUE

Chris Burke

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 11:29 - Oct 11 with 1929 viewshomer_123

At the time, when in the Prem, we were linked with the Belgium central midfielder from Anderlecht(?).

Over the years, there have been many though.

I posted about Lee Trundle a while back!

Lee Trundle...no idea how accurate his Wiki his but by homer_123 15 Aug 2022 18:47
his last few seasons have been productive...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Trundle

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 11:30 - Oct 11 with 1918 viewshype313

Alan Mahon
Sixto Peralta
Claus Jensen

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 11:31 - Oct 11 with 1903 viewsMattinLondon

Eiður Guðjohnsen is one of the best players that I’ve seen play in the second tier. I think in our second season in the PL (in the summer) we were linked with him. Either his Chelsea career didn’t start that great or he wanted to leave Bolton - but I really wanted him to come here. The asking price was a lot but not completely over-the-top.
Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 11:31 - Oct 11 with 1898 viewsSuperblue95

Apart from those mentioned, Neil Danns and Albert Adomah were a couple who always seemed decent and playing at clubs around our standard who I thought mind wind up with us.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 11:33 - Oct 11 with 1887 viewshomer_123

Surely the answer is:

Giovanni dos Santos

Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 11:35 - Oct 11 with 1861 viewsFrimleyBlue

Bannan.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 11:42 - Oct 11 with 1835 viewsFBI

Years ago, Ryan Harley at Exeter. Great player but didn't push on when he moved to Swansea

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 11:45 - Oct 11 with 1828 viewsBlueschev

Max Power, he's the player with the name you'd love to touch...but you mustn't touch.
Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 11:48 - Oct 11 with 1819 viewsGeoffSentence

Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 11:33 - Oct 11 by homer_123

Surely the answer is:

Giovanni dos Santos

No, the answer is Batistuta

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

He got it off a hairdryer. (n/t) on 11:49 - Oct 11 with 1784 viewsBloots

Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 11:45 - Oct 11 by Blueschev

Max Power, he's the player with the name you'd love to touch...but you mustn't touch.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 11:50 - Oct 11 with 1766 viewsEpiphone

Ruud Gullit,if you believe the rumours.
Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 11:59 - Oct 11 with 1686 viewshomer_123

Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 11:48 - Oct 11 by GeoffSentence

No, the answer is Batistuta

Well, yes, Gullit, Gascogine?

Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 12:05 - Oct 11 with 1635 viewsWeWereZombies

Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 11:59 - Oct 11 by homer_123

Well, yes, Gullit, Gascogine?

I wonder how many more pages this thread has to go before anyone mentions Hassan Kachloul...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 12:10 - Oct 11 with 1622 viewsGarv

There was a black left footed striker who played for Forest, among others, that I always liked the look of. He was massive and a bit of a battering ram, probably 2008-09 sort of era but he was around for a while. Can't remember his name for the life of me.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 12:10 - Oct 11 with 1612 viewsIllinoisblue

Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 11:12 - Oct 11 by ITFC_Forever

Kevin Phillips.

Sheepy and Tony Vaughan saw that one not happen though.

Wait, what did Tony Vaughn have to do with it?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 12:13 - Oct 11 with 1593 viewsWeWereZombies

Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 12:10 - Oct 11 by Garv

There was a black left footed striker who played for Forest, among others, that I always liked the look of. He was massive and a bit of a battering ram, probably 2008-09 sort of era but he was around for a while. Can't remember his name for the life of me.

Marlon Harewood ?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 12:20 - Oct 11 with 1561 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Lallana and Lambert. It was so obvious they were going to the top and we looked very closely at both.
Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 12:23 - Oct 11 with 1548 viewsHipsterectomy

Andy Reid and Matthew Etherington

Ricardo Fuller was one I was desperate for us to sign permanently, but our finances at the time made it impossible. He then went to Stoke, got them promoted and ended up playing 100+ games in the Prem with them

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 12:24 - Oct 11 with 1543 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

Who's that player you always wanted for whatever reason for us to take a punt on on 12:10 - Oct 11 by Garv

Dele Adebola?

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024