Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales 21:32 - Nov 21 with 5993 viewsrich1972

As a proud Welshman and a Ipswich fan I really find it amusing whati is being said about the commentary tonight ,you really need to take a look at muppets like Rio Ferdinand who already thinks England have won the World Cup, we’re a small nation punching way above our weight,we will come away from the World Cup as winners whatever,England on the other hand ,well you all know it always ends up 🙈
[Post edited 21 Nov 2022 22:36]
Wales on 21:35 - Nov 21 with 4081 viewsGeoffSentence

Hmmmmmm..........I don't think you find it amusing really. I'm getting the impression that you are finding it rather irksome.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Wales on 21:36 - Nov 21 with 4074 viewsclive_baker

Euros finalists and World Cup semi finalists mate, wouldn’t be so quick to knock England under Southgate.

Thought Wales were dreadful in the first half but improved when they went more direct to Moore, deserved the point in the end. Look forward to seeing you put 6 past Iran.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Wales on 21:55 - Nov 21 with 3941 viewsCoastalblue

Iam actually half Welsh, so while I support England due to spending my entire life living here and being English to all intents and purposes I do very much want to see wales do well.

However, regardless of home nation, sports coverage is generally fairly cringe worthy, no idea whther it's any different anywhere else in the world but suspect not in many places.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Wales on 21:59 - Nov 21 with 3914 viewsFtnfwest

Don’t forget how racist and xenophobic we are too
Wales on 22:04 - Nov 21 with 3876 viewsMattinLondon

Wales on 21:55 - Nov 21 by Coastalblue

Iam actually half Welsh, so while I support England due to spending my entire life living here and being English to all intents and purposes I do very much want to see wales do well.

However, regardless of home nation, sports coverage is generally fairly cringe worthy, no idea whther it's any different anywhere else in the world but suspect not in many places.

If you mean cringe as in totally biased with pundits and commentators getting carried away - yeah, I think most countries will be the same.
Wales on 22:51 - Nov 21 with 3766 viewsrich1972

I really think English players are under so much pressure to perform,Wales have a free hit as nothing is expected of them, the way the press and media treat harry maguire for example is shocking,so much is expected of them that the joy of representing your country is taken away,wales players just seem to really enjoy playing. Good luck you’ll probably smash us Tuesday 🙈
Wales on 01:16 - Nov 22 with 3637 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

You guys are obsessed with the English!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Wales on 08:44 - Nov 22 with 3357 viewsbrazil1981

🤔 rather than finding it ‘amusing’, I think you take what the likes of Rio Ferdinand say much to seriously. Think of how you as an Ipswich fan feel about Colchester! Most of us England fans aren’t really that bothered about Wales tbh, but acknowledge they’ve done well to get to the WC as a small nation…and most England fans genuinely don’t think we’ll win the World Cup I can assure you!!!!
[Post edited 22 Nov 2022 8:49]
Login to get fewer ads

Wales on 08:57 - Nov 22 with 3312 viewsgiant_stow

As a half Welsh, you had me until the last line.

Still, Welsh footy has been punching above its weight for ages which is great and now the English are doing the same.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Wales on 09:08 - Nov 22 with 3265 viewsGeoffSentence

Wales on 08:57 - Nov 22 by giant_stow

As a half Welsh, you had me until the last line.

Still, Welsh footy has been punching above its weight for ages which is great and now the English are doing the same.

Half budgie, half Welsh.

You have my sympathy.

Wales on 09:11 - Nov 22 with 3254 viewsgiant_stow

Wales on 09:08 - Nov 22 by GeoffSentence

Half budgie, half Welsh.

You have my sympathy.

Thank Geoff, we all have our crosses to bare, but at least I have no Scottish blood so small mercies.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Wales on 10:07 - Nov 22 with 3165 viewsMeadowlark

I think all commentary on all sport is always cringeworthy and don't understand why in this day and age we can't have a facility to mute it and have crowd noise only?
You don't get commentary if you go to a live match, unless you're one of those Muppets in the snooker audience of course.
Wales on 10:08 - Nov 22 with 3165 viewsWeWereZombies

Wales on 09:11 - Nov 22 by giant_stow

Thank Geoff, we all have our crosses to bare, but at least I have no Scottish blood so small mercies.

Sorry it is 'bear', not 'bare' but we will forgive you as it must be difficult typing with those (six) wee talons...

However, as someone who is, according to AncestryDNA (whom I do not trust one bit) between 4% and 29% Scottish all I can say is that I have enough latitude to be generous in wishing Robert Fleck, David Marshall, Malky Mackay and Chris Woods well in the later stages of their careers.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Wales on 10:13 - Nov 22 with 3139 viewsHarlestonblue

I wish Wales well. Two of our best players are Welsh: Wes and Lee. Although its a long way away ITFC has a great many Welsh fans. It's a beautiful country with lovely people so all the best to you guys.
Wales on 10:27 - Nov 22 with 3108 viewsStewart27

Can you stop this please.

Most, if not all England fans have never been confident that we’ll win the World Cup. It’s just something that fans of other nations make up. Like yourself.

John Hartson put in one of the most embarrassing commentary displays I’ve ever heard last night. If I was a Welsh person I’d be cringing.

The small nation narrative is also really tiresome.
Wales on 11:08 - Nov 22 with 3046 viewsBlueStreak

Wales on 10:27 - Nov 22 by Stewart27

Most, if not all England fans have never been confident that we’ll win the World Cup. It’s just something that fans of other nations make up. Like yourself.

John Hartson put in one of the most embarrassing commentary displays I’ve ever heard last night. If I was a Welsh person I’d be cringing.

Couldn't agree more. All you see on twitter is Wales fans saying that the English have already won the WC and are too arrogant as usual. Are we? Haven't seen anyone say we are going to do well here.

The hatred the welsh have for the english is odd in football terms, it really is like Ipswich and Colchester with the little brother way. All very odd. Plus the best player Wales has ever had can't even get into the starting line up for an American team. He was dreadful last night, great trophy cabinet but a fraud of a footballer.
Wales on 11:12 - Nov 22 with 3029 viewstractordownsouth

The stuff about English arrogance is at least a decade out of date. The mood swung dramatically the other way after the dismal showing at 2010. Euro 2012 & World Cup 2018 in particular the expectation was just to get out of the group.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Wales on 11:12 - Nov 22 with 3032 viewsblueasfook

Maybe you should just enjoy a rare outing at a major tournament and not spoil the experience by being bitter about England?

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Wales on 11:15 - Nov 22 with 3017 viewsclive_baker

Wales on 10:27 - Nov 22 by Stewart27

The best bit was when Bale was hacked down on the half-way line and Hartson claimed he was going to score from there.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Wales on 11:17 - Nov 22 with 3008 viewsSE1blue

I think you’ve misunderstood people calling out John Hartson’s performance, rather than Wales footballing ability.

England fans cringe just as much when pundits over inflate our chances of success.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Wales on 11:17 - Nov 22 with 3007 viewsgiant_stow

Wales on 10:08 - Nov 22 by WeWereZombies

Sorry it is 'bear', not 'bare' but we will forgive you as it must be difficult typing with those (six) wee talons...

However, as someone who is, according to AncestryDNA (whom I do not trust one bit) between 4% and 29% Scottish all I can say is that I have enough latitude to be generous in wishing Robert Fleck, David Marshall, Malky Mackay and Chris Woods well in the later stages of their careers.

That's disappointing - I thought long and hard about what bear I needed - bollix.

Wales on 12:21 - Nov 22 with 2862 viewsPinewoodblue

Wales on 10:08 - Nov 22 by WeWereZombies

Your nationality, unless your American, is determined by your place of birth, not the nationality of your parents.

My wife’s mother was Welsh, her father a Scot. She was born in Wales and considers herself Welsh, although she usually supports England. She was 6 the last time Wales qualified for World Cup finals.

We are of course all British.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Wales on 14:34 - Nov 22 with 2702 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Rich... Would you like us to refer to your team as 'Plucky little Wales' from now on?

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Wales on 14:39 - Nov 22 with 2686 viewsGeoffSentence

Wales on 11:17 - Nov 22 by giant_stow

That's disappointing - I thought long and hard about what bear I needed - bollix.

bare would have been correct for your bollix.

Wales on 15:02 - Nov 22 with 2632 viewsnoggin

Wales? Never heard of it.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024