Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? 08:57 - Nov 16 with 10529 viewsunstableblue

Looks like Hirst, Burns, Clarke and few more on Insta

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 11:18 - Nov 16 with 2632 viewstextbackup

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 10:27 - Nov 16 by BlueBadger

One is a hugely expensive yet highly naff theme park patronised by idiots with more money than sense desperate to pretend they're having a good time because they've spent a fortune to go there and the other is just off the A12 between Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth.

You caravan holiday in Felixstowe

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 11:45 - Nov 16 with 2586 viewshype313

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 10:40 - Nov 16 by jayessess

Can't fathom it, all that disposable income, you could go anywhere in the world, experience pretty much anything you want to and you make repeat trips to... Dubai?!
[Post edited 16 Nov 2023 10:40]

I've been to Dubai on a few occasions, yes it's vacuous, has lots of unbearable influencers, and is souless, however can't blame them for going there as its the closest place to go for hot weather this time of year and has excellent sports facilities.

Can't imagine a quick week in Brisbane would do wonders for our players with the fixtures coming up.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 11:50 - Nov 16 with 2567 viewshoppy

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 11:15 - Nov 16 by leitrimblue

Did you try thinking about the Fun House twins?

He got confused, and he did have the chuckle brothers in mind instead.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 11:53 - Nov 16 with 2564 viewsjayessess

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 11:45 - Nov 16 by hype313

I've been to Dubai on a few occasions, yes it's vacuous, has lots of unbearable influencers, and is souless, however can't blame them for going there as its the closest place to go for hot weather this time of year and has excellent sports facilities.

Can't imagine a quick week in Brisbane would do wonders for our players with the fixtures coming up.

Take the point about the sports facilities, although sun-wise it's not much warmer than, for e.g., Morocco, Egypt, Canary Islands, Cape Verde, all of which are similarly practicable to get to and have a short holiday in.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2023 11:54]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 12:16 - Nov 16 with 2484 viewsSharkey

I bet Walton's gone somewhere where nobody's wearing flip-flops.
So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 12:47 - Nov 16 with 2432 viewsmonty_radio

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 11:18 - Nov 16 by textbackup

I think that Felixstowe, at this time of the year, would be just as good as Dubai if they:

a) Dyed the Noth Sea a bluish colour
b) Ditto, the sky
c) Brought a bit more sand in
d) Brought a lot of outside heaters in
e) Re-opened the tea hut that closes after October Half-Term
f) Installed a fixed bicycle in the Spa Pavilion
g) Turned the Old Felixstowe golf course into an international airport
h) Brought back Peter Andre for a grand opening of Felixstowe as the "8th Emirate"

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 12:49 - Nov 16 with 2422 viewsN2_Blue

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 10:40 - Nov 16 by jayessess

Can't fathom it, all that disposable income, you could go anywhere in the world, experience pretty much anything you want to and you make repeat trips to... Dubai?!
[Post edited 16 Nov 2023 10:40]

Glad it's not just me. Have never ever seen the fascination with Dubai and never will

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 13:37 - Nov 16 with 2339 viewsITFC_Forever

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 09:31 - Nov 16 by ITFC_Forever

Him and Wolfy probably got their hands full with their new(ish) borns.

Looks like Wolfy is in Euro Disney with the family.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 14:03 - Nov 16 with 2277 viewsleitrimblue

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 13:37 - Nov 16 by ITFC_Forever

Looks like Wolfy is in Euro Disney with the family.

No pleasurewood Hills but a step up from Dubai I imagine
So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 14:13 - Nov 16 with 2262 views_clive_baker_

If we lose to WBA I'm fully expecting to see posts on here blaming a 'jolly to Doobs instead of TraYniNG' this week.

These young footballer have a nice life innit, jetting off to Dubai. I like to think Aluko is too sensible for this, and he's ducked out in favour of a weekend in the Cotswolds. Maybe a day trip to Longleat in the itinerary.

I played for Welling many moons ago and we went on a 'pre season' trip to the midlands. It was more like a stag do, I think I had about 8 cans on the coach up there and it was only a 3 hour drive.
So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 14:19 - Nov 16 with 2248 viewsdirtyboy

Never understood the fascination with Dubai, but having never been, can't comment too much. BiL lives there and the opportunities are superb if you've got the cash, but you'll burn that cash very very quickly.

Had a number of clients go there to live and return after 3-5 years citing it's not sustainable.

Lots of stunning places in the world to go to, even close by, but I appreciate these guys and their gals are young and have that want to be seen in what's percieved to be the best places.

The world has moved on, but when my wife and I were young, it was the Bahia in Tenerife and Bellagio in Vegas...stuff like that...they're old hat now...Dubai's hotels are the ones.

I'm just old already I guess....see through it a bit now.
So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 15:28 - Nov 16 with 2137 viewsBlueBadger

Pffft. Hemsby all the way, chuckles.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 15:46 - Nov 16 with 2103 viewsdavblue

i stayed down in the caravan park in April as there was 8 of us and no air bnb's about.

It was dreadful!
POST OF THE DAY (n/t) on 16:41 - Nov 16 with 2016 viewsunstableblue

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 10:18 - Nov 16 by BlueBadger

Just off the A12 between Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth?

Worked in Dubai.. that concentration on 16:46 - Nov 16 with 2014 viewsunstableblue

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 14:19 - Nov 16 by dirtyboy

Never understood the fascination with Dubai, but having never been, can't comment too much. BiL lives there and the opportunities are superb if you've got the cash, but you'll burn that cash very very quickly.

Had a number of clients go there to live and return after 3-5 years citing it's not sustainable.

Lots of stunning places in the world to go to, even close by, but I appreciate these guys and their gals are young and have that want to be seen in what's percieved to be the best places.

The world has moved on, but when my wife and I were young, it was the Bahia in Tenerife and Bellagio in Vegas...stuff like that...they're old hat now...Dubai's hotels are the ones.

Of population just should not be there

You basically have to live inside air-con for 4-6months a year and the crank up the air-con very high as well

Huge carbon footprint

It’s also very bling!!

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 17:01 - Nov 16 with 1961 viewsTresBonne

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 11:45 - Nov 16 by hype313

Popular place for young footballers with cash really.

You can live that high life in the sun, train/recover in the heat and splash the cash on your WAG so she can get some Instagram pics.
So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 17:18 - Nov 16 with 1924 viewsRyorry

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 17:01 - Nov 16 by TresBonne

Popular place for young footballers with cash really.

You can live that high life in the sun, train/recover in the heat and splash the cash on your WAG so she can get some Instagram pics.

It's also wanting to be with their mates, so if a couple of the team go, others might well join them - easy choices, not too much decision-making required.

And personally, I wouldn't blame them at all - let them relax, it's a long, hard season, and if they return with their batteries recharged, then fine 👍

Poll: Time of the annunciation

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 17:22 - Nov 16 with 1909 viewsNthQldITFC

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 11:05 - Nov 16 by jayessess

I've had a brief layover there, but it's absolutely never appealed to me as somewhere for a longer holiday. All their advertising seems to emphasise is shopping, shiny high rises, luxury this and that, not for me. You're also holidaying in a place that's built on massive systemic labour abuses, where the vast majority of people working there are second-tier citizens.

For me, I'd say almost any other place on the planet carries greater depth of interest.

...except perhaps Las Vegas.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 18:11 - Nov 16 with 1845 viewsWeWereZombies

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 17:22 - Nov 16 by NthQldITFC

...except perhaps Las Vegas.

I find the sheer absurdity of Las Vegas quite interesting though, quite a place to people watch and observe human foibles.

But not a patch on Barcelona for actual spectacular architecture, phenomenal food and dynamic culture.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 18:39 - Nov 16 with 1823 viewsRyorry

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 17:18 - Nov 16 by Ryorry

It's also wanting to be with their mates, so if a couple of the team go, others might well join them - easy choices, not too much decision-making required.

And personally, I wouldn't blame them at all - let them relax, it's a long, hard season, and if they return with their batteries recharged, then fine 👍

Happy Thursday to you too Village Green 😂

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 18:50 - Nov 16 with 1803 viewsWeWereZombies

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 18:39 - Nov 16 by Ryorry

Happy Thursday to you too Village Green 😂

Yes, I wonder who this returning poster with a penchant for down voting here and there could be ?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 18:56 - Nov 16 with 1788 viewsRyorry

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 18:50 - Nov 16 by WeWereZombies

Yes, I wonder who this returning poster with a penchant for down voting here and there could be ?

Someone who’s a fan of village greens, or just lives near one? 🤔

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 21:11 - Nov 16 with 1714 viewsTresBonne

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 17:18 - Nov 16 by Ryorry

Agreed, I think it will do them some good. International break coming at a good time for us IMO, kind of glad we have it - last 4 games or so looked a bit jaded at times so a week or thereabouts in the Dubai sun will do some good.
So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 21:41 - Nov 16 with 1665 viewsSitfcB

Harness is at Retreat East, Woolfie at Disneyland, Paris.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 04:12 - Nov 17 with 1554 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

So have the whole squad gone to Dubai? on 14:19 - Nov 16 by dirtyboy

Is the Bellagio in Vegas your idea of high end in the US?! You must be old.

In terms of a trip mid season Dubai fits the bill for a quick break. It’s got luxury, it’s better to fly east rather than west for athletes wanting to get back routine quickly and they won’t have to leave a few mile radius.

I doubt they want to go exploring too much on an international break. Might be different in the off season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024