Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! 23:27 - Dec 7 with 9746 viewsSitfcB

The answer is on Life’s A Pitch

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 23:30 - Dec 7 with 5704 viewsPhilTWTD

I remember at the time, Coventry thought they were going to get him on a free transfer because he was out of contract at Fleetwood and it was understood they couldn't afford to trigger an extension in his deal (I assume he would have got a pay increase, but that's me speculating).

However, to Cov's surprise, they triggered the option, they couldn't afford the fee and he joined us. Just remembered that it was Coventry who wanted him, which would have added a bit of further context to the weekend goal.
No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 01:20 - Dec 8 with 5518 viewsBigCommon

Did I hear right? 60k?... That is an obscene bit of business if true.
No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 07:39 - Dec 8 with 5162 viewstextbackup

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 01:20 - Dec 8 by BigCommon

You’d pay that now just for his headband!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 08:11 - Dec 8 with 5045 viewshomer_123

Overrated, overpriced whack job

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 08:26 - Dec 8 with 4994 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 01:20 - Dec 8 by BigCommon

Sounds a bit out of whack.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 08:33 - Dec 8 with 4961 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Similar fee to Mings.

Maybe we should only pay fees in the tens of thousands from now on. We seem to have found the sweet spot!
No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 09:08 - Dec 8 with 4848 viewsorfordbuoy

A cup-of-tea wielding Paul Cook acquisition.
No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 09:26 - Dec 8 with 4769 viewspositivity

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 08:33 - Dec 8 by ArnoldMoorhen

Similar fee to Mings.

Maybe we should only pay fees in the tens of thousands from now on. We seem to have found the sweet spot!

if only we'd added a few extra thousands to the malarczyk fee!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Login to get fewer ads

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 09:29 - Dec 8 with 4772 viewsitfcjoe

I was told at the time it was between £100k and £150k, which is probably about right as CEO's like to talk down fees like he did last night!

But I've mentioned before, that I'd say he's our best 'pound for pound' signing we made.....Morsy and Walton fees were similar but they obviously had good Championship wage packets alongside them

Burns has been absolutely fantastic

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 09:52 - Dec 8 with 4659 viewsArnoldMoorhen

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 09:26 - Dec 8 by positivity

if only we'd added a few extra thousands to the malarczyk fee!

Gary Roberts was a fair signing, priced at one secondhand bus and some training footballs, but imagine the player he could have been had we paid in cash!

If my memory of 1970s Topps Bubble Gum cards is not failing me, I think we paid £55,000 for Allan Hunter- the evidence is stacking up!
No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 10:11 - Dec 8 with 4589 viewsCityBlue

I pay tribute to some of the less successful managers in my podcast as although they failed to gel the team, they built the foundation that King McKenna has built upon.

Just search YouTube for EFL Championship Terrace Talk

Or listen on any PodCast provider.

https://amzn.eu/d/9YXz8Qt

I T I D

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 10:11 - Dec 8 with 4591 viewsdavblue

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 09:29 - Dec 8 by itfcjoe

I was told at the time it was between £100k and £150k, which is probably about right as CEO's like to talk down fees like he did last night!

But I've mentioned before, that I'd say he's our best 'pound for pound' signing we made.....Morsy and Walton fees were similar but they obviously had good Championship wage packets alongside them

'Burns has been absolutely fantastic'

Are you sure on that? Our resident whack a post thinks he's rubbish...
No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 10:18 - Dec 8 with 4532 viewsCityBlue

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 09:29 - Dec 8 by itfcjoe

Walton's wages are considerably more than Wes is on...

I T I D

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 10:27 - Dec 8 with 4468 viewsitfcjoe

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 10:18 - Dec 8 by CityBlue

And Morsy, it's why Wes such a good signing or me

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 10:46 - Dec 8 with 4408 views_clive_baker_

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 10:18 - Dec 8 by CityBlue

I'm not sure what Wes Burns is paid, he's signed a new deal since signing so I'm sure it's not bad.

I was told what Pigott earns though, and nearly fell off my chair.
No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 10:48 - Dec 8 with 4391 viewsportmanking

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 10:46 - Dec 8 by _clive_baker_

I'm not sure what Wes Burns is paid, he's signed a new deal since signing so I'm sure it's not bad.

I was told what Pigott earns though, and nearly fell off my chair.

We had to beat off pretty strong interest from Reading - then a fairly decent Champ side - for Pigott. I'm told it was in the region of 11-12k p/w!
No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 10:51 - Dec 8 with 4355 views_clive_baker_

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 10:48 - Dec 8 by portmanking

We had to beat off pretty strong interest from Reading - then a fairly decent Champ side - for Pigott. I'm told it was in the region of 11-12k p/w!

Sunderland too if his agent was to be believed, who were deemed a divisional L1 competitor at the time.

That's the range I was given. There's worse ways to earn 1.5m over 3 years (plus a 6 figure signing on fee).
No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 11:08 - Dec 8 with 4263 viewsFrimleyBlue

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 10:11 - Dec 8 by davblue

'Burns has been absolutely fantastic'

Are you sure on that? Our resident whack a post thinks he's rubbish...

Rubbish no
Overated and inconsistent. Yes.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 11:12 - Dec 8 with 4263 viewswkj

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 11:08 - Dec 8 by FrimleyBlue

Rubbish no

Yet both are equally as wrong as claiming he's rubbish
[Post edited 8 Dec 2023 11:16]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 11:19 - Dec 8 with 4227 viewsRobTheMonk

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 11:08 - Dec 8 by FrimleyBlue

Rubbish no

Disagree with you on this one Frimmers. He's been a staple of our team since he's got here and we're now second in the Championship (so he must be doing something regularly right).

He offers a lot from a workrate point of view both offensively and defensively and is deceptively good in the are for an out ball. Started scoring goals again. Delivery can be a little suspect at times, but then he'd be playing at a higher level.
No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 11:19 - Dec 8 with 4231 viewsitfcjoe

Rubbish no

"Overated" - the player who most people thought was in danger of losing place this season but is now still a key man for a Championship auto contender

"Inconsistent" - the player who has been a model of consistency for over 100 games since he's been at the club, just the key man in what we do tactically and contributes in every phase of the game and on the stat sheet

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 11:20 - Dec 8 with 4227 viewsStokieBlue

Rubbish no

Time for you to fook off about Burns. Everyone has had enough, go be a weirdo about him on Tw*tter or something.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 11:30 - Dec 8 with 4133 viewsdavblue

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 11:19 - Dec 8 by itfcjoe

"Overated" - the player who most people thought was in danger of losing place this season but is now still a key man for a Championship auto contender

"Inconsistent" - the player who has been a model of consistency for over 100 games since he's been at the club, just the key man in what we do tactically and contributes in every phase of the game and on the stat sheet

i do really struggle to see his point on Burns, he's been very good since he's been here. His crossing can be hit and miss sometimes, certainly in his early career here but he's improved it without a shadow of a doubt.
No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 11:31 - Dec 8 with 4118 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 11:20 - Dec 8 by StokieBlue

Time for you to fook off about Burns. Everyone has had enough, go be a weirdo about him on Tw*tter or something.

SB

It's fine. We all know Frimmers doesn't understand football.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 11:32 - Dec 8 with 3920 viewstractorboy1978

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 11:19 - Dec 8 by itfcjoe

24 goals and 25 assists in 104 games for us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024